Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Friday – WCS Meeting @ …
- March 12 – St. Patrick’s Day need marchers for St. Paddy's Day parade 3/12/ will meet at Beach Copy on 59th street at 10:00 am. Bring drinks so we can party before parade (spot a pot on site). Those who can come to the Turtle after the parade to have some free food on second you have last year’s shirt or need a shirt let me Tony 410 627 7696.
- Members please bring plastic or paper shopping bags to the monthly Roost bags will be taken to Diakonia by Eric for use in distributing food donations to the community.
- Dues are to be paid by the February meeting. Again, it's $30 per member; please make checks out to Ravens Roost # membership cards are white this year, hoping to make them easier to read when you wear them to every meeting. Hopefully, you still have the plastic holder from last year to use again this you are unable to attend a meeting, you may mail your dues to me at: 126 Pine Tree Rd., Ocean City, MD 21842. Thanks,
- Entertainment Committee:
Next meeting Wednesday, February 10 at 6pm at the Original Greene Turtle. All members welcome! We need more participation from all members.
2016 Roost Entertainment Activities
- St. Patricks Day Parade March 12
- March Madness Party - Date to be determined
- Boardwalk Bike/Walk 2nd Saturday of every month starting May 14. Meet at 27th St.
- Harrington Bus Trips - Dates to be determined
- Council of Roosts Parade June 4
- Picnic - July 9 (Tentative)
- Shorebirds Game. Date to be determined. We may have a 90 minute buffet at the Hard Ball Café at the stadium
- Dover Air Force Base and Dogfish Brewery Tours - Date to be determined
- Bull and Oyster Roast - Date to be determined in October
- Christmas Party December 10
Other Proposed Activities Under Discussion
- Day trip to Chincoteague or Onancock
- Pub Crawl at Kent Narrows
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Now - Empty Bowl Project - Make a Bowl, Help End Hunger, Ocean City Center for the the Art League of Ocean City to help end hunger! Here’s how you can help: join us on these dates to create a bowl free of charge as part of the Empty Bowl Project. Then join us for the Soup Dinner on March 19 from 5-8 PM. For a $20 donation, enjoy a dinner of soup, bread, and desserts donated by local restaurants and take home a bowl to remind you of all the empty bowls in the world. Proceeds to benefit Diakonia and the Art League of Ocean City.
Call to register for a session.
February 3; 5: - 6: or 6: - 7:
February 6; 10: - 11: or 11:30am - 12:30pm
February 11; 12: - 1: or 1:30pm - 2:30pm
February 16; 5: - 6: or 6: - 7:
- Friday & Saturday - Monster Truck Thrill Show, Youth and Civic . Monster Trucks returns to the Youth & Civic for three shows on Friday, Jan. 29 at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, Jan. 30 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. “This year we threw away the rule book and we’ll let the drivers turn the horsepower up on their trucks. No maximum engine size, no weight minimum - this will let the trucks really get some big air, which is what the people want to see,” said Big Ed Beckley, owner of Flag Productions.
In addition to the trucks, the show will feature motorcycle daredevil, Ed Beckley himself. Beckley and a passenger will attempt to launch a specially built Harley-Davidson jump bike off a ramp over a long line of cars with both of them on the same motorcycle. This is a World Record attempt! The general public is invited to take part in the Tuff Truck Challenge, where drivers get a chance to attack the obstacle course and race against the clock for top . For more information on the Tuff Truck Challenge, call Flag Productions at 940-683-4742.
For an additional fee, attendees can ride in a real Monster Truck and check out the race course.
Tickets can be purchased online, at the Box Office or by calling 410-548-4911.
- A man goes to his doctor complaining about doctor tells him, "I also suffer from the same time I get one, I give my wife oral she has an orgasm, she tightens her legs around my head, which gets rid of the should try it sometime." Two weeks later on a return visit, the patient tells his doctor, "Your suggestion worked and I'd also like to tell you that you have a very nice house."
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory