Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY: The House Committee met to discuss ways to improve the flow and service at our monthly meetings. If you want to have dinner at OC 360 at our Roost meetings, please be advised that you need to order dinner in the bar or dining room BEFORE the meeting. We WON'T be taking food orders during our Roost meeting. Only drink orders. If you order dinner that is not ready by the time the meeting begins, your order will be brought in, but again, NO food orders will be taken during the meeting. OC 360 has generously offered to have modest snacks on the tables for us at the meeting. So, if you want to have dinner at OC 360, please come early enough to have dinner BEFORE the meeting.
Please think about stepping up to volunteer for Board and Officer positions and the Golf Scholarship Committee next year. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the responsibilities for any of these positions. or 410-598-4597.
The following positions are open next year:
ONE YEAR TERMS
President 2 One Year Terms Maximum
Vice President 2 One Year Terms Maximum
Recording Secretary 3 One Year Terms Maximum
Treasurer 5 One Year Terms Maximum
Sergeant of Arms 4 One Year Terms Maximum
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chairman 3 Year Term Maximum
Director 1 3 Year Term Maximum
Director 2 2 Year Term Maximum
Director 3 2 Year Term Maximum
Director 4 1 Year Term
Remember that your Roost Membership card entitles you to a 20% discount on food, beverage & apparel purchases at the Original Greene Turtle (116th St.). We encourage all Roost members and committees to patronize the Original Greene Turtle!
Remember that we collect plastic grocery bags at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (Local Food Bank & Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pickup truck is parked in front of OC 360 at every Roost meeting. Simply put your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck. This is a great way to recycle plastic bags for a good cause.
· Dates to Remember:
o Saturday – Roost Crab Feast
o 10/12 -Harrington Trip
o 10/17 – Pizza Benefit
o 12/7 – Roost Christmas Party
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. We currently have 172 members. I am still accepting dues. Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Road Trip: Bus Trip to Charlotte: Tickets are in for Charlotte trip. Will bring to next meeting. Call if you want to pick them up at my house. Also if anyone wants to help with Ent Comm and you work, please let us know and we can change meetings to evenings. Don’t forget to bring in t-shirts for the quilt Martha is going to make us. Thanks, Ent Comm
· Apparel: 20th Anniversary Gear in Stock! There a few 20th Anniversary T shirts, Hoodies and Long Sleeve Shirts available in three colors - Black, Purple and Gray. Call me at if you're interested. Thanks, Eric.
· - Friday, October 12th - Monday, October 15th, 2018. Package for two includes: Friday and Saturday stay, Sunday is complimentary. Breakfast buffet in the Beach House restaurant on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Tailgate Party, Eastern Shore style, Saturday on the Coconuts patio. Rates starting at $325 for two guests.
· Vietnam Veterans of America Ocean City Chapter #1091 Sports Memorabilia Auction on October 7, 2018 12-5 pm at American Legion Post 166 24th St. and Philadelphia Ave. Great collection of collectible sports items including autographed photos, Justin Tucker football, NFL, MLB, NASCAR, Golf, etc. Lots of Ravens - Baltimore Colts-Orioles Sports collectibles donations appreciated. NFL game on big screen. Tailgate buffet and cash bar available. Great chance to Christmas shop. Proceeds to benefit our Veteran causes. Sports donations appreciated. Please contact June Kelly 302 236 2261 or Nelson 302 236 4171
· Ticket Exchange:
o I would like to sell the following games. Bucks vs Ravens December 16 and Browns vs Ravens December 30. There are two seats Section 101, Row 32 seats 20 and 21. Visitors side the sunny side. Asking for face value for the tickets. Must buy both. Please call Marius Ambrose at 302-947-4168.
o I have 2 tickets for sale for the Ravens vs Buccaneers game on Sun. 12/16 @ 1pm. Seats are in Sec. 103, Row 32, seats 10 & 11. Face value of $146/each. Let me know if you are interested. Gary Miller
o Matt Herrmann is selling a full season of Ravens tickets at face value $1300 for both seats with option to buy PSLs during the next transfer period. Section 519 Row 17 Seats 7+8.
o I have five (5) tickets Section 534 Row 23 Seats 17 thru 21 for the PANTHERS vs RAVENS away game on Sunday Oct. 28, 2018. Face Value $85.00 per ticket, will consider offer. If you are interested please call Fred Frankowski 410-250-8625 or 443-859-3467.
· Penguin Swim: AGH Website is up and the OC Ravens Roost #44 Penguin Swim Team page is ready to register those wanting to join the Team. Go to "" to register and donate. See Gary at the Aug. meeting for more info.
Fundraising Night at the new Fox's Pizza Den in West OC (in the new SC next to Home Depot and the new Michael's) on Wednesday Oct. 17th, 4pm to 7pm. 15% of your food bill will be donated to the OC RR44 Penguin Swim Team in support of AGH.
