Roost #44 Poop
· Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation
· From the Prez –
Greetings to all..just a reminder that the next meeting will be March 10th @ 7:00 at the American Legion in Ocean City..it will also be virtual meeting as well..I will send out the link on the week of the meeting..The Ravens Convention for 2021 will be held on Thursday June 3rd through Sunday June 6th… stay safe till the next time
· Dates to Remember:
o 3/10/21 – Monthly Roost Meeting
· Membership: Yearly dues still $30 – Cheap! Thanks to everyone that has paid so far. Right now, we have 67 paid members.
I’ll be accepting dues in person at the meeting, or mail them to me at: Susan Berterman, 12290 Dixie Drive, Bishopville, MD 21813. Please make all checks payable to Ravens Roost #44.
Applications for membership continue to be received, and introductions/votes will be made at the next (virtual) meeting.
· 24th Annual Golf Scholarship Fund Raiser - The sponsorship/business letter, tee sponsor & golf registration forms are on our website-www.ocravensroost44.com. We need corporate sponsors!!
A group mailing was made this weekend to businesses, golfers & past donors. Please share the forms with your local businesses, family & friends. If you can volunteer now and/or the day of the event please let Bob Munroe or Don McMullen know. We have 7 volunteers now but we need more.
Please contact us for additional forms or if you have a business or golfers that you would like us to mail the forms to.
Please bring any donations to our monthly meetings. Marc Grimes has donated a brand new Patron Callaway golf bag, that normally retails at $175.00, for one of our bid items at this event.
Our annual event will be held June 4th at the Ocean Pines Golf Club & the luncheon/silent auction will follow at the The Clubhouse Bar & Grill.
Don McMullen & Bob Munroe
· Wellness: Please contact Carol Monroe at email@example.com if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
· House: All meetings that we do hold for the foreseeable future will be at the American Legion on 23rd St./Coastal Hwy. They will follow all proper virus protocols for safety, We will take it a month at a time and keep everyone notified by the poop and Caw. Happy "Vaccine Distribution Day" coming to our area soon!
· Parade: No St. Paddy parade. No Convention parade either, but the Convention will go on!
· Convention: Hi, everyone. I have missed you all terribly, and hope that all is good. I extend my sympathy to those who have suffered loss during this closed-in year and wish nothing but good things for us in the future.
On that note, the Council is planning to hold the Convention this year from Thursday, June 3 through Sunday, June 6th, at the Castle in the Sand Hotel. I hope as many as possible can attend this year for the camaraderie that we’ve missed for so long. The price is $60 per person and includes food and beverage packages Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
I think Susan already told you that there will not be a parade. Details are slowly coming in as to what activities can and will be held. And I will pass all info on to you as soon as I receive it. The goal right now is to see how many participants will be involved and how to best accommodate them. Our Roost will have the same hospitality suite and we will work hard to make the convention as pleasant as possible.
I’ve sent a registration form to Frank to attach in the Poop and the Caw. You can print it out and mail it to me at 126 Pine Tree Rd., Ocean City, MD 21842, (along with your check made out to Ravens Roost 44) or hand it to Bob Monroe at the meeting. Bob will also have copies to hand out at the meeting. Please have your check ready to accompany your application.
As always, if you have any questions, please call me at 410-251-4360.
Thanks, everyone. Let’s really try to make this the best one ever.
Jo Ann Elder
· Apparel: The apparel store is now open, from now until May 30. Go to https://ravensroost44.itemorder.com/sale for the stuff! Word of advice, the jerseys in the past have been cut exceptionally small. Contact Rich Hansen @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
· Entertainment: Entertainment meetings are suspended until further notice. The Entertainment Committee has booked our 2021 Christmas party at Mio Fratello on Dec 4th, 6pm to 10pm. We will have seating and menu selections at Oct meeting. Also considering away trip to Las Vegas for Ravens/Raiders game.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Into Maryland Terrapins basketball? Get your Terps fix here.
· A girl realized that she had grown hair between her legs.
She got worried and asked her mom about that hair.
Her mom calmly said, "That part where the hair has grown is called your monkey. Be proud that your monkey has grown hair."
The girl smiled. At dinner, she told her sister, "My monkey has grown hair."
Her sister smiled and said, "That’s nothing; mine is already eating bananas."
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.