Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez – Great Roost meeting June 14th when the 2018 Raven Roost #44 College Scholarships were presented by Scholarship Committee Chair Marc Grimes. All 7 winners were in attendance with their families. Congratulations Marc and all Committee members on another outstanding and successful tournament. The 7 scholarship recipients were outstanding students who were truly worthy of our almost $15,000 in scholarships.
At the Council of Roost Meeting in Catonsville, June 15th, it was announced that PSL owners should have received info on how to attend Raven training camp. As an annual Council charity request for all Roosts, the Board of Directors for Roost #44 submitted a request for a $500.00 donation to Diakonia from the Council.
Treasurer Sandy Taras and I will present a new annual budget for the Roost at the next Board of Directors meeting. Please be aware that next January, ALL Board of Directors and Officers of the Roost will be open. Please consider stepping up to be part of a new 2019 leadership team for Roost #44.
Looking forward to Shorebird game and Annual Picnic this summer.
Remember that your Roost Membership card entitles you to a 20% discount on food, beverage & apparel purchases at the Original Greene Turtle (116th St.). We encourage all Roost members and committees to patronize the Original Greene Turtle!
Remember that we collect plastic grocery bags at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (Local Food Bank & Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pickup truck is parked in front of OC 360 at every Roost meeting. Simply put your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck. This is a great way to recycle plastic bags for a good cause.
· Dates to Remember:
o July 12 – Monthly meeting @ OC 360, 7:30pm.
o July 14 – Summer Picnic @ White Horse Park. Details soon!
o July 19 – Shorebirds Game
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. I am still accepting dues. Susan White, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Road Trip: Bus Trip to Charlotte: No bus for Charlotte due to lack of interest. For those still wanting to go, call me and I will give you info on the hotel. I will need $100 per person for tickets to the game. I will order the tickets when I receive deposits from all who are going. I need the deposits NOW. My address is 38329 Maple Lane, Selbyville, DE 19975. My # is 410.627.7697 call or text, or email .
· Apparel: 20th Anniversary Gear in Stock! There a few 20th Anniversary T shirts, Hoodies and Long Sleeve Shirts available in three colors - Black, Purple and Gray. Call me at if you're interested. Thanks, Eric.
o Tentative Entertainment Schedule 2018
§ July 14 – Annual Picnic
§ July 19 – Shorebirds Game - Shorebirds Event Thursday evening 7/19/18: $28pp (includes 2 hr. buffet, table/chair seating, giveaway visor & $2 pint cans)
We now have 35 members and guests signed up + 2 others (bus drivers) that we pay only for food. All have paid except 2 which must be paid at the June meeting. That is the deadline date as the tickets will be ordered this Friday. The tickets will be distributed at the July meeting or possibly at the picnic if I have them in time. Any one not at either place and not going by the bus must make other arrangements by contacting me at 302-436-4790 or . Tickets can be picked up at the bus but will not be handed out at the game except for being left for them at the WILL CALL window. Have ID for that; everyone on the bus will be going directly inside when we get there.
There are 22 bus riders. The round trip cost will be $10pp. You can pay Ron cash only at the June or July Roost Meeting or at the bus before we leave at 5:30pm on game nite. The yellow school bus (with a/c) will be behind Montego Bay SC. Do not forget to bring your game tickets to the bus that nite !
§ September 29 – Crab Feast
§ November ? – Harrington Bus Trip
§ December 7 – Christmas Party
o Potential Activities Under Discussion
§ Bus Trip to Canton
§ Duckaneer Cruise
§ Pub Crawl Kent Island
§ Eastern Shore Ghost Bus Tour
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Now thru Labor Day - - Lasers, lights, video, music and special effects, The Beach at North Division Street. Returning to Ocean City this summer is the fun and exciting free event for the entire family, OC Beach Lights Spectacular!
Beach Lights will begin Memorial Day weekend and run nightly through Labor Day from 9pm to 11pm. Special 3-minute displays at 9:00pm, 9:20pm, 9:40pm, 10:00pm, 10:20pm, 10:40pm, and 11:00pm.
This lighting attraction features high-powered searchlights that accent the sky and surrounding area around N. Division Street and the Boardwalk. Searchlights move and sway, creating a dance of light to musical selections played through boardwalk speakers. The lights change into a variety of colors, bathing the surrounding beachscape and boardwalk in vibrant colors.
· Tonight – Freeman Stage @ Bayside - HEAL Documentary – 7:45pm. Director Kelly Noonan Gores' documentary takes us on a scientific and spiritual journey where we discover that our thoughts, beliefs, and emotions have a huge impact on our health and ability to heal. The latest science reveals that we are not victims of unchangeable genes, nor should we buy into a scary prognosis. The fact is we have more control over our health and life than we have been taught to believe. This film will empower you with a new understanding of the miraculous nature of the human body and the extraordinary healer within us all. "Heal" not only taps into the brilliant minds of leading scientists and spiritual teachers, but follows three people on actual high stakes healing journeys. Healing can be extremely complex and deeply personal, but it can also happen spontaneously in a moment. Through these inspiring and emotional stories we find out what works, what doesn't, and why. Join Jeffrey Fried, President and CEO of Beebe Healthcare, and other local healthcare professionals in their thought-provoking, opening remarks on wellness and the journey to better health. BYOC- Bring Your Own Chair.
· Tonight - - Carousel Resort Hotel and Condominiums. Enjoy free movies on the beach in Ocean City Maryland every Wednesday from June 6 to August 29 at the Carousel Hotel on 117th St. in Ocean City MD. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts at dusk. For more information, call 800-626-2326.
Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:
o June 20: Despicable Me 3
o June 27: Paddington 2
o July 11: Nut Job 2, Nutty By Nature
o July 18: CoCo
o July 25: The Lego Ninjango Movie
o August 1: Leap
o August 8: Justice League
o August 15: Cars 3
o August 22: Moana
o August 29: Wonder Woman
· Friday -Freeman Stage @ Bayside - Chris Janson – 7pm, tickets $40 - $55. With Special Guest CJ Solar! Warner Bros. Records/Warner Music Nashville country artist Chris Janson was born to entertain crowds. In 2015, his breakthrough No. 1 Platinum single “Buy Me A Boat” was the 7th best-selling country song of the year, although his professional music career began more than 10 years ago.
The “Fix A Drink” singer is known as much for his hit songwriting as his performances. Janson has penned multiple top-charting hits including “Truck Yeah” (Tim McGraw), “That's How I'll Always Be” (Tim McGraw) and “I Love This Life” (LoCash). The breakout star has been nominated for multiple awards and won several, including two 2016 BMI songwriter awards as well as Country Song of the Year at the iHeartRadio Music Awards. His latest album, "Everybody," which features the single "Drunk Girl," is out now. For more information, visit www.chrisjanson.com.
Tickets required for all patrons, including infants and toddlers. No re-entry permitted. This performance will feature standing room only in front of the stage and BYOC seating in the rear of the venue. Upgrade your experience to our limited VIP premium assigned seating on raised platforms to the left and right of the stage. We will also utilize a large LED screen during this performance as an enhanced viewing option for patrons.
· Saturday – Freeman Stage @ Bayside - Simply Diamond -7pm, $20. Brian La Blanc is a singer, songwriter, and musician from the New York/Connecticut area. He started his career working with Rupert Holmes, a famous writer, composer, lyricist, arranger and Tony award-winning playwright. He then went on to record an album with his brother in the early '80s, produced by renowned lead singer and organist, Felix Cavaliere. Their band name was "Fury." Brian's well-written songs landed him and his brother a record deal in 2005 on the Italian label, Frontiers. Band name is “Blanc Faces.” They are known throughout Europe. For the past nine years, following the advice of Paul Shaffer of The Late Show with David Letterman, Brian embarked on a new musical venture — a Neil Diamond tribute band, called “Simply Diamond.” He continues to tour around the country with his band, "Simply Diamond" and if he's not performing all Neil Diamond songs, you can catch him doing the voices of many other great artists such as Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffett, Johnny Cash, Tom Petty, John Lennon and many more, with his other band called, "One Stop Pony." To learn more, visit www.simplydiamondrocks.com. BYOC- Bring Your Own Chair. Children age 12 & under are granted free entry to this performance.
· Saturday & Sunday - OC Car & Truck Show, Ocean City Convention Center. The hottest vehicles in the NATION on display plus Top Celeb appearances TBA about 1 month out - The OC Car Show in June is the biggest and best event in Ocean City, Maryland.
One of the East Coast's largest automotive and culture events comes to Ocean City with the most amazing vehicles that grace the pages of your favorite automotive magazines. From tuners to exotics, from trick trucks to slammed SUV's, from crazy classics to super bikes, the OC Car Show has something for everyone. Combine that with top name companies with interactive displays, vendors with everything for your ride and Ocean City's biggest name performances live on the OC Car Show Stage, the event is great entertainment. For updates on artists and special guest appearances, visit www.occarshow.com. Tickets sold at the door. $20 Inside and Out. Under 12 and Over 65 $10. Under 7 Free. All Weekend Value Pass $30.
· Sunday - , Somerset Plaza between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. Enjoy viewing classic cars while listening to live music in Ocean City Maryland. OC Cruzers will display approximately 15 vehicles along Somerset Street Plaza. The owners of the vehicles will supervise and educate spectators about their older cars. Live music or DJ will be provided. Select Sundays 2:30pm to 6pm. For more information, call 410-289-7739 or visit . Music Schedule TBA.
Save the Dates:
· June 3, 17
· July 15
· Aug 12
· Sep 9, 23
· Sunday - - Northside Park. Sundaes in the Park is the ultimate free family event in Ocean City Maryland. Outdoor live music, children's activities, ice cream and fireworks provided every Sunday from 7pm - 9pm during the summer. Fireworks start at 9pm. What could be better?
Bring your picnic basket and beach chairs to Northside Park, located at 125th Street and the Bay for ice cream sundaes, live entertainment, children's activities and fireworks. All entertainment is free. Create your own ice cream sundae with delicious toppings for a small price. Listen to your musical favorites and watch the sunset over the beautiful Ocean City bay. For more information call 410-250-0125.
Summer 2018 Schedule - Save the Dates!
o June 17 - Kathie Martin & the Hot Rods (rock & roll)
o June 24 - Glass Onion Band (rock & roll dance)
o July 1 - OH BOY! (A tribute to Buddy Holly)
o July 8 - Kick it Out (Heart Tribute Show)
o July 15 - The Stickers (country rock)
o July 22 - Guys in Thin Ties (80's)
o July 29 - Mike Hines & The Look (high energy dance)
o August 5 - The Janitors (music for happy feel)
o August 12 - Front Page News (rock)
o August 19 - Jesse Garron's Tribute to Elvis
o August 26 - Ragdoll (Frankie Valli Tribute)
o September 2 - Triple Trail Turn (modern country)
· Monday & Friday - Free Movies on the Beach: The Beach on 27th Street. Enjoy free movies on the beach at 27th St. in Ocean City Maryland every Monday and Friday from June 25 to August 17. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m. For more information, call 410-250-0125.
Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:
o June 25: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
o June 29: The Storks
o July 2: Beauty and the Beast (2017)July 6: The Lion King
o July 9: Despicable Me 3
o July 13: The Incredibles
o July 16: Cars 3
o July 20: Wreck It Ralph
o July 23: The Emjoi Movie
o July 27: Paddington 2
o July 30: A Bug's Life
o August 3: Wall-E
o August 6: Wonder
o August 10: Big Hero 6
o August 13: Sherlock Gnomes
o August 17: CoCo
· Tuesday - Family Beach Olympics - Free Family Fun, On the Beach at 27th St. Family Beach Olympics are back by popular demand! Bring the whole family out for these fun-filled activities. All skill levels welcome! Activities include sand castle contests, tug-of-war, relay games and more. All activities are free! Parents are asked to stay with their children. For more information, call Denise Ortega at 410-250-0125. Tuesdays from June 26 to August 14 at 27th Street Beach from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
· Tuesday – Freeman Stage @ Bayside - Delaware All-State Theatre presents selections from Evita – 7pm, Free. Delaware All-State Theatre, a not-for-profit theatrical organization, will present selections from "Evita," the winner of seven Tony Awards, including Best Musical. Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice, "Evita" is based on the historical story of María Eva Duarte de Perón, a poor Argentinian girl who grows up to be the wife of the president of Argentina, worshipped by her people. This blockbuster musical, made even more famous as a 1996 Hollywood film starring Madonna and Antonio Banderas, shows both the righteous determination and the ruthless power, of Argentina’s 20th-century matriarch. BYOC- Bring Your Own Chair. Children age 12 & under must be accompanied by an adult.
· A tough looking group of hairy bikers are riding when they see a girl about to jump off a bridge, so they stop. The leader, a big burly man, gets off his bike and says, "What are you doing?"
"I'm going to commit suicide," she says.
While he doesn’t want to appear insensitive, he also doesn’t want to miss an opportunity, so he asks, "Well, before you jump, why don't you give me a kiss?" She does, and it is a long, deep, lingering kiss. After she's finished, the tough, hairy biker says, "Wow! That was the best kiss I’ve ever had! That's a real talent you’re wasting. You could be famous. Why are you committing suicide?"
"My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl…"
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.