Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Tonight - Wednesday, August 28 - FIRST SHOW for Ravens Rap this year will be Wed. Aug 28th because of the Labor Day holiday & needing time to get it on before Thursday game. We right now will be skipping the Wed. before the bye week and the Wed. before Thanksgiving show & the Dec. 29th Show. Please start spreading the news & let us know of any questions or problems. Here's to a Great Season! Thanks, Eileen.
- Friday – Water Conservation Group Meeting @ …
- Tuesday, September 24 - HARRINGTON BUS TRIP. Seats are filling quickly. Cost is $20.00 per person which includes $10.00 free play, a lunch buffet, and your bus seat. The 55 passenger Bus departs Montego Bay (130th street) at 8:30 am with a second stop at the Millsboro’s Roses Store on Route 113. Bus departs Harrington at 3pm. Guests are welcome. To sign up, Call Paul and Trish at H# 302-436-9017. You will need to give Paul and Trish either your Harrington Player Card Number or your Birthday Date. We also need a phone # at which we can contact you. Mail a check immediately after you sign up to 36977 Laws Points Rd, Selbyville, DE 19975. Check is made out to Raven Roost #44. Call and Sign up early! You can also pay at the August or September meeting. Spread the word for those who don’t have a computer.
- October 4 – 7 – The Ravens Roost #44 road trip will be the Ravens/Dolphins game being played on Sunday, October 6th at 1pm.
- Friday, December 6 – Ravens Roost #44 Christmas Party @ the Cove Restaurant @ Bayside. More details soon.
- From Irene: New York City at Christmas Dec. 6-8, 2013. I had a few requests for a trip to NY at Christmas. I wanted to send it to this group first. I would need at least 30 people signed up to get this rate.
- 3 days/2 nights December 6-8, 2013
- Round trip motor coach - 2 nights accommodations in NY City area, staying in NJ 9 miles from the City.
- 2 Breakfast
- 1 Dinner in NY City
- Visit Rockefeller Center and the famous Christmas Tree-Shopping on 5th Ave
- Guided tour of Manhattan and Chinatown-St Patrick's Cathedral-Greenwich Village-United Nations-Central Park-Lincoln Center-Wall St. and the Financial District.
- Atlantic City on the way home, visit to the New Margaritaville & Casino. (Bonus in AC)
- Rate of $475.00 per person also includes Baggage handling, hotel tax and meal gratuities. Single rate $210.00 additional.
- A deposit of $25.00 person (Non Refundable) would be due in 2 weeks. If you have to cancel and can find a replacement you can get your money back.
- Please let me know ASAP before I advertise it to the public.
- Please note the first day of this trip is also the day of the Ravens Roost #44 Christmas Party.
- BEER WAGON SCHEDULE: We need 2 people for 2-6pm shift on Saturday Sept 21. This is a very busy shift. We also need alternates if someone has to cancel. All permits, contracts etc. are now in place. If you can help the Roost out please contact me, Nelson Kelly @: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 302 236 4171.
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Tonight - Movies Under the Stars - Assateague Island | G-rated Family and Nature Themed Movies, Assateague State Park. Wednesdays starting June 19th through August 28, 2013. Join us out under the stars on the beach behind the Nature Center for a viewing of G-rated family or nature-themed movies. Check our weekly program schedule for this week's feature. Please bring a chair or blanket and your favorite snack and beverage. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Program free to State Park campers; all others program service charge of $3.00 per vehicle; check-in at State Park Ranger Station office. All ages welcome.
- Tonight – Free Movies on the Beach - 118th St. On the beach at the Carousel Resort Hotel. Enjoy a free movie on the beach with your family, on our 16-foot projector. Each week a general audience movie is presented free of charge. Bring a blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m.
- Summer Movie Schedule:
- August 28: Rise of the Guardians
- Tonight - Free Concerts on the Beach - On the Beach at North Division Street. Free, live entertainment every Wednesday, 8:00pm - 9:30pm from July 10 - August 28 (except July 31). Enjoy tribute bands and local favorites. Treat yourself to a collection of summer beach music, watch the sun set, view the sparkling blue ocean and dance by moonlight. There is no better setting for relaxing than Concerts on the Beach. The beach beat will have your hands clapping and your toes tapping to the variety of entertainment. For more information about Concerts on the Beach, call 410-250-0125. Entertainment subject to change without notice.
- Save The Dates - Summer Concert Schedule:
- August 28: Randy Lee Ashcraft & The Saltwater Cowboys (Beach Country)
- Today thru September 2 - Tall Ship Event | El Galeon - A 16th Centrury Replica, Between 3rd and 4th Street. Travel back in time 500 years when you board the Galleon and experience first hand what it was like to sale the open ocean in the 16th century. The Galleon is a replica of the 16th century ships that Spanish explorers sailed on to discover much of the new world. The Galleon will be docked Bayside between 3rd and 4th Street and will be open for public tours from Aug. 21st to Sept. 2nd. Admission: On Site: $15 for adults, $11 for children (6 - 12).
- Tomorrow - Arts and Crafts Thursday Workshops | Create an Assateague Keepsake of your Own, Assateague State Park, Thursdays starting June 13th through August 29, 2013, 6:30 p.m. Our naturalist staff and special guests will be on hand to demonstrate distinctive crafts and to guide you in creating an Assateague keepsake of your own. Projects may incorporate scrapbooking, beads, paint, clay, or even items found in nature and along the beach. Check our weekly program schedule for this week's feature. Service charge applies per participant. If not camping at the State Park, please check in at the State Park Ranger Station office. For more information call (410) 641-2120 ext 13. Ages 10 – adult (children age 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult).
- Tomorrow - Free Movies on the Beach - 91st St. On the Beach at the Princess Royale Hotel. Enjoy a Free Movie on the Beach with our 16-foot projector. Each week a general audience movie is presented free of charge. Bring a blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m., weather permitting.
- Summer Movie Schedule:
- August 29: Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away
For more information, call 1-800-476-9253.
- Tomorrow - Sunset Park Party Nights | S. Division St. & the Bay. Every Thursday night in July and August from 7pm - 9pm. Watch the sun set over the Isle of Wight Bay from the perfect location in Ocean City! Sunset Park is located along South Division Street between Philadelphia Avenue and the Bay in downtown Ocean City. All concert admissions and parking are free and open to the public. Beverages, including beer, are available for purchase by the Ocean City Recreation Boosters. All proceeds are used for youth programs in Ocean City. Please bring your own chair.
- Save The Dates... 2013 Concert Schedule:
- August 29: Poole & the Gang (Rock)
For more information, call 410-289-7739.
- Tomorrow - At the Freeman Stage at Bayside - First State Ballet, 7:00pm -9:00pm. Classical and contemporary ballet highlights will be performed by First State Ballet Theatre, Delaware’s professional ballet company. Enjoy an enchanting performance by this professional company of bright young dancers performing under the artistic direction of Kirov-trained Pasha Kambalov. Community Event. Free for all. Please bring your own chairs. www.firststateballet.com
- Thursday & Saturday - Campground Critter Encounter | Invite Special Guests to your Campsite, Assateague State Park, Thursdays and Saturdays starting June 27th, 2013. Programs available between 4-7 p.m. Would you like to invite some special guests to your campsite? Our Campground Critter Encounter lets you enjoy an up-close visit with some of our Scales & Tales animals - and the best part is we bring the program to you! Gather your friends and family right at your home away from home and we’ll bring a group of feathered and scaled friends to meet you. You’ll learn about how these animals survive on and around Assateague Island and how you can help to protect wild animals. We’ll even have time for a photo-shoot with you and your new friends! Service charge applies. Program is for groups up to 20 participants and is 30 minutes in length. For questions or to schedule your encounter in advance call (410) 641-2120 ext. 12 or email email@example.com or you can sign up at the Nature Center during your visit. All ages welcome.
- Friday - At the Freeman Stage at Bayside - Doo Wop Project, 7:00pm - 9:00pm. SOLD OUT! The Doo Wop Project stars leading cast members from the Tony Award Winning Broadway smash, JERSEY BOYS. NOT a show featuring Jersey Boys material and/or songs by Frankie Valli and/or The 4 Seasons, this evening is an homage to classic Doo Wop and the music that was inspired by that sound, honoring songs and groups we hear all the time but maybe more importantly, some that exist only as a memory. Classic hits by every standard for every generation. Spotlight Event. $15 per person, plus handling fee. Children must have a ticket as well.Please bring your own chairs. THERE IS A 8 TICKET LIMIT PER HOUSEHOLD
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday - Labor Day Weekend Art & Craft Festival, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. For more Info please contact: Ami Hastings: Phone: 410-352-5851; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday - Freedom Music Festival | 3 Full Days of Live Music and Entertainment. Airlift Entertainment - 3 full days of excitement featuring 2 stages of live music and entertainment performing a diverse array of musical talent and styles from all over. Aside from great entertainment comes an awesome selection of great food from our vendors, not to mention many exhibitors selling unique items and products. You will not want to miss this event on a beautiful and scenic 50 acre, open air venue. Buy a 3 day pass and get a discounted ticket price. Check the website for updates and band schedules. http://airliftentertainment.com/ai1ec_event/spring-music-festival/?instance_id=
- Saturday - At the Freeman Stage at Bayside - Fireworks Season Finale with Mid-Atlantic Symphony, Opera at Morgan and the Morgan State University Choir, 7:00pm -9:00pm. Celebrate Labor Day weekend with a beautiful collaboration of music performed by the Mid-Atlantic Symphony Orchestra, Opera at Morgan and the Morgan State University Choir. Enjoy music from Opera to Broadway as these two organizations delight with selections from La Bohème as well as Broadway favorites. The concert will end with a fantastic fireworks finale! Come early to this audience favorite evening! Community Event. Free for all. Please bring your own chairs.
- Sunday – Beach Lights Spectacular, On the Beach at North Division St. Beach Lights Spectacular is a new, exciting show featuring lasers, lights and special effects displayed on a giant 5-story beach ball choreographed to action-packed music. Beach Lights Spectacular will be lighting up Ocean City three times a night every Sunday from Memorial Day to Labor Day! Show times are 9:30pm, 10:00pm and 10:30pm.
- Riots and protests were rapidly getting out of hand in LA, Miami, Atlanta, and New York. Tear gas, water hoses, beanbags and rubber bullets, nothing was working. Finally desperate police had to fly helicopters over and dump boxes of job applications into the raging mobs. Crowds were dispersed in less than two minutes.
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
- Our website, www.ravensroost44.com is temporarily down. Our crack staff is feverishly working to get it back up and running.
- Happy Labor Day. Summer, Get Your Squirrely Ass Outta Here!
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory