Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Tonight – Ravens Rap returns to the Blue Ox, 7 pm.
- Friday – WCS Meeting @ …
- October 24 - ROAD TRIP: The 2015 Road Trip to Phoenix, Arizona is set. Please make sure that you let me know how many tickets to the game you will need. I should get ticket prices this month and will put a hold on a block of tickets based on the total numbers I have received. We are working on the T-shirt and group social and will have more info on those soon. Gary
- November 17 - Wallops Island Tour: 11/17/15 leaving @ 8:30 am from behind Duffy's. We have 24 people signed up & that makes a sellout. Thanks to everyone for the prompt responses. We will now start a wait list because there will surely be a few .
The trip is now firmly booked & because of upfront money requirements, payment of $32 pp will be needed at the July 9th meeting. Pay in cash or check payable to Ron Apperson (not RR#44). Can also mail to Ron @ 37899 Swann Dr. Selbyville, De. 19975. Partial refunds are expected to be made if at least 20 people pay. A refund of $5 pp if it stays a sellout. More details @ meeting.
Current Sign Ups/Seat Assignments: In response order (check your name & seat)
1. Ron/Betty Apperson: seats 1-28. Mike & Marc Grimes: seats 17-18
2. Rob/Daryl Carpenter: 5-69. Eric Waterman + guide: 3-4
3. Larry/Marie Gerst: 7-810. Don Stifler: 25
4. Tony/Donna Chaplinski: 9-1011. Addie Yeager: 19
5. Ray/Marie Meyers: 11-1212. Joann Elder: 20
6. John/Janet Feuerstein: 13-1413. Eric/Rose Leister: 21-22
7. Lew/Sue Welsh: 15-1614. Dick/Kristi Horner:23-24
Current Waiting List:
1. Gary Miller 2. Annlee Goetter 3. Matt/Barbara
- November Thanksgiving Food Drive, Saturday, November 14, 2015, 8 am TO 4PM. Collection changes for November 14. Harris teeter to Giant, , Del and Super Fresh to Food Lion, West Ocean City.
Thanksgiving Food Drive:
You can join in the fight against HUNGRY by bringing a donation of the products listed below to the October and November meetings. All items collected will be given to Salem United Methodist Pantry, Selbyville and the Diakonia Homeless Shelter Pantry. Examples of the needed products are:
- Can Goods: meat, vegetables, fruit, and other similar products
- Dry Goods: cereal, pasta, rice, meat enhancers, crackers, cookies,etc....
- Personal Care: soap, detergent, toothpaste, deodorant, etc...
- Infant Care, formula, cereal, wipes, diapers, etc....
Diakonia asked for your used supermarket plastic bags. Last year they used 44,000 bags giving out 22,000 bags of food.
Thank you for time , effort and cooperation.
For more information, call John Falcone, 443 783 4872
- Entertainment Update:
- Boardwalk Bike - October 3; end of the Boardwalk 9 am.
- Entertainment Committee Meeting – October 7, 6pm at the Blue Ox.
- Crab Feast - October 10, 1-4 pm, Saturday Crab Feast. Location: The Shrimp Boat on 611. $35 per person. You can sign up at the October Roost meeting. Menu: Crabs, Coors Lite, Miller Lite, corn on cob, hush puppies, roasted chicken, slaw.
- Harrington Bus Trip - Bus Trip to Harrington Casino. Friday, November 6th, 2015. 1st pick up: Montego Bay, OC 8:30 am. 2nd pick up: Rose’s Shopping center, Millsboro, DE 9:00 am. Arrive Harrington 10 am leave Harrington 3pm. Cost: $20.00. $10.00 free slot play and luncheon buffet. Signup sheet at September Meeting or Contact Mary Kendall. Need to supply the following information: Name, Cell Phone #, Harrington Card # or Date of Birth. Pickup preference Montego Bay (MB) or Rose’s (DE). Any questions please contact Mary Kendall. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 302-236-9617.
- Christmas Party December 12 at Cove Restaurant.
- Roost Apparel: The long awaited 3 logo Ravens shirts are in! Maggie will bring them to the next Roost meeting in October for distribution and payment. If you placed an order, please pay by check, if possible, made out to Ravens Roost #44. If that's not possible, try to bring exact change. To remind you, the sweatshirt jackets are $25, long sleeved T's $20, short sleeved adult T's $15. For those who ordered Youth T's, they are $10. If you need to confirm what you ordered or want to pick them up, email Maggie at email@example.com Thanks!
- Ticket Exchange:
- Tony and Donna have tix for Steelers game (tomorrow night). Tix, bus seats, $300 for 2. Call Donna if interested.
- Tom Maly has a single ticket for the Ravens vs. Browns game, on October 11th at at 1:. The seat is in the upper deck, section 551, row 15, seat 12. If you are interested contact Tom Maly at 302-541-0780.
- The Ravens once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, as the defense surrendered a 4th quarter lead twice to the Bengals, losing last Sunday to drop to 0-3. Things will hopefully turn around tomorrow night as the Roethlisberger-less Steelers come to Baltimore tomorrow night, 8;25 pm.
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Thursday thru Saturday - 36th Annual Mid-Atlantic Surf Fishing Tournament, Beach - 36th Annual Surf-Fishing Tournament on the beach. Participants must be pre - registered, have a permit to drive on the beach and hold a valid Maryland Saltwater Fishing License. For more information visit http://oceancitysurfanglersmd.com or call 410-251-2203
- Thursday thru Sunday - Bluegrass by the Bay Festival - Fifth Annual Festival at Castaways RV Resort & Campground, Castaways RV & Campground
Bluegrass by the Bay Festival brings together fans of bluegrass from all walks of life and places them in a serene location on the edge of the Sinepuxent Bay in the Eastern Shore of Maryland! With some of the greatest bluegrass bands playing today the festival is a 4 day event.
The festival is put on by Castaways RV Resort & Campground in Ocean City, Maryland. Castaways offers a great location and vibe for the festival to take place. If you are looking for a place to stay Castaways can even accommodate RV's, tents, and even has RV rentals and Cottage. Festival attendees will receive a discounted price from their site.
2015 will mark the fifth anniversary of the Bluegrass by the Bay Festival and will present many fan favorites and new artists for your enjoyment!
2015 Bluegrass Lineup:
- Brooke & Darin Aldridge
- The Lonesome River Band
- Junior Sisk & Ramblers Choice
- The Boxcars
- Blue Highway
- Code Blue
- Dale Ann Bradley
- Flatland Drive
- Hard Knox
- Mill Run
- The Seldom Scene
- and more
4 Days of Bluegrass: Thursday, Noon to 10pm, Friday, Noon to 10pm, Saturday, 11am to 10pm, Sunday, 9am to Noon.
Pricing: 1 Night Pass - $35; 2 Night Pass - $45; 3 Night Pass - $55; 4 Night Pass - $65/
Camping is not included in the above pricing. To purchase your advance tickets or more information please visit the website.
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday - Wine on the Beach, Inlet and the Beach. Annual wine-tasting event! Welcome to the annual Wine on the Beach featuring wineries from the East Coast of the United States. Sample wine tasting, arts and crafts, food and beer sales, live entertainment. Admission includes: Tickets good for one-day admission, commemorative wine glass, and wine tasting sample coupons. Visitors under the age of 21 and must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 7 years of age are free. Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m.- 7 p.m. For more information contact 1-800-626-2326.
- Saturday - OPA National Championship Power Boat Races, Beach. Watch the OPA National Championship Races from the beach from 4th Street to 30th Street.
- Saturday - The Stims at High Stakes, High Stakes Bar and Grill. The Stims got their start in Salisbury, MD playing open mics together. Once they got their first gig they never looked back. Known for blending unique harmonies with organically acoustic music they took off up and down the east coast. No genre can be placed on The style.
January 2-15, 2017 Baltimore MD to Tampa () Cruise
Carnival Journeys – Southern Caribbean
Day Port to Call Arrival Time Departure Time
Monday: Baltimore MD 00:00 5:
Tuesday: Fun day at Sea 00:00 00:00
Wednesday: Fun day at Sea 00:00 00:00
Thursday: Grand Turk 8:00AM 5:00PM
Friday: Amber Cove, Dominican Republic 7:00AM 3:00PM
Saturday: Fun day at Sea 00:00 00:00
Sunday: Cartagena, Colombia 10: 6:
Monday: Colon, Panama 10: 7:
Tuesday: Limon, Costa Rica 8:00AM 5:00PM
Wednesday: Fun day at Sea 00:00 00:00
Thursday: Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan 8:00AM 5:00PM
Friday: Cozumel, Mexico 10:00AM 5:00PM
Saturday: Fun day at Sea 00:00 00:00
Sunday: Tampa, FL 8:00 00:00
Inside Cabin category 4D $991.98
Inside French Doors (outside view only) category 4K $1,021.98
Balcony category 8B $1,376.98
All of the above will be located on Deck 6
Balcony category 8C $1,411.98
Balcony category 8D $1,396.98
All of the above will be located on Deck 7
Pre Paid Gratuities $156.00 per person.
A deposit of $25.00 per person will be due November 1, 2015 by Check paid to Vacations by Irene
2nd payment $400.00 per person will be due August 1, 2016 Check or Credit Card
Final payment October 10, 2016 Check or Credit Card.
Several options available for return from Tampa FL, to Baltimore MD.
Inside Cabins $109.00 per person
Balconies $119.00 per person
Information needed: email name as shown on , and include date of birth and address.
Contact: Irene Hansen 410-250-1154 home firstname.lastname@example.org email
Mail checks to Vacations by Irene, PO Box 3488, Ocean City MD 21843
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory