Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
December Roost meeting will be WEDNESDAY, December 11th due to Ravens/Jets on Thursday December 12th. Meeting at Alley Oops.
At the November 14th meeting, Bob Munroe was elected Chair of the Nominating Committee to assemble the slate of candidates for the Election for Officers for 2020. The following positions are open for election:
Sergeant of Arms
If you are interested in running for one of these offices, you must contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your name placed on the slate of candidates for the 2020 election. See the By Laws on our website for the responsibilities of each position. See Article VI Officers and Article VII Nominations & Elections.
At the December 11 Membership Meeting, Bob will announce the slate of candidates. Nominations can also be made from the floor at the meeting. After the meeting, all nominations are closed. The election will be held at the January Membership Meeting. Call/Text or Email me if you have any questions- 410-598-4597 or email@example.com.
· Dates to Remember:
o 12/11 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 12/13 – Roost Christmas Party (at Mio Fratello’s)
· Membership: Please mail your dues to: Susan Berterman, 12290 Dixie Drive, Bishopville, MD, 21813. Still only $30 per year. We have 127 current paid members.
· Ticket Exchange:
o Nick Costa (non-Ravens Roost 44 member) is selling his Ravens’ PSLs and season tickets. Nick’s phone is 410-428-0131.
o 2 seats up for sale. They are Section 519, Row 17, Seats 7 & 8 - $1,350.00 for the whole season or I am selling for individual games. Thanks, Matt Herrmann firstname.lastname@example.org
o Tickets for sale for Jets (non-Ravens Roost 44 member) – Section 145, seats 3 & 4. Face value $102 each. Call Nancy 312.560.1627.
· Game Bus: The Ravens Bus will be running this year. Both Season Passes and Individual Games Seats are available (on a limited basis). Please contact Bill Regan for information. The pickup locations are as follows. Please arrive a few minutes early.
o Ocean City Elementary School - Departing 7:00 am. Address: 12828 Center Dr, Ocean City, MD 21842
o Worcester County Library Ocean Pines - Departing 7:30. Address: 11107 Cathell Rd, Berlin, MD 21811
o Roses Millsboro - Departing 8 am. Address: 29859 Dupont Blvd, Millsboro, DE 19966
My email address: email@example.com. My cell: 410-430-7902. Text is best.
· Penguin Swim:
o The OC Ravens Roost #44 Penguin Swim Team registration page is now available. Anyone wishing to join the Team, simply go to aghpenguinswim.org, click on "join a team", click on OC Ravens Roost #44, and then register. Note that it requires a $25 donation by credit card to register. If you were on the Team last year, be sure to click on "Returning Penguins" to get started. I will have more information on upcoming events at the meeting.
· Ravens Rap: Ravens Rap returns! Join Mike Bradley, Tony Lombardi, and a plethora of special guests every Monday as they review the previous week’s game and preview the upcoming game. Ravens Rap continues every Monday 6pm throughout the season. Drinks and food specials!
· Ravens Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes
Our week 7 $25 Bonus Winner with Score of 118 is Betty Apperson (ticket 4102). The Appersons got lucky themselves this week - Congratulations! And, the Bonus Program continues to be a real Bonus! Enjoy Raven Fans!
If you are keeping track -
Winners to Date: Eight - $25 Winners
Week 1 - Two $25 Winners for Least Points Scored - Both scored 31 points
§ Tonja Sas (4192) - Rank 4956 - Arizona, Cleveland, Washington
§ Les McKee (4111) - Rank 4957 - Arizona, Denver, Washington
o Week 2 - One $25 Winners for Most Points Scored - 108 points
§ JoAnn Elder (4151) - Rank 8 - Dallas, Baltimore, Tampa Bay
o Week 3 - One $25 Winners for Bonus Prize Winner - 100 points
§ Igor Gawryluk (4164) - Guaranteed Weekly Winner Program Award - No rank
o Week 4 - One $25 Winners for Bonus Prize Winner - 98 points
§ Diane Staines (4119) - Guaranteed Weekly Winner Program Award - No rank
o Week 5 - One $25 Winners for Bonus Prize Winner - 112 points
§ Terry Jobb (4110) - Guaranteed Weekly Winner Program Award - No rank
o Week 6 - One $25 Winners for Bonus Prize Winner - 101 points
§ Ed Belloff (4162) - Guaranteed Weekly Winner Program Award - No rank
o Week 7 - One $25 Winners for Bonus Prize Winner - 118 points
§ Betty Apperson (4102) - Guaranteed Weekly Winner Program Award - No rank
Congratulations to all our Winners! Let the Holidays begin! And the Raven Wondrous Ride Continue!
Contact Michele Sardelis for questions. Text or Call - 443-928-8286, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Wellness: Please call Marian Cicero @ 410.250.2501 or 443.880.0862 if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member. Please, no texts or emails.
o Entertainment Schedule 2019:
§ Friday, December 13th, 6:30 – 9:30pm, Roost Christmas Party @ Mio Fratello’s in Fenwick Island. Live music, 3 drink tix per person. Dinner choices will be announced at the August Meeting. Price is $40pp, non-member spouse or SO $65. Eric and I toured the room where the Christmas Party is to be held @ Mio Fratello. Beautiful, very spacious room. We will have a tree and no longer need decorations – Mios has already decorate.
Seating is assigned. We will give out seat assignments and drink tickets when you sign in. Lite fare (meatball and crab balls) will be served prior to dinner. Dinner served around 7-730. We have same band as last year and plenty of dancing (and singing) room. I hope we have lots of people who know the words to "You never even call me by my name". It's now a Roost tradition to sing that at all of our functions! Festivities end at 930. Looking forward to seeing you all there. It should be a really fun time.
Call or text Donna @ 410-627-7597 or email @ chapshouse@comcast,net.
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but you can go here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN here from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· Today thru January 1 - Winterfest Of Lights, Northside Park, Northside Park, 125th Street & the Bay. Admission is $5.00 for those 12 years & older, and FREE for those 11 years and younger.
For over twenty-five years, Winterfest of Lights has delighted families with its holiday light displays, music and attractions. Take a ride through 58-acres of animated displays on the Winterfest Express. Board the train and enjoy the synchronized holiday music as you glide past spectacular lighted displays, including the Twelve Days of Christmas and other favorite holiday themes. Visit the heated Winterfest pavilion, buy a cup of hot chocolate at the OC Recreation Boosters Café, and browse the Gift Shop for that special stocking stuffer or gift. Santa and Mrs. Claus are available for photos every night until December 23. On New Year’s Eve, ring in the New Year with entertainment, giveaways and fireworks at midnight. Be sure to visit Winterfest of Lights at Northside Park for that lasting holiday memory!
Hours: Sunday to Thursday 5:30PM to 9:30PM, Friday & Saturday 5:30PM to 10:30PM.
· Friday - Brian's Christmas Songbook Concert - Concert For A Cause | Free Tickets, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Brian's Christmas Songbook - Featuring Mid-Atlantic Symphony and Melissa Alessi. Sharing the joy and hope of Christmas through an anthology of songs along with narration by Brian's Dad explaining the importance of texts in hopes that you will be influenced to resist always any temptation to try drugs. Our SHOW will be a lot of fun! The Mid - Atlantic Symphony Orchestra, great singers and beautiful Christmas music. Tickets are available for purchase at Ticketmaster or at the Convention Center Box Office.
· Saturday - Comic Con 2019, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Comic Con Ocean City will happen on Saturday, Dec. 14. Dress up and bring the kids to this exciting family event. Tickets cost $10, and can be purchased at the door. Tickets are cash only. Admission is $10, and kids 9 years and younger are free.
· Saturday - SantaCon 9 OCMD, SantaCon Ocean City. Join others in an eventful Saturday afternoon full of Santas in Ocean City! Participating Venues Include: Cork Bar & Grill, The Bearded Clam, The Lucky Anchor Bar & Grill, Wild Bills, Pickles Pub, 28th Street Pit-n-Pub, Buxy's Salty Dog Saloon, Mother's Cantina, Coins Restaurant.
· Monday - Ravens Rap Show - Chance To Win Tickets To Ravens Home Games, The Original Greene Turtle. Ravens Rap Show Live - all you need to know about your hometown team! Join your hosts Mike Bradley of 92.7 FM with his special guests each week for expert analysis, fun commentary and insider information. The Ravens Rap Show is filmed LIVE every Monday night from 6-7pm at The Original Greene Turtle! Every show you attend gets you more chances to win Ravens Tickets to home Ravens games vs the Bears, the Dolphins, the Lions and the Colts (must be present to win) and other giveaways from sponsors! While you are here, you might as well have a cold beer; $2.75 Miller Lite and Coors Light Bottles and Drafts and $2.75 Rail Drinks.
· A trucker who has been out on the road for three weeks stops into a brothel outside Vegas. He walks straight up to the Madam, drops down $500 and says, "I want your ugliest woman and a bologna sandwich!!!"
The Madam is astonished. "But sir, for that kind of money you could have one of my finest ladies and a three-course meal."
The trucker replies, "Listen sweetheart, I ain’t horny, I’m homesick."
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.