Ravens Roost #44 Weekly Poop
March 31, 2021
Roost #44 Poop
· Frank’s note: All items subject to change/cancellation
· From the Prez –
Greetings to all…just another reminder that are next meeting will be held at the American Legion in Ocean City on April 8th @ 7:30..this meeting will also be virtual..I’m still looking for volunteers to help with the website re-design… also see Don McMullan Golf Scholarship chairperson), Joan Elder (Ravens Convention chairperson) and Donna Chaplinski (chairperson of the Entertainment committee ) to get involved and or volunteer to help out on these events…keep safe and please if haven’t done so to sign up for the vaccine..
· Dates to Remember:
o 3/29/21 – Scholarship Golf Tourney Meeting
o 4/7/21 – Entertainment Meeting
o 4/8/21 – Monthly Roost Meeting – Convention Registrations Due!
· Membership: Yearly dues still $30 – Cheap! Thanks to everyone that has paid so far. Right now, we have 80 paid members.
I’ll be accepting dues in person at the meeting, or mail them to me at: Susan Berterman, 12290 Dixie Drive, Bishopville, MD 21813. Please make all checks payable to Ravens Roost #44.
Applications for membership continue to be received, and introductions/votes will be made at the next (virtual) meeting.
· 24th Annual Ravens Roost #44 Scholarship Golf tournament: Friday, June 4th, we will have a 9:00 am shotgun scramble Scholarship Golf Tournament at Ocean Pines Golf Club with breakfast followed by a luncheon & silent auction.
There will be a volunteer meeting at The Original Greene Turtle this Monday, March 29th, at 5:00 pm.
We are in need of major sponsors for our June 4th Scholarship tournament starting at 9:00 am at the Ocean Pines Golf Club. The application forms for major sponsors, tee sponsors and golfers are at our website. We will have these forms available at our April meeting too.
Breakfast & lunch will be served at the Ocean Pines Bar & Grill and the silent auction will take place there too.
Please contact your local businesses for gift cards and donations for our silent auction. We have a few members that have volunteered to be on the scholarship golf planning committee as well as volunteering the day of the tournament. If you can volunteer now and/or the day of the tournament please contact me or Bob Munroe.
· Wellness: Please contact Carol Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member.
· House: All meetings that we do hold for the foreseeable future will be at the American Legion on 23rd St./Coastal Hwy. They will follow all proper virus protocols for safety, We will take it a month at a time and keep everyone notified by the poop and Caw. Happy "Vaccine Distribution Day" coming to our area soon!
· Parade: No Convention parade, but the Convention will go on!
· Convention: I’m repeating some things; please bear with me. The Council is planning to hold the Convention this year from Thursday, June 3 through Sunday, June 6th, at the Castle in the Sand Hotel. I hope as many as possible can attend this year for the camaraderie that we’ve missed for so long. The price is $60 per person and includes food and beverage packages Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and a souvenir package. All registrations should be turned into me at the April meeting, along with your check made out to Ravens Roost #44. Our Roost will have the same hospitality suite and we will work hard to make the convention as pleasant as possible.
From what I am reading, t-shirts will be available at the Convention. I have no order forms for any of them.
So far, the activities that are scheduled are: Lip Sync Battles—held on Thursday night, 2 groups only 2 songs, per Roost; the Convention Quest (scavenger hunt) Friday morning at the Castle; Bingo, Friday at 1 p.m., Karaoke, Friday evening; Corn Hole—bring your own bags, and teams are responsible for cleaning the boards after their game—Friday and Saturday at the Castle., up to 3 teams per Roost with 2 members per team. Horseshoes—2-member teams, Friday and Saturday at the Castle. Laser Tag will be held at Game World on 146th St., from 12-2 and 4-6, on Friday. Miniature golf will be held Friday at 8:00 a.m. at Nick’s Golf on 45th St. We can have two teams of 2 participating this year. If you’re interested in any of these activities, you need to register for them by our May meeting, so please get in touch with me.
I’ll be happy to provide you with the particulars when you register. There is a registration form available from Frank. You can print it out and mail it to me at 126 Pine Tree Rd., Ocean City, MD 21842, (along with your check made out to Ravens Roost 44) or hand it to me at the April meeting. Please have your check ready to accompany your registration. As always, if you have any questions, please call me at 410-251-4360.
Thanks, everyone. Let’s really try to make this the best one ever.
Jo Ann Elder
· Apparel: The apparel store is now open, from now until May 30. Go to https://ravensroost44.itemorder.com/sale for the stuff! Word of advice, the jerseys in the past have been cut exceptionally small. Contact Rich Hansen @ email@example.com if you have any questions.
· Entertainment: We will be having our first Ent mtg on April 7th, 12 noon at Greene Turtle. Anyone who'd like to help out is welcomed. We will be discussing bringing back the Raft Ups we used to do, our picnic, away games and Duckaneer Pirate ship. Looking forward to getting back to normal businesses!
The Entertainment Committee has booked our 2021 Christmas party at Mio Fratello on Dec 18th, 6pm to 10pm. We will have seating and menu selections at Oct meeting. Also considering away trip to Las Vegas for Ravens/Raiders game.
· Good of the Roost: Spaghetti Dinner at the American Legion. Click the link: http://www.alpost166.org/ for more info/buy tickets.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Into Maryland Terrapins basketball? Get your Terps fix here.
My doctor has advised me to stop drinking.
It's going to be a massive change for me.
I've been with that doctor for 15 years.
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.