Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Friday – Water Conservation Group Meeting @ …
- Saturday, August 17 - Delmarva Shorebirds game has been cancelled due to lack of interest.
- Raft Ups: August 25. Do not need to have a boat, as several have boats, but will need to bring a food item.
- Monday, August 26 - Booze Cruise for Roost members, their family and friends. Will leave from MR Ducks at 6pm and return about 9pm. We will cruise to 3 different waterfront bars where you can purchase your favorite beverages. Cost will be $30/pp and will include light snacks on Board. At this point I have 18 people confirmed. Cost is $30/pp and we will be leaving MR Ducks at 7pm returning about 10pm. We need 30 people to make this work, so please let me know if you are interested in going. We will hit 3 bars (still negotiating with them to get best deals) and enjoy an evening on the water. Light snacks and a limited amount of beer on board is included. Thanks, Gary.
- Tuesday, September 24 - HARRINGTON BUS TRIP. Cost is $20.OO per person which includes $10.00 free play, a lunch buffet, and your bus seat. The 55 passenger Bus departs Montego Bay (130th street) at 8:30 am with a second stop at the Millsboro’s Roses Store on Route 113. Bus departs Harrington at 3pm. Guests are welcome. To sign up, Call Paul and Trish at H# 302-436-9017. You will need to give Paul and Trish either your Harrington Player Card Number or your Birthday Date. Mail a check immediately after you sign up to 36977 Laws Points Rd, Selbyville, DE 19975. Check is made out to Raven Roost #44. Call and Sign up early! You can also pay at the August or September meeting. Spread the word for those who don’t have a computer.
- October 4 – 7 – The Ravens Roost #44 road trip will be the Ravens/Dolphins game being played on Sunday, October 6th at 1pm.
- Friday, December 6 – Ravens Roost #44 Christmas Party @ the Cove Restaurant @ Bayside. More details soon.
- Roost Apparel: We have enough people to place our purple Hawaiian shirt order (yay!!) and are aiming to submit the order August 9th (the day after the next Roost meeting) so we have them in plenty of time for the start of our season and the Miami game. If you haven't ordered one yet and still want one, it's not too late! Send Maggie an email to get on the list (email@example.com) and a check for $40 made out to Ravens Roost 44. You can mail the check to her at 15 Windward Court, Ocean Pines, MD 21811. For those of you who already paid - thank you!
Sizes (unisex) are Small (fits chest 31-34); Medium (fits chest 35-37); Large (fits chest 38-43); XL (fits chest 44-46); 2XL (fits chest 47-50); 3XL (fits chest 51-53); 4XL (fits chest 54-58); 5XL (fits chest 58-62).
The following people ordered Hawaiian Shirts and need to get a check and provide your size to Maggie so the order can go in:
- Betkey, Debbie
- Betkey, Vernon
- Cordwell, Lilly (small)
- Cordwell, Bill (XL)
- Chaplinski, Donna (Medium)
- Daugherty, Ray (XL)
- Hoffman, Carol
- Harbaugh, Matt (Large)
- Kowalewski, Paula (Large)
- MacEwan, Rick (2XL)
- Stifler, Don (4XL)
- White, Neil
- Wierhle, Barb (small)
- Wierhle, Matt (2XL)
I'm sorry but these are too expensive to expect the Roost to foot the bill and wait for reimbursement. "No checkie by August 8th, no shirtie". Don't get left out because August 9th is this is the last time we'll be ordering these for a while. Aloha!
- From Irene: New York City at Christmas Dec. 6-8, 2013. I had a few requests for a trip to NY at Christmas. I wanted to send it to this group first. I would need at least 30 people signed up to get this rate.
- 3 days/2 nights December 6-8, 2013
- Round trip motor coach - 2 nights accommodations in NY City area, staying in NJ 9 miles from the City.
- 2 Breakfast
- 1 Dinner in NY City
- Visit Rockefeller Center and the famous Christmas Tree-Shopping on 5th Ave
- Guided tour of Manhattan and Chinatown-St Patrick's Cathedral-Greenwich Village-United Nations-Central Park-Lincoln Center-Wall St. and the Financial District.
