Roost #44 Poop
· (Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation)
· From the Prez –
How ‘bout dem Ravens!! Starting off at 2-0 I’m sure Steve will have some insights on how the season is starting out..
I apologize for missing last week’s Poop, I guess I’m working too hard at the Marina lol..
Anyway we had our first meeting on the 10th at the American Legion and I thought it was successful..we had all safety precautions in order ( temperatures taken, masks were worn, all table’s socially distant with members seated 4 per table..we had 30 members in attendance and we can accommodate more..so if anyone feels comfortable to attend our next meeting will be at the Ocean City American Legion on October 8th @7:30…
Please keep in mind that Michele has the football charity pool up and running so see her at the meeting for tickets if you haven’t done so..
As I stated at the last meeting, I would like to start a membership campaign to recruit new members for the Roost..ask a friend, family or neighbor if they would be interested..
The Council of the Ravens Roosts had their elections last week and will announce the results at the next meeting..
To all please patronize your local businesses as they are being hit hard during this pandemic and have supported Roost #44 in charitable donations
· Dates to Remember:
o 10/8/2020 – October Roost Meeting
o 11/12/2020 – November Roost Meeting
o 12/10/2020 – December Roost Meeting
· Membership: We currently have 121 paid members. Thanks all!
· Wellness: Please call Marian Cicero @ 410.250.2501 or 443.880.0862 if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member. Please, no texts or emails.
· House: All monthly Roost meetings to be held at the American Legion @ 23rd Street until further notice.
· Penguin Swim: Until further notice, the Penguin Swim fundraising activities have been put on hold. Once it is safe to do so, we will start planning events.
· Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes 2020: Are you ready for some Football Sweepstakes?!?!?! Roost #44 is excited to announce we will once again be conducting our Football Sweepstakes. Last year we sold 86 tickets and raised $1,204! Thank you for your support!
This year, we raised the bar a bit because you all are awesome! We have 200 Sweepstakes tickets to sell. If all tickets sold, we can raise a little over $2,700 for our Charity Funds – WOW!
So, what is the “Poop” about the Football Sweepstakes …
o Tickets are $20 per.
o Sweepstakes run for 10 weeks – From October 29 thru January 3
o We will have at least one guaranteed winner each week – It could be you!!!!
o Prizes are awarded each week to the highest 25 game cards that score the most points
§ First place - $400
§ Second Place - $200
§ Third place - $100
§ Next 22 Runner ups - $25
o Prizes are awarded each week for the lowest scoring 5 game cards
§ Lowest score - $50
§ Next 4 Runner ups - $25
o Grand Prize Season ending
§ Highest Valued Card of the Season - $1000
§ Lowest Valued card of the Season - $200
o Cash Prizes will be awarded at the Monthly Meetings or by mail.
Michele Sardelis will be selling Football Sweepstakes tickets at the Monthly Meetings when held. We will have a table setup near the sign-up table prior to the meetings to purchase your Sweepstakes tickets. We will accept exact change and checks made out to Ravens Roost #44.
You can also reach out to Michele via email or text to purchase tickets. We will have you mail payment checks to Michele, your purchaser ticket information (name, e-mail, phone, full mailing address), and stamped self-addressed envelope for Michele to mail the tickets back to you. Or, we will email you photocopies of your sweepstakes tickets until we see each other in person.
If you want to get a “bundle” of Football Sweepstakes tickets to sell, or have any questions, please contact Michele by email, text, or phone:
Let’s have some Football Sweepstakes Fun! We all need it!!!
o Entertainment meetings are suspended until further notice.
Christmas party is cancelled.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN here from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· (Igor talked about this at the last Roost Meeting) - Town of Ocean City Preparing for Pop-Up Car Rally Expected Sept. 22-27
Town of Ocean City sent this bulletin at 09/21/2020 02:33 PM EDT
Town of Ocean City Preparing for Pop-Up Car Rally Expected Sept. 22-27, Ocean City, MD. – (Sept. 21, 2020): The Town of Ocean City is preparing for a pop-up car rally, expected to take place from Sept. 22-27. In anticipation of this unauthorized event, Ocean City is urging residents and visitors to exercise caution in Ocean City this weekend. The event is expected to bring excessive noise, extreme traffic delays and increased law enforcement presence.
Ocean City has established a Special Event Zone that will be in place from Sept. 22-27, intended to help deter motor violations by lowering speed limits and increasing fines and penalties. Significant traffic congestion, alternate traffic patterns and a heavy police presence is anticipated throughout the weekend. Additionally, in 2020 the Maryland Legislature passed enhancements to the Special Event Zone Bill, including the addition of exhibition driving. This bill, for the first time, allows certain motor violations to be arrestable in the Special Event Zone.
“Due to the pop-up car rally, this upcoming weekend is not going to be a typical fall weekend at the beach,” said Ocean City Mayor Rick Meehan. “We encourage our residents to avoid traveling on Coastal Highway if possible, as traffic is going to be unusually heavy. In addition, we urge our visitors seeking a family-friendly experience to plan a visit to Ocean City for another weekend. We pride ourselves on being a coastal community that everyone can enjoy year-round, but unfortunately, we are asking everyone to please exercise caution before deciding to visit Ocean City this weekend.”
Residents and visitors can learn more about the Special Event Zone in Ocean City at oceancitymd.gov/specialeventzone.
teacher asked little Johnny if he knows his numbers.
"Yes," he said. "I do. My father taught me."
"Good. What comes after three."
"Four," answers the boy.
"What comes after six?"
"Very good," says the teacher. "Your dad did a good job. What comes after ten?"
"A jack," says lil' Johnny
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.