Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
The Annual Raven Convention & Parade will be held at the Castle in the Sand from May 30 - June 2. We picked up information on the Convention and Parade at the February 15th Council meeting in Baltimore. Attached is the theme for the Convention. T Shirts with the theme will be available for order. Contact Convention Chair Jo Ann Elder (firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-250-5124) for information on Registration and ordering T Shirts, Tank Shirts and Sweatshirts. There is no rush and we will also have this information at the next Roost meeting on March 14 at OC 360. The parade will be on Saturday, June 1st. Susan Berterman is Chair of the Parade Committee.
The Golf Scholarship Committee will meet on Wednesday, March 13 at the Original Greene Turtle at 5:30. Come join us to see how you can help in this worthy cause of raising money for college scholarships for graduating seniors at Stephen Decatur High School, Indian River High School and Worcester Prep. This will be our 22nd Annual Tournament and it will be held on Friday, May 31st at the Ocean Pine Golf Course during the weekend of the Convention. We have several new members on the Committee but we are always looking for more! We will also need volunteers at the Golf Course to help manage the tournament. Come to the next meeting and check it out! Its a worthy cause that directly benefits our community. Information on our Tournament is available on our website as well as the Council of Raven Roost website - .
· Dates to Remember:
o 3/13 – Scholarship Golf Committee Meeting
o 3/15 – Harrington Casino Trip
o 3/16 – St. Paddy Parade
o 3/27 – Entertainment Committee Meeting
o 5/30-6/2 – Council Convention
o 5/31 – Scholarship Golf Tourney
o 6/1 – Convention Parade
o 7/14 – Annual Roost Summer Picnic
o 7/25 – Shorebirds Game
· Membership: Please mail your dues to: Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939. Still only $30 per year.
· Parade: Thanks to everyone that has signed up for the St. Paddy's Day parade. The plan right now is to meet at Beach Copy Saturday morning @ 10 am to decorate the truck and enjoy some pre-parade tailgating - BYOB ☺️. As always, there will be no parking available at Beach Copy.
We have ordered some purple vests to wear over our clothes, so it won't matter whether it's t shirt or parka weather.
Parade starts at 12, and we are planning a post parade get together for all who marched afterwards at the world famous, original Greene Turtle.
More details here in the Poop as the event gets closer. Thanks again! Susan.
· Scholarship Golf: Golf Tournament info and sign up sheets are up on the .
· Harrington Casino Trip:
o Date: Friday, March 15th
o Cost: $20.00 includes $7.00 towards lunch buffet and $15,.00 free slot play
o Leave Montego Bay at 8:30 am
o Leave Rose’s Parking lot DE at 9 am
o Leave Harrington at 3PM for Home
o To sign up please contact:
§ Mary Kendall 302-236-9617 or email:
§ Joann Elder 410-251-4360 or 410-250-5124
§ Entertainment meeting 3/27, 1pm, at the Original Greene Turtle.
§ Entertainment Schedule 2019:
· Sunday, July 14 – Annual Roost Summer Picnic. Details soon.
· Thursday, July 25 - Our annual Shorebirds event for $28 pp including:
o Game ticket behind home plate with table/chair seating in Hardball Cafe section.
o 2 hour buffet w/popcorn, hot dogs, burgers, barbecue chicken legs, sides, soda, tea.
o Orange Visor giveaway promo
o Thirsty Thursday $2 ML/CL 16oz. cans
o Optional Bus transportation - additional $$ depends on no. of riders (availability confirmed)
o Open to friends & family
o Signup sheet at meeting: Need at least 30 to get group contract, Currently at 20. Will return signed contract with deposit after meeting to reserve our spot if it looks like a go ! Signup with Ron @ 302-436-4790 or if not at meeting.
· Potential Activities Under Discussion
o Bus Trip to Canton
o Duckaneer Cruise
o Pub Crawl Kent Island
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but you can go here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· Tuesday - The Chieftains, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Six-time Grammy Award winners, the Chieftains are excited to perform traditional Irish Music on a Contemporary and International Scale for guests in Ocean City, Maryland. The Chieftains are known for their fresh and unique music! Don’t miss out on a performance like no other. Show Time: 7:30pm. Tickets: $75, $65, $49.
· Old Josh was sat in his garden, sunbathing in the deck chair when he noticed his grand-son kneeling on the lawn with a worm. When he asked his grandson what he was doing, he found that he was trying to push the worm down the hole from which it came.
"If you can get that worm back in that hole I'll give you ten dollars," said Josh.
His grandson sat and thought for a moment, then rushed into the house. A few minutes later he returned with his mother's hair spray. He picked up the worm by one end and, as he let it hang down, he sprayed it all over with the hair spray. The spray set and the worm became stiff and hard. It was now easy to push the worm back in the hole. Josh was amazed. He gave the boy ten dollars, picked up the hair spray and went indoors.
About an hour later Josh came back into the garden and gave his grand-son another ten dollars.
"But grandpa," said the boy, "you've already given me the ten dollars you promised."
"That's from your grandma," said Josh.
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.