Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY: The House Committee met to discuss ways to improve the flow and service at our monthly meetings. If you want to have dinner at OC 360 at our Roost meetings, please be advised that you need to order dinner in the bar or dining room BEFORE the meeting. We WON'T be taking food orders during our Roost meeting. Only drink orders. If you order dinner that is not ready by the time the meeting begins, your order will be brought in, but again, NO food orders will be taken during the meeting. OC 360 has generously offered to have modest snacks on the tables for us at the meeting. So, if you want to have dinner at OC 360, please come early enough to have dinner BEFORE the meeting.
Please think about stepping up to volunteer for Board and Officer positions and the Golf Scholarship Committee next year. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the responsibilities for any of these positions. or 410-598-4597.
The following positions are open next year:
ONE YEAR TERMS
President 2 One Year Terms Maximum
Vice President 2 One Year Terms Maximum
Recording Secretary 3 One Year Terms Maximum
Treasurer 5 One Year Terms Maximum
Sergeant of Arms 4 One Year Terms Maximum
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chairman 3 Year Term Maximum
Director 1 3 Year Term Maximum
Director 2 2 Year Term Maximum
Director 3 2 Year Term Maximum
Director 4 1 Year Term
Remember that your Roost Membership card entitles you to a 20% discount on food, beverage & apparel purchases at the Original Greene Turtle (116th St.). We encourage all Roost members and committees to patronize the Original Greene Turtle!
Remember that we collect plastic grocery bags at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (Local Food Bank & Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pickup truck is parked in front of OC 360 at every Roost meeting. Simply put your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck. This is a great way to recycle plastic bags for a good cause.
· Dates to Remember:
o 9/29 – Roost Crab Feast
o 10/12 -Harrington Trip
o 10/17 – Pizza Benefit
o 12/7 – Roost Christmas Party
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. We currently have 172 members. I am still accepting dues. Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Road Trip: Bus Trip to Charlotte: Tickets are in for Charlotte trip. Will bring to next meeting. Call if you want to pick them up at my house. Also if anyone wants to help with Ent Comm and you work, please let us know and we can change meetings to evenings. Don’t forget to bring in t-shirts for the quilt Martha is going to make us. Thanks, Ent Comm
· Apparel: 20th Anniversary Gear in Stock! There a few 20th Anniversary T shirts, Hoodies and Long Sleeve Shirts available in three colors - Black, Purple and Gray. Call me at if you're interested. Thanks, Eric.
· - Friday, October 12th - Monday, October 15th, 2018. Package for two includes: Friday and Saturday stay, Sunday is complimentary. Breakfast buffet in the Beach House restaurant on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Tailgate Party, Eastern Shore style, Saturday on the Coconuts patio. Rates starting at $325 for two guests.
· Vietnam Veterans of America Ocean City Chapter #1091 Sports Memorabilia Auction on October 7, 2018 12-5 pm at American Legion Post 166 24th St. and Philadelphia Ave. Great collection of collectible sports items including autographed photos, Justin Tucker football, NFL, MLB, NASCAR, Golf, etc. Lots of Ravens - Baltimore Colts-Orioles Sports collectibles donations appreciated. NFL game on big screen. Tailgate buffet and cash bar available. Great chance to Christmas shop. Proceeds to benefit our Veteran causes. Sports donations appreciated. Please contact June Kelly 302 236 2261 or Nelson 302 236 4171
· Ticket Exchange:
o 2 tickets and 2 bus seats for Sunday 9/22 against Denver, Seats are in Section 541, row 10, seats 11 & 12, tickets $80 each, bus seats $32 each. Contact Ken at 443-235-3437.
o I would like to sell the following games. Bucks vs Ravens December 16 and Browns vs Ravens December 30. There are two seats Section 101, Row 32 seats 20 and 21. Visitors side the sunny side. Asking for face value for the tickets. Must buy both. Please call Marius Ambrose at 302-947-4168.
o I have 2 tickets for sale for the Ravens vs Buccaneers game on Sun. 12/16 @ 1pm. Seats are in Sec. 103, Row 32, seats 10 & 11. Face value of $146/each. Let me know if you are interested. Gary Miller
o Matt Herrmann is selling a full season of Ravens tickets at face value $1300 for both seats with option to buy PSLs during the next transfer period. Section 519 Row 17 Seats 7+8.
o I have five (5) tickets Section 534 Row 23 Seats 17 thru 21 for the PANTHERS vs RAVENS away game on Sunday Oct. 28, 2018. Face Value $85.00 per ticket, will consider offer. If you are interested please call Fred Frankowski 410-250-8625 or 443-859-3467.
· Penguin Swim: AGH Website is up and the OC Ravens Roost #44 Penguin Swim Team page is ready to register those wanting to join the Team. Go to "" to register and donate. See Gary at the Aug. meeting for more info.
Fundraising Night at the new Fox's Pizza Den in West OC (in the new SC next to Home Depot and the new Michael's) on Wednesday Oct. 17th, 4pm to 7pm. 15% of your food bill will be donated to the OC RR44 Penguin Swim Team in support of AGH.
If you, or someone you know that was on the Booze Cruise last week, lost a stone out of a ring, please give me a call. The Boat crew found the stone and I have it. I was not aware that someone lost a stone until I got a call from the crew.
o Entertainment Committee Meeting October 9, 6pm @ the Original Green Turtle.
o Tentative Entertainment Schedule 2018
§ September 29, 12pm – 3pm – Crab Feast. All you can eat crabs, fried chicken, corn on the cob, hush puppies, soft drinks, and Miller Lite and Coors Light draft. $36pp, and that includes all taxes and gratuities. Marian will be accepting checks only, no cash, made payable to Ravens Roost #44. All checks need to be to Marian no later than Friday, September 21. No checks will be accepted after this date. Send checks to: Ravens Roost #44, PO Box 4161, Ocean City MD, 21843.
§ October 12 – Harrington Bus Trip
· Date: Friday, October 12th, 2018
· Bus company: Blondee’s Express
· First Pickup – 8:30am Montego Bay
· Second Pickup - 9:00 am Rose’s Parking (DE)
· Arrival: 10:00 am Harrington Casino
· Departure: 3:00 pm
· Cost: $20.00 per person
· Rewards: $15.00 free slot play and $7.00 towards lunch buffet
· To sign up please contact Mary Kendall Email: . Cellphone: 302-236-9617. Let me know if you have any questions. Mary
§ October 13 - NEW! Ghost Tour, Pocomoke City, 7pm. Cost $20. Anyone that wants to go can just meet in Pocomoke.
§ December 7 – Christmas Party. A signup sheet will be distributed for all members who think they will attend if they do not have a conflict that prevents it. We need a head count to start planning with the venue. Print out the attached selection sheet and get it back to Ron as soon as you can. .
o Potential Activities Under Discussion
§ Bus Trip to Canton
§ Duckaneer Cruise
§ Pub Crawl Kent Island
§ Eastern Shore Ghost Bus Tour
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Tonight - The Original Greene Turtle is very excited to be hosting our 18th Annual Ravens Rap Show! The show is taped every Wednesday from 6 - 8pm and will air each Sunday at noon on WGMD 92.7FM the Talk of Delmarva and on WMDT - TV47.
Each week we will be welcoming local sports authorities including: Mike Bradley our weekly host, Tony Lombardi from the Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, former Baltimore Colt Bruce Laird, John Gherig from ExploreOC, Bobby Vermillion from Resort Video Guide plus many more...
This year's sponsors will include: Toyota, GEICO, JC Tickets, Ocean City Golf Getaway, Ocean City Golf Club, Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, Explore OC, Holiday Inn Express, the Comfort Inn at the Gold Coast Mall, the Resort Video Guide and this year we are very excited to welcome MILLER LIGHT to the Ravens Roost family!!
