Roost #44 Poop
· Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation)
· From the Prez –
Greetings to all…Our next meeting will be at the American Legion in Ocean City on Wednesday March 10th @ 7:00pm..the meeting will be in person or Virtual if you cannot attend..scheduling conflicts by the Legion due to St Patrick’s weekend made our meeting a day sooner..the kitchen will remain open from 7:00 till 8:00..the bar will remain open until end of meeting..please join us ..
Sorry for the virtual mix up at last meeting as I forgot my tablet and we could not bring people on since I was the host ( go figure ) more details in later Poops, but I think I’ll stick with Zoom since it seems that app is more accessible..
I STILL NEED A COUNT OF HOW MANY OF OUR ROOST MEMBERS WILL BE ATTENDING THE 2021 RAVENS ROOST CONVENTION..I need to give a feedback to the Council at this Friday’s meeting..please email me back if attending @ email@example.com..stay safe a please register for the vaccines
· Dates to Remember:
o 3/10/21 – Monthly Roost Meeting
· Membership: Yearly dues still $30 – Cheap! Thanks to everyone that has paid so far. Right now, we have 52 paid members.
· I’ll be accepting dues in person at the meeting, or mail them to me at: Susan Berterman, 12290 Dixie Drive, Bishopville, MD 21813. Please make all checks payable to Ravens Roost #44.
Applications for membership continue to be received, and introductions/votes will be made at the next (virtual) meeting.
· Scholarship Golf Tournament: The sponsorship/business letter, tee sponsor & golf registration forms are on our website: www.ocravensroost44.com. Please share the forms with your local businesses, family & friends. If you can volunteer now and/or the day of the event please let Bob Munroe Or Don McMullen know.
Please contact us for additional forms or if you have a business or golfers that you would like us to mail the forms to. Our annual event will be held June 4th at the Ocean Pines Golf Club & the luncheon/silent auction will follow at the The Clubhouse Bar & Grill.
Don McMullen & Bob Munroe
· Wellness: Please contact Carol Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
· House: All meetings that we do hold for the foreseeable future will be at the American Legion on 23rd St./Coastal Hwy. They will follow all proper virus protocols for safety, We will take it a month at a time and keep everyone notified by the poop and Caw. Happy "Vaccine Distribution Day" coming to our area soon!
· Parade: No St. Paddy parade. No Convention parade either, but the Convention will go on!
· Entertainment: Entertainment meetings are suspended until further notice. The Entertainment Committee has booked our 2021 Christmas party at Mio Fratello on Dec 4th, 6pm to 10pm. We will have seating and menu selections at Oct meeting. Also considering away trip to Las Vegas for Ravens/Raiders game.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN here from columnist Roch Kubatko.
Two old women were sitting on a bench waiting for
their bus. The buses were running late,
and a lot of time passed. Finally, one
woman turned to the other and said, "You know, I've been sitting here so
long, my butt fell asleep!'.
The other woman turned to her and said "I know! I heard it snoring!"
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.