Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Tomorrow - Entertainment Committee meeting, 6 pm @ the Blue Ox.
- Friday – WCS Meeting @ …
- Sunday - Bus trip to Orioles vs. Indians. Bus leaves from behind the Montego Bay Shopping Center promptly @ 9 am and will make a stop @ the Roses in Millsboro around 9:20 am.
- October 24 - ROAD TRIP: The 2015 Road Trip to Phoenix, Arizona is set. Please make sure that you let me know how many tickets to the game you will need. I should get ticket prices this month and will put a hold on a block of tickets based on the total numbers I have received. We are working on the T-shirt and group social and will have more info on those soon. Gary
- November 17 - The Wallops Island Base Tour is booked for Tuesday, November 17th. Wallops Island trip status as of 6/24: Tour will depart from behind Montego Bay S/C on Tues. 11/17 @ 8:30 AM - arrive back about 4:00. Lunch is on your own @ base cafeteria (not bad).
We now have 16 signed up. The max no. is now 24 (+ 1 for guide) - so we can take only 8 more. Beyond that a wait list will be made. The cost will be as follows: 16 is $41 pp; 20 is $33 pp; 24 is $27 pp.
Jor-Lin is asking for a non-refundable $250 deposit (due today) to hold the mini-bus. Please sign up now by responding email@example.com or call Ron @ 302-436-4790 so we can be confident sending the deposit in & not risk losing the reservation.
The balance will be due by 11/3 so we will be able to get the money @ the Oct. meeting or other special arrangements
- Entertainment Update:
- Entertainment Committee Meeting- Thursday June 25 at 6:00PM at Blue Ox
- Oriole Game June 28 vs. Cleveland Cost $65 for ticket and bus trip. If you haven't signed up contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Boardwalk Bike Ride/Walk July 11 Meet at end of boardwalk 9 am. Some folks go for breakfast on the way back.
- Roost Picnic July 11 at White Horse Park. Rain Date July 12. Sign up with Eric if you haven't already email@example.com. Tickets are $10 per member and $20 for guests. This is an adult event. Children are not permitted. Ticket charge for members refunded if you show up.
- Shorebirds Game August 15. Fireworks after the game. If we have 20 or more members going, tickets are $9.00 ($3.00 off) and we will have a bus for transportation. Register with Eric at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can.
- Christmas Party December 12 at Cove Restaurant.
- Other Tentative Events-
- Tour of Tangier Island
- Pig/Oyster Roast
- Charity Food Drive
- Kayak Trip
- Crab Feast
- Putt Putt Golf
- Roost Apparel: An order will be going to Red Sun for the 3 Raven's Head Flag Logo shirts after the next meeting on July 9th. These have been extremely popular and I know I get people asking me wherever I go, "Where did you get that shirt? Can I buy one?" Don't get left out and don't assume that there will be extras in your favorite color and size. The sweatshirt jackets can be ordered in black and and are $25. The long sleeved T's can be ordered in , black and purple and are $20. The short sleeved T's are $15 and can be ordered in just about every color imaginable, but black and purple are the ordered favorites so far. I've done some in pink (ladies but hey we aren't judging), red (Terps fan) and orange (Orioles fan) and they turned out really cute. I can also order children's sizes and of course they are less (but it depends on what size you are ordering). This is the second order of these and not sure there will be enough interest for a third, so if you want one (or more), are thinking about one for a gift for your family and friends, don't sit on this! You can place your order at the July 9 meeting (I have a few ones left so you can see the style and buy those) or email Maggie at email@example.com. Don't be left out, get on the list for the order!
Football season will be upon us soon! Did your favorite player leave the team and now you don't have a and spending another $100 bucks just isn't in the plan? How about a Roost 44 ? They cost $35 and you'll never be traded! See Maggie at the next meeting or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Various sizes still available. Show your Roost pride at the stadium!
New to the Roost? Do you have a Turtle, Ox and Raven logo short sleeved T? We have a few left and they will be at the July meeting as well. Purple and available - cute logo $15.
Last but not least: new Roost members might like a purple Hawaiian shirt for $40! Taking orders for those and hope to place the order after the July 9th meeting. You'll see a bunch of them at the upcoming picnic, I'm sure. And those of your whose shirt has been " in the dryer"....you'll need a new one too so order one! Also Roost 44 golf shirts - yes the purple ones with the "slimming white side stripes" can be ordered anytime. They are $35 and come in both men's style and ladies v-neck collar style with a logo on the left chest. An order for these will also be going Red Sun after the July 9th meeting.
Here's to being the best dressed Roost in Maryland! Go Ravens!
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Tonight - Free Movies on the Beach - 118th Street | On the Beach at the 118th Street. Enjoy free movies on the beach every Wednesday from June 3 to August 26. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m. For more information, call 800-626-2326.
- Complete Schedule:
- June 24 - Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day
- July 1 - Into The Woods
- July 8 - Maleficent
- July 15 - Dolphin Tale 2
- July 22 - Planes, Fire & Rescue
- July 29 - The Box Trolls
- August 5 - Annie (2014)
- August 12 - Cinderella (2015)
- August 19 - Frozen
- August 26 - Guardians of the Galaxy
- Tomorrow - Concerts in the Park, White Horse Park. Bring lawn chairs and a picnic and enjoy music at the White Horse Park pavilion. Bring your family and friends for a fun evening of entertainment. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Bring your own beer is allowed.
- June 25 – 229th Army Band
- July 2 – Barren Creek
- July 9 – Uptown Band
- July 16 – Tor and Coastal Storm
- July 23 – Full Circle
- July 30 – Delmarva Big Band
- August 6 – Haleytown
- August 13 – Sons of Pirates
- August 20 – JJ Rupp
- August 27 – A Classic Case
- Tomorrow - The Gizmo Guys - Performance and Juggling Workshop, Freeman Stage. Performing as the Gizmo Guys, Allan Jacobs and Barrett Felker have amazed and amused audiences around the world! Sure, they’ve made numerous television appearances, won international juggling competitions, and taught at top circus schools, but what makes their act so appealing is their uniquely winning combination of dazzling technique and infectious humor. The Gizmo Guys’ rapid-fire act exhilarates and inspires sidesplitting laughter in audience members of all ages. Come out for a great night of family fun here at The Freeman Stage! This performance will be followed by a 30 minute juggling workshop! BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair). Free
- Friday - Hollywood Nights at the Freeman Stage - Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band Tribute, Freeman Stage. HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS is the ultimate tribute to Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet band! This NJ based powerhouse has set out to re-create everything about Bob and his music right down to the smallest detail.The band prides themselves on continuing the amazing groundwork laid down by Bob over the past 30 years. If you are a true Seger fan, only then will you share the personal redemptions that HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS humbly accepts from rising above the daily grind and delivering a high powered, professional show. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair). $17 for adults; kids are free.
- Saturday (morning) - Monkeys in the House at Freeman Stage - Performed by John Hadfield, Freeman Stage. John Hadfield’s unconventional wacky Monkeys in the House comedy show combines original funny songs, plate spinning, whoopee cushion percussion, a wise cracking robot bird, juggling, amazing magic, an imaginary friend who comes to life, a piano playing dog and even an adorable robot monkey head named Hilton. Please do not feed the robot monkey head. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair). Free.
- Saturday (night) - Rosanne Cash at Freeman Stage - The River and the Thread in Concert, Freeman Stage. For over three decades Rosanne Cash has been one of the most compelling figures in popular music, with a remarkable body of work noted for its emotional acuity, rich and resonant imagery, and unsparing honesty. Singer and songwriter Rosanne Cash’s exciting show celebrates her highly-acclaimed and Grammy-nominated album, The River and the Thread. The River and the Thread (2014, Blue Note Records) is a collection of original songs that connect and Rosanne to the American South, the place of her birth and the home of her ancestors. Rosanne follows her acclaimed Grammy nominated and award winning album The List (2009) with her own poetic survey of places and people of The South on these beautiful and varied songs written with her collaborator, musical director and husband, John Leventhal. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair). $35.
- Saturday - OCMD Scavenger Hunt, Fish Tales. The OCMD Scavenger Hunt is part Bar Tour, part Amazing Race! Teams of 4-8 people will roam Ocean City, MD in search of random items, taking crazy pictures, completing challenges, answering trivia, and bar-hopping while trying to win all sorts of awesome prizes!
Tons of great prizes will be awarded to the top placing teams, including: $500 cash, free bar tabs, concert tickets, and much more!
Team themes and costumes are strongly encouraged! Receive drink and food specials all day long at over a dozen of your favorite bars throughout OCMD!
Register your team of 4-8 people today!
$30/team before May 15th
$50/team the day-of Registration
Pre-Party: 12-2pm Fish Tales (22nd Street) Teams will check-in, receive their Hunt list, and enjoy great specials while getting amped for the Hunt!
The Hunt: 2-6pm Explore OCMD trying to complete all of the crazy challenges on the Hunt list!
Post-Party & Awards: 6-8pm Blue Ox (127th Street) Teams will finish up at the Blue Ox to be judged and scored, with prizes going to the top teams!
- Saturday - World Class Music comes to Ocean City’s new Performing Arts Center - “The Fabulous Three Tenors and a Diva” will appear at Ocean City’s new Performing Arts Center, 4001 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD on Saturday, June 27th, 2015 at 7:30 pm. The show will feature a musical blend of contemporary pop crossovers, Broadway show tunes, a dash of opera with a guest performance by the critically acclaimed soprano, Barbara Wayman. Get your tickets ($45, $40, $30) by calling Ticketmaster at 800-551-7328 or visiting the Ocean City Convention Center box office in person (9 AM to 4:30 PM). The concert is sponsored by the Community Church at Ocean Pines to benefit the many ministries of the church.
- Sunday - Somerset Plaza - Free Live Concerts & OC Cruzer Classic Car Display , Somerset Plaza between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. Enjoy a new series of FREE special events and concerts on Somerset Plaza, located on Somerset Street between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Avenue in downtown Ocean City. All events start at 3pm. OC Cruzer cars will be on display during all music events. Somerset Plaza is a semi-pedestrian street that is closed to all vehicular traffic during these special events.
- Save The Dates... 2015 Concert Schedule:
- June 28: Rick Kennedy (country)
- July 12: Tommy Edward (Rod Stewart tribute)
- July 26: Rob Fahey (rock)
- August 9: British Invasion Experience (Beatles tribute)
- August 23: Troy Mawyer (rock)
- September 6: Nate Clendenen Duo (acoustic rock)
- September 27: To be determined
Entertainment subject to change without notice. For more information, call 410-289-7739.
- Sunday - OC Beach Lights Spectacular | Lasers, lights, video, music and special effects, The Beach at North Division Street. Returning to Ocean City this summer is the fun and exciting free event for the entire family, OC Beach Lights Spectacular! These shows featuring lasers, lights, video, fireworks, music, and special effects all displayed on a 5 story tall giant beach ball will light up the beach at North Division Street. The show is visible along the south end of the beach and boardwalk with the best viewing area on the Boardwalk at North Division Street. Show times are 9:30 pm, 10:00 pm and 10:30 pm. Sundays from May 24 - September 6, 2015.
- Monday - Family Movies in the Park, White Horse Park. Enjoy a family-friendly movie outdoors on the big screen! Bring lawn chairs and snacks. BYOB is allowed. Drinks, popcorn and snacks will also be available for purchase.
- June 29 – The Wizard of Oz (1939)
- July 6 – The Book of Life (2014)
- July 13 – The Sandlot (1993)
- July 20 – The Box Trolls (2014)
- July 27 – E.T. (1982)
- Aug 3 – Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (2014)
- August 10 – Annie (1982)
- August 17 – James and the Giant Peach (1996)
- August 24 – Hook (1991)
- August 31 – Into the Woods (2014)
- Monday - Movie Night on Dewey Beach, On Dewey Beach at Dagsworthy Street. Bring your family and a beach chair to Dewey Beach on Monday for family movie night! Movies will start at approximately 8:30 P.M on the beach at Dagsworthy St. in Dewey.
2015 Movie Schedule:
- 6/29/2015 - The Box Trolls
- 7/6/2015 - Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- 7/13/2015 - The Little Rascals
- 7/20/2015 - Big Hero 6
- 7/27/2015 - The Goonies
- 8/3/2015 - Annie (2014)
- 8/10/2015 - Jumanji
- 8/17/2015 - Maleficent
- 8/24/2015 - Muppets Most Wanted
- Monday - Free Movies on the Beach - 27th St., On the Beach at the 27th Street. Enjoy free movies on the beach every Monday and Friday from June 22 to August 7. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m. For more information call 800-626-2326.
Complete Movie Schedule:
- June 29 - Alexander and the Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- July 3 - Earth to Echo
- July 6 - Dolphin Tale 2
- July 10 - The Box Trolls
- July 13 - Annie (2014)
- July 17 - Planes - Fire & Ice
- July 20 - Frozen
- July 24 - Big Hero 6
- July 27 - Strange Magic
- July 31 - Paddington
- August 3 - Muppets Most Wanted
- August 7 - Cinderella (2015)
- Tuesday - Family Movie Night at Coconuts, Coconuts Beach Bar & Grill. Bring the entire family for this popular fun-filled night. Enjoy a delicious chargrilled entrée at Coconuts, followed by a free family movie shown on the wall outside on Coconuts' patio. Of course you can't watch a movie without popcorn so look for the popcorn cart! Popcorn and candy are free too!
- June 30 - Mr. Peabody and Sherman
- July 7 - Rio 2
- July 14 - The Boxtrolls
- July 21 - epic
- July 28 - Despicable Me 2
- August 4 - Frozen
- August 11 - E.T.
- August 18 - Big Hero 6
- August 25 - Penguins of Madagascar
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto walked into a saloon and sat down to drink a beer. After a few minutes, a big tall cowboy walked in and said, “Who owns the big white horse outside?”
The Lone Ranger stood up, hitched his gun belt, and said, “I do… why?” The cowboy looked at the Lone Ranger and said, “I just thought you’d like to know that your horse is about dead outside!”
The Lone Ranger and Tonto rushed outside, and sure enough, Silver was ready to die from heat exhaustion. The Lone Ranger got the horse some water, and soon Silver was starting to look a little better. The Lone Ranger turned to Tonto and said, “Tonto, could you run around Silver and see if you can create enough of a breeze to make him start to feel better?” Tonto said, “Sure, Kemosabe” and took off running circles around Silver. Not able to do anything else but wait, the Lone Ranger returned to the saloon to finish his drink.
A few minutes later, another cowboy struts into the saloon and asks, “Who owns that big white horse outside?” The Lone Ranger stands again, and claims, “I do; what’s wrong with him this time?”
The cowboy looks him in the eye and says, “Nothing, but you left the Injun runnin’.”
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory