Roost #44 Poop
· Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation
· From the Prez –
Greetings to all..we had a good turnout at our meeting last Thursday (32 attendees) and want to thank all who came out..sorry if anyone had trouble logging in by virtual..That will be the last meeting we do virtual…please come out and join the meeting
We have the Council of the Ravens Roost convention coming up and along with the Golf Scholarship Golf Tournament that is a nice way to kick off for the summer ( see Joann and Don’s segments on these events..
My thanks again to Michele for setting up our football sweepstakes this coming season.. also the entertainment committee is looking at Ravens road trips, pontoon boat bar crawls and other events in the planning stages, so it looks like things are getting back to normal
Remember to sign up for the vaccinations if you haven’t done..stay safe
· Dates to Remember:
o 5/13/21 – Monthly Roost Meeting
· Membership: Yearly dues still $30 – Cheap! Thanks to everyone that has paid so far. Right now, we have 88 paid members.
I’ll be accepting dues in person at the meeting, or mail them to me at: Susan Berterman, 12290 Dixie Drive, Bishopville, MD 21813. Please make all checks payable to Ravens Roost #44.
Applications for membership continue to be received, and introductions/votes will be made at the next (virtual) meeting.
· 24th Annual Ravens Roost #44 Scholarship Golf tournament: Our 24th Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament is scheduled for June 4th at Ocean Pines Golf Club. The 9:00 am Shotgun scramble includes golf, breakfast, lunch & a silent auction.
We need sponsors, tee sign donations, golfers, gift cards & silent auction items. Baskets of Adult Cheer can be donated at the May monthly meeting. Please contact Bob Munroe or Don McMullen if you can volunteer the day of the tournament.
· Wellness: Please contact Carol Monroe at email@example.com if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
· House: All meetings that we do hold for the foreseeable future will be at the American Legion on 23rd St./Coastal Hwy. They will follow all proper virus protocols for safety, We will take it a month at a time and keep everyone notified by the poop and Caw. Happy "Vaccine Distribution Day" coming to our area soon!
· Parade: No Convention parade, but the Convention will go on!
· Convention: Convention The Convention will be held June 3-6, 2021, at the Castle in the Sand Hotel. Late registrations are now being accepted, but the price increases and you will not receive a souvenir bag.
Our Roost will have the same hospitality suite and we will work hard to make the convention as pleasant as possible.
T-shirts will be available at the Convention. If you’d like to pick one up, you can stop at the shopping tent on the Castle’s parking lot or contact me to order one ahead of time.
Activities scheduled are: Lip Sync Battles—held on Thursday night, 2 groups only 2 songs, per Roost; the Convention Quest (scavenger hunt) Friday morning at the Castle; Bingo, Friday at 1 p.m., Karaoke, Friday evening; Corn Hole—bring your own bags, and teams are responsible for cleaning the boards after their game—Friday and Saturday at the Castle., up to 3 teams per Roost with 2 members per team. Horseshoes—2-member teams, Friday and Saturday at the Castle. Laser Tag will be held at Game World on 146th St., from 12-2 and 4-6, on Friday. Miniature golf will be held Friday at 8:00 a.m. at Nick’s Golf on 45th St. We can have two teams of 2 participating this year. If you’re interested in any of these activities, you need to register for them by our May meeting, so please get in touch with me. Activities are open to registered attendees only.
· Apparel: The apparel store is now open, from now until May 30. Go to https://ravensroost44.itemorder.com/sale for the stuff! Word of advice, the jerseys in the past have been cut exceptionally small. Contact Rich Hansen @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
· Entertainment: The next entertainment committee meeting will be May 12, 12 noon at Greene Turtle. Anyone who'd like to help out is welcomed. We will be discussing bringing back the Raft Ups we used to do, our picnic, away games and Duckaneer Pirate ship. Looking forward to getting back to normal businesses!
The Entertainment Committee has booked our 2021 Christmas party at Mio Fratello on Dec 18th, 6pm to 10pm. We will have seating and menu selections at Oct meeting. Also considering away trip to Las Vegas for Ravens/Raiders game.
· Good of the Roost: Spaghetti Dinner at the American Legion. Click the link: http://www.alpost166.org/ for more info/buy tickets.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Into Maryland Terrapins basketball? Get your Terps fix here.
· Someone broke into my garage last night and took a bunch of stuff, including my limbo stick!
Seriously, how low can you go?
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.