Roost #44 Poop
· (Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation)
· From the Prez –
Our next meeting will be held on September 10 th at the Ocean City
American Legion..All safety precautions will be adhered to…
Like to hear from of our Roost members on any ideas for fundraising and
other activities we can consider for 2021…
· Dates to Remember:
o 9/10/2020 – September Roost Meeting
o 10/8/2020 – October Roost Meeting
o 11/12/2020 – November Roost Meeting
o 12/10/2020 – December Roost Meeting
o 12/12/2020 – Christmas Party
· Membership: We currently have 121 paid members. Thanks all!
· Wellness: Please call Marian Cicero @ 410.250.2501 or 443.880.0862 if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member. Please, no texts or emails.
· House: September’s meeting is at the American Legion @ 23rd Street.
· Penguin Swim: Until further notice, the Penguin Swim fundraising activities have been put on hold. Once it is safe to do so, we will start planning events.
· Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes 2020: Are you ready for some Football Sweepstakes?!?!?! Roost #44 is excited to announce we will once again be conducting our Football Sweepstakes. Last year we sold 86 tickets and raised $1,204! Thank you for your support!
This year, we raised the bar a bit because you all are awesome! We have 200 Sweepstakes tickets to sell. If all tickets sold, we can raise a little over $2,700 for our Charity Funds – WOW!
So, what is the “Poop” about the Football Sweepstakes …
o Tickets are $20 per.
o Sweepstakes run for 10 weeks – From October 29 thru January 3
o We will have at least one guaranteed winner each week – It could be you!!!!
o Prizes are awarded each week to the highest 25 game cards that score the most points
§ First place - $400
§ Second Place - $200
§ Third place - $100
§ Next 22 Runner ups - $25
o Prizes are awarded each week for the lowest scoring 5 game cards
§ Lowest score - $50
§ Next 4 Runner ups - $25
o Grand Prize Season ending
§ Highest Valued Card of the Season - $1000
§ Lowest Valued card of the Season - $200
o Cash Prizes will be awarded at the Monthly Meetings or by mail.
Michele Sardelis will be selling Football Sweepstakes tickets at the Monthly Meetings when held. We will have a table setup near the sign-up table prior to the meetings to purchase your Sweepstakes tickets. We will accept exact change and checks made out to Ravens Roost #44.
You can also reach out to Michele via email or text to purchase tickets. We will have you mail payment checks to Michele, your purchaser ticket information (name, e-mail, phone, full mailing address), and stamped self-addressed envelope for Michele to mail the tickets back to you. Or, we will email you photocopies of your sweepstakes tickets until we see each other in person.
If you want to get a “bundle” of Football Sweepstakes tickets to sell, or have any questions, please contact Michele by email, text, or phone:
Let’s have some Football Sweepstakes Fun! We all need it!!!
o Entertainment meetings are suspended until further notice.
Christmas party booked for 12/12 from 6 to 10.
Upcoming are Duckaneer Pirate ship
mid-August, trip to Tangier Island, hopefully away trip to Houston,
depending on date, pub crawl on Kent Island in May, crab feast in
October and a bull/oyster roast/Halloween party on 10/31, Capitols
game in fall. We'll keep all
posted on dates.
o Entertainment Schedule 2020:
§ 12/12 – Christmas Party
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN here from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· Tonight - Free Movie on the Beach: Summer 2020, Carousel Hotel. Enjoy free movies on the beach every Wednesday from June 3 to August 26 at the Carousel Hotel on 117th St. in Ocean City MD. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16-foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. The movie starts at dusk. For more information, call 800-626-2326.
Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:
o August 26: Mulan
· Tomorrow - Sunset Park Party Nights - Free Concerts, S. Division St. & the Bay. Enjoy free concerts in Ocean City Maryland in Sunset Park every Thursday in July and August from 7pm - 9pm.
Sunset Park Party Nights provides a perfect outdoor setting overlooking the bay in Ocean City MD. Bring a chair and watch the sunset as you listen to great live music. Sunset Park is located along South Division Street between Philadelphia Avenue and the Bay, next to the US Coast Guard Station in downtown Ocean City MD.
All concert admissions and parking are free and open to the public. Beverages, including beer, are available for purchase. Please bring your own chair!