If you, or someone you know that was on the Booze Cruise last week, lost a stone out of a ring, please give me a call. The Boat crew found the stone and I have it. I was not aware that someone lost a stone until I got a call from the crew.
o Entertainment Committee Meeting October 9, 6pm @ the Original Green Turtle.
o Tentative Entertainment Schedule 2018
§ September 29, 12pm – 3pm – Crab Feast. All you can eat crabs, fried chicken, corn on the cob, hush puppies, soft drinks, and Miller Lite and Coors Light draft. $36pp, and that includes all taxes and gratuities. Marian will be accepting checks only, no cash, made payable to Ravens Roost #44. All checks need to be to Marian no later than Friday, September 21. No checks will be accepted after this date. Send checks to: Ravens Roost #44, PO Box 4161, Ocean City MD, 21843.
§ October 12 – Harrington Bus Trip
· We have plenty of seats available for the Casino Trip, please contact Mary Kendall or Joann Elder.
· Date: Friday, October 12th
· Cost: $20.00 per person, includes $15.00 free slot play and ½ towards buffet
· Pick up: Montego Bay at 8:30, Rose’s in DE at 9:00
· Depart Harrington: 3pm
· To sign up please contact Mary Kendall Email: . Cellphone: 302-236-9617. Let me know if you have any questions. Mary
§ October 13 - NEW! Ghost Tour, Pocomoke City, 7pm. Cost $20. Anyone that wants to go can just meet in Pocomoke.
§ December 7 – Christmas Party. A signup sheet will be distributed for all members who think they will attend if they do not have a conflict that prevents it. We need a head count to start planning with the venue. Print out the attached selection sheet and get it back to Ron as soon as you can. .
o Potential Activities Under Discussion
§ Bus Trip to Canton
§ Duckaneer Cruise
§ Pub Crawl Kent Island
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Tonight - *BREAKING NEWS* Along with Mike Bradley, tonight’s star-studded panel includes former Baltimore Colt Pro Bowl Safety (and Baltimore Ravens’ Uniform Policeman), Bruce Laird, and Ravens Roost #44 Legend, The Szlas!
The Original Greene Turtle is very excited to be hosting our 18th Annual Ravens Rap Show! The show is taped every Wednesday from 6 - 8pm and will air each Sunday at noon on WGMD 92.7FM the Talk of Delmarva and on WMDT - TV47.
Each week we will be welcoming local sports authorities including: Mike Bradley our weekly host, Tony Lombardi from the Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, former Baltimore Colt Bruce Laird, John Gherig from ExploreOC, Bobby Vermillion from Resort Video Guide plus many more...
This year's sponsors will include: Toyota, GEICO, JC Tickets, Ocean City Golf Getaway, Ocean City Golf Club, Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, Explore OC, Holiday Inn Express, the Comfort Inn at the Gold Coast Mall, the Resort Video Guide and this year we are very excited to welcome MILLER LIGHT to the Ravens Roost family!!
Our drink specials will be $3.00 MILLER LIGHT BOTTLES and $2.50 MILLER LIGHT DRAFTS and of course Ravens Roost members receive 20% off of regular prices (not including drink specials or Happy Hour Prices)!!!
· Friday & Saturday - , Inlet Lot. Wine on the Beach has celebrated some of the finest spirits found in our region. The event spotlights vineyards such as Far Eastern Shore Winery and other other fine Maryland vineyards to be announced soon. This event also features microbrews from our local craft breweries.
Upon entry, all visitors receive a commemorative wine glass, which they can use to sample pours from the dozens of featured producers.
Regional bands play throughout the two-day wine celebration, setting a lively soundtrack as people explore booths stocked with handmade gifts and fine foods. To ensure everyone gets home safely, the event has a designated driver program that includes unlimited soft drinks and a fixed number of high fives for participating attendees.
You may use your ticket for one day, either Friday or Saturday. Tickets are good for one-day admission, commemorative wine glass, and wine tasting sample coupons. Tickets are non refundable.
· An American soldier, serving in World War II, had just returned from several weeks of intense action on the German front lines. He had finally been granted R&R and was on a train bound for London. The train was very crowded, so the soldier walked the length of the train, looking for an empty seat.
The only unoccupied seat was directly adjacent to a well dressed middle aged lady and was being used by her little dog. The war weary soldier asked, “Please, ma’am, may I sit in that seat?”
The French woman looked down her nose at the soldier, sniffed and said, “You Americans. You are such a rude class of people. Can’t you see my Little Fifi is using that seat?”
The soldier walked away, determined to find a place to rest, but after another trip down to the end of the train, found himself again facing the woman with the dog.
Again he asked, “Please, lady. May I sit there? I’m very tired.”
The French woman wrinkled her nose and snorted, “You Americans! Not only are you rude, you are also arrogant. Imagine!”
The soldier didn’t say anything else; he leaned over, picked up the little dog, tossed it out the window of the train and sat down in the empty seat.
The woman shrieked and railed, and demanded that someone defend her and chastise the soldier.
An English gentleman sitting across the aisle spoke up, “You know, sir, you Americans do seem to have a penchant for doing the wrong thing. You eat holding the fork in the wrong hand. You drive your autos on the wrong side of the road.
“And now, Sir, you’ve thrown the wrong bitch out the window.”
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.