Roost #44 Poop
· Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation)
· From the Prez –
Greetings to all..our next meeting will be on February 11th at 7:30 and will be virtual..I will post instructions on next weeks Poop..Wednesday will be the last day if you wish to purchase blocks for the Super Bowl pool sponsored by the Council..I will send information to those who have purchase the blocks on where to send your money..please send in your 2021 membership dues (contact Sue Berterman )… I would like to get a count on how many of our members will be attending this years 2021 Ravens Convention..I’ll will have an update for our next meeting..also please patronize our local bars and restaurants as the curfew has been lifted in Maryland- not sure for Delaware..be safe ..
· Dates to Remember:
o 2/11/21 – Monthly Roost Meeting
· Membership: February meeting, meaning its time for the 2021 dues. Still $30 – Cheap! I’ll be accepting dues in person at the meeting, or mail them to me at:
Susan Berterman, 12290 Dixie Drive, Bishopville, MD 21813. Please make all checks payable to Ravens Roost #44.
· Scholarship Golf Tournament: Good morning. Plans are under way to have our 24th Annual Golf College Scholarship fundraiser in 2021 benefiting Indian River, Stephen Decatur & Worcester Prep Scholar Athletes.
The 2020 golf winners were the COVID 19 pandemic
We have reserved June 4, 2021 at the Ocean Pines Golf Club for our 9:00am shotgun tournament, luncheon & fundraiser. The Ravens Roost Council is scheduling to have their annual Ocean City convention that weekend too.
If you can volunteer for this fundraiser please contact Bob Munroe & me.
Thank you, Don McMullen.
· Wellness: Please contact Carol Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
· Penguin Swim: Click the link to see the awards! https://www.facebook.com/151654648259882/posts/3708964795862165/?d=n
· House: All meetings that we do hold for the foreseeable future will be at the American Legion on 23rd St./Coastal Hwy. They will follow all proper virus protocols for safety, We will take it a month at a time and keep everyone notified by the poop and Caw. Happy "Vaccine Distribution Day" coming to our area soon!
· Entertainment: Entertainment meetings are suspended until further notice.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Sunday - Superbowl Sunday Scramble - Eagle's Landing Golf Course. Eagle’s Landing offers the opportunity for golfers to enjoy a fun and competitive round of golf prior to one of the greatest sporting events of the year, the Super Bowl. This is a very popular event for locals and visitors alike and sells out each year.
The event is a 4-player scramble with a unique scoring format. The team consists of a Coach, Quarterback, Running Back and Wide Receiver. Teams score points in the following manner: Touchdown (eagle) 6 points, Field Goal (birdie) 3 points, Extra Point (par) 1 point and Safety (bogey) –2 points. 30% of the “A” player’s handicap is the team offense.
* Tailgate Party at 9 AM (breakfast/brunch)
* Kick Off is at 10 AM (shotgun start)
* Also included is “Throw the Bomb” on the third hole and Melanie’s Blitz Soup served at half time.
Ticket Price: $60 per golfer includes green fees, cart and tailgate party. Prizes will be awared for winning teams.
Call the Golf Shop (410) 213-7277 or Email email@example.com to sign up.
· A Dutchman was explaining the red, white and blue Netherlands flag to an American.
"Our flag is symbolic of our taxes. We get red when we talk about them, white when we get our tax bills, and blue after we pay them."
The American nodded. "It's the same in the USA only we see stars too!"
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.