Roost #44 Poop
· Dates to Remember:
o Friday – WCS Meeting @…
o Entertainment Committee Meeting, August 10 @ 6 pm. Location TBD.
· Members please bring plastic or paper shopping bags to the monthly Roost meetings. The bags will be taken to Diakonia by Eric for use in distributing food donations to the community.
· Ticket Exchange:
o Season tickets for sale: 4 seats Section 506 Row 10 Seat 1-4, $3080. Please contact Geof Storm at 443-241-4858 or Kathi Storm at 410-596-0810.
o Season Tickets For Sale: Section: 530, Row 14, Seats 24 & 25. Cost $1544 (face value). Contact Mike Grimes at 410.251.6821 for further information. Note: These tickets are not mine.
o PSL'S AND TICKETS. PSL'S sec 539 row 17 seats 1,2 and 3 (1 is the aisle seat) $1,200 ea per PSL $3600 total for PSL'S. Season tickets for these seats also available. Bill C 443-513-1697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Road Trip: Please see this month's Ravens Caw for trip information, or call Gary, 443-618-9972. You do not have to be going to the game in order to buy a shirt. Please see/call Gary for more information.
· Season Bus: There will be a meeting at 6:30 pm on Thursday, August 11th, at the Elks Lodge located at 137th Street prior to the Roost's monthly meeting. Monies for the seats are due by August 1st. The cost is $200 per seat. Make the check out to Ravens Roost #44 and mail it to Mike Grimes at 108 S. Ocean Dr., Ocean City, MD 21842.
· Penguin Swim: SAVE THE DATE!! Wednesday Sept 7th. OC RR44 2016 Bar-Hop Cruise to benefit the Ravens Roost #44 Penguin Swim Team in support of the Atlantic General Hospital Penguin Swim. ALL MONEY RAISED IS DONATED TO AGH. Meet at MR Ducks. HH prices on food and drinks till 6pm. 5:45pm board “The Explorer” with Capt. Jack. Boat leaves PROMPTLY at 6pm Will return about 10 pm. Cash bar on boat. Itinerary will be available soon. LIMITED TO 65 PEOPLE. This sells out fast so please sign up early. Send an email to email@example.com to reserve a spot.
· Entertainment Committee:
All members are welcome to join the committee! We need more participation from all members.
2016 Roost Entertainment Activities
o Boardwalk Bike Ride/ Walk - 2nd Saturday of August, September & October. Meet at 27th Street at 9 AM. Afterwards some of us go to breakfast at the Sahara on Johnny Unitas Way (19th Street). Come join us for breakfast whether you did the Boards or not. Another opportunity to see old friends and make new ones.
o Crab Feast - October 1st at Shrimp Boat. Sign Up Sheet at next Roost Meeting.
o Dover Air Museum & Dogfish Brewer Tours Sat. 10/15/16. Plan is to leave OC about 8:30 am , tour the museum for about 2 1/2 hrs, then go to brewery in Milton where lunch is on your own $. Tours & tasting of 4 beers is free. We will leave for OC whenever everyone is done. Our only pre-paid cost will be for the bus & that depends on how many we have & what bus arrangements I can get. If the bus has no bathroom (last resort) we will stop as needed because we have no real schedule to stick with. The event will be limited to a manageable size of 25. We currently have 16. You can sign up by calling Ron at 302-436-4790. First come, first served: we will start a wait list after 25.
o Bull & Oyster Roast - October 29th, 2-6 PM at the American Legion on 23rd St. and Coastal Highway. This is our annual fund raising event! So bring your friends and family too. Tickets are $40. The menu includes pit beef, fried oysters, raw oysters, oyster stew, sausage & peppers & onions, sides, dessert, beer and soda. Cash bar. Live music by The Stims. Sign up Sheet at next Roost Meeting or send checks for $40 PP to Eric Waterman, 311 S. Ocean Drive, OC, MD 21842.
o Canned Food Drive - Bring canned goods to November 10th Roost meeting for local food bank.
o Christmas Party - December 10th, 6-10PM at the Cove Restaurant at Bayside.
o Last Game of the Season Party – T/B/D
o Other Activities Under Discussion
o Raft Up
o Tour of the Castle (Raven Training Facility)
o Tour of M&T Bank Stadium
o Day trip to Chincoteague or Onancock
o Pub Crawl at Kent Narrows
o Tour of Seacrets Distillery
o Tour of OC Brewing Company
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Tonight - Free Movies on the Beach - Carousel Hotel on 118th St., On the Beach at the Carousel Hotel. Enjoy free movies on the beach every Wednesday from June 1 to August 31 at the Carousel Hotel on 117th St. in Ocean City MD. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m. For more information, call 800-626-2326.
Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:\
o July 27: Pan
o August 3: Annie (2014)
o August 10: The Blind Side
o August 17: Hotel Transylvania 2
o August 24: Minions
o August 31: Star Wars; The Force Awakens
· Tonight - Free Concerts on the Beach, On the Beach at the Caroline Street Stage. Free, live entertainment while you relax on the beach Wednesday nights from July 13 to August 31 (except July 27) from 8:00pm - 9:30pm. Enjoy tribute bands and local favorites. Treat yourself to a collection of summer beach music, watch the sun set, view the sparkling blue ocean and dance by moonlight. There is no better setting for relaxing than Concerts on the Beach. The beach beat will have your hands clapping and your toes tapping to the variety of entertainment. For more information about Concerts on the Beach, call 410-250-0125. Entertainment subject to change without notice.
Season Concert Schedule:
o August 3 - Rising Sun (Reggae)
o August 10 - Anthony "Swamp Dog" Clark (Blues / Funk)
o August 17 - Zydeco-a-Go-Go (Creole Zydeco)
o August 24 - The Beach Bumz (Beach Music)
o August 31 - Funk Shue (Funkiest 4 on the Shore)
· Tonight - Huey Lewis & the News at Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage. As they enter their 36th year together, Huey Lewis and The News are still one of America’s great rock ’n’ roll bands. Their contagious brand of music has outlasted trends — having sold more than 20 million albums — and is as fresh today as ever. These Grammy Award winners have written and performed Top 10 hits, such as “Heart of Rock & Roll,” “Hip To Be Square,” “The Power of Love,” which was featured in “Back to the Future,” and nominated for an Academy Award. The band’s live shows are extra special as they incorporate a variety of musical influences, including R&B and soul to create their own unique sound. One of the highlights of the show is their a cappella rendition of early rock ’n’ roll classics such as “It’s Alright,” “Little Bitty Pretty One” and “Sixty Minute Man.” $42 – $100. Assigned seating.
· Tomorrow – Sunset Park Party Nights - Free Concert, S. Division St. & the Bay. Free Concerts Open to the Public Every Thursday Night in July and August from 7pm – 9pm.
Enjoy a free concert while watching the sun set over the Isle of Wight Bay...the perfect location in Ocean City! Sunset Park is located along South Division Street between Philadelphia Avenue and the Bay, next to the US Coast Guard Station in downtown Ocean City MD.
All concert admissions and parking are free and open to the public. Beverages, including beer, are available for purchase.
Please bring your own chair.
o July 28 - Tom Larsen (Blues)
o August 4 - British Invasion Experience (Beatles Tribute Band)
o August 11 - Full Circle (Blues / R&B / Jazz)
o August 18 - Eastern Electric (Progressive / Blues)
o August 25 - Sir Rod (Rod Stewart Tribute)
For more information, call 410-289-7739.
· Tomorrow - Summer Concert Series at Indian River Inlet, Delaware Seashore State Park at the Indian River Inlet. Join us at the North Inlet Day Area Gazebo for live music performances every Thursday this summer! Bring a chair and a picnic and watch the sun set over the Indian River Bay while enjoying a variety of local performers. A park naturalist will offer a hands-on activity, making this fun for the whole family!
o July 28 - Monkee Paw Acoustic Duo: Classic & Modern Variety
o August 4 - Clifford Keith Acoustic Duo
o August 11 - Matt Young: Acoustic Folk Rock
o August 18 - Twice Removed: Classic Rock
· Tomorrow - Kevin MaC Band at Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage. National touring country music artist Kevin Mac wins over audiences with his warm, exuberant personality, before a single note leaves his mouth. Born in King George County, Virginia, MaC was bred on country/bluegrass music. He just needs his guitar and an audience. “I feed off the energy from the crowd and I love to tell a story,” he said. “There’s nothing that makes me happier.” Over the course of his career, he has opened for Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts and even The Band Perry and has written or collaborated with accomplished songwriters, such as The Statler Brothers. In 2014, he signed his first major record publishing deal. Free. Bring Your Own Chair.
· Friday thru Monday - Greek Festival, Delmarva's Largest Greek Festival, Convention Center; 40th St. & Bay. Delmarva's Largest GREEK FESTIVAL!
The Roland Powell Convention Center, on 41st & Bay Side, will be transformed into a place for "All things Greek", feeding and entertaining thousands of Delmarva tourist and local families.
Doors open daily at 12 Noon to feed hungry Greek Festival goers authentic traditional Greek cuisine. All menu items are available for lunch or dinner times, dine in or carry out, including: Baked Lemon Chicken, Lamb Shank, Keftedes, Dolmathes, Spanakopitas, Tiropitas, Greek Salad, Pastitsio, Moussaka and Gyro Sandwich.
Have a leisurely lunch and shop from the many unique vendors of jewelry, imports and art. Then hit the beach and come back for dinner & dancing when the place really rocks, after 5:00PM, to the Greek sounds of Golden Flame. Not shy, grab a hand and dance! A little shy, O.K., enjoy watching the others, especially the Authentic Greek Dance Performers.
Feelin’ lucky? Buy a ticket or two for "The Best Odds in Town 1:100 Chance to Win up to $5000" enough for your own Greek vacation!
For dessert, enjoy a REAL Greek Coffee and some sweets from the amazing selection of pastries or have a hot bowl of fresh loukoumathes (fried dough puffs topped with honey syrup and cinnamon) or our Festival famous rice pudding, or one of each! To extend your Greek Festival! experience stock up on pastries like Baklava and Greek cookies, they freeze great, (if they last that long)
Admission is Free!
Plenty of free parking, air conditioned hall, handicap access, ATM on site. Visa/MasterCard/Discover accepted for food and vendor purchases.
For more information call St. George Greek Orthodox Church 410-524-0990 or visit www.stgeorgebythesea.org/greek-festival/
All Greek Festival proceeds benefit the community and ministry programs of St. George Greek Orthodox Church.
· Friday/Monday - Free Movies on the Beach - 27th Street, On the Beach at 27th Street. Enjoy free movies on the beach every Monday and Friday from June 20 to August 5. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m. For more information, call 410-250-0125.
Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:
o July 29: Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2
o August 1: Pan
o August 5: Minions
· Friday - Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot at Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage. Mike DelGuidice and Big Shot celebrate the music of Billy Joel. Mike was handpicked and hired by Billy Joel himself and is currently on tour with him playing acoustic guitar and vocals. Mike and his band — which is made up of other members of Billy Joel’s Band — are well known and respected for providing superior entertainment. Mike and Big Shot perform all of Billy Joel’s greatest hits and even some of the lesser known tunes. True Billy Joel fans will be blown away after experiencing Big Shot live. The band includes Mike DelGuidice, John Scarpulla, Tommy Byrnes, Carmine Giglio, Chuck Burgi and Nick Dimichino. $20. Children are free. Bring your own chair.
· Saturday (morning) - Jungle John's Jurrasic Journey at Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage. Jungle John’s Jurassic Journey is an educational and fun show, highlighting dinosaur facts, sharing dinosaur artifacts, and doing live demonstrations with Dolly the T-Rex. “Jungle John” has been entertaining in the Tri-State area, and around the United States, since 1988. After receiving a degree in zoo keeping from Santa Fe College in Gainesville, Florida, he became supervisor at the Brandywine Zoo in Wilmington, Delaware for over six years. In addition to animal care and supervisory responsibilities, he did animal shows for their traveling zoo program. Free. Bring Your Own Chair.
· Sunday - Somerset Plaza - Free Live Concerts & OC Cruzer Classic Car Display, Somerset Plaza between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. Enjoy a new series of FREE special events and concerts on Somerset Plaza, located on Somerset Street between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Avenue in downtown Ocean City. All events start at 3pm. OC Cruzer cars will be on display during all music events. Somerset Plaza is a semi-pedestrian street that is closed to all vehicular traffic during these special events.
Save The Dates... 2016 Concert Schedule:
o August 7: Loving Cup (Rock)
o September 11: British Invasion Experience (Beatles tribute)
o September 25: TBA
Entertainment subject to change without notice.
For more information, call 410-289-7739.
· Sunday - Sundaes in the Park - Free Concert, Family Fun & Fireworks, Northside Park. Outdoor live music, children's activities, ice cream and fireworks...what could be better?
Bring your picnic basket and beach chairs to Northside Park, located at 125th Street and the Bay for ice cream sundaes, live entertainment, children's activities and fireworks. All entertainment is free. Create your own ice cream sundae with delicious toppings for a small price. Listen to your musical favorites and watch the sunset over the beautiful Assawoman Bay. Fireworks start at 9pm. For more information call 410-250-0125.
Live Music Schedule
o July 31 - Mike Hines & The Look (High Energy Dance Band)
o August 7 - Front Page News (Rock)
o August 14 - Quiet Fire (Soul Show)
o August 21 - The Groove Train (Disco Party)
o August 28 - Jesse Garron's Tribute to Elvis
o September 4 - The Janitors (Variety)
· Sunday - OC Beach Lights Spectacular - Lasers, lights, video, music and special effects, The Beach at North Division Street. Returning to Ocean City this summer is the fun and exciting free event for the entire family, OC Beach Lights Spectacular! These shows featuring lasers, lights, video, fireworks, music, special effects and audio production all displayed on a 5 story tall giant beach ball will light up the beach at North Division Street. The show is visible along the south end of the beach and boardwalk with the best viewing area on the Boardwalk at North Division Street. Show times are 9:30pm, 10:00pm and 10:30pm. Each show is approximately 8 minutes in length.
· Monday/Friday - Free Movies on the Beach - 27th Street, On the Beach at 27th Street. Enjoy free movies on the beach every Monday and Friday from June 20 to August 5. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m. For more information, call 410-250-0125.
Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:
o August 1: Pan
o August 5: Minions
· Tuesday - Family Beach Olympics - Free Family Fun, On the Beach at 27th St. Enjoy free family fun on the beach! Each Tuesday evening features a variety of contests for all ages. Events include sand castle contests, tug-of-war, relay games, and more. All activities are free and are offered from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Children must be accompanied by adults. For more information, call 1-800-626-2326.
· A man meets a woman at a bar and asks her
"Would you have sex with me for 10 million dollars?"
Without skipping a beat she screams
The man then asks
"What about for $20?"
She looks at him sideways and says
"What do you think I am, a whore?"
The man says
"We've already established that you are, now we're just negotiating."
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory