Roost #44 Poop
· (Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation)
· From the Prez –
· Dates to Remember:
o 10/8/2020 – October Roost Meeting
o 11/12/2020 – November Roost Meeting
o 12/10/2020 – December Roost Meeting
· Membership: We currently have 121 paid members. Thanks all!
· Wellness: Please call Marian Cicero @ 410.250.2501 or 443.880.0862 if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member. Please, no texts or emails.
· House: All monthly Roost meetings to be held at the American Legion @ 23rd Street until further notice.
· Penguin Swim: Until further notice, the Penguin Swim fundraising activities have been put on hold. Once it is safe to do so, we will start planning events.
· Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes 2020: Are you ready for some Football Sweepstakes?!?!?! Roost #44 is excited to announce we will once again be conducting our Football Sweepstakes. Last year we sold 86 tickets and raised $1,204! Thank you for your support!
This year, we raised the bar a bit because you all are awesome! We have 200 Sweepstakes tickets to sell. If all tickets sold, we can raise a little over $2,700 for our Charity Funds – WOW!
So, what is the “Poop” about the Football Sweepstakes …
o Tickets are $20 per.
o Sweepstakes run for 10 weeks – From October 29 thru January 3
o We will have at least one guaranteed winner each week – It could be you!!!!
o Prizes are awarded each week to the highest 25 game cards that score the most points
§ First place - $400
§ Second Place - $200
§ Third place - $100
§ Next 22 Runner ups - $25
o Prizes are awarded each week for the lowest scoring 5 game cards
§ Lowest score - $50
§ Next 4 Runner ups - $25
o Grand Prize Season ending
§ Highest Valued Card of the Season - $1000
§ Lowest Valued card of the Season - $200
o Cash Prizes will be awarded at the Monthly Meetings or by mail.
Michele Sardelis will be selling Football Sweepstakes tickets at the Monthly Meetings when held. We will have a table setup near the sign-up table prior to the meetings to purchase your Sweepstakes tickets. We will accept exact change and checks made out to Ravens Roost #44.
You can also reach out to Michele via email or text to purchase tickets. We will have you mail payment checks to Michele, your purchaser ticket information (name, e-mail, phone, full mailing address), and stamped self-addressed envelope for Michele to mail the tickets back to you. Or, we will email you photocopies of your sweepstakes tickets until we see each other in person.
If you want to get a “bundle” of Football Sweepstakes tickets to sell, or have any questions, please contact Michele by email, text, or phone:
Let’s have some Football Sweepstakes Fun! We all need it!!!
o Entertainment meetings are suspended until further notice.
Christmas party is cancelled.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN here from columnist Roch Kubatko.
have good news and bad news," a defense attorney told his client.
"First the bad news: The blood test came back, and your DNA is an exact match with the sample found on the victim's dress."
"Oh, no - I'm ruined!" cried the client. "What's the good news?"
"Your cholesterol is down to 140!"
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.