Our drink specials will be $3.00 MILLER LIGHT BOTTLES and $2.50 MILLER LIGHT DRAFTS and of course Ravens Roost members receive 20% off of regular prices (not including drink specials or Happy Hour Prices)!!!
· Thursday thru Sunday - Sunfest Kite Festival - Bring the Family and Let Your Spirits Soar, On the Beach; 2nd Street to 6th Street. Bring the entire family and let your spirits soar! Enjoy four days filled with spectacular kite flying at the East Coasts best Kite Festival. Thousands of spectators travel to see master kite flyers from around the world showcase their aerial displays of art. Kite making workshops and Kite battles. This year, The Kite Loft welcomes Mike Van Meers as a returning co-coordinator. Mike will be holding improptu games with the opportunity to win great prizes. Let's paint the sky...Stroll along Ocean City's famous Boardwalk and witness hundreds of beautiful ground and high flying displays. Afterwards cast a vote for your favorite display during the festival's "People's Choice" award. Plan early...bring your family and join us! Contact: Jay Knerr, 410-289-7855 or visit www.kiteloft.com.
· Thursday thru Sunday - Sunfest Festival - Ocean City's Most Popular Festival, Inlet Parking Area. Sunfest is Ocean City's most popular festival and is rated #1 of the 100 Best Classic & Contemporary Craft Shows in the country by "Sunshine Artist Magazine - America's Premier Art & Craft Show Magazine"
Sunfest celebrates its 40th year as Ocean City's biggest and best festival. Popular entertainers highlight four days of fall fun with arts & crafts, big-top tents, food vendors & more. All entertainment is free with the exception of evening headline acts. Sunfest artists will delight your senses with their unique designs of fine art & distinctive crafts. Try the bold taste of the Eastern Shore with fabulous food from over 30 food vendors, featuring seafood, crab cakes, fried chicken, pit beef and more. Children's activities are available on Saturday & Sunday.
Located at the Inlet Parking Lot in Downtown Ocean City. Festival hours: Thursday - Saturday, 10am - 10pm and Sunday 10am - 6pm. For more information, call 800-626-2326.
1. Free parking is available at the West Ocean City Park & Ride. Park free & ride shuttle bus to Sunfest for $3.
2. Ride the Boardwalk Tram to the Inlet for $3 each way.
3. Express trolley shuttles will depart from the south lot of the Roland E. Powell Convention Center at 40th Street (free parking). Trolley shuttle fares: ride all day for $3 or $1 per boarding.
4. Free parking at the Public Safety Building on 65th St, Northside Park on 125th St or Municipal Lot on 100th St. Then ride the bus to Sunfest. Bus fares: ride all day for $3 or $1 per boarding.
· Friday, Saturday , & Sunday - Gem, Mineral and Jewelry Show - Classic and Contemporary Designs, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Observe talented artists and dealers as they present viewers with fine jewelry, fashion jewelry, sterling silver jewelry, wire-wrapped jewelry, beads, pearls, loose gemstones, minerals, crystals and fossils. For more information, contact Ellen White at 757-641-2124 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.treasuresoftheearth.com. Admission is $5, age 16 and under are free. Friday - Noon to 6pm, Saturday - 10am to 5pm, Sunday - 10am to 4pm.
· Sunday - , Somerset Plaza between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. Enjoy viewing classic cars while listening to live music in Ocean City Maryland. OC Cruzers will display approximately 15 vehicles along Somerset Street Plaza. The owners of the vehicles will supervise and educate spectators about their older cars. Live music or DJ will be provided. Select Sundays 2:30pm to 6pm. For more information, call 410-289-7739 or visit .
Save the Dates:
· Sept. 23
· A man is sitting at the bar, his head in his hands.
Bartender: What’s the matter buddy?
Man: It’s the worst thing ever. I caught my wife in bed with my best friend.
Bartender: Oh man that really sucks! What did you do?
Man: I told her to pack her shit and get the hell out!
Bartender: What about your best friend?
Man: I looked him straight in the eyes and said BAD DOG!
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.