Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Friday – WCS Meeting @ …
- September 9 – Ravens Rap returns to the Blue Ox, 7 pm.
- October 24 - ROAD TRIP: The 2015 Road Trip to Phoenix, Arizona is set. Please make sure that you let me know how many tickets to the game you will need. I should get ticket prices this month and will put a hold on a block of tickets based on the total numbers I have received. We are working on the T-shirt and group social and will have more info on those soon. Gary
- November 17 - Wallops Island Tour: 11/17/15 leaving @ 8:30 am from behind Duffy's. We have 24 people signed up & that makes a sellout. Thanks to everyone for the prompt responses. We will now start a wait list because there will surely be a few cancelations.
The trip is now firmly booked & because of upfront money requirements, payment of $32 pp will be needed at the July 9th meeting. Pay in cash or check payable to Ron Apperson (not RR#44). Can also mail to Ron @ 37899 Swann Dr. Selbyville, De. 19975. Partial refunds are expected to be made if at least 20 people pay. A refund of $5 pp if it stays a sellout. More details @ meeting.
Current Sign Up List: In order of response (look for your name)
* Ron/Betty Apperson * Mike & Marc Grimes
* Rob/Daryl Carpenter * Eric Waterman
* Larry/Marie Gerst * Paul/Karen Schaeffer
* Tony/Donna Chaplinski * Don Stifler
* Ray/Marie Meyers * Addie Yeager
* John/Janet Feuerstein * Joann Elder
* Lew/Sue Welsh * Eric/Rose Leister
Current Wait list:
* Dennis/Joann Faber
* Dick/Kristi Horner
* Gary Miller
- OC RR44 2015 BOOZE CRUISE to benefit AGH Penguin Swim. Tuesday, Sept 8th.
- Meet at MR Ducks. HH prices on food and drinks. 5:45pm board “The Explorer” with Capt. Jack. Boat leaves PROMPTLY at 6pm Will return about 10 pm. Cash bar on boat. $3 beer, $4 wine $5 mixed drinks.
- First stop will be “De Lazy Lizard. Happy hour prices on select drinks and food. Start Boarding @ 7pm, Leave at 7:10pm.
- Second stop is Captains Galley. Happy Hour prices on select drinks and food. Start Boarding @ 8:10pm, Leave at 8:20pm.
- Third stop is the Sunset Grill. Happy Hour prices on drinks and food. Start Boarding @ 9:30pm, Leave at 9:40pm. 10pm-ish Return to MR Ducks.
$30/pp. LIMITED TO 65 PEOPLE. This sells out fast so please sign up early. All checks should be made out to “Ravens Roost 44”. Send an email to: email@example.com to reserve a spot. Checks can be mailed to: 15 Windward Ct., Ocean Pines, MD 21811 or give to me at the August Roost meeting. As of right now we have 47 people signed up and most have paid. Wanted to let you all know that we will be selling raffle tickets for 3 prizes that will be awarded at the end of the night.
1st prize is a $50 gift certificate for Captains Galley Restaurant.
2nd prize is a $25 gift certificate for Whiskers Restaurant and bar in Pines Plaza
3rd prize is a growler of beer from Burley Oak Brewing in Berlin. (empty growler and a gift certificate to fill it with your choice of beer)
Please pass the info along to friends and family. We would like to sell out with 65 people.
REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A FUNDRAISER FOR THE RR44 PENGUIN SWIM TEAM IN SUPPORT OF AGH. ALL PROFIT GOES TO YOUR LOCAL HOSPITAL.
- November Thanksgiving Food Drive, Saturday, November 14, 2015, 8 am TO 4PM. As we recover for the down turn in the economy there is a great demand on food pantries for food and personal items. It is estimate that one third of local families participate in food bank programs.
Volunteers from the Roost are asked to distribute fliers and collect nonperishable food and personal care items for adults and children at Harris Teeter, Selbyville and Super Fresh, West Ocean City on the above date. The collected items will be given to the Salem United Methodist Church Pantry and Diakonia.
