Roost #44 Poop
· (Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation)
· From the Prez –
· Dates to Remember:
o 12/10/2020 – December Roost Meeting
o 1/1/2021 – Penguin Swim
· Membership: We currently have 121 paid members. Thanks all!
· Wellness: Please contact Carol Monroe at email@example.com if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
· House: All monthly Roost meetings to be held at the American Legion @ 23rd Street until further notice.
· Penguin Swim: The OC Ravens Roost #44 “Penguin Swim Team” is once again raising money for Atlantic General Hospital as part of their 27th Annual Penguin Swim which takes place at the Princess Royal Hotel on New Years Day. Last year we raised over $14,700 and the total raised by the Team in the past twelve years is $126,991. PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING THE TEAM !!!! You can register at "www.aghpenguinswim.org". Simply click on "join a team", then click on "Ravens Roost 44" and fill out the information. If you are a returning team member, be sure to click on "returning penguin" at the top of the page first. There is a $25 registration fee to join a team.
This is the Team's 13th year participating in the Swim and "getting wet for a good cause". We normally hold several fundraising events throughout the year in addition to personal donations collected from friends and neighbors. This year, due to the Covid-19 concerns and restrictions, we have been restricted to just doing a raffle and one fundraising event at The Shrimp Boat in West OC which took place on Fri. & Sat. 10/30-31. This has greatly restricted our fundraising efforts and made our personal requests for donations much more important.
If you are able, please make a donation to support the entire OC Ravens Roost 44 Team's effort to help this very worthy cause, our non-profit community hospital. Simply go to "www.aghpenguinswim.org", scroll down the left side of the page and click on "Search All Teams” Then click on “OC Ravens Roost 44”. Scroll down to “Team Members” and click on the name of the penguin you want to donate to, then fill out the requested info.
You can also support the Team by purchasing a raffle ticket (or 3) that could win you one of 3 great prizes; Five $100 gift cards ($500 value) to local restaurants; a catered in-home seafood dinner for 6 from the Shrimp Boat; a Basket of cheer. Tickets are $10/each or 3 for $25. See below for more info.
Remember, whether you live here or just visit the OC area, if you have a medical issue while here, you will probably wind up at Atlantic General Hospital. Help to make it the very best it can be.
See below for additional details.
· Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes 2020: Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes 2020. The Football Sweepstakes officially started October 29,2020! The tickets are only $20 a piece and we have a guaranteed winner each week – It could be YOU!
Reach out to Michele via email or text to purchase tickets. We will have you mail payment checks to Michele, your purchaser ticket information (name, e-mail, phone, full mailing address), and stamped self-addressed envelopes for Michele to mail the tickets back to you. Or, we will email you photocopies of your sweepstakes tickets until we see each other in person.
If you want to get a “bundle” of Sweepstakes tickets to sell, contact Michele.
If you have any questions, please each out to Michele by email, text or phone:
· For the Good of the Roost:
o Entertainment meetings are suspended until further notice.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN here from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· Now thru January 2 - Winterfest Of Lights, Northside Park. See how Ocean City, MD, sparkles this winter and visit the Winterfest of Lights! This walking event will take you through thousands of sparkling holiday lights and many animated light displays located along a paved path in Northside Park. Sip hot chocolate, take a photo with Santa, visit our gift shop android walk through the array of holiday exhibits – including many surprises. Come see the 50-foot Christmas tree put on a show for you and soak up all of the holiday spirit at Winterfest of Lights. Admission is only $5 for guests 12 years and older and FREE for children 11 years and younger. So grab your family and friends, and don't miss this award-winning holiday event. 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Open Wednesday through Sunday Nights / Closed Monday and Tuesday Nights.
· Friday thru Sunday - Annual Holiday Shoppers Fair, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. There's so much to choose from at the annual Holiday Shoppers Fair at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center! Shop from handmade products, nautical accessories, candles, photography, florals, jewelry, ceramics, and more. Over 150 Vendors! Get a unique gift that your loved ones won't forget! Admission is FREE. Free parking, a food court and a non shoppers lounge make it the event for the entire family.
· It’s my wife’s birthday soon and she’s been leaving jewelry catalogs all over the house.
She'll be happy to know I got the hint.
I got her a magazine rack!
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.
· Everyone have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving!