Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Tonight - OC Ravens Roost #44 Scholarship Fundraiser, 4 - 7 p.m. @ White Marlin Mall 5-Guys. 20% of Sales will be donated to the OC Ravens Roost 44 Scholarship Fund. Get your voucher here.
- Friday – WCS Meeting @ …
- Saturday - First Roost Boardwalk Bike Ride, 9:00 AM. Starts at the end of the boardwalk and we go to the Inlet. Some folks stop for a group breakfast on the way back. Some folks walk instead of biking. Everybody welcome. Let's welcome Spring! Other tentative dates are June 6, July 11, August 1, September 5, October 3.
- Thursday, May 28 thru Sunday, May 31 - Council of Ravens Roosts Annual Convention, Castle in the Sand Hotel. Parade is Saturday morning. We only had 13 people signed up for the parade at the last meeting. Our idea is to bid a fond farewell to Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, and Haloti Ngata. Some will be dressed as Jacoby "dancing with the stars" with a top hat, sparkling shoes and bow tie. Torrey will dress with dreadlocks. Ngata will be Polynesian. Other walkers will wear cardboard hearts. This idea will not work if we only have 13 people, so I need some of our 208 members to come out and play that Saturday morning. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, Jo Ann.
- Friday, May 29 - Roost #44 18th Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament @ the Ocean Pines Golf Club. $100 per golfer; 9 am shotgun start. Get all of the details HERE.
- October 24 - ROAD TRIP: This is the hotel for the Cardinals game on 10/26: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phxgr-renaissance-phoenix-glendale-hotel-and-spa/ The block of rooms is now available. Call 1-800-931-1595. Tell them you are with the "OC Ravens Roost 44" group. Again Group rate is good for 3 days before (Thursday 10/22) and 10/29). Cost including room taxes and fees is $217.67/night. THERE IS ALSO A $4/PP "" fee IN AND OUT ($8 total per person) that will be added to your final bill. There are only 25 rooms on hold so I would call ASAP. Please let me know that you have booked your room and how many game tickets you will need. Cost for the tickets/T-Shirt/Social will be sent out after I get the final ticket pricing around May 5th. The block of rooms in AZ will drop as of 5/4 and that I need a count of game tickets needed. The road trip is open to roost members only right now. We may open it to "friends" later next week. First come first served. Is anyone interested in the Miami game on 12/6? I will call the Marriott in Ft. Lauderdale where we usually stay tomorrow to get prices. Let me know what you think. Great entertainment options next to our Hotel: http://westgateaz.com/dine/dining-guide/. Gary
- Entertainment Update from Eric:
- Council Parade May 30- T Shirts being ordered for parade. For those who have already signed up, please email your T Shirt size to Eric Waterman @ email@example.com. We are still looking for many more volunteers. Just email your name and T Shirt size to Eric this week. Let's step up, this is OUR town! Still need lots of people to email T shirt sizes.
- Roost Picnic- July 11 at White Horse Park. Rain date July 12.
- Other Tentative Roost Dates -
- Orioles Game June 28th vs. Cleveland Indians
- Shorebird Game- August 15th. Fireworks after the game. We may have a bus for the game depending on how many members attend. The survey from the last Roost meeting indicated that at least 22 members are interested in attending a Shorebird game..
- Pig Roast- Sometime in October
- Tour Wallops Island Tour- Sometime in November\
- Entertainment Committee-
- Next meeting Tuesday May 5th at the Blue Ox, 6:30 pm. We need MORE members to attend these meetings for fresh ideas and feedback. You aren't committed to anything by just attending one of our these meetings. So drop in and see if you would like to volunteer for any of the many social activities. Remember ALL members are welcome to attend our meetings at anytime.
- Thanks, Eric.
- Dues ($30 per member) are past due. Checks are to be made to Ravens Roost 44, and may be mailed to Jo Ann at 126 Pine Tree Rd., Ocean City, MD 21842.
- Roost Apparel: The last order of sweatshirts featuring the 3 Ravens logos (one OC Flag, One MD Flag, One US Flag) were apparently a hit and are sold out. I have a few short sleeved T's left in various sizes and colors ( or black) for $15. I can place another order if you now see them would love to have one. The cost is $25 for a zipped sweatshirt in either black or dark , long sleeve T's in black, or PURPLE for $20. I need 40 orders before we can get another run done. If interested, please email Maggie at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up at the next meeting. Thanks. Maggie Miller
- Schedule released yesterday! Go here if you need to print it out!
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Saturday - Ride for the Feast, Ocean City Boardwalk. Ride for the Feast is a two-day, 140-mile bicycle ride from Ocean City to Baltimore. Proceeds benefit Moveable Feast. The event raises money for Moveable Feast, the only Maryland nonprofit that delivers healthy meals to people living with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other life-threatening illnesses. Our services are provided in Baltimore City, the 5 surrounding counties and on the Eastern Shore, all at no cost to our clients. Last year, Moveable Feast delivered 702,083 life-saving meals to 3,637 Marylanders.
- Saturday - Island To Island Half Marathon 5K | Assateague Island To The Ocean City Inlet, Ocean City Inlet. This 13.1 mile race from Assateague Island and we will finish the race at the Inlet in Ocean City. Start your journey from the beautiful Assateague Island, run the scenic route 611 and finish in the historic downtown Inlet. Your post party begins once you cross the finish line! Join us for the most fun and entertaining post race party of the year with food, refreshments, live music and an award ceremony.
- Saturday - White Marlin Festival & Crab Soup Cook Off | Compete for the Title of Best Crab Soup, Somerset Plaza at Somerset St. in Downtown OC. The OC Downtown Association kicks off the summer season with 8th annual event. Taste & help judge the resort’s finest crab soups for a small fee. Enjoy music, clowns, face painters and magicians. Local community group exhibits. Located at Somerset Plaza, just off the Boardwalk on Somerset Street in downtown Ocean City. Saturday, Noon to 3pm. For more information, contact the Downtown Association at 410-289-1413 or visit www.downtownassociation.net.
- Friday, May 8 - Ocean City Hometown Heroes Military Banner Dedication Ceremony to be held on the Ocean City Boardwalk at the Firefighters / 911 Memorial, 11:30 am. Everyone is welcome. Please show your support for our TROOPS!!! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Trish.
- Tuesday, May 19th - Fried Hard Crab Dinner, 5-7pm, Knights of Columbus Council Hall, 9901 Coastal Highway (behind St. Luke's Church). Choice of: 1) Fried Hard Crab, 2) Fried Crab Cake or Fluff, or 3) Broiled Crab Cake. Includes crab soup, corn on the cob, pretzels, onion rings, salads, roll and dessert. $20 per person - cash bar. Make reservations by May 16. Call 410.524.7994 Monday thru Friday, 9 to 1pm. Walk-ins welcome.
- My cousin owned one of the biggest and fastest-growing businesses in Miami, a furniture store. I convinced him that he needed to take a trip to Italy to check out the merchandise himself and because he was still single, he could check out all the hot Italian women and maybe get lucky.
As he was checking into a hotel he struck up an acquaintance with a beautiful young lady. She only spoke Italian and he only spoke English- neither understood a word the other spoke. So he took out a pencil and a notebook and drew a picture of a taxi. She smiled, nodded her head and they went for a ride in the park. Later, he drew a picture of a table in a restaurant with a question mark and she nodded. So they went to dinner.
After dinner he sketched two dancers and she was delighted. They went to several nightclubs, drank champagne, danced and had a glorious evening. It had gotten quite late when she motioned for the pencil and drew a picture of a four-poster bed.
He was dumbfounded. To this day he says that he’s never been able to understand how she knew he was in the furniture business.
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
- Our prayers go out to Pietruszka and her family. Make a speedy recovery !
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory