Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Thursday thru Sunday – Convention weekend! Woo hoo!
- Friday – WCS Meeting @…
- June 8 - Next Entertainment Committee meeting June 8th at the Cove Restaurant Bayside at 6PM. All members are welcome, especially new members. We value your ideas and feedback. Meetings are usually about an hour. Some of us stay for eats and drinks.
- Members please bring plastic or paper shopping bags to the monthly Roost meetings. The bags will be taken to Diakonia by Eric for use in distributing food donations to the community.
- Dues are past due. Again, it's $30 per member; please make checks out to Ravens Roost #44. Our membership cards are white this year, hoping to make them easier to read when you wear them to every meeting. Hopefully, you still have the plastic holder from last year to use again this year. Mail your dues to me at: 126 Pine Tree Rd., Ocean City, MD 21842. Thanks, Jo Ann.
- Scholarship - 2016 Scholarship Awardees have been selected. Award presentation will be at the June 9th meeting. Golf Tournament is Friday June 3rd. We can still accept a couple of more teams and are in need of a 4th for the Ken Taras & Lew Welsh team. We are still selling 50/50 Raffle tickets. Drawing June 4th at the convention. We have around $1,200 going to the winner at this time and in all probability will have over $1,500 going to the winner. Since only 500 tickets can be sold, your odds are far greater than the Powerball where it is a 1 in 500 chance to win $7.
We will offer several of our Golf Tournament Auction Items up for bid at out May meeting. Two 9th Row Center Huey Lewis and The News Freeman Stage Concert Tickets. This is a sold-out show for those of you who got to the newsstand too late. Minimum bid is $250 with a Buy it Now Price of $300. For Raven Roost 44 members. If you are bidding, we will give you a number to contact for bidding purposes the day of the auction. Also will have Two Hotel California (another sold-out show) tickets with those nice big comfortable black Sponsor Chairs right up front. Two Billy Joel Tribute tickets with Sponsor Chairs as well will be available as well.
- Ticket Exchange:
- Season tickets for sale: 4 seats Section 506 Row 10 Seat 1-4, $3080. Please contact Geof Storm at 443-241-4858 or Kathi Storm at 410-596-0810.
- Season Tickets For Sale: Section: 530, Row 14, Seats 24 & 25. Cost $1544 (face value). Contact Mike Grimes at 410.251.6821 for futher information. Note: These tickets are not mine.
- PSL'S AND TICKETS. PSL'S sec 539 row 17 seats 1,2 and 3 (1 is the aisle seat) $1,200 ea per PSL $3600 total for PSL'S. Season tickets for these seats also available. Bill C 443-513-1697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Road Trip: Please see this month's Ravens Caw for trip information, or call Gary, 443-618-9972.
- Season Bus: Season Bus Riders: If you haven’t already heard the NFL announced the schedule for the coming season. There will be seven 1pm home games and one (11/10) 8:25pm game-barring any changes (flexed by the NFL). The cost of the bus seat this year will be $200. Individual game seats, if available, will be $45. Please email me ASAP and let me know if you will be purchasing your seat(s) this year. The monies for the seats will be due no later than August 1st. Please make your checks out to Ravens Roost #44 and mail them to me at 108 South Ocean Drive, Ocean City, MD 21842. Note: Our current balance in our account is $4,353. Our income last year was $15,299 and our expenses were $14,308. Sincerely, Mike Grimes. Go Ravens!
- Entertainment Committee:
All members are welcome to join the committee! We need more participation from all members.
2016 Roost Entertainment Activities
- Boardwalk Bike/Walk - 2nd Saturday of June, July, August, September & October. Meet at 27th Street at 9 AM. Afterwards, some of us go to breakfast at the Sahara on Johnny Unitas Way (19th Street). Come join us whether you did the Boards or not. Another opportunity to see old friends and make new ones.
- Summer Picnic - July 9th at White Horse Park in Ocean Pines from 1-5. One of our best attended events all year. Come mix and mingle with the members you know and make some new friends. The picnic is for adults only. Need volunteers to help set up at noon and to help clean up afterwards. Rain date July 10. This is a FREE event. There will be a sign up sheet at the Roost Meeting June 9th.
- Shorebirds Game with Hardball Café Buffet – Thursday night July 21. We have a bus but you need to contact Ron Apperson at 302-436-4790 ASAP:
- UPDATE: As of 4/4 we have 45 people signed up (41 members + 2 guests + 2 bus drivers) for the Shorebirds event on Thursday 7/21/16.
- We are now OK on money received (33 people) so we just need to get the rest in by the deadline date of 6/9/16. A check made out to Ron Apperson can be sent to him at 37899 Swann Drive, Selbyville, De. 19975 or brought to any of the next 3 meetings. Additional signups can be made at any meeting or by calling Ron @ 302-436-4790.
- Things keep getting better:
- 1. Our event night is now a promotion night as a "hat giveaway"
- 2. We now have a school bus booked thanks to contact info provided by Rose Leister.
- Bus Data:
- Bus will leave from behind Montego Bay SC promptly @ 5:15pm (popcorn/beverages start @ 6:05, the buffet starts @ 6:35 & ends @ 8:05). Game time is 7:05.
- Cost is $5pp total which includes driver tip & all expenses. Cash only & in advance of the trip date.
- Capacity is 47 seats (48 minus 1 for driver spouse - included in our ticket count).
- Please respect the bus favor we are getting - do not bring alcohol onto on the bus.
- Signup sheet @ next meeting & also by calling Ron @ 302-436-4790 only for participants signed up by yesterday 4/5. After that any available seats are open to later signups.
- Summary dates:
- 4/14 meeting - signup for bus, late event signups
- 5/12 meeting - additional signups for event or bus if still available
- 6/9 meeting - deadline for event & bus signups & money
- 6/10 - game tickets will be ordered & Shorebirds paid
- 7/14 meeting - tickets will be distributed (no bus tkts - just checkoff)
- 7/21 5:15pm - bus leaves for game
- Crab Feast - (Tentative) October 1
- Dover Air Museum and Dog Fish Brewery Tours - October 15. More info to follow soon.
- Bull and Oyster Roast - October 29th, 2-6 PM at the American Legion on 23rd St. and Coastal Highway. Open to non members. Bring your friends and family.
- Canned Food Drive - Bring canned goods to November 10th Roost meeting for local food bank.
- Roost Christmas Party - December 10th 6-10 PM, at The Cove at Bayside.
- Last Game of the Year Party - T/B/D
Other Proposed Activities Under Discussion
- Raft Up
- Tour Of The Castle (Raven Training Facility)
- Tour of M&T Bank Stadium
- Day Trip to Chincoteague or Onancock
- Pub Crawl at Kent Narrows
- Tour of Seacrets Distilley
- Tour of OC Brewing Company
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Tonight - Free Movies on the Beach - Carousel Hotel on 118th St., On the Beach at the Carousel Hotel. Enjoy free movies on the beach every Wednesday from June 1 to August 31 at the Carousel Hotel on 117th St. in Ocean City MD. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m. For more information, call 800-626-2326.Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:
- June 1: Inside Out
- June 8: Aladdin (Vintage Movie)
- June 15: Pixels
- June 22: Cinderella (2015)
- June 29: Remember the Titans
- July 6: Despicable Me 2
- July 13: Annie (2014)
- July 20: Frozen
- July 27: Pan
- August 3: Annie (2014)
- August 10: The Blind Side
- August 17: Hotel Transylvania 2
- August 24: Minions
- August 31: Star Wars; The Force Awakens
- Thursday - WCHS Pars for Paws Golf Tournament at Eagles Landing, Eagle's Landing Golf Course. The annual Pars for Paws tournament is another terrific opportunity for community members to contribute to our local, no-kill shelter. ALL of the money raised goes directly to the care of the animals at the Worcester County Humane Society. Registration: 11:30am, Tee Off: 12:30pm. Entry fee is $100 per golfer, $400 per team. Includes: Green Fees, Golf Cart, Beverage, Box Lunch, T-Shirt. Awards Ceremony at Harborside Bar & Grill with one orange crush and a selection of appetizers.
- Saturday & Sunday - Mako Mania, Bahia Marina. The Mako Mania is a mako shark tournament with added entry levels for bluefish and thresher shark. This tournament is traditionally the start of the tournament season in Ocean City. Mako mania was started in 1996 by Captain Steve Harman and continues to grow every year. The Mako Mania is unique in that boats of all sizes can compete with decent weather. Daily weigh-ins will be held at Bahia Marina from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm each fishing day. Stop by, have a beverage and something to eat at FishTales while watching the sharks come in to be weighed.
- Sunday - Somerset Plaza - Free Live Concerts & OC Cruzer Classic Car Display, Somerset Plaza between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. Enjoy a new series of FREE special events and concerts on Somerset Plaza, located on Somerset Street between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Avenue in downtown Ocean City. All events start at 3pm. OC Cruzer cars will be on display during all music events. Somerset Plaza is a semi-pedestrian street that is closed to all vehicular traffic during these special events.Save The Dates... 2016 Concert Schedule:
- June 5: Tommy Edward (Rod Stewart tribute)
- June 19: TBA
- July 10: Rob Fahey (Rock)
- August 7: Loving Cup (Rock)
- September 11: British Invasion Experience (Beatles tribute)
- September 25: TBAEntertainment subject to change without notice.For more information, call 410-289-7739.
- Sunday - OC Beach Lights Spectacular - Lasers, lights, video, music and special effects, The Beach at North Division Street. Returning to Ocean City this summer is the fun and exciting free event for the entire family, OC Beach Lights Spectacular! These shows featuring lasers, lights, video, fireworks, music, special effects and audio production all displayed on a 5 story tall giant beach ball will light up the beach at North Division Street. The show is visible along the south end of the beach and boardwalk with the best viewing area on the Boardwalk at North Division Street. Show times are 9:30pm, 10:00pm and 10:30pm. Each show is approximately 8 minutes in length.
- Original Greene Turtle – DJ Wood
- Original Greene Turtle – DJ WIZ
- Buxy's Salty Dog – DJ Wax
- Pit & Pub – DJ BK
- Harborside – DJ Billy T
- Harpoon Hanna's - Dave Hawkins
- Adolfos – Rhonda & Dale
- Blue Dog Cafe – WW IIunes Live
- Harvest Moon – Opposite Directions
- High Stakes – Lowercase Blues
- Ocean Club – On the Edge
- Original Greene Turtle – JJ the DJ
- Pit & Pub – Melissa Alesi
- High Stakes – Chris Button & Joe Mama
- Ocean Downs – Monkee Paw
- Ocean Club – On the Edge
- Buxy's Salty Dog – DJ Bigler
- Original Greene Turtle – DJ Wood
- Harpoon Hanna's – Kevin Poole
- Harpoon Hanna's – Dave Hawkins
- Harpoon Hanna's – Kevin Poole
- Seacrets – Rising Sun Reggae Band
- A blonde is walking down the street with her blouse open and her right breast hanging out.A policeman approaches her and says, "Ma'am, are you aware that I could cite you for indecent exposure?"She says, "Why, officer?""Because your breast is hanging out."She looks down and says, "OH MY GOODNESS! I left the baby on the bus again!"
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory