Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Tonight - Ravens Rap tonight at the Blue Ox. We right now will be skipping the Wed. before Thanksgiving show & the Dec. 29th Show. Please start spreading the news & let us know of any questions or problems. Here's to a Great Season! Thanks, Eileen.
- Friday – Water Conservation Group Meeting @ ...
- Friday, December 6 – Ravens Roost #44 Annual Christmas Party Dec 6, 6pm -10pm @ the Cove at Bayside. Veggie and cheese platters, autumn salad with cranberries, apples and crumbled blue cheese, topped with a homemade vinaigrette. Plated entrees your choice: Herb roasted Airline chicken breast drizzled with citrus cream sauce, served with roasted red potatoes and chef's choice of vegetables /or Stuffed shrimp, 3 jumbo shrimp stuffed with crab meat, served with roasted red potatoes and chef's choice of vegetables. Dessert: spiced cheesecake. Price includes non-alcoholic beverages. The roost will pay for beer and wine; mixed drinks are available from a cash bar on your own. Price $30 per member/ $35 per non member guest. We will also have the Chinese auction to benefit the AGH Penguin Swim. Please email or call Bill Cordwell for reservations email@example.com 443-669-4129. Please indicate your entrée preference. Send checks to Bill made out to Ravens Roost 44 and send to Bill at 558 Ocean Pkwy, Ocean Pines MD, 21811. Reservations and payment for this event must be received by Nov. 22.
- January 1, 2014 - The Penguin Swim to Benefit AGH: The web site is up and it is once again time to join the RR44 Penguin Swim Team. The past 3 years we have taken 3rd place in the Team division. This year, the categories have been changed so that Bars and commercial establishments (like Bull on the Beach) have their own division. That means Civic clubs like ours will be competing against each other, so we have a huge opportunity to take first place in our division! We will have a hospitality room again this year for the participants to use before and after getting wet for a good cause. Ask your friends to join our team and go to the link below to sign up under "OC Ravens Roost #44 Penguin Swim Team". http://penguinswim.atlanticgeneral.org/search.cfm. Thanks, Gary
- Roost Apparel: At the November meeting Maggie will bring all the remaining t-shirts, sweatshirts and jerseys. Got someone on your Christmas list that's a Ravens fan and loves OC? We've got something for everyone! A variety of sizes and colors remain. Please help Maggie clean out the inventory (and her garage)!
- Roost Elections are coming. Nomination and Elections Process for Roost Officers:
- November meeting: Elect Nomination Chairperson. The Chair picks two (2) members for a committee of three (3). The Chair recruits and accepts nominations.
- December meeting: The List of candidates is presented. Nominations from the floor will be accepted.
- January meeting: Election is conducted. A secret ballot is used where more than one (1) member is running for an office. February: New Officers are installed.
- There are two (2) positions for which we have no candidates running for office. They are the Vice President Position and the Recording Secretary position. We need your help to fill these important roost positions. The other Officer Positions have members nominated, but you can be nominated and run for these positions also. Contact Paul Neal if interested.
- The Ravens are rested and poised for their run at the playoffs (playoffs? playoffs?) It begins Sunday 4:25 as the Ravens travel to Cleveland to play the Factory of Sadness, otherwise known as the Browns.
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Friday thru Sunday - Punkin Chunkin 2013, Wheatley Farm, Bridgeville, DE - The World Championship Punkin Chunkin Association (WCPCA) is a trademark nonprofit that raises money for scholarships, as well as organizations that benefit youth and the local community. We host a signature pumpkin-launching event each year, fueling innovative engineering and science-based ideas that draw spectators from all over. We believe that Punkin Chunkin cultivates the odd, challenging, and competitive quest for distance that inspires creativity, ingenuity, teamwork, and passion. It is this very dedication that drives teams to compete using science and engineering skills and brings spectators to the gate which allows us to continue our never ending thirst to support our scholarship and charitable programs. http://www.punkinchunkin.com/
- Monday, December 9 - From Gary: On Monday Dec. 9th I will be participating in The Shark's "Buy Local Monday Marketplace". I will be displaying and selling prints of several original paintings and will donate 15% of my sales that night to the RR44 Penguin Swim Team. This will be a fun evening with a lot of local artists and crafters selling a variety of hand made items. This is a very popular event so I would suggest that if want to also enjoy dinner at the best restaurant in OC, you make reservations early. Thanks, Gary.
- A young Jewish man excitedly tells his mother he’s fallen in love and that he is going to get married. He says, “Just for fun, Ma, I’m going to bring over three women and you try and guess which one I’m going to marry.”
The mother agrees.
The next day, he brings three beautiful women into the house and sits them down on the couch and they chat for a while. He then says, “OK, Ma, guess which one I’m going to marry.”
She immediately replies, “The one on the right.”
“That’s amazing, Ma. You’re right. How did you know?
The Jewish mother replies, “I don’t like her.”
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory