Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
Next Roost Meeting October 11 at 7:30 OC 360.
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY: The House Committee met to discuss ways to improve the flow and service at our monthly meetings. If you want to have dinner at OC 360 at our Roost meetings, please be advised that you need to order dinner in the bar or dining room BEFORE the meeting. We WON'T be taking food orders during our Roost meeting. Only drink orders. If you order dinner that is not ready by the time the meeting begins, your order will be brought in, but again, NO food orders will be taken during the meeting. OC 360 has generously offered to have modest snacks on the tables for us at the meeting. So, if you want to have dinner at OC 360, please come early enough to have dinner BEFORE the meeting.
Please think about stepping up to volunteer for Board and Officer positions and the Golf Scholarship Committee next year. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the responsibilities for any of these positions. or 410-598-4597.
The following positions are open next year:
ONE YEAR TERMS
President 2 One Year Terms Maximum
Vice President 2 One Year Terms Maximum
Recording Secretary 3 One Year Terms Maximum
Treasurer 5 One Year Terms Maximum
Sergeant of Arms 4 One Year Terms Maximum
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chairman 3 Year Term Maximum
Director 1 3 Year Term Maximum
Director 2 2 Year Term Maximum
Director 3 2 Year Term Maximum
Director 4 1 Year Term
Remember that your Roost Membership card entitles you to a 20% discount on food, beverage & apparel purchases at the Original Greene Turtle (116th St.). We encourage all Roost members and committees to patronize the Original Greene Turtle!
Remember that we collect plastic grocery bags at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (Local Food Bank & Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pickup truck is parked in front of OC 360 at every Roost meeting. Simply put your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck. This is a great way to recycle plastic bags for a good cause.
· Dates to Remember:
o Tomorrow – October meeting
o Friday - Harrington Trip
o Saturday – Ghost Tour
o 10/17 – Pizza Benefit
o 12/7 – Roost Christmas Party
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. We currently have 172 members. I am still accepting dues. Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Road Trip: Bus Trip to Charlotte: Tickets are in for Charlotte trip. Will bring to next meeting. Call if you want to pick them up at my house. Also if anyone wants to help with Ent Comm and you work, please let us know and we can change meetings to evenings. Don’t forget to bring in t-shirts for the quilt Martha is going to make us. Thanks, Ent Comm
· Apparel: 20th Anniversary Gear in Stock! There a few 20th Anniversary T shirts, Hoodies and Long Sleeve Shirts available in three colors - Black, Purple and Gray. Call me at if you're interested. Thanks, Eric.
· - Friday, October 12th - Monday, October 15th, 2018. Package for two includes: Friday and Saturday stay, Sunday is complimentary. Breakfast buffet in the Beach House restaurant on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Tailgate Party, Eastern Shore style, Saturday on the Coconuts patio. Rates starting at $325 for two guests.
· Ticket Exchange:
o I would like to sell the following games. Bucks vs Ravens December 16 and Browns vs Ravens December 30. There are two seats Section 101, Row 32 seats 20 and 21. Visitors side the sunny side. Asking for face value for the tickets. Must buy both. Please call Marius Ambrose at 302-947-4168.
o I have 2 tickets for sale for the Ravens vs Buccaneers game on Sun. 12/16 @ 1pm. Seats are in Sec. 103, Row 32, seats 10 & 11. Face value of $146/each. Let me know if you are interested. Gary Miller
o Matt Herrmann is selling a full season of Ravens tickets at face value $1300 for both seats with option to buy PSLs during the next transfer period. Section 519 Row 17 Seats 7+8.
o I have five (5) tickets Section 534 Row 23 Seats 17 thru 21 for the PANTHERS vs RAVENS away game on Sunday Oct. 28, 2018. Face Value $85.00 per ticket, will consider offer. If you are interested please call Fred Frankowski 410-250-8625 or 443-859-3467.
· Penguin Swim: AGH Website is up and the OC Ravens Roost #44 Penguin Swim Team page is ready to register those wanting to join the Team. Go to "" to register and donate. See Gary at the Oct. meeting for more info.
Fundraising Night at the new Fox's Pizza Den in West OC (in the new SC next to Home Depot and the new Michael's) on Wednesday Oct. 17th, 4pm to 7pm. 15% of your food bill will be donated to the OC RR44 Penguin Swim Team in support of AGH.
We are looking for items for the Basket of Cheer, one of the Raffle Prizes in the Annual Penguin Swim Raffle. Beer, Wine, Liquor, Bar tools & glasses, Bar Towels, Growler refill certificates and anything else you might want to find in the basket if you win it. Please bring to the Roost meeting on Thursday.
o Entertainment Committee Meeting October 9, 6pm @ the Original Green Turtle.
o Entertainment Schedule 2018:
§ October 12 – Harrington Bus Trip
· We still have a couple of seats available for Casino trip if anyone is interested they can contact me.
· Date: Friday, October 12th
· Cost: $20.00 per person, includes $15.00 free slot play and ½ towards buffet
· Pick up: Montego Bay at 8:30, Rose’s in DE at 9:00
· Depart Harrington: 3pm
· To sign up please contact Mary Kendall Email: . Cellphone: 302-236-9617. Let me know if you have any questions. Mary
§ October 13 - NEW! Ghost Tour, Pocomoke City, 7pm. Cost $20. Anyone that wants to go can just meet in Pocomoke.
§ December 7 – Christmas Party. A signup sheet will be distributed for all members who think they will attend if they do not have a conflict that prevents it. We need a head count to start planning with the venue. Print out the attached selection sheet and get it back to Ron as soon as you can. .
o Potential Activities Under Discussion
§ Bus Trip to Canton
§ Duckaneer Cruise
§ Pub Crawl Kent Island
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Tonight - The Original Greene Turtle is very excited to be hosting our 18th Annual Ravens Rap Show! The show is taped every Wednesday from 6 - 8pm and will air each Sunday at noon on WGMD 92.7FM the Talk of Delmarva and on WMDT - TV47.
Each week we will be welcoming local sports authorities including: Mike Bradley our weekly host, Tony Lombardi from the Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, former Baltimore Colt Bruce Laird, John Gherig from ExploreOC, Bobby Vermillion from Resort Video Guide plus many more...
This year's sponsors will include: Toyota, GEICO, JC Tickets, Ocean City Golf Getaway, Ocean City Golf Club, Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, Explore OC, Holiday Inn Express, the Comfort Inn at the Gold Coast Mall, the Resort Video Guide and this year we are very excited to welcome MILLER LIGHT to the Ravens Roost family!!
Our drink specials will be $3.00 MILLER LIGHT BOTTLES and $2.50 MILLER LIGHT DRAFTS and of course Ravens Roost members receive 20% off of regular prices (not including drink specials or Happy Hour Prices)!!!
· Friday - , Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Presents The Baddest Son-O-The Beach Fight Fest. Doors open at 6:30 pm; the first fight begins at 8:00 pm. Tickets: Individual Seats - $50, 35, and $25. Tables of 8 - $400 and $300.
· Saturday & Sunday - , Clarion Hotel and Inlet Parking Lot. Great annual event for Corvette enthusiasts and owners. This is the largest Corvette Club sponsored event on the East Coast of the United States with over 1200 Corvette enthusiasts attending from Canada to Florida. For more information visit or email .
· Saturday - - Berlin Octoberfest, Berlin. Come to America's Coolest Small Town to celebrate October! Join in all of the fun with its annual sidewalk sale, delicious food, vendors and, of course, a beer garden for those 21 years of age and older.
· One day there were two boys playing by a stream. One boy went over to the bush to check out some noises. He pointed out a woman bathing naked in the steam. So, both boys decided to stay and watch her. All of a sudden the second boy took off running. The first boy couldn't understand why he ran away, so he took off after his friend. Finally he caught up to him and asked his friend why he had run away. The second boy said to his friend, "My mom told me if I ever saw a naked lady I would turn to stone, and I felt something getting hard, so I ran."
· A visitor from Holland was chatting with his American friend and was jokingly explaining about the red, white and blue in the Netherlands flag. "Our flag symbolizes our taxes," he said. "We get red when we talk about them, white when we get our tax bill, and blue after we pay them."
"That's the same with us," the American said, "only we see stars, too."
· An Irish wife was having a shower and slipped over on the bathroom floor. Instead of slipping over forwards, she slipped over and did the splits and suctioned herself to the floor. She yelled out for her husband. 'Paddy! Paddy!' she yelled.
Paddy came running in. 'Paddy I've suctioned myself to the floor,' she said.
'Ohhh nooo! Paddy said and tried to pull her up. 'You're just too heavy, love. I'll go across the road and get Shamus.'
Paddy comes back with Shamus and they both tried to pull her up.
'Nope, I can't do it,' Shamus said, 'Let's try plan C.'
'Plan C?' exclaimed Paddy. 'What's that?'
'I'll go home and get my hammer and chisel and we will break the tiles under her.'
'Oh okay,' Paddy said. 'While you're doing that I'll stay here and play with her tits.'
'Play with her tits?' Shamus said. 'Why would you do that? This is hardly the time.'
Paddy replied, 'Well, I figure if I can get her wet enough, we can slide her into the kitchen where the tiles aren't so expensive to replace.'
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.
· Going on vacation so no Poop next week. See you again on October 24.