Roost #44 Poop
· Dates to Remember:
· Tonight – Entertainment Committee meeting, Blue Ox, 6:30 pm.
· Friday – Water Conservation Society Meeting @
· Sunday, July 10 – Ravens Roost Annual Summer Picnic @ White Horse Pavilion in Ocean Pines from 1-6p.m. Roost #44 members are free, Adult guests $10 each, children under 12 $5.00. Menu: Premium burgers, hot dogs, sausage, jerk chicken, assorted salads and snacks, corn on the cob, watermelon, desserts and assorted beverages. Horseshoes. Music by Mr. OC. Sign up at the June Meeting or call Tom Maly at 302-541-0780 to get on the list.
· October 21 thru 25, 2011 – Trip to Jacksonville, FL to see the Ravens take on the Jaguars. Rooms have been reserved @ the Crown Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel. For more details contact Mike Grimes. For those of you who were not at the meeting and would like to go on trip please contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know how many rooms you will need. Please do not call the hotel before contacting Mike.
· Forthcoming Summer 2011: Boat Raft Ups – July 24, August 28.
Other events in the planning stages for Late Summer and the Fall are a Crab Feast, Oyster Roast, Bowling Party, Miniature Golf Tournament, Swim Party, Halloween Party, Bus Trip to Harrington/Atlantic City and our Holiday Party on Saturday, December 17th at the Cove.
· Look for Convention pics soon at the website (as soon as I can find time to do it—they have to be uploaded one at a time!). The further adventures of the plumber and the cheerleader are here.
· Good news notes and nuggets from Sarah Ellison’s Blog here.
· Tonight – Free Movie on the Beach, 118th St. on the Beach at Carousel Resort Hotel. View a free general audience movie with the beach as your theater on our 16 ft screen. Bring a blanket and enjoy the night beside the ocean. Tonight's Feature: "Megamind" – show time 8:30 pm, rain or shine.
· Tomorrow – Live @ the Freeman Stage @ Bayside – The Chesapeake Brass Band, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Formed in 1996, the Chesapeake Brass Band is comprised of amateur and professional musicians from New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware. The band performs a varied repertoire of contemporary and traditional brass band music. FREE for all.
· Friday – Live @ the Freeman Stage @ Bayside – Words and Music – Gershwin Favorites, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Clear Space Theatre does Gershwin! Through a series of six vignettes in the vein of the classic movie musical, four actors explore the beautiful song catalog of George Gershwin. Including favorites such as “Embraceable You,” “Nice Work If You Can Get It,” and “Someone to Watch Over Me.” $10 per person. Kids 18 and under are free.
· Friday – Free Movie on the Beach, 27th St. on the Beach. View a free general audience movie with the beach as your theater on our 16 ft screen. Bring a blanket and enjoy the night beside the ocean. Tonight's Feature: "Yogi Bear" – show time 8:30 pm, weather permitting.
· Saturday – Live @ the Freeman Stage @ Bayside – The Dirty Sock Funtime Band, 10:00 am – 11:00 am. Voted the BEST KIDS BAND by the readers of TIME OUT NY KIDS, they’re “infectious”, they’re “irresistible,” they’re the DIRTY SOCK FUNTIME BAND, the highest energy kids’ rock band ever to break out of NYC!!! FREE for all.
· Saturday – Live @ the Freeman Stage @ Bayside – The Delaware Symphony Orchestra: Where Stars Align, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm. The Grammy-nominated Delaware Symphony Orchestra is Delaware's only fully-professional orchestra. Under the artistic leadership of Music Director David Amado, the DSO performs to over 50,000 adults and 10,000 children annually. $10 per person. Kids 18 and under are free.
· Monday – July 4th Downtown Celebration - Fireworks & Concert @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm. Free concert begins at 8:00 pm, followed by fabulous fireworks at 9:30 pm. Bring a chair or blanket and enjoy the evening beside the ocean on the beach at the inlet in downtown Ocean City. For information: 1-800-626-2326 or 410-250-0125.
· Monday – July 4th Uptown Celebration - Fireworks & Concert @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm. Free concert begins at 8:00 pm, followed by fabulous fireworks at 9:30 pm. Bring a chair or blanket and enjoy the evening at Northside Park on 125th St. For information: 1-800-626-2326 or 410-250-0125.
· Tuesday – Family Beach Olympics. Enjoy fun on the beach! Each Tuesday evening features a variety of contests for all ages. Events may include sand castle contests, tug-of-war, relays and more. All activities are free and are offered from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. For more information, call 1-800-626-2326.
· What’s the difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer?
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Be sure to visit our website @ www.ravensroost44.com or our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.