Save the 2020 Music Schedule & Dates:
o August 27 - The Dunehounds (Funky Jams)
· Tomorrow - Ocean City Beach Dance Party, On the Beach at the Caroline Street Stage. Let's Dance! Bring the family for a fun, free Ocean City dance party every Thursday from 8:30pm - 10:30pm during July and August on the beach at Caroline Street, just off the Ocean City MD Boardwalk. Family friendly dance music will be played by local Ocean City DJs. Join in the crowd dancing on the beach! Bring your friends, beach chair and blanket and head to downtown Ocean City Maryland for good music and fun times!
This event is for all ages.
For more information, please contact the Ocean City Recreation and Park Department at 410-250-0125, or the Ocean City Visitors Center at 800-626-2326.
· Tomorrow - Beach Fireworks, OC Events. The Ocean City Beach Fireworks Display is an amazing fireworks show expertly displayed right over the Atlantic Ocean. Enjoy exciting fireworks every Thursday evening at 10:30 pm beginning on June 18 through September 3. If you are already visiting the Boardwalk, the fireworks is an added bonus. The fireworks will be visible along the Ocean City Boardwalk. The show will begin at 10:30pm and run for approximately 10 minutes. Enjoy!
· Tomorrow thru Saturday - 2020 Ocean City Jeep Week, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Hosted at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center & Ocean City Area. VENDORS, VINTAGE JEEP DISPLAY, SHOW SPECIALS & PARTS FOR YOUR 4X4, THE ULTIMATE OFF-ROAD EXPO. Admission is Required. THURSDAY - FRIDAY 10am - 5pm, SATURDAY 10am - 5pm. For More Information Contact - Brad Hoffman, 443-366-5944 or email: email@example.com.
· Saturday - Summer Surf Series #5 - ESA Delmarva, 36th Street Ocean City, MD. The Eastern Surfing Association (ESA) is dedicated to the sport of amateur surfing and to the establishment and preservation of free access to clean shores!
The Delmarva District of the ESA began in 1969 by a small group of Ocean City, MD surfers, and its first Directors were Al and Skill Johnson. Today surfers from DE, MD and Virginia's Eastern Shore compete within the Delmarva ESA District.
The Delmarva District encourages participation by surfers of all ages, and all skill levels. ESA Delmarva depends on the volunteer service of the District Directors and all of the member volunteers who help provide fun, efficient and skill building surf contests!
· Monday & Tuesday - Drive-In Movies, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Looking for a fun and free event in Ocean City, Maryland? Starting in mid-June, Ocean City will be offering free drive-in movies on Mondays & Tuesdays at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center! This is an awesome experience for both residents and visitors to Ocean City. The events provide entertainment while being mindful of physical distancing.
· Upcoming Freeman Stage Events:
o Thursday, August 27 – Jimmy Charles Band
o Friday, August 28 – Kategory 5 Band
o Saturday, August 29 – Kool Beans
o Saturday, August 29 – Classic Stones Live
Go to https://freemanstage.org/ for all the info.
old lady was walking down the street dragging two large plastic garbage bags
behind her. One of the bags was ripped
and every once in a while a $20 fell out onto the sidewalk.
Noticing this, a policeman stopped her, and said, "Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling out of that bag."
"Oh really? Darn it!" said the little old lady. "I'd better go back and see if I can find them. Thanks for telling me officer."
"Well, now, not so fast," said the cop. "Where did you get all that money? You didn't steal it, did you?"
"Oh, no, no", said the old lady. "You see, my back yard is right next to the football stadium parking lot. On game days, a lot of fans come and pee through a knot hole in the fence, right into my flower garden. It used to really tick me off. Kills the flowers, you know. Then I thought, why not make the best of it? So, now, on game days, I stand behind the fence by the knot hole, real quiet, with my hedge clippers.
Every time some guy sticks his thing through my fence, I surprise him, grab hold of it and say, 'O.K., buddy! Give me $20, or off it comes.'"
"Well, that seems only fair," said the cop, laughing. "OK. Good luck! Oh, by the way, what's in the other bag?"
"Well, you know", said the little old lady, "not everybody pays."
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.