- Dates to Remember:
- Tonight - Ravens Rap Show, 7pm. This is the 10th season of Ravens Rap, and through all of the changes over the years, the one constant has been Ravens Roost #44. Let’s make the 10th season the best ever! From Eileen: Yes, we are having a Ravens Jersey giveaway every show. Except last week, it was missed. So Steve will be giving away an extra one if not this week in the next couple shows. Reschedule Reminders: Because of Thanksgiving, we'll film on Tuesday, Nov. 20th not Wed, the 21st. And instead of just 1 set of tickets to a game some distance away, this year we've made a sponsorship deal with JCTickets.net about giving us a few home game sets plus a close trip!!! So we're HAPPY to say we have to giveaway a set to the Raiders game Nov. 11th and a set to the Broncos game, Dec. 16th!! We'll have 1 more set for a home game, as yet to be announced. PLUS Big GAME this year w/ bus trip & couple other perks will be the Game in DC against the Redskins, Dec. 9th!! Bruce Laird will be doing a few special guest appearances and hope to give you those dates soon. We're happy to say John Corsi, owner of JCTickets.net will be coming to show! It'll be great to have Billy Carder of BJ's back, who told Steve he'd be happy to come for his 1st visit since we went to TV! Others will be announced soon! Specifics on your chances of winning tickets giveaways will be made clear at this week's show. Thanks, Eileen.
- RAVENS RAP Show 2011 - 2012
Be Part of the Taping in the RAVENS Room of The Blue Ox, 127th St.,
Every Wednesday, starts @ 7pm
1 HOUR television show divided into Four (4) - 15 minute segments
- Show is on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays
- Schedule on BTV (Beach Television) is as follows:
- Segment A
- Segment B
- Segment C
- Segment D
- Friday, – Water Conservation Group Meeting @ …
- Tuesday, November 13 - HARRINGTON BUS TRIP is on Tuesday November 13th, 2012. Cost is $20.OO per person which includes $15.00 free play, a lunch buffet, and your bus seat. The 49 passenger bus departs Montego Bay (130th street, Bayside) at 8:30 am with a second stop at the Millsboro’s Roses Store on Route 113. Bus departs Harrington at 3pm. Guests are welcome. To Sign Up, Call Paul and Trish at H# 302-436-9017. You will need to give Paul or Trish either your Harrington Player Card Number or your Birthday Date. Mail a check immediately after you sign up to 36977 Laws Points Rd, Selbyville, DE 19975. Check is made out to Raven Roost #44. You can also sign up and pay at the October meeting. We expect a waiting list. So Sign Up early and spread the word for those folks without a computer.
- Saturday, December 15 – Ravens Roost #44 Christmas Party, 7-11 p.m., Cove Bayside.
- Cost: $25 per member and $30 per guest which includes: Veggie/cheese/cracker display, bread/butter, autumn salad with cranberries, apples and crumbled bleu cheese, topped with homemade vinaigrette
- 2 Choices of entrees: Dijon mustard and herb crusted roast pork loin (the new white meat) with fig and cranberry demi-glaze, served with roasted red potatoes and chef's choice of vegetables.
- Grilled queen cut prime rib and single crab cake, served with roasted red potatoes and chef's choice of vegetable
- Cheesecake for dessert, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages and gratuity. There will be a cash bar available for mixed drinks at happy hour prices. Music will be provided by our DJ, Frank Berterman
- A Chinese raffle will be held to benefit Atlantic General Hospital. Cut off date for all monies is December 5th when the final count has to be submitted. Sign up sheets will be available at the Roost meeting on November 8th or you can contact Tom Maly at 302-541-0780 firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks for this event can be mailed to Tom at 16 Avondale Drive, Ocean View, DE 19970
- Tuesday, January 1 - It is time to form the RR44 Penguin Swim Team once again! The AGH web site is up and Gary has set up the RR44 team page. Just go to "join a team" and click on RR44 to get registered.
- Saturday, April 13, 2013 – Ravens Roost #44 Dance. Details soon.
- Roost Apparel: The Roost #44 Jerseys are in! Maggie will have them at the November meeting. Please bring a check made out to Ravens Roost #44 in the amount of $35.00/jersey. Maggie will also be at the Ox for the away Ravens games and you can pick them up then. If you ordered one and wont be at any of these events, please make arrangements to pick it up and pay for it by calling Maggie 410-208-2756 or email her email@example.com to arrange to pick them up at her home.
There are about 12 extra ones to be sold on a first come first served basis in sizes Adult L, XL, 2XL. They make great Christmas gifts for that Ravenmaniac in your life! Reserve yours now!
If you can't recall if you ordered one, here is the list of who did and who still needs to pick these up and pay for them.....(remember the Roost has already paid for these):
- Arminger (2)
- Betkey (2)
- Brought (2)
- Hoffman (2)
- Miller (2)
- Nieminski (2)
- Schroding (2)
- Wiherle (2)
Sweatshirts! If you are interested in either a pullover hoodie sweatshirt ($20) or hoodie zippered sweatshirt jacket ($25) with the Raven/Ox/Turtle design, let Maggie know asap. Order for these (and the t-shirts you already ordered) will go in November 9 immediately after the next meeting. Don't miss out as these are really cute and also great Christmas gifts ! Both in Ash (grey) or black (sorry no purple). Email Maggie if you haven't already ordered one to get on the list.
Golf shirts! Maggie will have samples of ladies and men's purple golf shirts at the next meeting. These are $35 each and you will need to pay for these upon order. There will be an embroidered Ravens Roost insignia on the left chest. And yes, this is another great Christmas gift idea.
- The Ravens hopefully have righted their ship during the past week’s bye as they travel to Cleveland Sunday to take on the Browns, 1 pm.
- Good news notes and nuggets from Sarah Ellison’s Blog here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
- Looking for an Orioles Blog? Go to Britt’s Bird Watch for the latest Orioles news!
- Saturday & Sunday - 16th Annual Christmas Craft Expo, Convention Center, 40th St. & Bay. Find a unique holiday gift for a special person, or something for your own home. Admission includes Fine Art Show. Sat., 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Sun., 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. Donald A. Hastings 410-524-9177. firstname.lastname@example.org. www.donaldsduckshoppe.com.
- Saturday & Sunday - Fallfest of Fine Arts, Convention Center, 40th St. & Bay. Two shows under one roof offers fine artists & outstanding crafts persons exhibiting their creative talents. Admission. Also includes admission to the 16th Annual Christmas Craft Expo. Sat., 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Sun., 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. Donald A. Hastings 410-524-9177. email@example.com. www.donaldsduckshoppe.com.
- A man took his old duck to the Doctor, concerned because the duck wouldn't eat.
The Doctor explained to the man that as ducks age their upper bills grow down over their lower bills and make it difficult for the animal to pick up it's food.
"What you need to do is gently file the upper bill down even with the lower bill. But you must be extra careful because the duck's nostrils are located in the upper bill and if you file down too far, when the duck takes a drink of water it'll drown."
The man goes about his business and about a week later the Doctor runs into his patient.
"Well, how is that duck of yours?" the Doctor inquires.
"He's dead." declared the heartbroken man.
"I told you not to file his upper bill down too far! He took a drink of water and drowned didn't he?" insisted the Doctor.
"No." lamented the man. "I think he was dead before I took him out of the vise."
- I met an older woman at a bar last night.
She wasn't bad for 57, we drank and bullshitted a bit, then she asked if I 'd ever had a mother and daughter threesome?
I said no.
We drank a bit more, then she says that tonight was my lucky night.
I went back to her place.
She put the hall light on and shouted upstairs:
"Mom you still awake?"
- After a night on the town, a young woman brought a new friend home for a late-night drink. "You can't make any noise," she warned him. "My parents are upstairs and if they find out they'll kill us."
Things started getting heated on the sofa, but after a while alcohol got the better of the man. "I have to go," he said.
"Well you can't go upstairs. The bathroom is right next to my parents' bedroom," she replied. "Use the kitchen sink."
So he dutifully retired to the kitchen. A few minutes later, he popped his head around the door and asked, "Do you have any toilet paper, or should I just use a paper towel?"
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Be sure to visit our website @ www.ravensroost44.com or our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
- Happy Halloween! If you’re around our area stop by our Beach Party and have some of my own Zippy Creek Water.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory