Roost #44 Poop
· Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation
· From the Prez –
Greetings to all
All I can say is WHAT A GAME on Sunday night.. Based on these last 2 games, it’s going to be a heart fluttering, hair pulling season..
Check on your football sweepstakes pool to see if you’re a winner..
Remember that the next meeting will be at the American Legion in OC…please enter on 23rd st side entrance
PLEASE MARK ON YOUR CALENDAR!!..the November meeting will be held on November 18th ..please check the House committee for verification ..
Till next time GO RAVENS..
· Dates to Remember:
o 9/30 – Booze Cruise
o 10/2 – Kent Island Pub Crawl
o 10/14 – October Roost Meeting
o 10/16 – Crab Feast
o 11/18 – November Roost Meeting (third Thursday due to Game on 11/11)
o 12/18 – Roost Christmas Party
· Membership: Membership roles have been updated and I’m pleased to announce we have 135 members. Thanks to all!
Applications for membership continue to be received, and introductions/votes will be made at the October meeting.
· Wellness: Please contact Carol Munroe at email@example.com if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
o Saturday October 2nd Kent Island pub crawl. We would like to reserve a bus, need 20 people minimum. Need to know as soon as possible who is interested in going. Details about price and times will be finalized once we have a count. If interested contact Kim Eder no later than Saturday 9/25 @ 410 726-0569 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
o Road Trip: The Road Trip is sold out and as of now, everything looks good for the trip to proceed. As we have all learned this past year however, things can change depending on how the COVID-19 issues develop. For those that are going on the trip, be sure to bring a couple masks. The stadium, hotel, and other public places may require them. If there is any change to the plans, I will let everyone know.
o Christmas Party 12/18/21: No money is to be paid at this time! We have assurance that Mio Fratello is capable of meeting all the conditions we desire but the cost has not been finalized. If the member cost ends up more than last years $40, you may remove your name from the list if you desire.
If you did not complete the forms at the meeting you will need to mail them to Donna as stated on the form or bring them to the October meeting. Please remember to make ALL the choices including steak temperature and your desired seating group. Anyone who turned in a previous form, must also complete a new one. If you do not attend the meeting you should download the form from the Poop attachment and get that to Donna or Ron as required.
There are currently 77 current and potential members signed up to attend. If we need to have a cutoff due to whatever reason it will be as of the end of the Sept. meeting. If that happens, the only exceptions will be for the members voted in at that meeting who have not yet signed up. Obviously, this is because they are not allowed to attend that meeting.
o Annual Crab Feast: To date, we only have 23 members signed up for the Crab Feast. There is plenty of room for more people to come!!
§ DATE; Sat. Oct. 16 TIME; 12:00 to 2:00 pm
§ LOCATION; The Shrimp Boat; 9724 Stephen Decatur Hwy., West OC
§ COST; $45/PP Checks made payable to; “OC Ravens Roost #44”
§ INCLUDED; All you can eat Md. Blue Crabs; Local Sweet Corn on the Cob; Fried Chicken; Hush Puppies; Draft Beer (Miller Lite, Coors Lite, HH prices on craft beers); Fountain Soda; Fresh Brewed Iced Tea; Service Fee
§ LAST DATE TO SIGN UP; Oct. 1st
§ Remember this is a Roost Members and their guest ONLY affair. Please let me know if you are interested in attending
· Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes 2021 – We are LIVE!
Ravens Roost #44 – We sold 126 tickets this year for a profit of $1,503.97 – Thank you so much for all your support!
Week 1 Winner - $25 Bonus Winner – D. Fohner
Week 2 Winner - $25 Bonus Winner – Les McKee
You can still purchase sweepstakes thru October 24, however you are not eligible to win for any prior weeks.
Get your Sweepstakes tickets at the October meeting from Michele, or go online and get your game card direct! Check out our website at: https://www.charitymania.com/give/ab015.
· Sweepstakes run for 17 weeks – From September 9 thru December 26
· Late ticket deadline 🡪 October 24 (not eligible to win for any prior weeks)
· We will have at least one guaranteed $25 bonus winner each week
· Prizes are awarded each week to the highest 25 game cards that score the most points
o First place - $400
o Second Place - $200
o Third place - $100
o Next 22 Runner ups - $25
∙ Prizes are awarded each week for the lowest scoring 5 game cards
o Lowest score - $50
o Next 4 Runner ups - $25
∙ Grand Prize Season ending
o Highest Valued Card of the Season - $1000
o Lowest Valued card of the Season - $200
∙ Cash Prizes will be awarded at the Monthly Meetings or by mail.
