Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Friday – WCS Meeting @ …
- Sunday - Orioles game, 1:35 pm. Price is $70.00, need money now! We need 30 people. Come on and join us!! Contact Donna 410-627-7697 or email at chapshouse@comcast. My address is 38329 Maple Ln, Selbyville, DE 19975. Make check out to Raven Roost #44. I will not deposit check until I am sure we have at least 30 people.
- July 12 - Ravens Roost #44 Annual Summer Picnic @ White Horse Park. Roost members pay $10 which you will get back if you attend. Guests will be $20, one guest per member. Guests will not get their $20 back. Adults only, no children.
- RAFT UPS! Sunday, July 20; Sunday, August 17; Saturday, September 20. The August RAFT UP will be in DE. Bring some food to share, whatever you want to drink. You do not need a boat to participate. Sign up at the monthly meeting.
- Friday, 10/10 thru Monday, 10/13 - RAVENS ROOST #44 ROAD TRIP-2014. Sold out.
- Looking for the Ravens' 2014 schedule? Find it here.
- Looking for the Ravens' 2014 draft class? Find it here.
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Today - Yin Therapeutic Stretch on the Beach, 49th Street on the Beach. A yoga technique w/similar effects of acupressure, emphasizing quiet, relaxed stillness. One of the most effective practices you will ever do in releasing more deeply held tension in the joints and deeper tissue, inspiring a renewed energy, comfort, and mobility throughout body and mind. This class is acceptable for beginners, but open to all levels. $16/person or $30/couple. Mats & water are provided at no extra cost. To reserve a spot/payment instructions/all other details, please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if within 24 please text 443-504-5135. Class size is limited, please make reservation early.
- Tonight - Wednesday Family Fun Nights, Ocean Pines Yacht Club Pool. Fun for the entire family! Wednesday Family Fun Nights are back for another summer. Every Wednesday, the Yacht Club transforms into a wave of fun for the young & young at heart! The pool is open for all ages to enjoy as a variety of DJs fill the air with the sounds of summer. Food & beverages will be available poolside for a small fee. ADMISSION: Only persons swimming pay a fee. Swim Members $3 (must show Membership Card), Resident $5, Non-Resident $7. Note: This is a Recreation Dept. Special Event — swim coupons or pool receipts do not grant admission.
- Tonight, Fridays and Mondays - Free Movies on the Beach, On the beach at the Carousel 118th Street, Princess Royal 92nd Street, 27th Street sponsored by The Commander. Enjoy a free movie on the beach with your family, on our 16-foot projector. Each week a general audience movie is presented free of charge. Bring a blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m.
- Tomorrow - Sunset Park Party Nights | Free Live Concert, S. Division St. & the Bay. Every Thursday night in July and August from 7pm - 9pm. Watch the sun set over the Isle of Wight Bay from the perfect location in Ocean City! Sunset Park is located along South Division Street between Philadelphia Avenue and the Bay in downtown Ocean City. All concert admissions and parking are free and open to the public. Beverages, including beer, are available for purchase by the Ocean City Recreation Boosters. All proceeds are used for youth programs in Ocean City. Please bring your own chair.
- 2014 Concert Schedule:
- June 19: Summer Kickoff Event
- July 3: Lauren Glick & The Mood Swingers (Blues/R&B/Jazz)
- July 10: (Rock)
- July 17: Folk Heroes (Irish)
- July 24: Full Circle (Blues/R&B/Jazz)
- July 31: Capt. Quint (Jimmy Buffett Tribute)
- August 7: British Invasion Experience (Beatles Tribute Band)
- August 14: Cup (Rock)
- August 21: Eclipse (Journey Tribute Band)
- August 28: Randy Lee Ashcraft & The Saltwater Cowboys (Country)
For more information, call 410-289-7739.
- Tomorrow - Concerts in the Park, White Horse Park. The OP Recreation & Parks Department is proud to continue our Summer Concert Series. This concert series is held every Thursday beginning June 19th. All concerts begin at 7pm in the Pavilion at White Horse Park. Patrons are encouraged to bring lawn chairs & a picnic, if desired. BYOB is also allowed. Bring your family & friends for a fun evening of entertainment. All concerts are child friendly, with a playground, swings, ice cream, hot dogs & family games such as corn hole for kids & adults.
- Concert Schedule:
- June 26: Delmarva Big Band
- July 3: Beauty of Ashes
- July 10: Over Time
- July 17: Military Band
- July 24: Sons of Pirates
- July 31: Full Circle
- August 7: TBA
- August 14: Patriotic Jazz Band
- August 21: Hung Jury
- Tomorrow - Chesapeake Silver Cornet Brass Band, Freeman Stage, 7 pm. Formed in 1996, the Chesapeake Silver Cornet Brass Band is a British-style brass band comprised of amateur and professional musicians from New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Delaware. The band performs a varied repertoire of contemporary and traditional brass and music. Free. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair)
- Friday - Vocal Trash at the Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage, 7 pm. Described as, “Glee Meets Stomp”, this green minded ensemble delights audiences, globally, on a relentless pursuit to bring people together utilizing the universal language of song and dance. Urban Broadway! $10 for adults; kids are free. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair)
- Saturday - Peter Pan at the Freeman Stage | Rehoboth Summer Children's Theatre, Freeman Stage, 10 am. Rehoboth Summer Children's Theatre & Family Stages bring their own special treatment to the familiar tale. Peter and lead the Darling Children off to for adventure and fun! This spirited one hour show is a theatrical delight for family members of all ages. Free. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair)
- Saturday - Forever Motown at the Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage, 7 pm. Imagine the greatest Motown groups of all time, all on one stage together again. Forever Motown is a group of veteran entertainers that offer a non-stop, high energy trip down memory lane featuring the songs America grew up on. Sing, dance, and celebrate the music of your life to songs like: “My Girl”, “I Heard It Through The Grapevine”, “Reach Out”, “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)” & “Uptight” – nearly 30 non-stop hits in all! Don’t forget to wear your dancing shoes! $15 for adults; kids are free. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair)
- Saturday & Sunday - Gift of Light Expo, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Featuring: Psychics, Mediums, Tarot, Massage, Reiki, Healing, Vitamins, Nutrition, Health Organizations, Demonstrations, Samples, Jewelry, Crystals, Candles, Books, Art/Crafts, Food, Music and more! Workshops on: Psychic Development, Hypnosis, Manifestation, Crystal Healing, Ask a Psychic, Records, Clearing Negativity, Spirit Beings, Angels & Guides, E.T. Cover Ups, Yoga and the Spirit, Living Healthy, Love/Relationships, Money/Prosperity, Ascension, Quantum Physics, Empowerment and more! Admission $12 Adults; Kids 10 and under are free.
- Sunday - Somerset Plaza - Free Live Concert, Somerset Plaza between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. Enjoy a new series of FREE special events and concerts on Somerset Plaza, located on Somerset Street between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Avenue in downtown Ocean City. All events start at 3pm. OC cars will be on display during all music events. Somerset Plaza is a semi-pedestrian street that is closed to all vehicular traffic during these special events.
- Save The Dates... 2014 Concert Schedule:
- July 13: Blake Haley (Country)
- July 27: Rob Fahey (Rock)
- August 10: Nate Duo (Acoustic Rock)
- August 24: Troy (Acoustic)
- September 21: Kevin (Tsunami Sunset)
- Entertainment subject to change without notice. For more information, call 410-289-7739.
- Sunday - OC Beach Lights Spectacular | Lasers, lights, video, music and special effects, The Beach at North Division Street. Returning to Ocean City this summer is the fun and exciting free event for the entire family, OC Beach Lights Spectacular! These shows feature lasers, lights, video, music and special effects all displayed on a 5 story tall giant beach ball. NEW this year the Beach Lights shows will display fireworks! Show times are 9:30pm, 10:00pm and 10:30pm.
- Cold in Chicago
60° above - Floridians wear coats, gloves, and wooly hats. Chicago people sunbathe.
50° above - New Yorkers try to turn on the heat. Chicago people plant gardens.
40° above - Italian cars won't start. Chicago people drive with the windows down.
32° above - Distilled water freezes. Lake Michigan's water gets thicker.
20° above - Californians shiver uncontrollably. Chicago people have the last cookout before it gets cold.
15° above - New York landlords finally turn up the heat. Chicago people throw on a sweatshirt.
0 degrees - Californians fly away to Mexico. Chicago people lick the flagpole and throw on a light jacket over the sweatshirt.
20° below - People in Miami cease to exist. Chicago people get out their winter coats.
40 below - Hollywood disintegrates. Chicago's Girl Scouts begin selling cookies door to door.
60° below - Polar bears begin to evacuate Antarctica. Chicago's Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.
80° below - Mount St. Helen's freezes. Chicago people rent some videos.
100° below - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Chicago people get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.
297° below - Microbial life survives on dairy products. Illinois cows complain of farmers with cold hands.
460° below - ALL atomic motion stops. Chicago people start saying. . ."Cold ' for ??"
500° below - Hell freezes over. The Chicago Cubs win the World Series.
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory