Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Tonight – Ravens Rap returns to the Blue Ox, 7 pm.
- Friday – WCS Meeting @ …
- November 17 - WALLOPS ISLAND TOUR leaves from behind Montego Bay S.C. promptly at 8:30 am. Please be there in time for seat assignments & $ rebates. We cannot be late; they could cancel our tour. Plan for a non-stop trip of about an hour.
- Important Ground Rules by NASA:
1. Must have photo ID
2. Your name on the list we must provide NASA 1 week prior to the trip must match your ID name. If you think it may not match, call Ron @ 302 436 4790 or e-mail email@example.com right away.
3. No open toed shoes are allowed.
4. No alcohol allowed so we will not allow any on the minibus. Small coolers with other drinks can be brought.
- Other Points:
1. The trip is sold out so if you cancel, contact Ron right away. We have a waiting list of 4 people and no refunds are possible unless the seats are filled.
2. Lunch is on your own at the Base Cafeteria.
3. Should be back to OC about 4:30
- November Thanksgiving Food Drive, Saturday, November 14, 2015, 8 am TO 4PM. Collection changes for November 14. Harris teeter to Giant, Millvile, Del and Super Fresh to Food Lion, West Ocean City.
Thanksgiving Food Drive:
You can join in the fight against HUNGRY by bringing a donation of the products listed below to the October and November meetings. All items collected will be given to Salem United Methodist Pantry, Selbyville and the Diakonia Homeless Shelter Pantry. Examples of the needed products are:
- Can Goods: meat, vegetables, fruit, and other similar products
- Dry Goods: cereal, pasta, rice, meat enhancers, crackers, cookies, etc...
- Personal Care: soap, detergent, toothpaste, deodorant, etc...
- Infant Care, formula, cereal, wipes, diapers, etc...
Diakonia asked for your used supermarket plastic bags. Last year they used 44,000 bags giving out 22,000 bags of food.
Thank you for time, effort and cooperation.
For more information, call John Falcone, 443 783 4872
- Entertainment Update:
- Next Entertainment Committee meeting November 12 at 6:30 at the Blue Ox
- Christmas Party December 12 at the Cove Restaurant at Bayside. Doors open at 6:45. Price is $35 per person, $50.00 for spouses or significant others who are not Roost members. Open to Members and spouse or "significant other." Menu options-
- Roasted Airline Chicken
- Stuffed Shrimp with Crab Meat
- Prime Rib and Crab Cake
Sign up at Roost Meeting November 12 with check made out to Ravens Roost #44 and select menu option. If you cannot attend the meeting, mail check (made out to Ravens Roost #44) to Eric Waterman, 311 S. Ocean Drive, Ocean City, MD 21842 and INCLUDE YOUR MENU selection!
- Harrington Bus Trip - Bus Trip to Harrington Casino. Friday, November 6th, 2015. 1st pick up: Montego Bay, OC 8:30 am. 2nd pick up: Rose’s Shopping center, Millsboro, DE 9:00 am. Arrive Harrington 10 am leave Harrington 3pm. Cost: $20.00. $10.00 free slot play and luncheon buffet. Signup sheet at September Meeting or Contact Mary Kendall. Need to supply the following information: Name, Cell Phone #, Harrington Card # or Date of Birth. Pickup preference Montego Bay (MB) or Rose’s (DE). Any questions please contact Mary Kendall. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 302-236-9617.
- Roost Apparel: The long awaited 3 logo Ravens shirts are in! Maggie will bring them to the next Roost meeting for distribution and payment. If you placed an order, please pay by check, if possible, made out to Ravens Roost #44. If that's not possible, try to bring exact change. To remind you, the sweatshirt jackets are $25, long sleeved T's $20, short sleeved adult T's $15. For those who ordered Youth T's, they are $10. If you need to confirm what you ordered or want to pick them up, email Maggie at email@example.com Thanks!
- This years AGH Penguin Swim is scheduled for Friday Jan 1st 2016. It will again take place at the Princess Royal Hotel. There is one small changes to the format this year. When you register for the event, there is an initial donation of $25 required. That goes toward whatever your total fundraising amount is and automatically qualifies you for a prize (T-shirt) at that level. There will also be a carnival atmosphere with more games and activities to participate in while waiting to "get wet for a good cause".
To join the OC Ravens Roost #44 Penguin Swim Team simple go to "www.aghpenguinswim.org" scroll down to "Become a Penguin" and click on "join a team". Under Penguin Search click on "Team Name" and enter "OC Ravens Roost" then click "search". Click on the team name again and then click on "Join Team". Enter the required information and you will be registered! If you have any problems, let me know. Maggie and I are going to have another Penguin Swim Team happy hour at our house in the next couple weeks to talk about fundraising and help team members get registered. I will announce the date at our next Roost meeting.
I have already reserved a room on the pool floor that will be used as our hospitality suit and changing/drinking room as we have done in the past. Our Fundraising goal this year is $8,000 but we raised almost $10,000 last year and it would be nice to repeat that amount. If you have ideas or suggestions for our group fundraising please let me know. The Booze Cruise raised $1,000 and we are planning a "Chinese Auction" for the Roost Christmas Party. We may also do a beer or wine tasting or pub crawl. We need donations for the auction and are looking for anything that Roost members may like such as: gift certificates from local business's/Restaurants; bottles of wine, beer, liquor; artwork; memorabilia; homemade items; crafts; etc. Please let me know what items you are able to get or donate for the auction so I can make a running list.
For your personal fundraising, talk with family, friends, business associates, in-laws and out-laws, and POST ON FACEBOOK.
A highlight of this year’s RR44 Team participation will be at least one team member who has agreed (after several drinks and on a dare) to wear a speedo for this event!! The person who made the dare agreed to participate in the swim (or make a substantial donation) on the condition that the speedo is worn. If anyone else would like to make similar arrangements/bets we should be able to reach our goal.
Please let me know when you have registered.
- OC Ravens Roost 44 Penguin Swim Team, in supports of Atlantic General Hospital Penguin Swim, presents a fun evening of music, dance, good food, great drinks and Celebrity Guest Bar-Tenders. Hosted by: CAPTAINS GALLEY RESTAURANT & LOUNGE, 12817 Harbor Rd., West OC, Friday Nov. 20th 6-9 p.m.
* Free Admission
* HH prices on select food and drink items
* Live Music
* Raffle prizes include; set of 4 hand painted beer mugs, art prints, gift certificates, growler of Burley Oak beer, and much more.
* GUEST BAR-TENDERS INCLUDE:
Allison Justice (AGH), Tammy Patrick (AGH), Salvatore Fasano (La Quinta Inn & Suites), Maggie Miller (RR44), Tom Maly (RR44), Colby Phillips (OCBP, OP Aquatics) Duane Phillips (OCEMS), And More!
- Ticket Exchange:
- Tony and Donna have tix for Steelers game. Tix, bus seats, $300 for 2. Call Donna if interested.
- We are selling our tickets for the Ravens vs Chiefs game on 12/20 @ 1pm. Tickets are in the lower level about the 8 yard line on the visitors side. Price for 2 tickets AND round trip bus from OC is $300. Gary 443-618-9972.
- The Ravens come back home to take on Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers, Sunday, 1 pm.
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Friday & Saturday - Wine Fest, Wine on the Beach, Inlet Lot. Wineries from the East Coast, micro-brewed beers, Delmarva cuisine, quality arts & crafts, and local and regional live music will be focal points of this year's event. The festival will be open Friday and Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. In addition to the vast array of wine offerings, there will be several vendors offering an array of International cuisine. There will be several arts & crafts vendors and micro-brewed beers for purchase. Popular local recording artists, including "Bird Dog and the Road Kings" will provide relaxing music during the days of the festival. Tickets for the festival are $35, which includes one-day admission, commemorative wine glass, and wine tasting sample coupons. Tickets may be purchased at the gate. Children ages 13-20 are $15. Children 12 and under are free. Anyone under the age of 21 must be accompanied by an adult. Sorry, no pets, picnic baskets, coolers, or outside beverages.
- Saturday & Sunday - Autumn Home & Condo Expo and Art and Craft Fair, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. The Autumn Home Show is an event designed for homeowners in all stages of remodeling, landscaping and decorating their homes. Exhibitors will be on hand with merchandise, product demonstrations, and interior and exterior displays. With a combination of new products and advice from the pros, the Home Show inspires homeowners with ideas on enhancing their home's comfort and functionality, as well as aesthetic appeal and overall value. The Art and Craft Fair will offer a wide assortment of creative and unique gifts and accessories made by artists and quality crafts people from near and far. Hours: Saturday 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission.
January 2-15, 2017 Baltimore MD to Tampa Fl (13Day) Cruise
Carnival Journeys – Southern Caribbean
Day Port to Call Arrival Time Departure Time
Monday: Baltimore MD 00:00 5:00PM
Tuesday: Fun day at Sea 00:00 00:00
Wednesday: Fun day at Sea 00:00 00:00
Thursday: Grand Turk 8:00AM 5:00PM
Friday: Amber Cove, Dominican Republic 7:00AM 3:00PM
Saturday: Fun day at Sea 00:00 00:00
Sunday: Cartagena, Colombia 10:00AM 6:00PM
Monday: Colon, Panama 10:00AM 7:00PM
Tuesday: Limon, Costa Rica 8:00AM 5:00PM
Wednesday: Fun day at Sea 00:00 00:00
Thursday: Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan 8:00AM 5:00PM
Friday: Cozumel, Mexico 10:00AM 5:00PM
Saturday: Fun day at Sea 00:00 00:00
Sunday: Tampa, FL 8:00 00:00
Inside Cabin category 4D $991.98
Inside French Doors (outside view only) category 4K $1,021.98
Balcony category 8B $1,376.98
All of the above will be located on Deck 6
Balcony category 8C $1,411.98
Balcony category 8D $1,396.98
All of the above will be located on Deck 7
Pre Paid Gratuities $156.00 per person.
A deposit of $25.00 per person will be due November 1, 2015 by Check paid to Vacations by Irene
2nd payment $400.00 per person will be due August 1, 2016 Check or Credit Card
Final payment October 10, 2016 Check or Credit Card.
Several options available for return from Tampa FL, to Baltimore MD.
Inside Cabins $109.00 per person
Balconies $119.00 per person
Information needed: email name as shown on pass port, and include date of birth and address.
Contact: Irene Hansen 410-250-1154 home firstname.lastname@example.org email
Mail checks to Vacations by Irene, PO Box 3488, Ocean City MD 21843
- Q: Why don't witches wear underwear?
A: So they can get a better grip on the broom.
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory