Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
Well the Titan game was a stunner. I think our coaches did an even worse job than last year's playoff loss to the Chargers! Oh well, looking forward to Eric DeCoasta's draft.
New officers and Board member will be sworn in at the February 13 Roost meeting at the American Legion. More details to follow.
Hope all members will help enlist donations and T Sign sponsors for this year's 23rd Annual Scho!arship Golf Tournament. Think about joining the Scholarship Committee to get involved in one of the Roost's main charities to raise funds for graduating seniors from 3 local high schools.
Dates to Remember:
o 1/15/2020 – Golf Scholarship meeting, 5pm, Original Greene Turtle
o 1/21/2020 – Entertainment Committee meeting
o 1/22/2020 – Mini Golf Tourney
o 2/13/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 3/12/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 4/9/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 5/14/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 6/11/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 7/9/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 8/13/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
· Membership: I am now accepting 2020 dues. Still $30 - Cheap! - Please pay at the meeting or mail your dues to: Susan Berterman, 12290 Dixie Drive, Bishopville, MD, 21813
· Wellness: Please call Marian Cicero @ 410.250.2501 or 443.880.0862 if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member. Please, no texts or emails.
· House: The February and March Meeting will be held @ the Ocean City American Legion, 2308 Philadelphia Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842. Please enter from the 23rd street side of the building.
· Apparel: The on-line store is once again open, now until January 31, 2020 with delivery in February. https://ravensroost44.itemorder.com/sale
o Entertainment Schedule 2020:
§ 1/21/2020 – Entertainment Committee Meeting, 6pm, Original Greene Turtle.
§ 1/22/2020 - Mini Golf Tournament. Old Pro Golf, 6801 Coastal Highway, 6:30pm. $30pp. Please pay at the January Meeting.
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but you can go here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN here from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· Friday, Saturday, Sunday - East Coast Commercial Fishermen's & Aquaculture Trade Expo, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Join us for the only commercial fishing exposition in the Mid-Atlantic Region. The expo includes seminars, fisherman gear, equipment, and more! Each year thousands of commercial fishermen, charter boat captains, aquaculturists, scientists, educators, and fishing enthusiasts from Maine to Florida enjoy the show. Admission Rates: $15.00 Per Day, $25.00 For 2 Days, $30.00 For 3 Days.
· Tuesday - Ocean City Blood Drive, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Make your appointment today to donate blood during the Ocean City Blood Drive at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center! Use sponsor code: OCCC. All presenting donors will receive a FREE limited edition long sleeve t-shirt. Available while supplies last. The first 150 donors to book an appointment will also receive a free gift. Door prize: two 42" TVs!
· A lady went into a bar in Fort Worth and saw a cowboy with his feet propped up on a table. He had the biggest feet she’d ever seen.
The woman couldn’t help herself. Blushing, she asked, “Is it true what they say about men with big feet being well endowed.”
“Sure is, little lady.” A slow grin spread across his face. “Why don’t you come out to the bunkhouse and let me prove it to you?”
The woman was dying to see, so she spent the night with him.
The next morning, she handed him $200.00 dollars.
Blushing, he said, “Well, thank you, ma’am. I’m real flattered. Nobody’s ever paid me for my services before.”
The woman snorted. “Don’t be flattered…Take the money and buy yourself some boots that fit.”
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.