Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. What a game against the Chargers! Now it's time to BEAT The BROWNS!
The Nominating Committee Chair Bob Munroe announced the candidates for the Board and Officers at the December 14th Roost meeting. The election will be held at the January 10, 2019 Roost meeting. There are currently no candidates for President.
2019 Golf Scholarship Committee Meeting January 3, 2019 at the Greene Turtle at 5:30. Come and check out whether its something you would like to get involved with. Marc Grimes was presented with a special recognition for his many years of leadership at our Roost meeting on December 14th. Thanks again Marc for all the time and leadership that you donated over the years.
ROOST 44 QUILT RAFFLE
If you haven't already purchased raffle tickets for the beautiful handmade Roost quilt that Martha Worthington made, please contact Donna Chaplinski 410-627-7697 or myself at 410-598-4597 as soon as possible. The tickets are only $5.00 and only 300 will be sold. This is the one fund raising effort for the Roost in 2018. We could use more volunteers to help sell the tickets ASAP!
See Gary Miller's report below. Come on out and enjoy this unique event that is a major charitable event for Roost #44. Donate or become a Penguin.
Remember your Roost Membership card gives you 20% off all food and drink at the Greene Turtle. We encourage all Roost members and committees to support the Turtle.
See you at the Penguin Swim New Years Day
· Dates to Remember:
o 1/1 – Penguin Swim
o 1/3 – Scholarship Golf Committee Meeting
o 1/9 – Entertainment Committee Meeting
o 1/10 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 2/21 – Mini Golf Tournament
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. I am still accepting dues. Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Ticket Exchange:
o I would like to sell Browns vs Ravens December 30. There are two seats Section 101, Row 32 seats 20 and 21. Visitors side the sunny side. Asking for face value for the tickets. Must buy both. Please call Marius Ambrose at 302-947-4168.
o Matt Herrmann has tickets for sale to all remaining games. 2 tickets section 519 row 17 $75 each; 4 tickets section 527 row 15 $125 each.
o 4 Club Level Tickets for sale. 12/30 Cleveland Browns game. Section 250. Row 9. Seats 7-10. Parking pass for Lot L. Value $1,100. Sales price only $750. Call Marc Grimes at 302-222-0159.
· Penguin Swim: There is still time to join the Roost Penguin Swim Team! Just go to “aghpenguinswim.org”, click on Join a Team, click on Ravens Roost 44, and sign up. If you don't want to go in the water, please consider donating to the Team, one of its members, or purchase one (or 3) of the Raffle tickets. $10/each or 3 for $25.
Contact me for tickets or you can get them at the December meeting. Remember that the AGH Penguin Swim is one of the 2 official Roost 44 charities, so your donation is going to support of a true OC Ravens Roost #44 cause.
The Team has a hospitality suite at the Princess Royale and all are welcome to come and cheer us on as we “get wet for a good cause”.
Raffle Ticket info is on the attached flyer.
o Entertainment committee meeting 1/9, 11am, at the Original Greene Turtle.
o Tickets for quilt still available. See Donna at the meeting.
o Entertainment Schedule 2018:
§ Thursday Feb. 21st 3rd Annual Mini Golf Tournament - Plans are in process and will proceed if sufficient interest is shown. Venue will be Old Pro Indoor course on 136th St. from 7 - 9pm for play + 9 - 10pm at Original Greene Turtle for food and prizes. Drinks there are on your own.
This event is open to family and friends (no minors please) because we need at least 36 players to make this work. As usual there will be beer, wine, soda and water while we play and includes a food spread after play while scores are checked and prizes are awarded. Cost will be $28pp, cash or check payable to Ron Apperson (possible rebate or higher prizes depending on no. of players).
A signup sheet will be available at the Jan and Feb meetings. Since only 6 signed up at the Dec meeting; anyone not able to be at the Jan meeting, please signup by calling Ron (302-436-4790) or email .
Payment deadline will be the Feb 14th meeting but earlier would be appreciated so we can be sure about arranging the food and buying the drinks. A co - chairman to help Ron is desired now to facilitate someone new doing the event next year.
§ Potential Activities Under Discussion
· Bus Trip to Canton
· Duckaneer Cruise
· Pub Crawl Kent Island
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but you can go here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here for the list of affiliates.
· The Orioles have a new manager, Brandon Hyde! Follow all the Orioles news on MASN from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· Tomorrow thru New Years Eve - - Northside Park - Northside Park, 125th Street & the Bay. Admission is $5.00 for those 12 years & older, and FREE for those 11 years and younger.
For over twenty-five years, Winterfest of Lights has delighted families with its holiday light displays, music and attractions.
Take a ride through 58-acres of animated displays on the Winterfest Express. Board the train and enjoy the synchronized holiday music as you glide past spectacular lighted displays, including the Twelve Days of Christmas and other favorite holiday themes.
Visit the heated Winterfest pavilion, buy a cup of hot chocolate at the OC Recreation Boosters Café, and browse the Gift Shop for that special stocking stuffer or gift. Santa and Mrs. Claus are available for photos every night until December 23. On New Year’s Eve, ring in the New Year with entertainment, giveaways and fireworks at midnight. Be sure to visit Winterfest of Lights at Northside Park for that lasting holiday memory!
Hours: Sunday to Thursday 5:30PM to 9:30PM; Friday & Saturday 5:30PM to 10:30PM
· Friday - Chistmas Beer Pong Tournament - Benefits Worcester County Humane Society, The Original Greene Turtle. It's that time of year again, The Original Greene Turtle would like to cordially invite you to our 3rd annual BEER PONG TOURNAMENT! We encourage you to wear your Ugly Sweaters, Christmas Onesies, and Flannels! What is a Beer Pong Tournament without great drink specials?! We will have $2 Natural Light, $3 Fireball Shots, $4 Green Tea Shots and new this year, $6 Y Bombs!
Sign up for teams of two will start around 9:00 and end at 9:45 in order to put together the tournament brackets. There will be a LIMITED amount of teams that are able to participate due to time and space constraints, so please make sure you get there on time to sign up your team!!!
There will be a $10 buy-in PER TEAM - as ALL proceeds will go to the Worcester County Humane Society!
· A woman got on a bus holding a baby. The bus driver said "That's the ugliest baby I've ever seen." In a huff, the woman slammed her fare into the fare box and took an aisle seat near the rear of the bus.
The man seated next to her sensed that she was agitated and asked her what was wrong. "The bus driver insulted me." she fumed.
The man sympathized and said: "Why, he's a public servant and shouldn't say things to insult passengers."
You're right." She said. "I think I'll go back up there and give him a piece of my mind."
"That's a good idea." the man said. "Here, let me hold your monkey."
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.