Roost #44 Poop
· Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation)
· From the Prez – Well it’s finally coming to an end..year 2020 that is and I hope 2021 will be a lot better..The Ravens are giving us some exciting football and bring in the new year with some playoff victories..I’ll let Steve break it down for our Super Bowl run..just a reminder that our next meeting will be virtual in January..please be safe this New Years…we need all members back and ready to go for 2021…from Carol and myself we wish all Ravens Roost #44 members and their families HAPPY NEW YEAR’S…
· Dates to Remember:
o 1/1/21 – Penguin Swim
o 1/14/21 – Monthly Roost Meeting
· Membership: In spite of the pandemic and the lack of any activities, I am still receiving applications for new members. I will introduce them at the next virtual meeting.
· Wellness: Please contact Carol Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
· House: All meetings that we do hold for the foreseeable future will be at the American Legion on 23rd St./Coastal Hwy. They will follow all proper virus protocols for safety, We will take it a month at a time and keep everyone notified by the poop and Caw. Happy "Vaccine Distribution Day" coming to our area soon!
· Penguin Swim: Thanks to everyone who has donated to the RR44 Penguin Swim Team and/or purchased raffle tickets. Your support, especially in this weird year of COVID-19 and all of its frustrating restrictions, is greatly appreciated. With just 2 weeks left before the Swim, the Team is still hoping to reach our goal of raising $5,000 for this worthy cause. For those who have not yet purchased a raffle ticket, we still have a few available, but they are going fast. And they make great stocking stuffers for the Holidays! Please contact me for tickets, or go to "www.aghpenguinswim.org" to make a donation. Thanks for your help, stay safe, and have a very Merry Christmas!
· Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes 2020: Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes 2020. The Football Sweepstakes is generating Winners! Congratulations to all our winners and BIG Thank you to every player for your support!
Our winners thus far:
o Week 1 - Frank Berterman - $25 Bonus Winner
o Week 2 – Tom Maly - $25 Bonus Winner
o Week 3 – Eric Waterman - $200 WINNER! Ranked 2 with Most Points
o Week 4 – Eric Waterman - AGAIN! $25 Bonus Winner
o Week 5 – Not Eric Waterman, Winner is Rob Carpenter - $25 Winner – Ranked 13 with Highest Score Runner Up
o Week 6 – Mark Grimes - $25 Bonus Winner
o Week 7 – Terri Schaefer - $25 Bonus Winner
o Week 8 – Nancy Dalescio - $25 Bonus Winner
The Winning Things to Know
o Sweepstakes run for 10 weeks – From October 29 thru January 3
o We will have at least one guaranteed winner each week – It really could be you!!!!
o If none of our Ravens Roost tickets that we sold meet any of the criteria above, ONE ticket will win $25 GUARANTEED
o Prizes are awarded each week to the highest 25 game cards that score the most points
§ First place - $400
§ Second Place - $200
§ Third place - $100
§ Next 22 Runner ups - $25
o Prizes are awarded each week for the lowest scoring 5 game cards
§ Lowest score - $50
§ Next 4 Runner ups - $25
o Grand Prize Season ending
§ Highest Valued Card of the Season - $1000
§ Lowest Valued card of the Season - $200
Cash Prizes will be awarded by check via mail.
We sold 69 tickets for a total profit of $801.99 – Not bad for 2020.
Wishing you a Joyous Holiday Season! Merry Christmas!
o Entertainment meetings are suspended until further notice.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN here from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· Now thru January 2 - Winterfest Of Lights, Northside Park. See how Ocean City, MD, sparkles this winter and visit the Winterfest of Lights! This walking event will take you through thousands of sparkling holiday lights and many animated light displays located along a paved path in Northside Park. Sip hot chocolate, take a photo with Santa, visit our gift shop android walk through the array of holiday exhibits – including many surprises. Come see the 50-foot Christmas tree put on a show for you and soak up all of the holiday spirit at Winterfest of Lights. Admission is only $5 for guests 12 years and older and FREE for children 11 years and younger. So grab your family and friends, and don't miss this award-winning holiday event. 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Open Wednesday through Sunday Nights / Closed Monday and Tuesday Nights.
· A little old man shuffled slowly into an ice cream parlour and pulled himself slowly, painfully, up onto a stool...After catching his breath, he ordered a banana split.
The waitress asked kindly, 'Crushed nuts?'
'No,' he replied, 'Arthritis.'
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.
· Happy New Year! I hope everyone has a safe and prosperous one!