Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Friday – WCS Meeting @ …
- March 3 - Convention Parade meeting at the Green Turtle at 6PM and would like anyone who signed up for the parade or anyone interested in being in the parade to your ideas for the costumes, giveaways and such will be warmly accepted and to keep it to 1 questions can be sent to my email or call me at 302-236-9617. Many Thanks, Mary Kendall Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 12 – St. Patrick’s Day need marchers for St. Paddy's Day parade 3/12/ will meet at Beach Copy on 59th street at 10:00 am. Bring drinks so we can party before parade (spot a pot on site). Those who can come to the Turtle after the parade to have some free food on second you have last year’s shirt or need a shirt let me Tony 410 627 7696.
- Members please bring plastic or paper shopping bags to the monthly Roost bags will be taken to Diakonia by Eric for use in distributing food donations to the community.
- Dues are past due. Again, it's $30 per member; please make checks out to Ravens Roost # membership cards are white this year, hoping to make them easier to read when you wear them to every meeting. Hopefully, you still have the plastic holder from last year to use again this your dues to me at: 126 Pine Tree Rd., Ocean City, MD 21842. Thanks,
- Entertainment Committee:
All members are welcome to join the committee! We need more participation from all members. Next Entertainment Committee meeting March 9, 6 pm @ the Original Greene Turtle.
2016 Roost Entertainment Activities
- St. Patricks Day Parade - March 12
- March Madness Party - Date to be determined
- Harrington Spring Bus Trip - April 8:
- $20 per person - covers bus, $15 slot play and $7 towards buffet
- Balance of the buffet $6 cash or comp
- Pick up @ Montego Bay 8:30 am; Rose's on Rt.113 9 am.
- Leave Harrington 3 pm.
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 302.236.9617
- Boardwalk Bike/Walk 2nd Saturday of every month starting May 14. Meet at 27th St.
- Council of Roosts Parade - June 4
- Summer Picnic - July 9, White Horse Park, Ocean Pines
- Shorebirds Game. Tentative date 7/21/16 (Thursday night). From Ron:
- Shorebirds game w/ Hardball Cafe Buffet:
- We need to get a real good estimate on how many are interested in this event because of a minimum requirement to book reservations & also to pay a required deposit of 30%. At this point this date is available for us.
- The Hardball Cafe is a section behind home plate with reserved seating at tables & chairs to eat, drink & watch the game with a buffet of hamburgers, Esskay hot dogs, BBQ Purdue chicken legs, mac & cheese, watermelon, popcorn & n/a this is also a "Thirsty Thursday" promotion, CL & ML 16 0z. beers & Pepsi products will be just $ cost is $27pp which includes the game ticket.
- Please consider this & be prepared to sign up at the next meeting. If we get a good count we can go ahead with booking & ask for some money up front at the March this point a bus is not planned unless we get a school type bus as a favor for gas cost, driver tip & a free admission.
- Inclusion of friends & relatives is under consideration.
- UPDATE: As of 2/16, we have 31 (29 members + 2 guests) signed up for the Shorebirds event on Thursday 7/21/16.
- The Hardball Cafe & buffet has been booked for us & a deposit has been would be good if even more people sign up so have a nice cushion for possible cancellations (the minimum group size is 30 with realistically no maximum).
- Right now, we need some more people to pay the $27pp cost so we can fulfill our deposit check made out to Ron Apperson can be sent to him at 37899 Swann Drive, Selbyville, De. 19975 or brought to the next meeting on 3/10/16.
- Important dates:
- 5/12/16 meeting - all money due for signed up people.
- 6/09/16 meeting - final for signing up, so ticket balance can be paid.
- 6/10/16 - balance paid & tickets ordered for later receiving
- 7/14/16 meeting - tickets to be distributed at meeting
- Note: "Stragglers" can be added to our group on 7/15/16 but those tickets will have to be ordered & paid for at the Will Call window by those people.
- Dover Air Force Base and Dogfish Brewery Tours - October 15 tentative
- Bull and Oyster Roast - Date to be determined in October
- Christmas Party - December 10
Other Proposed Activities Under Discussion
- Day trip to Chincoteague or Onancock
- Pub Crawl at Kent Narrows
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Saturday, March 5 - Dagsboro FD Fundraiser, 5 pm - 11 pm - Pull - Peel – Pick. Tickets $35 - All you can eat shrimp and pulled auction, Live auction, Bob Kendall firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, March 19 - Rimel's Spaghetti dinner for Camp (a camp for kids with diabetes) at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church Community Life Center at 10301 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD is a dinner for a camp we have supported and many have attended this wonderful and fun year, in addition to the ticket drop with nearly 100 different prize baskets and dinner coupons, they are adding a live auction with overnight stays, a handyman's dream tool package and much have seen some of the baskets and I can't wait to get my tickets for the ticket year I won a fantastic massage, mani/pedi package and the year before I won a Ravens will have a Ravens basket again this Cost is: $10.00 for Adults - $5.00 for children 12 & under and I have advance me know if you would like tickets!! Checks can be made payable to Spaghetti for . Thank you, Tonja Sas, 410-250-1046, email@example.com.
- Saturday, March 19 –Ravens Roost 96 Bull & Oyster Roast, Hooters West OC.
- The phone rings and the wife pervert, with heavy breathing says, "I bet you have a tight ass with no hair!"
The wife says, "I do. He's watching T.V. Whom shall I ask is calling?
- A blonde is suffering from a sore throat so she goes to see a explains the problem to the doctor who asks her to sit gets out his light and says “open wide”.
“I can’t” replied the blond, “this chair’s got arms on it.”
- An visited one of the ships of the line under his eating breakfast with the crew he was impressed to see the Navy insignia stamped on every went to the Chief cook to ask how this feat was done, so it could be used on other ships under his Chief replied, “I’d be glad to share that with you, each biscuit is cut, I just slap it here against my belt buckle, which bears the Navy insignia.
Horrified, the Admiral exclaims “That’s very unhygienic!”
The Chief shrugs and replies “Well, if that’s the way you feel, sir, I suggest you avoid the doughnuts.
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory