Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez – Treasurer Sandy Taras and I will present a new annual budget for the Roost at the next Board of Directors meeting. Please be aware that next January, ALL Board of Directors and Officers of the Roost will be open. Please consider stepping up to be part of a new 2019 leadership team for Roost #44.
Looking forward to Shorebird game and Annual Picnic this summer.
Remember that your Roost Membership card entitles you to a 20% discount on food, beverage & apparel purchases at the Original Greene Turtle (116th St.). We encourage all Roost members and committees to patronize the Original Greene Turtle!
Remember that we collect plastic grocery bags at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (Local Food Bank & Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pickup truck is parked in front of OC 360 at every Roost meeting. Simply put your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck. This is a great way to recycle plastic bags for a good cause.
· Dates to Remember:
o July 12 – Monthly meeting @ OC 360, 7:30pm.
o July 14 – Summer Picnic @ White Horse Park. Details soon!
o July 19 – Shorebirds Game
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. I am still accepting dues. Susan White, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Road Trip: Bus Trip to Charlotte: No bus for Charlotte due to lack of interest. For those still wanting to go, call me and I will give you info on the hotel. I will need $100 per person for tickets to the game. I will order the tickets when I receive deposits from all who are going. I need the deposits NOW. My address is 38329 Maple Lane, Selbyville, DE 19975. My # is 410.627.7697 call or text, or email .
· Apparel: 20th Anniversary Gear in Stock! There a few 20th Anniversary T shirts, Hoodies and Long Sleeve Shirts available in three colors - Black, Purple and Gray. Call me at if you're interested. Thanks, Eric.
· Ticket Exchange:
o 2 Raven PSL's in section 503 isle seats for sale, negotiable. He can be reached at 410-913-4700. (Chad Baker)
o Tentative Entertainment Schedule 2018
§ July 14 – Annual Picnic
§ July 19 – Shorebirds Game - Shorebirds Event Thursday evening 7/19/18: $28pp (includes 2 hr. buffet, table/chair seating, giveaway visor & $2 pint cans)
We now have 35 members and guests signed up + 2 others (bus drivers) that we pay only for food. All have paid except 2 which must be paid at the June meeting. That is the deadline date as the tickets will be ordered this Friday. The tickets will be distributed at the July meeting or possibly at the picnic if I have them in time. Any one not at either place and not going by the bus must make other arrangements by contacting me at 302-436-4790 or . Tickets can be picked up at the bus but will not be handed out at the game except for being left for them at the WILL CALL window. Have ID for that; everyone on the bus will be going directly inside when we get there.
There are 22 bus riders. The round trip cost will be $10pp. You can pay Ron cash only at the June or July Roost Meeting or at the bus before we leave at 5:30pm on game nite. The yellow school bus (with a/c) will be behind Montego Bay SC. Do not forget to bring your game tickets to the bus that nite !
§ September 29 – Crab Feast
§ November ? – Harrington Bus Trip
§ December 7 – Christmas Party
o Potential Activities Under Discussion
§ Bus Trip to Canton
§ Duckaneer Cruise
§ Pub Crawl Kent Island
§ Eastern Shore Ghost Bus Tour
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Now thru Labor Day - - Lasers, lights, video, music and special effects, The Beach at North Division Street. Returning to Ocean City this summer is the fun and exciting free event for the entire family, OC Beach Lights Spectacular!
Beach Lights will begin Memorial Day weekend and run nightly through Labor Day from 9pm to 11pm. Special 3-minute displays at 9:00pm, 9:20pm, 9:40pm, 10:00pm, 10:20pm, 10:40pm, and 11:00pm.
This lighting attraction features high-powered searchlights that accent the sky and surrounding area around N. Division Street and the Boardwalk. Searchlights move and sway, creating a dance of light to musical selections played through boardwalk speakers. The lights change into a variety of colors, bathing the surrounding beachscape and boardwalk in vibrant colors.
· Tonight - - Carousel Resort Hotel and Condominiums. Enjoy free movies on the beach in Ocean City Maryland every Wednesday from June 6 to August 29 at the Carousel Hotel on 117th St. in Ocean City MD. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts at dusk. For more information, call 800-626-2326.
Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:
o June 27: Paddington 2
o July 11: Nut Job 2, Nutty By Nature
o July 18: CoCo
o July 25: The Lego Ninjango Movie
o August 1: Leap
o August 8: Justice League
o August 15: Cars 3
o August 22: Moana
o August 29: Wonder Woman
· Thursday – Freeman Stage at Bayside – The Hunts, 7pm, Free. Known for their harmony-laced take on alt-folk, The Hunts are a Chesapeake, Virginia-based band of seven siblings who’ve been playing music together almost their entire lives. Twin sisters Jessi and Jenni and five brothers Josh, Jonathan, Jordan, Justin, and Jamison, now ranging in age from 26 down to 17, learned to sing and play violin as young kids and spent much of their childhood performing in their community. Inspired by shared memories, The Hunts have created songs that capture heartache and wonder with a wide-eyed but wistful elegance. The Hunts hold true to a songwriting process that taps into each member’s unique strengths but remains intensely collaborative. That unified approach infuses their music with an irresistible richness of spirit. Their songs are artfully arranged yet instilled with a graceful simplicity. BYOC- Bring Your Own Chair.
· Friday – Freeman Stage @ Bayside - Party Rock- Hits from the '80s-2000s!, 7pm, $20. Party Rock - Celebrate the hits from the '80s-2000s! Get ready to sing along to your favorite mega-hits from '80s, '90s, 2000s, and today's Top 40! Performing your favorite hits from Prince, Bruno Mars, Blink 182, Kelly Clarkson, Daft Punk, Run DMC, Spice Girls, The Killers, Flo Rida, Macklemore, ACDC, Journey, Donna Summer, Madonna, Dr. De, Snoop Dogg and more. If you loved Back to The Eighties Show with Jessie's Girl, you will love Party Rock! Children age 12 & under are granted free entry to this performance. BYOC- Bring Your Own Chair.
· Saturday – Freeman Stage @ Bayside - Bruce Hornsby & The Noisemakers with special guest The Wood Brothers, 7pm, $55. Bruce Hornsby’s work displays a creative iconoclasm that’s been a constant in the artist’s two-and-a-half decade recording career. His commercial stock soared early on, when “The Way It Is” — the title track of his 1986 debut album — became one of the most popular songs on American radio. Despite his early mainstream successes, Hornsby has pursued a more personal, idiosyncratic musical path, focusing on projects that sparked his creative interest, including collaborations with the Grateful Dead, Spike Lee, Ricky Skaggs, Don Henley, Ornette Coleman, Bob Dylan, Bela Fleck, Bonnie Raitt, Pat Metheny, and Robbie Robertson. Hornsby’s performance will offer a glimpse of a restless spirit who continues to push forward into exciting new musical terrain.
The Wood Brothers’ sixth and latest album, "One Drop of Truth," dives headfirst into a deep wellspring of sounds, styles and influences. Whereas their previous outings have often followed a conceptual and sonic through-line, here the long-standing trio featuring brothers Oliver and Chris Wood along with Jano Rix treat each song as if it were its own short film. The plaintive, country-folk of the album’s opening track “River Takes The Town” gives way to the The Band-esque Americana soul of “Happiness Jones.” The wistful ballad “Strange As It Seems” floats on a cloud of stream of consciousness, standing in stark contrast to “Sky High” — a Saturday night barnburner built upon stinging slide guitar funk. “Seasick Emotions” is rife with turmoil, yet “Sparking Wine” is jaunty and carefree. The end result is undeniably The Wood Brothers’ most dynamic recording to date.
This performance will offer limited Premium Assigned Seating tickets and General Admission tickets. Tickets are required for all patrons, including infants and toddlers.
· Sunday - , Somerset Plaza between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. Enjoy viewing classic cars while listening to live music in Ocean City Maryland. OC Cruzers will display approximately 15 vehicles along Somerset Street Plaza. The owners of the vehicles will supervise and educate spectators about their older cars. Live music or DJ will be provided. Select Sundays 2:30pm to 6pm. For more information, call 410-289-7739 or visit . Music Schedule TBA.
Save the Dates:
· July 15
· Aug 12
· Sep 9, 23
· Sunday - - Northside Park. Sundaes in the Park is the ultimate free family event in Ocean City Maryland. Outdoor live music, children's activities, ice cream and fireworks provided every Sunday from 7pm - 9pm during the summer. Fireworks start at 9pm. What could be better?
