Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez – The next Roost meeting will be Thursday December 14th at OC 360 at the top of the Fenwick Inn at 7:30. The 20th Anniversary "Scrapbook" will be available for those members who don't receive one at the Christmas Party on December 9th. Thanks again to Treasurer Sandy Taras for all her hard work in assembling the 20 year history of the Roost. We have some surprise photos from over the years in the Scrapbook too!
The Nominating Committee Chair Dennis Faber will announce the nominees for 2018 Officers and Board members at the meeting. The election for the 2018 Officers and Board of Directors will be held at the January 11th Roost Meeting. Thanks to Dennis and his Committee Joanne Faber and Rob Carpenter for volunteering for the Nomination Committee. We need more new members to volunteer for the offices and committees! Please think about getting involved!
Donations to the 2017 Canned Food Drive for Diakonia will be collected at the December 14th Roost Meeting. I will have my white Ford pick up truck parked in front of the Fenwick Inn with the bed of the truck open. Just drop your donations and plastic bags in the back of the truck.
The Council of Raven Roosts' donation of $500 to Roost #44 for Diakonia was presented to the Executive Director of Diakonia in November.
· Dates to Remember:
o Tonight – Ravens Rap @ the Original Greene Turtle. 6 - 8pm. Show your support for the Ravens and Ravens Roost 44! Door prizes galore.
o Tomorrow – Monthly meeting, 7:30pm, @ OC 360.
· Season Bus: Call Mike Grimes at 410.251.6821 for information.
· Ticket Exchange:
o For Sale: (3) seats. We would like to sell the PSL and can discuss the price if someone is interested in making an offer. The other options would be preferably to sell the whole season (at cost), but will consider selling by game if the tickets are available. Section 550, Row 21, Seats 9-11. Total amount = 2500.00 (833.00 each). We can be reach at, Craig at 410-977-4538 or Anita at 410-977-7760.
o We’d like to sell a set of either 2 or 4 tickets for the season. Section 532, row 10, seats 9-12 - $828 each for the season-face value. Call Don Vecchioni for more information at 443-909-6261 (cell).
o Single seat ticket for sale for each of the Ravens home games. $80 for each game ticket. Section 539, Row 10 Seat 5. Bus seat available for $40. Call Paul Neal 302-436-9017. Speak slowly if you leave a message. Thanks, Paul.
o Nick Costa 410-428-0131. Section 133 Row 33 seats 9 & 10. $140 each. He will sell tickets with or without PSL.
· OCRR44 Penguin Swim Team: As of right now, we have 11 people registered for the team; Cindi Brought, Rob Carpenter, John Worthington, Dennis & Joanne Faber, Bill Cordwell, Paul Neal, Lew Furman, and Maggie & Gary Miller. To date we have raised a little more than $6,000 toward the Team Goal of $14,000. If you would like to join the Team, or make a donation, go to www.aghpenguinswim.org.
The Team has a hospitality room located on the pool level at the Princess Royal Hotel. Come by to cheer us on and join us for lunch after the event at BJ’s on the Water.
· Elections: Nominations are now open for the vacant Roost leadership positions. At this time, we are looking for a new Vice President, and 2 Board members. It’s a good opportunity for both old and new members to get involved to help continue the good work of Roost 44. If you’re interested in serving in any of these positions, you can review the position descriptions in the bylaws on the website (www.ocravensroost44.com) or contact any of the Nominating Committee members listed below.
o Dennis Faber 410-600-0221 firstname.lastname@example.org
o Joanne Faber 410-600-0221 email@example.com
o Rob Carpenter 410-456-3990 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Apparel: We have some 20th Anniversary Apparel left if you missed out or would like to order more. Contact Eric Waterman - Eric_waterman@comcast.net or 410-598-4597.
• T Shirt 1 Large $6.00
• Long Sleeve Shirt 1 Small $8.25
• Zip Hoodie 1 XL $21.00
• T Shirt 1 XL $6.00
• T Shirt 1 XXX $10.50
• Zip Hoodie 1 XL $21.00
• T Shirt 1 L $6.00
• T Shirt 2 XL $6.00
• Long Sleeve Shirt 4 2X $8.25
• Zip Hoodie 1 2X $23.00
· Drag Queen Comedy Show. I am hosting as a way to raise money for Believe in Tomorrow. I am waiting on some pictures to create a flyer but the information is as follows: Saturday, January 13th from 7-11 at the Pit & Pub. Tickets will cost $25. The bar will be offering happy hour prices and a discounted menu, plus there will be some light hors d’oeuvres included in the ticket cost. I am limited to 100 people and I have an overwhelming response for people wanting tickets. I believe this will sell out fast, so I wanted to give you the information. Once I create the flyer I will forward it to you as well, but wanted you to know that I am beginning to sell the tickets now. Thank you, Maria.
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Tonight - Ravens Rap Show - The Original Greene Turtle. Ravens Rap Show Live - all you need to know about your hometown team! Join your hosts Mike Bradley of 92.7 FM with special guests Bruce Laird and Tony Lombardi from Russell Street Report for expert analysis, fun commentary and insider info.
The Ravens Rap Show is filmed LIVE every Wednesday night from 6-8pm at The Original Greene Turtle! Featuring 16 ounce Aluminum Bud Light Bottles during the show - $3.00.
· - , The Original Greene Turtle. Join us for the Original Greene Turtle Locals' Christmas Party featuring Half Price Appetizers, Karen's Famous Egg Nog, Carmel's Min Chocolate Brownies and for everyone donating a toy; our World Famous Dessert Buffet!
· One afternoon this guy drives down a highway to visit a nearby lake and relax. On his way to the lake, a guy dressed from head to toe in red standing on the side of the highway gestures for him to stop.
The guy rolls down the window and says, "How can I help you?"
"I am the red jerk of the highway. You got something to eat?" With a smile in his face, the guy hands a sandwich to the guy in red and drives away. Not even five minutes later, he comes across another guy. This guy is dressed fully in yellow, standing on the side and waving for him to stop.
A bit irritated, our guy stops, cranks down the window, and says, "What can I do for you?"
"I am the yellow jerk of the highway. You got something to drink?" Hardly managing to smile this time, he hands the guy a can of Coke and stomps on the pedal and takes off again. In order to make it to the lakeside before sunset, he decides to go faster and not stop no matter what.
To his frustration, he sees another guy on the side of the road, this one dressed in blue and signaling for him to stop. Reluctantly, our guy decides to stop one last time, rolls down his window, and yells, "Let me guess. You're the blue jerk of the highway, and just what do YOU want?"
"Driver's license and registration, please."
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.