Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Monday, April 29, 2013
2013 SPRINGFEST ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE
Thursday, May 2nd
10:00 a.m. Opening Ceremony - Outdoor
10:30 a.m. Rick K & the Allnighters - Indoor
11:30 a.m. Frankie & the Pack - Outdoor
12:30 p.m. The Recreation Dancers - Indoor
1:30 p.m. The Christopher Dean Band - Outdoor
2:30 p.m. Wil Gravatt - Indoor
3:30 p.m. Rick K & The Allnighters - Outdoor
4:30 p.m. Frankie & the Pack - Indoor
5:30 p.m. Wil Gravatt - Outdoor
7:00 p.m. Beatlemania Again - Indoor
Tickets are $5 & $10
8:30 p.m. 3rd Annual Local Band Jam FREE SHOW - Outdoor
Friday, May 3rd
10:00 a.m. Rick K & The Allnighters - Indoor
11:00 a.m. Bob Lougheed & The Mystery Train Band - Outdoor
12:00 p.m. 21 Horses Band - Indoor
1:00 p.m. The Patty Reese Band - Outdoor
2:00 p.m. Bob Lougheed & The Mystery Train Band - Indoor
3:00 p.m. Rick K & The Allnighters - Outdoor
4:00 p.m. The Patty Reese Band - Indoor
5:00 p.m. Front Page News - Outdoor
6:30 p.m. 21 Horses Band - Outdoor
*8:00 p.m. Country Star Justin Moore - Indoor
Tickets are $25 - $45
Saturday, May 4th
10:00 a.m. Rick K & The Allnighters - Indoor
11:00 a.m. 9 Mile Roots - Outdoor
12:00 p.m. J.R. Booker - Indoor
1:00 p.m. Randy Lee Ashcraft & The Saltwater Cowboys - Outdoor
2:00 p.m. Sir Rod- Indoor
3:00 p.m. 9 Mile Roots - Outdoor
4:00 p.m. Randy Lee Ashcraft & The Saltwater Cowboys - Indoor
5:30 p.m. The Reagan Years - Outdoor
*8:00 p.m. Rock Legends, Foreigner - Indoor
Tickets are $27 - $59
Sunday, May 5th
10:00 a.m. Big Cam & The Lifters - Outdoor
11:30 a.m. J.R. Booker - Indoor
12:30 p.m. Anything Goes - Outdoor
1:30 p.m. Recreation Dancers - Indoor
2:30 p.m. Oh Boy! A Tribute to Buddy Holly- Outdoor
3:30 p.m. Power Play Band - Indoor
4:30 p.m. 2U: A Tribute to U2 – FREE SHOW- Outdoor
Times and entertainment are subject to change without notice.
*These concerts require the purchase of reserved seat tickets.
Ticketmaster 1-800-551-SEAT / Baltimore Area 410-481-SEAT
|ROUND 1 - 32ND OVERALL - MATT ELAM - S, FLORIDA|
|ROUND 3 - 94th OVERALL - BRANDON WILLIAMS - DT, MISSOURI SOUTHERN ST.|
|ROUND 4 - 129TH OVERALL - JOHN SIMON - DE/LB, OHIO ST.|
|ROUND 4 - 130TH OVERALL (COMPENSATORY) - KYLE JUSZCZYK - FB/TE, HARVARD|
|ROUND 5 - 168TH OVERALL (COMPENSATORY) - RICKY WAGNER - G/T, WISCONSIN|
|ROUND 6 - 200TH OVERALL - KAPRON LEWIS-MOORE - DE, NOTRE DAME|
|ROUND 6 - 203TH OVERALL (COMPENSATORY) - RYAN JENSEN - C, CSU-PUEBLO|
|Ravens Select Ryan Jensen, To Compete At Center
Inforgraphic: Ryan Jensen
|ROUND 7 - 238TH OVERALL - AARON MELLETTE - WR, ELON|
|ROUND 7 - 247TH OVERALL (COMPENSATORY) - MARC ANTHONY - CB, CALIFORNIA|
Friday, April 26, 2013
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Owning up: Bisciotti puts his faith in Ozzie
April 24, 2013, 1:30 pm
April 24, 2013, 1:30 pm
As the Ravens huddled in their war room during the first round of the 2002 NFL Draft, the two players atop of the board as they prepared to pick at No. 24 were cornerback Lito Sheppard and a safety.
The safety was rated slightly higher by general manager Ozzie Newsome and his staff.
Wait a minute, minority owner Steve Bisciotti basically said. If both of these guys have roughly the same grade, don't we want the cornerback? Isn't that the more important position?
Newsome told Bisciotti he was going to stay true to his board. Instead of taking Sheppard -- Bisciotti's choice -- Newsome selected the safety -- Ed Reed.
Sheppard -- taken two picks later by the Eagles -- had a solid 10-year career. Reed, though, developed into perhaps the greatest safety of all time.
"I kind of learned from that point on that I better not engage too much and try and alter their decision-making,” Bisciotti said earlier this year.
In the days and weeks leading up to the annual NFL Draft -- which this year begins on Thursday with the first round -- Bisciotti, now the team's majority owner, will have his input. He will review film of prospects. He will meet prospects. He will ask questions of Newsome, assistant general manager Eric DeCosta and the personnel staff.
"I love being closer to the decision than all the fans and all the reporters, because I get to hear these guys out and see what they like," Bisciotti said at the team's season-ending news conference. Bisciotti added with a laugh that leading up to the draft, "Eric and I are on the phone all the time, because (Newsome) stops taking my calls."
Bisciotti also gets a front-row seat in the war room -- after all, ownership has its privileges. But when the Ravens are on the clock, it's clear that Bisciotti abides by the mantra of so many Ravens fans: In Ozzie we trust.
DeCosta said that Bisciotti, who amassed his fortune by starting and growing a personnel and staffing firm, has "great instincts in reading people. He's helped us tremendously in terms of interviewing players, which is what he does -- questions to ask, how to ask the questions, what qualities he thinks are important in people in general.
"He loves the draft," DeCosta added. "I think he's fascinated by the process. Personally, he's given me so much great feedback on different things. Some of the things we do now are because of an idea that maybe Steve planted. So he's been a big help. He's competitive, he reads everything, and he has a passion for it which makes it fun for us."
Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Friday – Water Conservation Group Meeting @ Harpoon Hanna's Tiki Bar Opening Party.
- Sunday June 9 – from 3 to 5p.m. for a Fun Afternoon of Wine Tasting. This event is at, and hosted by Costa Ventosa vineyard and winery, in Whaleyville, Md. (www.costaventosa.com). A portion of the cost for this event will go to the RR44 Penguin Swim Team in support of Atlantic General Hospital. $15/pp includes a taste of 9 different wines, a souvenir wine glass, light snacks & horderves. Bottles, cases or individual glasses of wine will be available for purchase. For more info and tickets, contact Gary Miller @ 443-618-9972 or Bill Cordwell @ 443-669-4129.
- Sunday, July 7 – Ravens Roost #44 Annual Summer Picnic at White Horse Park, 1-6 p.m. Cost is as follows: members $10, guests 21 and over $15, guests 20 and below $10. All adults who attend the picnic will be given a ticket for entrance into a 50-50 raffle which will be drawn at the picnic. The picnic includes food (chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, salads etc.) as well as beer, soda and bottled water. There will also be games played such as horseshoes and any other games folks come up with. Also featured will be "Mister OC" playing tunes and flipping burgers! This event is rain or shine as the community center at White Horse Park has also been secured in case of bad weather. Anyone wishing to attend, please email Bill Cordwell at email@example.com or call 443-669-4129. A sign up sheet will also be available at the May and June meetings. All wishing to attend must be signed up and paid by July 1, 2013, so we have an accurate count for food and drinks. Checks can be mailed to me @ 558 Ocean Pkwy, Ocean Pines, MD 21811.
4 – 7 – The Ravens Roost #44 road trip will be the
Ravens/Dolphins game being played on Sunday, October 6th
1pm. We will be staying at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach.
This is the same hotel we stayed at in 2008. The rooms are
$149/night, plus 11% room tax, for the intercoastal view rooms. If
you want an oceanview room they are $169/night plus the room tax.
Once I get the contract from the hotel I will notify you so you can
call in and make your reservations with your credit card. I
currently have 50 rooms reserved. Do
not call the hotel to make your reservations until you are notified
The cost of the game-day ticket (we will be sitting in the lower
section in the endzone), the bus transportation to the stadium and
a commemorative tee shirt and koozie will be $150.00. I
will need this entire amount no later than May 3rd.
This is non-refundable due to the fact the tickets will be
purchased on May 3rd. Please make your check out to Ravens Roost
#44 and either mail it to me or drop it off at my residence.
You are to provide your own transportation to Fort Lauderdale. If you are flying out of Baltimore you might check both Southwest and Air Tran airlines. Both offer non-stop flights from BWI to the Fort Lauderdale airport-which is less than 10 miles from the hotel. Southwest also have flights out of Philly. Thanks, Mike Grimes.
December 6 – Ravens
Roost #44 Christmas Party@
the Cove Restaurant @ Bayside. More details soon.
- Dues due: Dues ($30 per member) were to be paid by the February meeting. Current unpaid members: Nancy Armiger, Nick Armiger, Joan Bartels, Wil Bartels, John Braun, Heather Dennis, Les Dennis, Gary Deutsch, Eileen Deutsch, Donald Dorsey, Linda Dorsey, Ron Ferger, John Feurstein, Matthew Harbaugh, Bob Kanski, Marian Kanski, Colby Kauffman, Peggy Lewis, Gene Marshall, Charlotte Martin, Kathy McCauley, Dan Moran, Shirley Moran, Joe Prematta, June Prematta, Les Purcell, Bill Regan, Bob Sawyer, Toni Sawyer, Paul Schaffer, Karen Schaffer, Hank Schroding, Henry Schroding, Carol Smith, Mark Smith, Linda Stine, Ray Taranto, Mike Ward, Rob Ward, Tom Weiss, Kelly Wilhelm, Jami Winterling, Leo Winterling, Jim Wolf, Vivian Wolf, Susan Wollenweber.This is the list of unpaid members that my records show. If your name is on this list in error, please contact me. If you sponsored any of the unpaid members, please contact them to remind them that their dues are payable. If you are not planning to renew your membership this year, please let me know that as well, so you can leave as a member in good standing. Thanks. Jo Ann.
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- The NFL Draft begins Thursday with Round 1, 8 pm. I have a feeling we'll watch all night only to hear Ozzie trade back. But you never know.
- Q: What do you call a bunch of tractors parked in front of a McDonald's on Friday night in Snow Hill?A: Prom.
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory
Friday, April 19, 2013
|Thurs, Aug. 8||at Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Raymond James Stadium||7:30pm||WBAL-TV|
|Thurs, Aug. 15||vs. Atlanta Falcons||M&T Bank Stadium||7:30pm||WBAL-TV|
|Thurs, Aug. 22||vs. Carolina Panthers||M&T Bank Stadium||8:00pm||ESPN|
|Thurs, Aug. 29||at St. Louis Rams||Edward Jones Dome||8:00pm||WBAL-TV|
2013 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE
|Thurs, Sept. 5||at Denver Broncos||Sports Authority Field at Mile High||8:30pm||WBAL-TV|
|Sun, Sept. 15||vs. Cleveland Browns||M&T Bank Stadium||1:00pm||WJZ-TV|
|Sun, Sept. 22||vs. Houston Texans||M&T Bank Stadium||1:00pm||WJZ-TV|
|Sun, Sept. 29||at Buffalo Bills||Ralph Wilson Stadium||1:00pm||WJZ-TV|
|Sun, Oct. 6||at Miami Dolphins||Sun Life Stadium||1:00pm||WJZ-TV|
|Sun, Oct. 13||vs. Green Bay Packers||M&T Bank Stadium||1:00pm||WBFF-TV|
|Sun, Oct. 20||at Pittsburgh Steelers||Heinz Field||4:25pm||WJZ-TV|
|Sun, Oct. 27||BYE|
|Sun, Nov. 3||at Cleveland Browns||FirstEnergy Stadium||4:25pm||WJZ-TV|
|Sun, Nov. 10||vs. Cincinnati Bengals||M&T Bank Stadium||1:00pm||WJZ-TV|
|Sun, Nov. 17||at Chicago Bears||Soldier Field||1:00pm*||WJZ-TV|
|Sun, Nov. 24||vs. New York Jets||M&T Bank Stadium||1:00pm*||WJZ-TV|
|Thurs, Nov. 28||vs. Pittsburgh Steelers||M&T Bank Stadium||8:30pm||WBAL-TV|
|Sun, Dec. 8||vs. Minnesota Vikings||M&T Bank Stadium||1:00pm*||WBFF-TV|
|Mon, Dec. 16||at Detroit Lions||Ford Field||8:40pm||ESPN|
|Sun, Dec. 22||vs. New England Patriots||M&T Bank Stadium||8:30pm*||WJZ-TV|
|Sun, Dec. 29||at Cincinnati Bengals||Paul Brown Stadium||1:00pm*||WJZ-TV|