Bring your picnic basket and beach chairs to Northside Park, located at 125th Street and the Bay for ice cream sundaes, live entertainment, children's activities and fireworks. All entertainment is free. Create your own ice cream sundae with delicious toppings for a small price. Listen to your musical favorites and watch the sunset over the beautiful Ocean City bay. For more information call 410-250-0125.
Summer 2018 Schedule - Save the Dates!
o July 1 - OH BOY! (A tribute to Buddy Holly)
o July 8 - Kick it Out (Heart Tribute Show)
o July 15 - The Stickers (country rock)
o July 22 - Guys in Thin Ties (80's)
o July 29 - Mike Hines & The Look (high energy dance)
o August 5 - The Janitors (music for happy feel)
o August 12 - Front Page News (rock)
o August 19 - Jesse Garron's Tribute to Elvis
o August 26 - Ragdoll (Frankie Valli Tribute)
o September 2 - Triple Trail Turn (modern country)
· Monday & Friday - The Beach on 27th Street. Enjoy free movies on the beach at 27th St. in Ocean City Maryland every Monday and Friday from June 25 to August 17. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m. For more information, call 410-250-0125.
Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:
o June 29: The Storks
o July 2: Beauty and the Beast (2017)July 6: The Lion King
o July 9: Despicable Me 3
o July 13: The Incredibles
o July 16: Cars 3
o July 20: Wreck It Ralph
o July 23: The Emjoi Movie
o July 27: Paddington 2
o July 30: A Bug's Life
o August 3: Wall-E
o August 6: Wonder
o August 10: Big Hero 6
o August 13: Sherlock Gnomes
o August 17: CoCo
· Monday – Freeman Stage at Bayside - The Four Tops & The Temptations, 7pm, $50 - $85. For more than 50 years, The Temptations have prospered, propelling popular music with a series of smash hits, and sold-out performances throughout the world. The history of The Temptations is the history of contemporary American pop. An essential component of the original Motown machine, that amazing engine invented by Berry Gordy, The Temps began their musical life in Detroit in the early '60s. An avalanche of hits followed, including "The Way You Do the Things You Do," "My Girl," "Papa Was A Rolling Stone," and "Ain't Too Proud to Beg." The current lineup includes Otis Williams, Ron Tyson, Terry Weeks, Larry Braggs and Willie Greene Jr.
The Four Tops, formed in 1953, are a highly respected American soul, R&B and Motown vocal quartet hailing from Detroit, Michigan. Their first Motown hit, “Baby I Need Your Loving” in 1964, made them stars and their '60s track record on the label are indispensable to any retrospective of the decade. Their songs, “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch),” “It’s The Same Old Song,” and “Reach Out I’ll Be There.” were across-the-board successes and long-standing favorites to many. In 1990, The Four Tops were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.
Tickets required for all patrons, including infants and toddlers. No re-entry permitted. Seats are provided in assigned seating section. Seats are not provided or permitted in Standing Room Only section.
· Tuesday - , On the Beach at 27th St. Family Beach Olympics are back by popular demand! Bring the whole family out for these fun-filled activities. All skill levels welcome! Activities include sand castle contests, tug-of-war, relay games and more. All activities are free! Parents are asked to stay with their children. For more information, call Denise Ortega at 410-250-0125. Tuesdays from June 26 to August 14 at 27th Street Beach from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
· They say that excessive masturbation will cause you to become forgetful. Not only that, but they say that excessive masturbation will cause you to become forgetful.
· I’m writing for a good friend of mine. His wife told him to go out and obtain some of those pills that would help him get an erection. When he came back, he handed her diet pills. Anyway, he’s looking for a place to live.
· A blonde woman strode angrily into the large store, slapped a package on the counter, and loudly expressed her dissatisfaction. The clerk asked “What’s the problem? Wouldn’t your cat eat them?” The blonde’s eyes got very large, and she whispered “Do you mean to tell me that ‘Pussy Treats’ are for cats?”
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.
· I’ll be on vacation for the next couple weeks, so the next Poop will be on July 18. I’m sure y’all can make do without it!