Roost #44 Poop
· Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation
· From the Prez –
Greetings to all..A reminder that if you are planning to attend the convention to turn in your registration and check to Joann Elder..see her post on today’s Poop for details..Our next meeting will be held on May 13th at the OC American Legion…next weekend will be the NFL draft and will be interesting on what Steve thinks the Ravens will do..read Don McMullen’s post on the latest for the Golf Scholarship tournament and the golf committee is looking for volunteers..I hope most of you have had your vaccinations or at least the one shot so everyone can come to the meetings..all take care and stay safe
· Dates to Remember:
o 5/13/21 – Monthly Roost Meeting
· Membership: Yearly dues still $30 – Cheap! Thanks to everyone that has paid so far. Right now, we have 88 paid members.
I’ll be accepting dues in person at the meeting, or mail them to me at: Susan Berterman, 12290 Dixie Drive, Bishopville, MD 21813. Please make all checks payable to Ravens Roost #44.
Applications for membership continue to be received, and introductions/votes will be made at the next meeting.
· 24th Annual Ravens Roost #44 Scholarship Golf tournament: Our annual golf scholarship fundraiser tournament is scheduled for June 4th at the Ocean Pines Golf Club with a 9:00am shotgun start. A Continental Breakfast & Lunch are scheduled at the Ocean Pines Bar & Grill with silent auction tables. Each golfer will receive a goody bag & two drink coupons. The winner of the putting contest will receive $500.00 & the cash raffle winner will receive $250.00.
We're in need of major sponsors, tee sponsors, golfers, business gift cards, hotel certificates & adult beverage donation for our silent auction. Tee sponsor & golf registration forms are on our website. Please bring items for the silent auction to the May 13th monthly meeting at the American Legion.
Bob Munroe & Don McMullen
· Wellness: Please contact Carol Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
· House: All meetings that we do hold for the foreseeable future will be at the American Legion on 23rd St./Coastal Hwy. They will follow all proper virus protocols for safety, We will take it a month at a time and keep everyone notified by the poop and Caw. Happy "Vaccine Distribution Day" coming to our area soon!
· Convention: Registrations are still being accepted, but if I get them after today, April 21,you may miss out on the souvenirs, and have to pay a little more. Any shirt orders must be received by April 29th. We have 25 registered--should be a good time. Any registrants who would like to join any of the activities have until May to sign up. If you have any questions, please call me at 410-251-4360. Thanks, Jo Ann.
· Apparel: The apparel store is now open, from now until May 30. Go to https://ravensroost44.itemorder.com/sale for the stuff! Word of advice, the jerseys in the past have been cut exceptionally small. Contact Rich Hansen @ email@example.com if you have any questions.
· Entertainment: The next entertainment committee meeting will be May 12, 12 noon at Greene Turtle. Anyone who'd like to help out is welcomed. We will be discussing bringing back the Raft Ups we used to do, our picnic, away games and Duckaneer Pirate ship. Looking forward to getting back to normal businesses!
The Entertainment Committee has booked our 2021 Christmas party at Mio Fratello on Dec 18th, 6pm to 10pm. We will have seating and menu selections at Oct meeting. Also considering away trip to Las Vegas for Ravens/Raiders game.
· Roost #44 Football Sweepstakes 2021 - Football Sweepstakes – Get ready! Roost #44 is excited to announce we will once again be conducting our Football Sweepstakes, but we are mixing it up this year. Rather than a shortened 10 game season, we are doing a full 17-week sweepstakes season. That is right, for your $20 contribution you receive 7, that is SEVEN more chances to win - Yahoo! And we made it easier by offering an electronic way to get your game cards – Check out our website at: https://www.charitymania.com/give/ab015. Share it with family and friends to boost our fundraiser totals!
With the new Full Game Season with 17 chances to win, several of the dates have changed:
o Tickets on sale NOW at the Roost meetings and Convention, as well as the website
o Sweepstakes run for 17 weeks – From September 2 thru December 26
o Last day to get game cards for the full 17-week season à September 2
o Late ticket deadline à October 24 (not eligible to win for any prior weeks)
o We will have at least one guaranteed winner each week – It could be you!!!!
o Prizes are awarded each week to the highest 25 game cards that score the most points
§ First place - $400
§ Second Place - $200
§ Third place - $100
§ Next 22 Runner ups - $25
o Prizes are awarded each week for the lowest scoring 5 game cards
§ Lowest score - $50
§ Next 4 Runner ups - $25
o Grand Prize Season ending
§ Highest Valued Card of the Season - $1000
§ Lowest Valued card of the Season - $200
Cash Prizes will be awarded at the Monthly Meetings or by mail. Michele Sardelis will be selling Sweepstake tickets at the Monthly Meetings and at the Ravens Roost Convention. We will have a table setup near the sign-up table prior to the meetings to purchase your Sweepstakes tickets. We will accept exact change and checks made out to Ravens Roost #44. Or get your game cards via the website at: https://www.charitymania.com/give/ab015.
If you want to get a “bundle” of Sweepstakes tickets to sell, contact Michele. If you have any questions, please each out to Michele by email, text or phone:
Let’s have some Football Sweepstakes Fun! It is going to be a GREAT YEAR!!!
· Good of the Roost: Spaghetti Dinner at the American Legion. Click the link: http://www.alpost166.org/ for more info/buy tickets.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Into Maryland Terrapins basketball? Get your Terps fix here.
· Friday thru Sunday - Maryland International Kite Expo, Kite Loft. Ocean City, Maryland and The Kite Loft welcome you to come and fly on the beautiful beaches along our famous boardwalk. The Maryland International Kite Exposition will feature three days of kite flying on the beaches of Ocean City, Maryland.
Throughout the festival there will be exhibitions and demonstrations including stunt and power kite lessons, Giant kite displays and much more! The festival will showcase some of the best kite flyers from around the world. Kites of all shapes and sizes will be on display.
On behalf of The Town of Ocean City and The Kite Loft we welcome everyone to join in the festivities. Bring your family for several days of good old fashion kite flying. Remember when we say, “Go Fly A Kite”, we mean it.
More details to come.
· A man is walking home late at night when he sees a woman in the shadows.
"Twenty bucks," she says. He'd never been with a hooker before, but he decides what the hell it's only twenty bucks. They're going at it for a minute when all of a sudden a light flashes on them it's a police officer.
"What's going on here, people?" asks the officer.
"I'm making love to my wife," the man answers indignantly.
"Oh, I'm sorry," says the cop, "I didn't know."
"Well," said the man, "neither did I until you shined that light in her face."
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.