Roost #44 Poop
· Dates to Remember:
· Tomorrow – Ravens @ Falcons, 7:30 pm.
· Friday – Water Conservation Society Meeting @
· Sunday – Raft up #3. From Gary: “The weather is questionable for Sunday, but it may be ok for a raft up. Unfortunately, my back issues have flared up and I will not be able to be out on a boat this weekend. The rest of you can certainly go ahead with a raft up if there are enough of you to get together. It looks like there will not be another opportunity this year to try again because of the football schedule, so I would leave it up to the rest of you to decide about rafting up on Sunday. Hopefully next year we will have better luck with the weather.”
· Wednesday, September 7 – Ravens Rap returns! From Eileen Abeel: “The Ravens Rap show is now being taped by Comcast Spotlight. It will air on Beach TV on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays 2x a day. It is still being taped, at the same time, for radio for airing on WZBH, airing Pre - "Pre-Game" NFL GameDay Sundays. The TV show is just 1 hour, whereas the radio is still 1 1/2 hours. The show is being taped on Wednesdays 7:00 - 8:30 pm, starting September 7th, prior to 1st regular season game against Steelers, at The Blue Ox Bar & Grill 127th St. & Coastal Hwy. We will actually be starting the show about 7:15pm, because of the time constraints with Mike Bradley. It looks like we will be getting Bruce Laird probably for every show, instead of every other. There may be a few he can't make. John Gehrig & Tony Lombardi will be part of the show again, as well. The show will have specific timed breaks & subject matters, just to make it easier on editing the shows for television.”
· Saturday, September 10 – RR #44 WCS Pub Crawl. Leave The Blue Ox @ 12 noon aboard the OC Bus ($3 all day-cheap!). 1st stop is the oldest bar in Ocean City, The Harbor Inn (est. 1935. Kelly was there for the first drink!), Somerset St. Bayside. 2nd stop will be the 2nd oldest bar in OC, The Bar (on the boardwalk). 3rd stop The Cork Bar, Wicomico St. Oceanside. 4th stop at The Purple Moose, and the 5th stop TBD. Then, back on the bus to our last stop, The Blue Ox for a Ravens Pep Rally. Wear comfy shoes and bring cash because some places (Harbor Inn) don’t accept plastic. WEAR YOUR COLORS!
· September 15 – Get Ready to Bring Some Money Home! HARRINGTON BUS TRIP is on Thursday, September 15th, 2011. Cost is $20.OO per person which includes $15.00 free play, a lunch buffet, and your bus seat. The 48 passenger Bus departs Montego Bay (130th street) at 8:30 am with a second stop at the Millsboro’s Roses Store on Route 113. Bus departs Harrington at 4pm. Guests are welcome. To sign up, Call Paul and Trish at H# 302-436-9017. You will need to give Paul and Trish either your Harrington Player Card Number or your Birthday Date. Mail a check immediately after you sign up to 36977 Laws Points Rd, Selbyville, DE 19975. Check is made out to Raven Roost #44. Call and Sign up early! You can pay at the September meeting. Spread the word for those who don’t have a computer.
· October 21 thru 25, 2011 – Trip to Jacksonville, FL to see the Ravens take on the Jaguars. Rooms have been reserved @ the Crown Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel. Mike received an email from Karen Howe, the sales manager of the Crown Plaza in Jacksonville, stating that the rate for the weekend of the road trip is now $149 a night for any new group bookings. At the moment they will still honor our $99 a night rate if the reservation is booked under our block of rooms. You must contact Mike first in order to make your reservation. Mike will then notify Karen so you can make your reservation.
The package, excluding the hotel and travel expenses, will also include a 3-hour tailgate party, the water taxi ride to the tailgate party (you will have to pay for the ride back), a tee shirt and a koozie. The total cost will be between $125 and $140 a person depending on the seats Mike purchases from the Jaguars. If you do not want the package then you will have to purchase your own game day tickets. Unlike years past this will not be an al la carte trip.
· Saturday, November 5 – Post Halloween Costume Party, 7-11 p.m. at the Blue Ox. Menu: Chicken tenders, ham, turkey and pastrami wraps, steamed shrimp, meatballs, buffalo chicken dip with nacho chips, cheese and veggie tray, onion rings, brownies, cookies and soda (Beer and drinks at happy hour prices). Prizes for the best costumes: male, female and couple. Cost is $20 per person. Contact Marie Gerst at 302-436-1767 or sign up at the September meeting (We need a minimum of 30 people to have the event).
· December 17, 2011 – Ravens Roost Christmas Party @ the Cove. Details to follow.
· Jack Sipes has his bus seat for sale for the opening game against the Steelers. Contact Jack @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Good news notes and nuggets from Sarah Ellison’s Blog here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go James Walker’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· Tomorrow – At the Freeman Stage @ Bayside – First State Ballet & Opera Delaware, 7:00pm - 9:00pm. Come out for an enchanting evening with some of the best performing arts that the State of Delaware offers...the First State Ballet & Opera Delaware! FREE for all.
· Friday – At the Freeman Stage @ Bayside – A Doo-Wop Celebration, 7:00pm - 9:00pm. With superlative vocals and musicianship, dynamic enthusiasm and a genuine love of the music they perform, The Bronx Wanderers recreate the magic of the 50’s and 60’s music. $10 per person. Kids 18 and under are free.
· Friday thru Sunday – Labor Day Weekend Art & Craft Festival, Convention Center, 40th St. & Bay. A tasteful mix of mediums including original oil & watercolors, woodworking & furniture, stained glass, glass art, oils, scents, candles, pottery and ceramics. Unique items for gifts and household. Located at the Convention Center on 40th Street. Hours: Friday - Sunday, 10am - 5pm. For more information, contact email@example.com.
· Saturday – At the Freeman Stage @ Bayside – Summer Season Finale & Fireworks, 10:00am - 11:00am. 7:00pm - 9:00pm. Join us for a special performance to celebrate Labor Day weekend and another successful summer season at The Freeman Stage. Returning to the Stage will be the Mid-Atlantic Symphony Orchestra, along with special guests, the Morgan State University Choir! After the show, we will end the night with a fireworks spectacular! What a way to wrap up the season! FREE for all.
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Be sure to visit our website @ www.ravensroost44.com or our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.
· Have a safe happy and safe Labor Day Weekend.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory