Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
November meeting at the Bamboo Lounge in the Carousel Hotel at 7:30. Walk through the lobby toward the restaurant and the Bamboo Lounge is on the left side after walking up the steps. All members who will be paying the drink/food tab, please write your name on a sticky label given to you at the Sign In Table outside of the lounge.
If you have Sign Up Sheets for Roost functions or other information, they must be put on the Sign In Table. We don't want members wandering around before or during the meeting passing out information. You are welcome to sit at the Sign In Table if you have information or Sign In Sheets regarding Roost functions for the members
Less than 20 Football Sweepstake tickets left. They will be available at the Sign In Table. See announcement below.
Convention Cooler Bags available from The Prez for purchase for $20.00. Five dollars of the purchase price will be donated to the Scholarship Fund.
· Dates to Remember:
o 11/8 – Harrington Bus Trip
o 11/14 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 12/13 – Roost Christmas Party (at Mio Fratello’s)
· Membership: Please mail your dues to: Susan Berterman, 12290 Dixie Drive, Bishopville, MD, 21813. Still only $30 per year. We have 127 current paid members.
· Ticket Exchange:
o Nick Costa (non-Ravens Roost 44 member) is selling his Ravens’ PSLs and season tickets. Nick’s phone is 410-428-0131.
o 2 seats up for sale. They are Section 519, Row 17, Seats 7 & 8 - $1,350.00 for the whole season or I am selling for individual games. Thanks, Matt Herrmann firstname.lastname@example.org
o Tickets for sale for Texans and Jets (non-Ravens Roost 44 member) – Section 145, seats 3 & 4. Face value $102 each. Call Nancy 312.560.1627.
· Game Bus: The Ravens Bus will be running this year. Both Season Passes and Individual Games Seats are available (on a limited basis). Please contact Bill Regan for information. The pickup locations are as follows. Please arrive a few minutes early.
o Ocean City Elementary School - Departing 7:00 am. Address: 12828 Center Dr, Ocean City, MD 21842
o Worcester County Library Ocean Pines - Departing 7:30. Address: 11107 Cathell Rd, Berlin, MD 21811
o Roses Millsboro - Departing 8 am. Address: 29859 Dupont Blvd, Millsboro, DE 19966
My email address: email@example.com. My cell: 410-430-7902. Text is best.
· Penguin Swim:
o The OC Ravens Roost #44 Penguin Swim Team registration page is now available. Anyone wishing to join the Team, simply go to aghpenguinswim.org, click on "join a team", click on OC Ravens Roost #44, and then register. Note that it requires a $25 donation by credit card to register. If you were on the Team last year, be sure to click on "Returning Penguins" to get started. I will have more information on upcoming events at the Wednesday meeting.
o Attached is a release about a guest bartending event held Friday in Ocean Pines. Funds raised benefit Atlantic General Hospital through the annual Penguin Swim.
· Ravens Rap: Ravens Rap returns! Join Mike Bradley, Tony Lombardi, and a plethora of special guests every Monday as they review the previous week’s game and preview the upcoming game. Ravens Rap continues every Monday 6pm throughout the season. Drinks and food specials!
· Harrington Bus Trip
o Date: Friday November 8th, 2019
o Cost: $20.00
o Pickup Time: Montego Bay 8:15am, Rose’s 8:45
o Departure from Casino: 3pm
o Perks: $15.00 Free Slot Play, and $7.00 towards lunch buffet
o Contact: Mary Kendall, email: or cell phone: 302-236-9617, home phone: 302-934-7210
· Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes:
Hello Ravens Roost #44 - We have two $25 winners in Week 1! Tonja Sas and Les McKee - Congratulations!
Remember we are in the guaranteed winners program where we award at least 1 $25 winner each week. We can continue to activate tickets through the Week 4 deadline (November 16th), so join in the fun, it is not too late!
Please note: Game cards are not eligible to win prize money in any week prior to their activation, but will be eligible to win the grand prize at the end of the season.
Contact Michele Sardelis for Sweepstakes information…443-928-8286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
o Entertainment Schedule 2019:
§ Friday, December 13th, 6:30 – 9:30pm, Roost Christmas Party @ Mio Fratello’s in Fenwick Island. Live music, 3 drink tix per person. Dinner choices will be announced at the August Meeting. Price is $40pp, non-member spouse or SO $65.
§ See attachment to download/print selection form.
Call or text Donna @ 410-627-7597 or email @ chapshouse@comcast,net.
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but you can go here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· The Ravens 2019 Schedule is live! Go here for details.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN here from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· Friday, Saturday, & Sunday - Wizards & Witches Festival. The Wizards & Witches Festival is a family-friendly weekend-long festival celebrating wizards, witches, magic, and creativity! Along with spreading the love of reading and encouraging screen-less family fun, this festival aims to celebrate local businesses & the “Shop Local” movement.
Festival activities will take place in downtown Bethany Beach with a few scavenger hunt locations in the surrounding Quiet Resorts area.
Costumes are highly encouraged!
Please visit https://www.bethanybeachbooks.com/wizards-and-witches-festival-schedule to view the full event schedule!
· Monday - Ravens Rap Show - Chance To Win Tickets To Ravens Home Games, The Original Greene Turtle. Ravens Rap Show Live - all you need to know about your hometown team! Join your hosts Mike Bradley of 92.7 FM with his special guests each week for expert analysis, fun commentary and insider information. The Ravens Rap Show is filmed LIVE every Monday night from 6-7pm at The Original Greene Turtle! Every show you attend gets you more chances to win Ravens Tickets to home Ravens games vs the Bears, the Dolphins, the Lions and the Colts (must be present to win) and other giveaways from sponsors! While you are here, you might as well have a cold beer; $2.75 Miller Lite and Coors Light Bottles and Drafts and $2.75 Rail Drinks.
· A little kid was out trick-or-treating on Halloween dressed as a pirate. He rang a house's doorbell and the door was opened by a lady. "Oh, how cute! A little pirate! And where are your buccaneers?" she asked. The boy replied, "Under my buckin' hat."
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.