Roost #44 Poop
· (Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation)
· From the Prez –
Greetings to all…A reminder that our next meeting will be at the American Legion on November 12th @ 7:30…It’s Steelers week and should be a good game this coming Sunday…please be safe by wearing masks and practice social distancing as reported cases of the virus have been increasing…REMEMBER to set your clock back one hour this Sunday…
· Dates to Remember:
o 10/30-31/2020 – Penguin Swim Fundraising @ The Shrimp Boat
o 11/12/2020 – November Roost Meeting
o 12/10/2020 – December Roost Meeting
o 1/1/2021 – Penguin Swim
· Membership: We currently have 121 paid members. Thanks all!
· Wellness: Please contact Carol Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
· House: All monthly Roost meetings to be held at the American Legion @ 23rd Street until further notice.
· Penguin Swim: The OC Ravens Roost #44 “Penguin Swim Team” is once again raising money for Atlantic General Hospital as part of their 27th Annual Penguin Swim which takes place at the Princess Royal Hotel on New Years Day. Last year we raised over $14,700 and the total raised by the Team in the past twelve years is $126,991.
This is my 13th year as a member of the OC Ravens Roost #44 Penguin Swim Team. We normally hold several fundraising events throughout the year in addition to personal donations collected from friends and neighbors. This year, due to the Covid-19 concerns and restrictions, we have been restricted to just doing a raffle and one fundraising event at The Shrimp Boat in West OC on Fri. & Sat. 10/30-31. This has greatly restricted our fundraising efforts and made our personal requests for donations much more important. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated!!
The AGH Penguin Swim helps the hospital support a wide variety of programs and services. Last year, the hospital provided community benefits worth over $12 million. These benefits included health screenings, community education, immunizations, seminars and meetings, support groups and financial assistance.
You can be sure that your donation will be used where it is needed most to help the hospital accomplish its mission: To create a coordinated care delivery system that will provide access to quality care, personalized service and education to improve individual and community health.
Please make a donation to support my participation, along with the entire OC Ravens Roost 44 Team's effort to help this very worthy cause, our non-profit community hospital. Simply go to "www.aghpenguinswim.org", scroll down the left side of the page and click on "Search All Teams” Then click on “OC Ravens Roost 44”. Scroll down to “Team Members” and click on the name of the penguin you want to donate to (ME or Maggie) then fill out the requested info.
Remember, whether you live here or just visit the OC area, if you have a medical issue while here, you will probably wind up at Atlantic General Hospital. Help to make it the very best it can be.
We appreciate your help!
Gary & Maggie
For some great seafood, consider the Shrimp Boat "AGH Penguin Swim Appreciation Weekend". Also, the RR44 Penguin Swim Team is selling vintage Ravens Roost Convention and White Marlin Apparel.
See below for additional details.
· Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes 2020: Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes 2020. The Football Sweepstakes officially starts October 29,2020! The tickets are only $20 a piece and we have a guaranteed winner each week – It could be YOU!
Reach out to Michele via email or text to purchase tickets. We will have you mail payment checks to Michele, your purchaser ticket information (name, e-mail, phone, full mailing address), and stamped self-addressed envelopes for Michele to mail the tickets back to you. Or, we will email you photocopies of your sweepstakes tickets until we see each other in person.
If you want to get a “bundle” of Sweepstakes tickets to sell, contact Michele.
If you have any questions, please each out to Michele by email, text or phone:
· For the Good of the Roost:
o Entertainment meetings are suspended until further notice.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN here from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· Two brooms were hanging in the closet, and after they got to know each other a bit, decided to get married.
The bride broom looked very beautiful in her white dress. The groom broom was handsome and suave in his tuxedo. The wedding was lovely and attended by all the push brooms and dust mops.
After the wedding, at the wedding dinner, the bride broom leaned over and whispered to the groom broom, "We're soon going to have a little whisk broom!"
"Impossible!" said the groom broom, indignantly. "We haven't even swept together yet!!!"
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.