Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez – Well we’re going to the Super Bowl! I received the official sign yesterday by a phone call. I won season tickets from a raffle in Baltimore. I NEVER win raffles. So get ready for another Super Bowl Ride! Woo Hoo!😎🏈
Remember that your Roost Membership card entitles you to a 20% discount on food, beverage & apparel purchases at the Original Greene Turtle (116th St.). We encourage all Roost members and committees to patronize the Original Greene Turtle!
Remember that we collect plastic grocery bags at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (Local Food Bank & Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pickup truck is parked in front of OC 360 at every Roost meeting. Simply put your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck. This is a great way to recycle plastic bags for a good cause.
· Dates to Remember:
o Tomorrow night – Shorebirds Game
o 8/9 – Monthly Roost Meeting, 7:30pm @ OC 360.
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. I am still accepting dues. Susan White, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Road Trip: Bus Trip to Charlotte: No bus for Charlotte due to lack of interest. For those still wanting to go, call me and I will give you info on the hotel. I will need $100 per person for tickets to the game. I will order the tickets when I receive deposits from all who are going. I need the deposits NOW. My address is 38329 Maple Lane, Selbyville, DE 19975. My # is 410.627.7697 call or text, or email .
· Apparel: 20th Anniversary Gear in Stock! There a few 20th Anniversary T shirts, Hoodies and Long Sleeve Shirts available in three colors - Black, Purple and Gray. Call me at if you're interested. Thanks, Eric.
· Ticket Exchange:
o 2 Raven PSL's in section 503 isle seats for sale, negotiable. He can be reached at 410-913-4700. (Chad Baker)
o Tentative Entertainment Schedule 2018
§ July 19 – Shorebirds Game - Shorebirds Event Thursday evening 7/19/18: $28pp (includes 2 hr. buffet, table/chair seating, giveaway visor & $2 pint cans)
We now have 35 members and guests signed up + 2 others (bus drivers). Tickets can be picked up at the bus but will not be handed out at the game except for being left for them at the WILL CALL window. Have ID for that; everyone on the bus will be going directly inside when we get there.
There are 22 bus riders. You can pay Ron cash only at the bus before we leave at 5:30pm on game nite. The yellow school bus (with a/c) will be behind Montego Bay SC. Do not forget to bring your game tickets to the bus that nite !
§ September 29 – Crab Feast
§ November ? – Harrington Bus Trip
§ December 7 – Christmas Party
o Potential Activities Under Discussion
§ Bus Trip to Canton
§ Duckaneer Cruise
§ Pub Crawl Kent Island
§ Eastern Shore Ghost Bus Tour
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Now thru Labor Day - - Lasers, lights, video, music and special effects, The Beach at North Division Street. Returning to Ocean City this summer is the fun and exciting free event for the entire family, OC Beach Lights Spectacular!
Beach Lights will begin Memorial Day weekend and run nightly through Labor Day from 9pm to 11pm. Special 3-minute displays at 9:00pm, 9:20pm, 9:40pm, 10:00pm, 10:20pm, 10:40pm, and 11:00pm.
This lighting attraction features high-powered searchlights that accent the sky and surrounding area around N. Division Street and the Boardwalk. Searchlights move and sway, creating a dance of light to musical selections played through boardwalk speakers. The lights change into a variety of colors, bathing the surrounding beachscape and boardwalk in vibrant colors.
· Tonight - - Carousel Resort Hotel and Condominiums. Enjoy free movies on the beach in Ocean City Maryland every Wednesday from June 6 to August 29 at the Carousel Hotel on 117th St. in Ocean City MD. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts at dusk. For more information, call 800-626-2326.
Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:
o July 18: CoCo
o July 25: The Lego Ninjango Movie
o August 1: Leap
o August 8: Justice League
o August 15: Cars 3
o August 22: Moana
o August 29: Wonder Woman
· Tomorrow - Sunset Park Party Nights - Free Concert, S. Division St. & the Bay. Enjoy free concerts in Ocean City Maryland in Sunset Park every Thursday in July and August from 7pm - 9pm. Sunset Park Party Nights provides a perfect outdoor setting overlooking the bay in Ocean City MD. Bring a chair and watch the sunset as you listen to great live music. Sunset Park is located along South Division Street between Philadelphia Avenue and the Bay, next to the US Coast Guard Station in downtown Ocean City MD. All concert admissions and parking are free and open to the public. Beverages, including beer, are available for purchase. Please bring your own chair.
o July 19 - Full Circle (Blues / R&B / Rock)
o July 26 - Bob Lougheed & Memphis Mafia (Tribute to Elvis)
o Aug 2 - British Invasion Experience (Beatles Tribute Band)
o Aug 9 - Lower Case Blues (Blues / Rock)
o Aug 16 - Tranzfusion (Classic Rock)
o Aug 23 - The Beach Bumz (Tropical Rock)
o Aug 30 - The Swell Fellas (R&B / Funk / Soul)
For more information, call 410-289-7739.
· Tomorrow - Thursday Concerts in the Park, Ocean Pines Association Inc
o July 19 – On The Edge
o July 26 – Sinatra 101
o Aug 2 – Blind Wind
o Aug 9 – Full Circle
o Aug 16 – Prime Time
o Aug 23 – Opposite Directions
Bring lawn chairs and the whole family for an evening of music in White Horse Park. BYOB allowed. Concessions will be available. Concerts are children friendly: there is a playground right at the park! Free Admission!
· Tomorrow – Freeman Stage @ Bayside - Mary Poppins by Clear Space Theatre Company, 7pm, $15. One of the most popular Disney movies of all time is capturing hearts in a whole new way: as a practically perfect musical! Based on the books by P.L. Travers and the classic Walt Disney film, the jack-of-all-trades, Bert, introduces us to England in 1910 and the troubled Banks family. Mary Poppins arrives on their doorstep using a combination of magic and common sense, that teaches the family members how to value each other again. Mary Poppins takes the children on many magical and memorable adventures, but even grown-ups can learn a lesson or two from the nanny. Music & Lyrics by Richard M. Sherman & Robert B. Sherman, Book by Julian Fellowes. BYOC- Bring Your Own Chair. Children age 12 & under are granted free entry to this performance.
· Friday -Freeman Stage @ Bayside - Celtic Tenors, 7pm, $15. The only Irish tenor group with a truly global audience, The Celtic Tenors will give you a night to remember. Whether playing a neighborhood cathedral or major concert halls in international cities like New York, Amsterdam or Shanghai, you are assured of a professional, sparkling and most of all, good-humored performance. They genuinely love what they do and you’ll see that shine through in each rendition of beautiful Celtic songs, exhilarating classics, a Capellas and popular contemporary songs. The Celtic Tenors, you’ll get more than a performance by world-class artists. You’ll enjoy an evening to savor and a night with tenors who despite their incredible success don’t take themselves too seriously! Children age 12 & under are granted free entry to this performance. BYOC- Bring Your Own Chair.
· Saturday – Freeman Stage @ Bayside - Remember When Rock Was Young: The Elton John Tribute, 7pm, $25. Remember When Rock was Young — The Elton John Tribute is a full strength stage experience like you've never seen before! Capturing the music, costumes, and charisma of Sir Elton John, this show leaves audiences gasping for breath from all the fun they've had! Remember When Rock was Young — The Elton John Tribute stars the multiple award-winning, multi-talented singer/actor/pianist Craig A. Meyer. In addition to his numerous credits with roles in film, television and on Broadway, Meyer has toured internationally and recorded with music legends including Frankie Valli and Barry Manilow. He is considered to be the best Elton John tribute artist in the market today whose strong vocals, striking resemblance and amazing talent on the piano has audiences everywhere remembering when rock was young. This spectacular theatrical experience is a musical journey celebrating the decades of chart-topping hits of Sir Elton John, including: “Benny and the Jets.” “Philadelphia Freedom,” “Crocodile Rock,” “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” and “Candle in the Wind.” Meyer’s fully produced show has captivated audiences throughout the United States and internationally. Children age 12 & under are granted free entry to this performance. BYOC- Bring Your Own Chair.
· Sunday - , Somerset Plaza between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. Enjoy viewing classic cars while listening to live music in Ocean City Maryland. OC Cruzers will display approximately 15 vehicles along Somerset Street Plaza. The owners of the vehicles will supervise and educate spectators about their older cars. Live music or DJ will be provided. Select Sundays 2:30pm to 6pm. For more information, call 410-289-7739 or visit . Music Schedule TBA.
Save the Dates:
· Aug 12
· Sep 9, 23
· Sunday - - Northside Park. Sundaes in the Park is the ultimate free family event in Ocean City Maryland. Outdoor live music, children's activities, ice cream and fireworks provided every Sunday from 7pm - 9pm during the summer. Fireworks start at 9pm. What could be better?
Bring your picnic basket and beach chairs to Northside Park, located at 125th Street and the Bay for ice cream sundaes, live entertainment, children's activities and fireworks. All entertainment is free. Create your own ice cream sundae with delicious toppings for a small price. Listen to your musical favorites and watch the sunset over the beautiful Ocean City bay. For more information call 410-250-0125.
Summer 2018 Schedule - Save the Dates!
o July 22 - Guys in Thin Ties (80's)
o July 29 - Mike Hines & The Look (high energy dance)
o August 5 - The Janitors (music for happy feel)
o August 12 - Front Page News (rock)
o August 19 - Jesse Garron's Tribute to Elvis
o August 26 - Ragdoll (Frankie Valli Tribute)
o September 2 - Triple Trail Turn (modern country)
· Monday & Friday - The Beach on 27th Street. Enjoy free movies on the beach at 27th St. in Ocean City Maryland every Monday and Friday from June 25 to August 17. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m. For more information, call 410-250-0125.
Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:
o July 20: Wreck It Ralph
o July 23: The Emjoi Movie
o July 27: Paddington 2
o July 30: A Bug's Life
o August 3: Wall-E
o August 6: Wonder
o August 10: Big Hero 6
o August 13: Sherlock Gnomes
o August 17: CoCo
· Monday – Freeman Stage @ Bayside - PAT BENATAR, NEIL GIRALDO AND RICK SPRINGFIELD, 6:30pm, $50-$100. With special guest Dauzat St. Marie!
Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo met each other in 1979 for the first time, in a small rehearsal room at SIR studios in New York City. The rest as they say, “is history.” Pat Benatar’s staggering vocal range and Neil Giraldo’s trailblazing artistry as a guitarist, producer, songwriter and arranger, together forge the undeniable chemistry and unprecedented sound that created some of rocks most memorable hits, including “Love Is a Battlefield,” “Heartbreaker,” “We Live for Love,” “We Belong,” and the signature, “Promises in The Dark.” Together they have sold over 30 million albums worldwide and won an unprecedented, four consecutive Grammy awards. In 1982, Benatar and Giraldo were married and have two grown daughters. Their rock and roll love affair has endured for more than three and a half decades. Pat and Neil continue to tour, selling out concerts and wowing audiences everywhere. Theirs is a chemistry that will undoubtedly be thrilling music fans forever.
Over the past four decades, Rick Springfield has worn many hats as an entertainer and performer. The creator of some of the finest power-pop of the ’80s, a Grammy-winning singer, songwriter, and musician who has sold 25 million albums and scored 17 U.S. Top 40 hits, including “Jessie’s Girl,” “Don’t Talk to Strangers,” “An Affair of the Heart,” “I've Done Everything for You,” “Love Somebody,” and “Human Touch.” He’s an accomplished actor who has starred opposite Meryl Streep in the feature film "Ricki and the Flash," gave a chameleonic performance as the creepy Dr. Pitlor in HBO’s prestige drama "True Detective," earned great reviews for his portrayal of Lucifer this season on the CW hit, "Supernatural" and most recently played Pastor Charles on "American Horror Story." In 2014, Springfield was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, located around the corner from the first apartment he lived in when he first arrived in the U.S. from Australia in 1971. Rick’s latest Album “The Snake King” finds Rick traveling down a dusty dirt road to explore the blues side of his rock ‘n roll and marks a definite departure from the power pop he has been known for.
Tickets required for all patrons, including infants and toddlers. No re-entry permitted. Seats are provided in assigned seating section. Seats are not provided or permitted in Standing Room Only section.
· Tuesday - , On the Beach at 27th St. Family Beach Olympics are back by popular demand! Bring the whole family out for these fun-filled activities. All skill levels welcome! Activities include sand castle contests, tug-of-war, relay games and more. All activities are free! Parents are asked to stay with their children. For more information, call Denise Ortega at 410-250-0125. Tuesdays from June 26 to August 14 at 27th Street Beach from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
· Tuesday - Ocean City Beach Dance Party, On the Beach at the Caroline Street Stage. Let's Dance! Bring the family for a fun, free dance party every Tuesday from 8pm - 9:30pm during July and August on the beach at Caroline Street in Ocean City MD. Family friendly dance music will be played by local Ocean City DJs on the Caroline Street Stage, just off the Ocean City Boardwalk. Join in the crowd dancing on the beach! Bring your friends, beach chair and blanket and head to downtown Ocean City Maryland for good music and fun times.
o July 24: DJ BK (from 97.1 the Wave)
o August 7: DJ Batman (OC's Legendary DJ)
o August 14: DJ BK (from 97.1 the Wave)
o August 21: DJ Batman (OC's Legendary DJ)
o August 28: Bitsune (European DJ Duo)
For more information, please contact the Ocean City Recreation and Park Department at 410-250-0125 or the Ocean City Visitors Cener at 800-626-2326. Please consider using public transportation as parking is limited in the downtown area.
· Tuesday -Freeman Stage @ Bayside - An Evening with Straight No Chaser, 7:30pm, $30-$55. If the phrase “male a cappella group” conjures up an image of students in blue blazers, ties, and khakis singing traditional college songs on ivied campuses ... think again. Straight No Chaser (SNC) are neither strait-laced or straight-faced, but neither are they vaudeville-style kitsch. They have emerged as a phenomenon with a massive fanbase, numerous national TV appearances and proven success with CD releases. Straight No Chaser is the real deal, the captivating sound of nine unadulterated human voices coming together to make extraordinary music that is moving people in a fundamental sense — and with a sense of humor. On the road, Straight No Chaser has built a reputation as an unforgettable live act. This performance will offer limited Premium Assigned Seating tickets and General Admission tickets. Tickets are required for all patrons, including infants and toddlers.
· Close your eyes & rub a Kiwi fruit in one hand & a testicle in the other, it’s hard to tell the difference. It also gets you banned from Harris Teeter.
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.