So sign up to join the Ravens Team to fight HUNGER at September or October Meeting.
For more information, call John Falcone, 443 783 4872
- Entertainment Update:
- September 19, Saturday - Tangier Island Tour. Boat leaves out of Crisfield at 12:30 PM and returns at 5:15 PM. No bus for this event. Transportation on your own. Several members have talked about carpooling together to Crisfield. Tickets are $27 per person. If we have 25 or more members registered, there will be a $5 per ticket refund. Cut off date will be at the September 10th Roost meeting. You can register and purchase tickets prior to the meeting by writing a check for the number of tickets you need. The check should be made to Ravens Roost #44 and mailed to Eric Waterman, 311 S. Ocean Drive, Ocean City, MD 21842. If you don't register before the September meeting, you must have payment at the meeting.
- October 10, Saturday Crab Feast. Location: The Shrimp Boat on 611. $35 per person. You can sign up at the September 10th Roost meeting. Menu: Crabs, Coors Lite, Miller Lite, corn on cob, hush puppies, FF, cole slaw.
- Pig/Oyster Roast - TENTATIVE DATE and LOCATION: November 8th at Blue Ox
- November 14 - Thanksgiving Food Drive
- November 17 - Wallops Island Tour
- Christmas Party - December 12 Cove Restaurant
- The 2015 Preseason continues Saturday night as the Washington Racial Slurs travel up 295 to take on the Ravens, 7:30 pm.
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Tonight - Free Movies on the Beach - 118th Street | On the Beach at the 118th Street. Enjoy free movies on the beach every Wednesday from June 3 to August 26. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m. For more information, call 800-626-2326.
- Complete Schedule:
- August 26 - Guardians of the Galaxy
- Tonight - Free Concerts on the Beach, On the Beach at the Caroline Street Stage. Free, live entertainment while you relax on the beach Wednesday nights from July 8 to August 26 from 8:00pm - 9:30pm. Enjoy tribute bands and local favorites. Treat yourself to a collection of summer beach music, watch the sun set, view the sparkling blue ocean and dance by moonlight. There is no better setting for relaxing than Concerts on the Beach.
The beach beat will have your hands clapping and your toes tapping to the variety of entertainment. For more information about Concerts on the Beach, call 410-250-0125. Entertainment subject to change without notice.
Season Concert Schedule:
- August 26 - Lauren Glick (rock)
- Tomorrow - Concerts in the Park, White Horse Park. Bring lawn chairs and a picnic and enjoy music at the White Horse Park pavilion. Bring your family and friends for a fun evening of entertainment. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Bring your own beer is allowed.
- August 27 – A Classic Case
- Tomorrow - Sunset Park Party Nights - Free Concerts, S. Division St. & the Bay. Every Thursday night in July and August from 7pm - 9pm. Enjoy a free concert while watching the sun set over the Isle of Wight Bay... the perfect location in Ocean City! Sunset Park is located along South Division Street between Philadelphia Avenue and the Bay in downtown Ocean City. All concert admissions and parking are free and open to the public. Beverages, including beer, are available for purchase. Please bring your own chair. For more information, call 410-289-7739.
- Season Concert Schedule:
- August 27: Randy Lee Ashcraft and the Saltwater Cowboys (beach country)
- Tomorrow - Locals Under the Lights, Freeman Stage. Back for the third season in a row, Locals Under the Lights returns to The Freeman Stage at Bayside! Sit back, relax and enjoy local artists performing on the same stage as national recording artists like Daryl Hall & John Oates, Heart, Rusted Root and Melissa Etheridge. Think you’ve got what it takes? Submit an application today! Free. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair).
- Friday - Rusted Root at Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage. Having collaborated for two decades, Rusted Root has honed the perfect combination of musical intuition, freedom and virtuosity, which has allowed them to organically shape their music into it’s own distinct and undeniable vision. With eight albums under their belt, over three million records sold and countless nights on the road, Rusted Root transcends age, cultures and musical styles. The powerhouse ensemble’s hypnotic live performances have allowed them to tour alongside Santana, Dave Matthews Band, The Allman Brothers Band, Plant & Page and many others. Now with the release of their newest album, The Movement, the journey continues. $25. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair).