- Atlantic City on the way home, visit to the New Margaritaville & Casino. (Bonus in AC)
- Rate of $475.00 per person also includes Baggage handling, hotel tax and meal gratuities. Single rate $210.00 additional.
- A deposit of $25.00 person (Non Refundable) would be due in 2 weeks. If you have to cancel and can find a replacement you can get your money back.
- Please let me know ASAP before I advertise it to the public.
- Please note the first day of this trip is also the day of the Ravens Roost #44 Christmas Party.
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Saturday night, the Ravens’ first draft pick ever, Jonathan Ogden, will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Jonathan Ogden was an anchor of the franchise for 12 seasons. A master technician, Ogden combined superior athletic ability, tremendous footwork, outstanding knowledge of the game and a fierce competitive zeal to become the most dominant offensive tackle of his era. Ogden is the standard to which all left tackles today are held. For the stat guys:
- Was Baltimore’s 1st-ever draft pick (4th overall) in the 1996 NFL Draft
- 11-time Pro Bowler (1997-2007, 11 consecutive seasons)
- 10-time All-Pro (1996-2004, 2006)
- Super Bowl XXXV Champion in 2000
- Elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Feb. 2, 2013
- Helped pave the way for Jamal Lewis, who set a franchise-record with 2,066 rushing yards in 2003, the 2nd-most rushing yards in NFL history (Eric Dickerson - 2,105 in 1984). It included the 2nd-highest rushing total in NFL history (295 yards) against Cleveland (9/14)
- Ravens all-time leader in games started (176) and is 2nd in games played (177)
- Anchored a line that protected Ravens QBs, allowing a franchise-low 17 sacks in 2006, the 2nd-fewest (Ind. -15) in the NFL, and posted the highest completion percentage (62.6%) in team history
- Led the line that protected Ravens QBs, allowing them to complete a franchise-record 341 passes (61.2%) in 2007
Congrats J.O., a first ballot Hall of Famer!
- Tonight -At the Freeman Stage at Bayside - Locals under the Lights featuring The Stims, 7:00pm -9:00pm. The Stims are a dynamic and organic duo that add their own unique flair to a repertoire of songs that appeal to all ages and include some of their own works of art into the mix as well. Their set lists run the gamut, including songs from Talking Heads, Paul Simon and Johnny Cash to Sublime, Dispatch and Bob Marley among many others. The evening will begin and end with our headliner, with local artists performing in between. Community Event. Free for all. Please bring your own chairs.
- Tonight - Movies Under the Stars - Assateague Island | G-rated Family and Nature Themed Movies, Assateague State Park. Wednesdays starting June 19th through August 28, 2013. Join us out under the stars on the beach behind the Nature Center for a viewing of G-rated family or nature-themed movies. Check our weekly program schedule for this week's feature. Please bring a chair or blanket and your favorite snack and beverage. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Program free to State Park campers; all others program service charge of $3.00 per vehicle; check-in at State Park Ranger Station office. All ages welcome.
- Tonight – Free Movies on the Beach - 118th St. On the beach at the Carousel Resort Hotel. Enjoy a free movie on the beach with your family, on our 16-foot projector. Each week a general audience movie is presented free of charge. Bring a blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m.
- Summer Movie Schedule:
- July 31: Despicable Me
- August 7: The Odd Life of Timothy Green
- August 14: Beverly Hill Chihuahua 3
- August 21: The Avengers
- August 28: Rise of the Guardians
- Tonight - Free Concerts on the Beach - On the Beach at North Division Street. Free, live entertainment every Wednesday, 8:00pm - 9:30pm from July 10 - August 28 (except July 31). Enjoy tribute bands and local favorites. Treat yourself to a collection of summer beach music, watch the sun set, view the sparkling blue ocean and dance by moonlight. There is no better setting for relaxing than Concerts on the Beach. The beach beat will have your hands clapping and your toes tapping to the variety of entertainment. For more information about Concerts on the Beach, call 410-250-0125. Entertainment subject to change without notice.
- Save The Dates - Summer Concert Schedule:
- August 7: Bob Lougheed & The Mystery Train Band (A Night with Elvis)
- August 14: Clones of Funk (Funkadelic)
- August 21: Rising Sun Reggae Band (Reggae)
- August 28: Randy Lee Ashcraft & The Saltwater Cowboys (Beach Country)
- Tomorrow - Arts and Crafts Thursday Workshops | Create an Assateague Keepsake of your Own, Assateague State Park, Thursdays starting June 13th through August 29, 2013, 6:30 p.m. Our naturalist staff and special guests will be on hand to demonstrate distinctive crafts and to guide you in creating an Assateague keepsake of your own. Projects may incorporate scrapbooking, beads, paint, clay, or even items found in nature and along the beach. Check our weekly program schedule for this week's feature. Service charge applies per participant. If not camping at the State Park, please check in at the State Park Ranger Station office. For more information call (410) 641-2120 ext 13. Ages 10 – adult (children age 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult).
- Tomorrow - Sunset Park Party Nights | S. Division St. & the Bay. Every Thursday night in July and August from 7pm - 9pm. Watch the sun set over the Isle of Wight Bay from the perfect location in Ocean City! Sunset Park is located along South Division Street between Philadelphia Avenue and the Bay in downtown Ocean City. All concert admissions and parking are free and open to the public. Beverages, including beer, are available for purchase by the Ocean City Recreation Boosters. All proceeds are used for youth programs in Ocean City. Please bring your own chair.
- Save The Dates... 2013 Concert Schedule:
- August 1: Lauren Glick Band (Blues-Rock)
- August 8: British Invasion Experience (Beatles Tribute Band)
- August 15: Lovin Cup (Rock)
- August 22: Rob Fahey and the Pieces (Rock)
- August 29: Poole & the Gang (Rock)
For more information, call 410-289-7739.
- Tomorrow - At the Freeman Stage at Bayside - Delaware Shakespeare Festival: The Two Gentlemen of Verona, 7:00pm - 9:00pm. Ah, young love. Nothing can part best friends, Proteus and Valentine–except love. Proteus departs to see the world, leaving Valentine to pine after his Julia. When Valentine visits Proteus abroad, he quickly falls head over heels for Proteus’ new-found love, Silvia. A comedy about love, friendship, betrayal, forgiveness…and a dog. Community Event. Free for all. Please bring your own chairs. www.delshakes.org
- Tomorrow - Free Summer Concert on the Green - Lighthouse Sound Golf Course & Restaurant. Free Concert on the Greens! Bring your family and your lawn chair. BBQ available and drink specials.
- Save the Dates - Live Entertainment provided by:
- August 1st - Randy Lee Ashcraft
- August 22nd - 98.1 Listener Appreciation Party with Full Circle
- Thursday & Saturday - Campground Critter Encounter | Invite Special Guests to your Campsite, Assateague State Park, Thursdays and Saturdays starting June 27th, 2013. Programs available between 4-7 p.m. Would you like to invite some special guests to your campsite? Our Campground Critter Encounter lets you enjoy an up-close visit with some of our Scales & Tales animals - and the best part is we bring the program to you! Gather your friends and family right at your home away from home and we’ll bring a group of feathered and scaled friends to meet you. You’ll learn about how these animals survive on and around Assateague Island and how you can help to protect wild animals. We’ll even have time for a photo-shoot with you and your new friends! Service charge applies. Program is for groups up to 20 participants and is 30 minutes in length. For questions or to schedule your encounter in advance call (410) 641-2120 ext. 12 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can sign up at the Nature Center during your visit. All ages welcome.
- Friday - At the Freeman Stage at Bayside - Hollywood Nights - Ultimate Tribute to Bob Seger, 7:00pm - 9:00pm. HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS is the ultimate tribute to Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band! This NJ based powerhouse has set out to re-create everything about Bob and his music right down to the smallest detail. The band prides themselves on continuing the amazing groundwork laid down by Bob over the past 30 years. Legacy Event. $10 per person, plus handling fee. Kids 18 and under are free. Please bring your own chairs. THERE IS A 8 TICKET LIMIT PER HOUSEHOLD. www.hollywoodnightsband.com
- Friday & Monday - Free Movies on the Beach - On the Beach at 27th St. Enjoy a movie on the beach with our 16-foot projector. Each week a general audience movie is presented free of charge. Bring a blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m.
- Summer Movie Schedule:
- August 2: The Odd Life of Timothy Green
- August 5: The Muppets
- August 9: The Pirates Band of Misfits
For more information, call 410-250-0125.
- Saturday - At the Freeman Stage at Bayside - Franc D'Ambrosio's Broadway: Songs of the Great White Way, 7:00pm - 9:00pm. TICKETS NOW ON SALE! Franc D’Ambrosio is best known for his impressive portrayal of the “Phantom” in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Tony Award winning Musical, The Phantom Of The Opera. FRANC D’AMBROSIO’S BROADWAY- SONGS OF THE ‘GREAT WHITE WAY’ is a wonderful collection of songs from many well-known shows that have played on the “Great White Way”. This engagement of Franc D’Ambrosio is made possible through funding by the Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation. Legacy Event. $10 per person, plus handling fee. Kids 18 and under are free. Please bring your own chairs. THERE IS A 8 TICKET LIMIT PER HOUSEHOLD
- Sunday - Somerset Plaza - Free Live Concert, Somerset Plaza between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. Enjoy a new series of FREE special events and concerts on Somerset Plaza, located on Somerset Street between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Avenue in downtown Ocean City. All events start at 3pm. OC Cruzer cars will be on display during all music events. Somerset Plaza is a semi-pedestrian street that is closed to all vehicular traffic during these special events.
- Save The Dates... 2013 Concert Schedule:
- August 4: Nate Clendenen Duo (Acoustic Rock)
- August 18: Sweet Harmony (Classic Rock)
- September 8: Tommy Edward (Rod Stewart Tribute)
- September 22: Troy Mawyer (Rock)
For more information, call 410-289-7739.
- Sunday - Sundaes in the Park - Free Concert and Family Entertainment, Northside Park. Tonight's Entertainment:
- - Live Music: The Janitors (Classic Rock/Funk/Pop)
- - Children's Entertainment: Mike Rose (Magic Show)
Outdoor live music, children's activities and ice cream... what could be better? Bring your picnic basket and beach chairs to Northside Park, located at 127th Street and the Bay for ice cream sundaes and live entertainment. Live entertainment is free. Create your own ice cream sundae with delicious toppings for a small fee. Listen to your musical favorites and watch the sunset over the beautiful Assawoman Bay. For more information call 410-250-0125.
- Sunday – Beach Lights Spectacular, On the Beach at North Division St. Beach Lights Spectacular is a new, exciting show featuring lasers, lights and special effects displayed on a giant 5-story beach ball choreographed to action-packed music. Beach Lights Spectacular will be lighting up Ocean City three times a night every Sunday from Memorial Day to Labor Day! Show times are 9:30pm, 10:00pm and 10:30pm.
- Monday thru Friday - White Marlin Open - The World's Largest Billfish Tournament, Harbour Island, 14th St, & the Bay. World’s largest billfish tournament. Thousands watch fish weigh-ins Monday through Friday from 4 - 9 pm. $3 million in prize money. Registration fees for participating boats. Spectators see weigh-ins free of charge. Located at Harbour Island Marina on 14th St. and the bay. For more information, call Jim Motsko, 410-289-9229.
- Tuesday - Family Fun Olympics 2013. Enjoy fun on the beach! Each Tuesday evening features a variety of contests for all ages. Events may include sand castle contests, tug-of-war, relays and more. All activities are free and are offered from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m at 27th Street on the beach.
- I was taking a shortcut through the cemetery earlier today when I saw a guy squatting down next to a tombstone. “Morning,” I said. He replied “No, just taking a shit.”
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
- Our website, www.ravensroost44.com is temporarily down. Our crack staff is feverishly working to get it back up and running.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory