Roost #44 Poop
· Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation
· From the Prez –
Greetings to all…It was a good turn out at last week’s meeting. We had 26 in attendance and 5 virtual..thanks to all ..our next meeting will be in the live/virtual format and be held at the Legion..p
Please submit your dues to Sue Berterman if you haven’t done so..
See or contact Joann Elder if you’re planning on attending the convention..
See Don McMullen about helping with the Golf scholarship committee..
I need someone or persons to help with a re-design of our Roost #44 website..please contact me if interested firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a safe and Happy St. Patrick’s Day..and please sign up for the vaccinations…
· Dates to Remember:
o 4/7/21 – Entertainment Meeting
o 4/8/21 – Monthly Roost Meeting
· Membership: Yearly dues still $30 – Cheap! Thanks to everyone that has paid so far. Right now, we have 77 paid members.
I’ll be accepting dues in person at the meeting, or mail them to me at: Susan Berterman, 12290 Dixie Drive, Bishopville, MD 21813. Please make all checks payable to Ravens Roost #44.
Applications for membership continue to be received, and introductions/votes will be made at the next (virtual) meeting.
· 24th Annual Ravens Roost #44 Scholarship Golf tournament: To date we have received Ten (10) $100.00 tee sponsor donations, $150.00 in donations, $1080.00 for nine (9) golfers and one silent auction item. Matt Ortt, Companies will be one of our sponsors. We need Signature ($2,000.00) and Major Sponsors ($1,000.00) as well as $100.00 Tee sponsors.
Golfers are needed as well as Merchandise and Gift Certificates for our silent auction items. Please contact Bob Munroe or Don McMullen if you can volunteer before & during our golf event;
June 4, 2021 Ocean Pines Golf Club 9:00am shotgun start, breakfast & lunch at the Ocean Pines Golf Clubhouse Bar & Grille. We will have prizes for the #1 Ravens Roost team as well as prizes for other teams. There will be closest to the pin winners-men & women, longest drive winners-men & women, a putting contest winner $500.00 and a $250.00 cash raffle winner. There will a gift bags for each golfer.
· Wellness: Please contact Carol Monroe at email@example.com if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
· House: All meetings that we do hold for the foreseeable future will be at the American Legion on 23rd St./Coastal Hwy. They will follow all proper virus protocols for safety, We will take it a month at a time and keep everyone notified by the poop and Caw. Happy "Vaccine Distribution Day" coming to our area soon!
· Parade: No Convention parade, but the Convention will go on!
· Convention: I’m repeating some things; please bear with me. The Council is planning to hold the Convention this year from Thursday, June 3 through Sunday, June 6th, at the Castle in the Sand Hotel. I hope as many as possible can attend this year for the camaraderie that we’ve missed for so long. The price is $60 per person and includes food and beverage packages Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and a souvenir package. All registrations should be turned into me at the April meeting, along with your check made out to Ravens Roost #44. Our Roost will have the same hospitality suite and we will work hard to make the convention as pleasant as possible.
From what I am reading, t-shirts will be available at the Convention. I have no order forms for any of them.
So far, the activities that are scheduled are: Lip Sync Battles—held on Thursday night, 2 groups only 2 songs, per Roost; the Convention Quest (scavenger hunt) Friday morning at the Castle; Bingo, Friday at 1 p.m., Karaoke, Friday evening; Corn Hole—bring your own bags, and teams are responsible for cleaning the boards after their game—Friday and Saturday at the Castle., up to 3 teams per Roost with 2 members per team. Horseshoes—2-member teams, Friday and Saturday at the Castle. Laser Tag will be held at Game World on 146th St., from 12-2 and 4-6, on Friday. Miniature golf will be held Friday at 8:00 a.m. at Nick’s Golf on 45th St. We can have two teams of 2 participating this year. If you’re interested in any of these activities, you need to register for them by our May meeting, so please get in touch with me.
I’ll be happy to provide you with the particulars when you register. There is a registration form available from Frank. You can print it out and mail it to me at 126 Pine Tree Rd., Ocean City, MD 21842, (along with your check made out to Ravens Roost 44) or hand it to me at the April meeting. Please have your check ready to accompany your registration. As always, if you have any questions, please call me at 410-251-4360.
Thanks, everyone. Let’s really try to make this the best one ever.
Happy St. Pat’s Day!
Jo Ann Elder
· Apparel: The apparel store is now open, from now until May 30. Go to https://ravensroost44.itemorder.com/sale for the stuff! Word of advice, the jerseys in the past have been cut exceptionally small. Contact Rich Hansen @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
· Entertainment: We will be having our first Ent mtg on April 7th, 12 noon at Greene Turtle. Anyone who'd like to help out is welcomed. We will be discussing bringing back the Raft Ups we used to do, our picnic, away games and Duckaneer Pirate ship. Looking forward to getting back to normal businesses!
The Entertainment Committee has booked our 2021 Christmas party at Mio Fratello on Dec 4th, 6pm to 10pm. We will have seating and menu selections at Oct meeting. Also considering away trip to Las Vegas for Ravens/Raiders game.
· Good of the Roost: Spaghetti Dinner at the American Legion. Click the link: http://www.alpost166.org/ for more info/buy tickets.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Into Maryland Terrapins basketball? Get your Terps fix here.
A motorist, driving by a Texas ranch, hit and killed
a calf that was crossing the road. The
driver went to the owner of the calf and explained what had happened. He then asked what the animal was worth.
"Oh, about $200 today," said the rancher. "But in six years it would have been worth $900. So $900 is what I'm out."
The motorist sat down and wrote out a check and handed it to the farmer.
"Here," he said, "is the check for $900. It's postdated six years from now."
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.