Roost #44 Poop
· Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation)
· From the Prez –
Greetings to all..just a reminder that the next meeting will be March 10th @7:00 at the American Legion in Ocean City..it will also be virtual meeting as well..I will send out the link on the week of the meeting..The Ravens Convention for 2021 will be held on Thursday June 3rd through Sunday June 6th… stay safe till the next time
· Dates to Remember:
o 3/10/21 – Monthly Roost Meeting
· Membership: Yearly dues still $30 – Cheap! Thanks to everyone that has paid so far. Right now, we have 67 paid members.
I’ll be accepting dues in person at the meeting, or mail them to me at: Susan Berterman, 12290 Dixie Drive, Bishopville, MD 21813. Please make all checks payable to Ravens Roost #44.
Applications for membership continue to be received, and introductions/votes will be made at the next (virtual) meeting.
· Scholarship Golf Tournament: 24th Annual Golf Scholarship Fund Raiser. The sponsorship/business letter, tee sponsor & golf registration forms are on our website-www.ocravensroost44.com. Please share the forms with your local businesses, family & friends. If you can volunteer now and/or the day of the event please let Bob Munroe or Don McMullen know.
Please contact us for additional forms or if you have a business or golfers that you would like us to mail the forms to.
Please bring any donations to our March monthly meeting.
Our annual event will be held June 4th at the Ocean Pines Golf Club & the luncheon/silent auction will follow at the The Clubhouse Bar & Grill.
Don McMullen & Bob Munroe
· Wellness: Please contact Carol Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
· House: All meetings that we do hold for the foreseeable future will be at the American Legion on 23rd St./Coastal Hwy. They will follow all proper virus protocols for safety, We will take it a month at a time and keep everyone notified by the poop and Caw. Happy "Vaccine Distribution Day" coming to our area soon!
· Parade: No St. Paddy parade. No Convention parade either, but the Convention will go on!
· Apparel: The apparel store is now open, from now until May 30. Go to https://ravensroost44.itemorder.com/sale for the stuff! Word of advice, the jerseys in the past have been cut exceptionally small. Contact Rich Hansen @ email@example.com if you have any questions.
· Entertainment: Entertainment meetings are suspended until further notice. The Entertainment Committee has booked our 2021 Christmas party at Mio Fratello on Dec 4th, 6pm to 10pm. We will have seating and menu selections at Oct meeting. Also considering away trip to Las Vegas for Ravens/Raiders game.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN here from columnist Roch Kubatko.
Sam has been in business for 25 years and is finally
sick of the stress. He quits his job and buys 50 acres in Alaska as far from
humanity as possible. He sees the postman once a week and gets groceries once a
month. Otherwise it's total peace and quiet. After six months or so of almost
total isolation, someone knocks on his door. He opens it and there's a big,
bearded man standing there.
"Name's Lars ...Your neighbor from forty miles away....Having a birthday party Friday ... Thought you might like to come. About 5...
"Great," says Sam, "after six months out here I'm ready to meet some local folks. Thank you."
As Lars is leaving, he stops. "Gotta warn you...There's gonna be some drinkin'."
"Not a problem... after 25 years in business, I can drink with the best of em."
Again, as he starts to leave, Lars stops. "More'n'likely gonna be some fightin' too."
Sam says, "Well, I get along with people. I'll be there. Thanks again."
Once again Lars turns from the door. "I've seen some wild sex at these parties, too."
"Now that's really not a problem," says Sam. "I've been all alone for six months! I'll definitely be there. By the way, what should I bring?"
Lars stops in the door again and says, "Whatever you want, just gonna be the two of us".
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.