Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
We have 40 members who have stepped up to volunteer for the Beer Truck at Springfest! Thanks to all the members who volunteered. Please stop by and see us at the Beer Truck right where the Art & Craft tent meets the Food Tent. Our logo will be up and the beer money and tips we raise will be directed to the Roost and our local charities. As I said last week, the Roost gets a Beer Truck every five years so the next time the Roost will be able to host a Beer Truck will be at the 2023 Sunfest. It’s important that we maximize our funding at this year's Springfest. See you at the Springfest Raven Roost Beer Truck, Thursday through Sunday, May 3-6.
Remember that your Roost Membership card entitles you to a 20% discount on food, beverage & apparel purchases at the Original Greene Turtle (116th St.). We encourage all Roost members and committees to patronize the Original Greene Turtle!
Remember that we collect plastic grocery bags at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (Local Food Bank & Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pickup truck is parked in front of OC 360 at every Roost meeting. Simply put your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck. This is a great way to recycle plastic bags for a good cause.
· Dates to Remember:
o Tuesday, May 1 – Entertainment Committee meeting.
o Thursday, May 3 thru Sunday, May 6 - Springfest
o Thursday, May 10 – Monthly Roost Meeting, 7:30pm.
o Thursday, May 31 thru Sunday, June 3 – Council of Ravens Roost Annual Convention
o Friday, June 1 – Scholarship Golf Tournament
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. As of today we have 124 members in our Roost, I am still accepting dues. Susan White, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Convention: Convention registration is now closed. We have 22 members going to the convention.
· Convention Parade: We have 27 people signed up for convention parade, and can’t accept any more since we need at least 75% of our participants to be registered for the convention.
We have booked the Tram, and Susan White will be taking care of everything the day of the parade.
We will be wearing the Roost Hawaiian Shirts and your lower portion of your body should be either khaki or white shorts, Capri’s or such. Shoes would prefer closed shoe since I don’t want anyone tripping or falling in flip flops or sandals please. We have a total of 7 participants that do not have the roost Hawaiian shirts and are looking for loaners for the participants. If you have a loaner please contact myself or Susan White; If you can loan a shirt please put your name inside your shirt using painters or masking tape so we can make sure you get your shirt back and bring to the May meeting.
The Theme for the parade is “Riding the Wave to Ravenstown”. We are looking for surfboards and boogie boards, including any beach related items to help compliment the theme. And you can wear anything that would complement this theme of riding the wave.
We have ordered purple “grape” salt water taffy to give away.
We will be meeting at The address is 703 South Philadelphia Avenue, it is adjacent to the Oceanic Motel at the Inlet. Time will be determined at May meeting
If you have any questions, or if you signed up and have changed your mind please let us know as quickly as possible.
Best Regards & Have a Great Day, Mary Kendall. Email: email@example.com
· Apparel: 20th Anniversary Gear in Stock! There a few 20th Anniversary T shirts, Hoodies and Long Sleeve Shirts available in three colors - Black, Purple and Gray. Call me at 410-598-4597 if you're interested. Thanks, Eric.
· Scholarship Golf Tournament: The Scholarship Golf committee once again are looking for donations of beer, wine, and liquor for the Ravens Roost Scholarship Golf Tournament basket of cheer. Donations will be picked-up at the May meeting.
o Tentative Entertainment Schedule 2018
§ May 1 – Entertainment Committee Meeting
§ May 3-6 – Springfest (Beer Truck)
§ May 31-June 3 – Council Convention
§ June 1 – Roost Scholarship Golf Tournament
§ June 2 – Convention Parade
§ July 14 – Annual Picnic
§ July 19 – Shorebirds Game - Shorebirds Event Thursday evening 7/19/18: $28pp (includes 2 hr. buffet, table/chair seating, giveaway visor & $2 pint cans)
The status is that we have 32 signed up ( + actually 2 bus drivers that we pay for food only for them). Of the signees 26 have paid, I have now booked it with a deposit and we are good to go. But we still need some more to sign up - especially for the bus because with 19 bus riders the cost pp would be about $10. Let’s get some more for a safety valve and lower bus costs.
§ September 29 – Crab Feast
§ October 27 – Halloween Bull & Oyster Roast
§ November ? – Harrington Bus Trip
§ December 7 – Christmas Party
o Potential Activities Under Discussion
§ Bus Trip to Canton
§ Duckaneer Cruise
§ Pub Crawl Kent Island
§ Eastern Shore Ghost Bus Tour
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Now thru April 29 - Ocean City Spring Restaurant Week - One Price, Two Weeks...Plenty of Tasty Options.
Many spectacular restaurants will create special menus designed to tempt your taste buds. Special, fixed-priced menus will be offered throughout the two-week event. They may offer a $10, $20, $30 or $40 fixed menu price that may even include dessert!
No passes, tickets or coupons are required. Just simply choose a participating restaurant and dine out during the dates of the promotion.
For information call the Hotel-Motel-Restaurant Association at 1-800-626-2326 x 2, visit http://www.oceancityrestaurantweek.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Friday thru Sunday - Maryland International Kite Expo - Go Fly A Kite, On the Beach between 2nd and 6th Streets. A great spectator and participant event! The Maryland International Kite Exposition will feature three fun-filled days of kite flying on the beautiful beaches of Ocean City, Maryland. Throughout the festival, there will be exhibitions and demonstrations including stunt and power kite lessons, free children's games and activities, and much more! The festival will showcase some of the best kite flyers from around the world. Kites of all shapes and sizes will be on display including some massive character and theme based kites. On behalf of The Kite Loft and The Town of Ocean City we welcome everyone to join in the festivities. Bring your family for several days of good old fashion kite flying. Remember when we say “Go Fly a Kite”, we mean it. For more information, call Jay Knerr at 410-289-7855 or visit www.kiteloft.com.
· Friday thru Sunday - Ward World Carving Competition, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Carvers & visitors from around the world convene for the most prestigious competition of contemporary wildfowl art. Event includes judging, benefit auction, classes & seminars, demonstrations, children's activities and exhibitor booths of artisans & art supplies. View world class bird carvings and sculptures, bid on world class art at the benefit auction. Shop at over 100 exhibitor booths, and enjoy an abundance of kids activities at the Kids Corner. Admission. For more information, please visit www.wardmuseum.org.
· Unable to attend the funeral after his Uncle Charlie died, a man who lived far away called his Blonde brother and told him, 'Do something nice for Uncle Charlie and send me the bill.’
Later, he got a bill for $200.00, which he paid. The next month, he got another bill for $200.00, which he also paid, figuring it was some incidental expense.
But when the $200.00 bills kept arriving every month, he finally called his brother again to find out what was going on.
'Well,' said the Blonde brother, 'you said to do something nice for Uncle Charlie.
So I rented him a tuxedo.'
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.
· May 1st marks three years since our friend Marlyn passed away. If you have a chance, take a few moments on Tuesday to remember her.
Things aren’t the same without you Marlyn.