Roost #44 Poop
· Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation
· From the Prez –
Our next meeting will be at the American Legion in Ocean City on May 13th@7:30..There will be no virtual set up for the meeting… I will check with Ron on the bartender service, but more likely be prepared to go the main bar to order food and drinks..the 2021 NFL draft is now behind us and I think the Ravens did well, but Steve Szalsa will give us the complete run down at the meeting…speaking of meetings I will get together with the House committee on where we can meet for the summer..if anyone knows of a place or has suggestions please see Ron..the convention and golf scholarship tournament is coming up soon so please read Joann’s and Don’s report in the Poop….stay safe and go Ravens
· Dates to Remember:
o 5/13/21 – Monthly Roost Meeting
· Membership: Yearly dues still $30 – Cheap! Thanks to everyone that has paid so far. Right now, we have 91 paid members.
I’ll be accepting dues in person at the meeting, or mail them to me at: Susan Berterman, 12290 Dixie Drive, Bishopville, MD 21813. Please make all checks payable to Ravens Roost #44.
Applications for membership continue to be received, and introductions/votes will be made at the next meeting.
· 24th Annual Ravens Roost #44 Scholarship Golf tournament: Our annual golf scholarship fundraiser tournament is scheduled for June 4th at the Ocean Pines Golf Club with a 9:00am shotgun start. A Continental Breakfast & Lunch are scheduled at the Ocean Pines Bar & Grill with silent auction tables. Each golfer will receive a goody bag & two drink coupons. The winner of the putting contest will receive $500.00 & the cash raffle winner will receive $250.00.
We're in need of major sponsors, tee sponsors, golfers, business gift cards, hotel certificates & adult beverage donation for our silent auction. Tee sponsor & golf registration forms are on our website. Please bring items for the silent auction to the May 13th monthly meeting at the American Legion.
Bob Munroe & Don McMullen
· Wellness: Please contact Carol Monroe at email@example.com if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
· House: All meetings that we do hold for the foreseeable future will be at the American Legion on 23rd St./Coastal Hwy. They will follow all proper virus protocols for safety, We will take it a month at a time and keep everyone notified by the poop and Caw. Happy "Vaccine Distribution Day" coming to our area soon!
· Convention: Last call for convention shirts and hoodies. Must have your order by tomorrow, April 29. Will collect money at the May meeting. Any registrants, please consider signing up for the convention activities. Call me if info is needed--410-251-4360. Thanks, Jo Ann.
o The apparel store is now open, from now until May 30. Go to https://ravensroost44.itemorder.com/sale for the stuff! Word of advice, the jerseys in the past have been cut exceptionally small. Contact Rich Hansen @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
o Gary Miller will have a bunch of vintage shirts and sweatshirts at the next meeting
· Entertainment: The next entertainment committee meeting will be May 12, 12 noon at Greene Turtle. Anyone who'd like to help out is welcomed. We will be discussing bringing back the Raft Ups we used to do, our picnic, away games and Duckaneer Pirate ship. Looking forward to getting back to normal businesses!
The Entertainment Committee has booked our 2021 Christmas party at Mio Fratello on Dec 18th, 6pm to 10pm. We will have seating and menu selections at Oct meeting. Also considering away trip to Las Vegas for Ravens/Raiders game.
· Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes 2021 - Football Sweepstakes – Get ready! Roost #44 is excited to announce we will once again be conducting our Football Sweepstakes, but we are mixing it up this year. Rather than a shortened 10 game season, we are doing a full 17-week sweepstakes season. That is right, for your $20 contribution you receive 7, that is SEVEN more chances to win - Yahoo! And we made it easier by offering an electronic way to get your game cards – Check out our website at: https://www.charitymania.com/give/ab015. Share it with family and friends to boost our fundraiser totals!
With the new Full Game Season with 17 chances to win, several of the dates have changed:
o Tickets on sale NOW at the Roost meetings and Convention, as well as the website
o Sweepstakes run for 17 weeks – From September 2 thru December 26
o Last day to get game cards for the full 17-week season à September 2
o Late ticket deadline à October 24 (not eligible to win for any prior weeks)
o We will have at least one guaranteed winner each week – It could be you!!!!
o Prizes are awarded each week to the highest 25 game cards that score the most points
§ First place - $400
§ Second Place - $200
§ Third place - $100
§ Next 22 Runner ups - $25
o Prizes are awarded each week for the lowest scoring 5 game cards
§ Lowest score - $50
§ Next 4 Runner ups - $25
o Grand Prize Season ending
§ Highest Valued Card of the Season - $1000
§ Lowest Valued card of the Season - $200
Cash Prizes will be awarded at the Monthly Meetings or by mail. Michele Sardelis will be selling Sweepstake tickets at the Monthly Meetings and at the Ravens Roost Convention. We will have a table setup near the sign-up table prior to the meetings to purchase your Sweepstakes tickets. We will accept exact change and checks made out to Ravens Roost #44. Or get your game cards via the website at: https://www.charitymania.com/give/ab015.
If you want to get a “bundle” of Sweepstakes tickets to sell, contact Michele. If you have any questions, please each out to Michele by email, text or phone:
Let’s have some Football Sweepstakes Fun! It is going to be a GREAT YEAR!!!
· Good of the Roost: - Hey Ravens women, let's get together and meet for lunch at a local restaurant or picnic at a park. Some of our guys have been doing this pre pandemic for a while so I thought it'd be good for us women to get to know each other and to have a "girls day" out. Contact Donna at 410-627-7697. If we have enough interest, we can pick a date and time. Thanks.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Into Maryland Terrapins basketball? Get your Terps fix here.
· Thursday thru Sunday: Springfest Festival, Inlet Parking Lot. Springfest 2021 celebrates Spring and the upcoming summer season in Ocean City, Maryland! It is four dynamic days of delicious food, live entertainment and unique arts and crafts under four huge big top tents located in the Inlet Lot at the south end of Ocean City's famous Boardwalk.
Springfest serves up a continuous variety of musical performances on two stages. Admission to the four day event is free! All entertainment is free with the exception of the headline acts.
· Saturday: Berlin Jazz & Blues-Wine & Brew, Berlin Main Street. Berlin Jazz & Blues Wine & Brews Wine Tasting Festival! Free to attend!
Wine Tasting Info: $35 includes unlimited tastings of wine from around the world - more than 60 to choose from 10 different wineries...plus a keepsake glass. Click on link below to purchase your ticket. Ticket sales will be limited.
Beer for sale from Burley Oak & Big Oyster - food & more.
Enjoy 2 stages of live music, great food, shopping, and art!
Limited seating available, please bring a chair.
FREE Parking shuttle available to and from Berlin Intermediate School on the corner of Franklin Ave. and U.S. Rt. 113 courtesy of Ocean Downs Casino.
This event is Rain or Shine. No refunds will be given.
Wine Vendors and Live Band Schedule to be announced.
Entertainment Line Up: To be announced.
Sponsored by the Berlin Chamber of Commerce.
· Martin was being interviewed for a new job. The person conducting the interview wanted to find out something about his personality, so he asked, "If you could have a conversation with someone, living or dead, who would it be?"
Without hesitation, Martin responded, "The living one, of course!"
· A woman came up behind her husband while he was enjoying his morning coffee and slapped him on the back of the head. "I found a piece of paper in your pant pocket with the name 'Marylou' written on it,"she said, furious. "You had better have an explanation."
"Calm down, honey," the man replied. "Remember last week when I was at the dog track? That was the name of the dog I bet on."
The next morning, his wife snuck up on him and smacked him again.
"What was that for?" he complained.
"Your dog called last night."
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.