If you have any questions, please each out to Michele by email, text or phone:
Good luck to all!
· Season Bus: Individual Game Bus Tickets will be sold online this year. Here is the link: Ravens Roost Bus at Bus to Ravens Games event tickets from TicketSource
This will make it a lot easier for folks that want to go to single games.
· Apparel: The Roost online store will be open October 1. Great time to order Roost apparel for Christmas. Order in October and get delivery in November. Ravensroost44.itemorder.com.
· Penguin Swim Team:
o Thanks to everyone for your patience on the delays with this years Booze Cruise. The majority of responses I received from the previous email have said that Thursday 9/30 is the best date for most participants. The same bars will be open and I think that parking around MR Ducks should be ok for our event.
Please confirm with me that you can attend. If that date is not possible for you, let me know if you want a refund or to donate your fee to the Penguin Swim. If you want a refund, I can either tear up your check, or if you paid cash, mail you a check. If you choose that option, be sure to give me your address.
I look forward to hearing from everyone. Lets all hope that "the third time is the charm"!
Thanks, Gary. 443-618-9972
o We are still looking for new members to join the OC Ravens Roost 44 Penguin Swim Team. I will have a sign up sheet available at the next couple meetings. For potential new Team members, remember that you only have to get your feet wet to participate.
· Good of the Roost:
o Whomever is interested, we will meet at the Greene Turtle midtown OC for lunch, then if anyone’s interested, we can see a movie at Sun n Surf after lunch. Movies are $6 every Tuesday. Text Donna @ 410.627.7697. Let’s have some fun and get to know each other!
Monday Ladies Early Bird
Monday Afternoon Mixed (seniors)
Monday Night (adult/youth)
Tuesday Afternoon Mixed (seniors)
Tuesday Night Mixed
Wednesday Night Ladies
Thursday Afternoon Mixed (seniors)
Thursday Night Mixed
Friday Afternoon Mixed
Friday Evening Mixed
Call 410-524-7550 or stop by to sign up
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Into Maryland Terrapins basketball? Get your Terps fix here.
· Today - Blues on the Bay, Benefits the Macky & Pam Stansell House of Coastal Hospice. Get your tickets for Blues on the Bay and enjoy an open bar, heavy hors d 'oeuvres, live entertainment and an amazing bayside sunset at Macky's Bayside Bar & Grill. Tickets are $75 per person and can be purchased at the Macky's T-Shirt Shop.
· Friday thru Sunday - Berlin Fiddlers Convention - Great Bluegrass Music, Berlin Maryland Welcome Center. Three days of Free, Live, Bluegrass Music. Bluegrass musicians from across the country vie for thousands in cash prizes in Adult and Youth Fiddle, Banjo, Guitar, Mandolin and Bluegrass Band competitions.
Featured Band Schedule:
The Gina Furtado Project | September 24, 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The West King String Band | September 25
Sunday's Gospel an Bluegrass Jam | September 26
· In memory of Norm Macdonald…
A moth goes into a podiatrist’s office, and the podiatrist says, “What seems to be the problem, moth?”
The moth says “What’s the problem? Where do I begin, man? I go to work for Gregory Illinivich, and all day long I work. Honestly doc, I don’t even know what I’m doing anymore. I don’t even know if Gregory Illinivich knows. He only knows that he has power over me, and that seems to bring him happiness.
But I don’t know, I wake up in a malaise, and I walk here and there…at night I…I sometimes wake up and I turn to some old lady in my bed that’s on my arm. A lady that I once loved, doc. I don’t know where to turn to. My youngest, Alexendria, she fell in the…in the cold of last year. The cold took her down, as it did many of us.
And my other boy, and this is the hardest pill to swallow, doc. My other boy, Gregarro Ivinalititavitch…I no longer love him. As much as it pains me to say, when I look in his eyes, all I see is the same cowardice that I…that I catch when I take a glimpse of my own face in the mirror. If only I wasn’t such a coward, then perhaps…perhaps I could bring myself to reach over to that cocked and loaded gun that lays on the bedside behind me and end this hellish facade once and for all.
Doc, sometimes I feel like a spider, even though I’m a moth, just barely hanging on to my web with an everlasting fire underneath me. I’m not feeling good.
And so the doctor says, “Moth, man, you’re troubled. But you should be seeing a psychiatrist. Why on earth did you come here?”
And the moth says, “’Cause the light was on.”
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.