- Saturday and Sunday - North American Sea Glass Festival, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Internationally-recognized sea glass jewelry artists, experienced collectors, and vendors gather at this annual festival featuring collectors exhibitions, presentations, lectures, and Shard of the Year Contest. Admission is $5. Children Under 12: Free.
- Saturday (morning) - M & M and Friends at Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage. The Music School of Delaware presents: M & M and Friends! Join us for an interactive family concert featuring songs, instruments, dancing and fun for children of all ages. Free. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair).
- Saturday (evening) - Judy Carmichael Trio at Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage. Judy Carmichael is considered one of the greatest pianists in the swing tradition and one of the most sensitive vocalists. Count Basie nicknamed her “Stride” acknowledging her command of the form. Of Judy’s singing, America’s premier jazz magazine, Jazz Times writes: “Carmichael exhibits a truly remarkable ability to channel Peggy Lee’s breathy invitingness and her befogged insouciance (and) echoes the intense perspicacity of the solo albums of Annie Ross. In other words, she winningly blends two of the all-time finest, most intuitive jazz singers.” Judy’s concerts feature swing renditions of the Great American Songbook, from Gershwin and Cole Porter to Fats Waller and Duke Ellington, as well as new and unrecorded original compositions by Judy Carmichael. $10 for adults; kids are free. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair).
- Sunday - Somerset Plaza - Free Live Concerts & OC Cruzer Classic Car Display, Somerset Plaza between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. Enjoy a new series of FREE special events and concerts on Somerset Plaza, located on Somerset Street between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Avenue in downtown Ocean City. All events start at 3pm. OC Cruzer cars will be on display during all music events. Somerset Plaza is a semi-pedestrian street that is closed to all vehicular traffic during these special events.
Save The Dates... 2015 Concert Schedule:
- September 27: To be determined
Entertainment subject to change without notice. For more information, call 410-289-7739.
- Sunday - OC Beach Lights Spectacular | Lasers, lights, video, music and special effects, The Beach at North Division Street. Returning to Ocean City this summer is the fun and exciting free event for the entire family, OC Beach Lights Spectacular! These shows featuring lasers, lights, video, fireworks, music, and special effects all displayed on a 5 story tall giant beach ball will light up the beach at North Division Street. The show is visible along the south end of the beach and boardwalk with the best viewing area on the Boardwalk at North Division Street. Show times are 9:30 pm, 10:00 pm and 10:30 pm. Sundays from May 24 - September 6, 2015.
- Sunday - Sundaes in the Park - Free Concert, Family Fun & Fireworks, Northside Park. Outdoor live music, children's activities, ice cream and fireworks... what could be better? Bring your picnic basket and beach chairs to Northside Park, located at 125th Street and the Bay for ice cream sundaes, live entertainment, children's activities and fireworks. All entertainment is free. Create your own ice cream sundae with delicious toppings for a small price. Listen to your musical favorites and watch the sunset over the beautiful Assawoman Bay. Fireworks start at 9pm. For more information call 410-250-0125. Every Sunday in July and August.
Save the Dates ... 2015 Entertainment Schedule:
- August 30th - The British Invasion Experience (60's & 70's British rock tribute)
- Monday - Family Movies in the Park, White Horse Park. Enjoy a family-friendly movie outdoors on the big screen! Bring lawn chairs and snacks. BYOB is allowed. Drinks, popcorn and snacks will also be available for purchase.
- August 31 – Into the Woods (2014)
- Two Pittsburgh couples decide to swap partners for the night. After 3 hours of amazing sex, Ben says "I wonder how the girls are getting on"?
- As I slipped my finger slowly inside her hole, I could immediately feel it getting wetter and wetter. I took my finger back out and within seconds she was going down on me. "I really need a new boat" I thought to myself.
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory