Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation
From the Prez –
Greetings to all..
Not much to say about last Sunday’s game…Just move on to the Patriots
Come join us to watch the Ravens games at the American Legion in Ocean City this season…we will do 1:00 away and home games:
· 9/25 @ Patriots
· 10/2 Bills
· 10/16 @ Giants
· 10/23 Browns
· 11/20 Panthers
· 11/27 @ Jaguars
· 12/04 Broncos
· 12/11 @ Steelers
There will be food and drink available off the menu…please contact Ron Apperson or myself by noon on Friday so we can notify the Legion on how many tables and chairs are needed..PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL BACK TO FRANK BERTERMAN ..PLEASE CONTACT RON OR MYSELF…our information is:
· Ron Apperson…email@example.com cell # 410 952 9756
· Bob Munroe…firstname.lastname@example.org cell# 410 446 7422
Family and friends ( and potential new members ) are welcome..
Let’s party and cheer for our Ravens ..at our new home..
Please read all the committees reports as they may have updated information..
That’s all for now…
Dates to Remember:
· 10/8/22 – Crab Feast
· 10/13/22 – Monthly Meeting
· 10/29/22 – Bar Crawl
· 11/10/22 – Monthly Meeting
· 12/8/22 – Monthly Meeting
· 12/17/22 – Annual Christmas Party
· Membership rosters have been updated and we have 124 paid members for 2022. Thanks again to all that have chosen to remain part of this great club.
· Please contact Carol Munroe at email@example.com if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
· The apparel online store will be open October 1 with shipping in November. So that way if someone wants to buy Roost apparel for Christmas presents they will have delivery in plenty of time. http://ravensroost44.itemorder.com/
Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes 2022
Ravens Roost #44 – Last year we sold 126 tickets this year for a profit of $1,503.97, This year –Thanks to all of you, we sold 136 tickets for a profit of $1,685.94! Thank you so much for all your support!
o Our Week 2 Winner is Brian Lancione! Ranked 10 in most points scored – Baltimore, Miami, LA Rams. May be tough to take with the Ravens loss, but hey Brian won $20!
o Week 1 Winner $20 Bonus Winner - Trish Neal
You can still purchase sweepstakes thru October 30, however you are not eligible to win for any prior weeks. Get your Sweepstakes tickets online at our website: https://www.charitymania.com/give/ab015. We are sold out of paper tickets!
o Sweepstakes run for 18 weeks – From September 8 thru January 8, 2023.
o Late ticket purchase deadline October 30 (not eligible to win for any prior weeks)
o We will have at least one $20 guaranteed bonus winner each week – It could be you!!!!
o Prizes are awarded each week to the highest 15 game cards that score the most points:
§ First place - $400
§ Second Place - $100
§ Third place - $50
§ Next 12 Runner ups - $20
o Prizes are awarded each week for the lowest scoring 3 game cards:
§ Lowest score - $50
§ Next 2 Runner ups - $20
o Grand Prize Season ending
§ Highest Valued Card of the Season - $500
§ Lowest Valued card of the Season - $250
o Cash Prizes will be awarded at the Monthly Meetings or by mail.
If you have any questions, please each out to Michele by email, text or phone:
Good luck to all!
Good of the Roost:
· My name is Bobby Trosset and I am a YouTuber/content creator based in Baltimore, having recently left local radio (98 Rock/WBAL) to launch my own sports media company.
I'm reaching out to share that Sarah Ellison and I are teaming up to co-host the "Ravens Vault" through Blue Wire Podcasts and we officially launched July 25.
The show features two kinds of episodes:
o The "Morning Ravens Vault" which delivers the most important Ravens news, in just 15 minutes. These are released Monday-Friday.
o Traditional long-form (30-45 min) conversations featuring interviews, expanded analysis and/or mailbag Q&A kinds of episodes. These are released 1-2 times per week.
According to Chartable, our podcast ranks 15th in the country under Apple's football category as of earlier this week.
If you think you are interested in checking us out, please don't hesitate to follow our links below. The show can be found on most podcast platforms.
Thanks for your support and here's to an enjoyable upcoming football season in Baltimore!
o Apple: https://apple.co/3zSRYRz
o Spotify: https://spoti.fi/3vCjtMU
o Google Podcasts: https://bit.ly/3So4nUR
o YouTube: https://bit.ly/3bmIJA1
Mobile | (518)-860-4269
· The Eastern Shore T1 Diabetic Support Foundation Fundraiser:
Our silent auction (which will be held on our Facebook page the following week after the dinner) will include:
o December 24, 2022 - 2 tickets Lower Level around the 15 yard line Baltimore Ravens versus the Atlanta Falcons. Thank you to Bill Regan. Last year's winner said they were the best seats ever!
o Ravens basket of goodies including a Lamar metallic print, HOF ball, hats, games, lanyards and more.
Our Facebook page is Eastern Shore T1 Diabetic Support Foundation | Facebook
· The Orioles have signed a new radio deal with WBAL in Baltimore. Maybe we’ll finally get a decent affiliate here at the beach!
· Into Maryland Terrapins basketball? Get your Terps fix here.
· Now thru Sunday - OC AdventureFest - Events and Concerts, OC Events. Whether you're a member of law enforcement or the military, an Ocean City resident or just interested to see what it's all about, there's something for everyone at OC AdventureFest! OC AdventureFest events will include Tunnel to Towers, 911 Never Forget Mobile Exhibit, Showmasters Hunting & Fishing Gun Show and Auction, Law Enforcement & Military Motorcycle Rodeo Competition, and a K-9 and Working Dogs Exhibition. Get Your Tickets For These Concerts at the Performing Arts Center:
o Wednesday, Sept 21 - Sam Grow & Lucas Hoge
o Thursday, Sept 22 - Lonestar
o Friday, Sept 23 – Kashmir
· Friday thru Sunday - Berlin 30th Annual Fiddlers Convention - Great Bluegrass Music, Berlin Maryland Welcome Center. Three days of Free, Live, Bluegrass Music! Bluegrass musicians from across the country vie for thousands in cash prizes in Adult and Youth Fiddle, Banjo, Guitar, Mandolin and Bluegrass Band competitions.
This years event will begin on Friday evening at 6pm. We’ll kick off the festivities with The String Buzzards opening for Tim Finch and The Eastman String Band as they play into the night on Main Street. Saturday morning, the event kicks into high gear with rows and rows of vendors, artists and delicious treats from far and wide while the competition rages at the corner of Broad Street and Main. After the competition, the High and Wides will steal spotlight and jam into the early evening. By morning, it’ll be time to rise & shine and put on your Sunday best to enjoy the Gospel side of Bluegrass with Stevenson Crossroads at the Taylor House Museum from 10-1.
· A retired man purchased a home near a high school. He spent the first few weeks of his retirement in peace, then the new school year began.
One afternoon early into the first semester, three loud young boys came down his street, beating merrily on every trash can they came across. They then did so the following day and the day after that, until finally the retiree decided it was time to take some action.
The next afternoon, he walked out to meet the boys as they banged their way down the street. Stopping them, he said "You kids are a lot of fun. I used to do the same thing when I was your age. Will you do me a favor? I'll give you each a dollar if you'll promise to come around every day and do your thing". The boys were more than happy and continued to bang the cans.
After a few days, the old man greeted the kids again, but this time he had a sad smile on his face. "This recession's really putting a big dent in my income" he told them. "I'm going to have to cut it down to 50 cents a day to keep banging the cans". The kids were obviously unimpressed but they accepted the reduction in payment and continued their afternoon activities.
A few days later, the man approached them again "Look" he said "I haven't received my payment yet, so I'm not going to be able to give you more than 25 cents. Will that be okay?" "That's it?" one of the kids exclaimed "if you think we're going to waste our time beating these around for 25 cents each a day, you're nuts! No way, mister. We quit!"
And the man enjoyed peace and serenity for the rest of his days.
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.