Roost #44 Poop
· Dates to Remember:
o Friday – WCS Meeting @…
o Wednesday, September 7th - 1st Ravens Rap show will be Wednesday, September 7th @6 pm with Mike Bradley, Tony Lombardi and BRUCE LAIRD!!! We are exited to again be sponsored by Bud Light this year and will be having $3.00 BUD LIGHT BOTTLES during the Ravens Rap show!!
OUR FOOTBALL SPECIALS FOR ALL NFL and SATURDAY COLLEGE GAMES ARE:
§ $3.50 22 oz. Domestic Drafts - You Keep the Cup!!!
§ $3.00 16 oz. Natty Boh Ravens cans!
§ $6.00 ($0.75 Wings (8 per order))
§ $6.00 Boneless Wings (8 per order)
§ $6.00 Pub Fries
§ $6.00 Sliders (3 per order)
§ Monday and Thursday night games will also feature $5.00 32 oz. Natty Boh drafts - You Keep the Cup!!!
Thank you and we are looking forward to a terrific football season at the Original Greene Turtle with our Ravens Roost family! - Dawn & Steve
o Friday, November 4th - Casino Bus Trip to Harrington. Pickup at Montego Bay at 8:30, and Rose’s Millsboro at 9 am; Return leaving Harrington at 3pm. Cost: $20.00 per person with $15.00 Free Slot pay and $7.00 credit towards luncheon buffet. Please contact Mary Kendall to sign up via phone: 302-236-9617 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions please let me know. Mary.
· Members please bring plastic or paper shopping bags to the monthly Roost meetings. The bags will be taken to Diakonia by Eric for use in distributing food donations to the community.
· Ticket Exchange:
o Season tickets for sale: 4 seats Section 506 Row 10 Seat 1-4, $3080. Please contact Geof Storm at 443-241-4858 or Kathi Storm at 410-596-0810.
o PSL'S AND TICKETS. PSL'S sec 539 row 17 seats 1, 2 and 3 (1 is the aisle seat) $1,200 ea per PSL $3600 total for PSL'S. Season tickets for these seats also available. Bill C 443-513-1697 or email@example.com.
o I have 2 tickets for sale for the Thursday night game against the Browns. Face value of $135 + $25 bus seats to/from OC/game = $160/each. Sec. 103, Row 32, seats 10 & 11. Thanks, Gary, 443-618-9972.
· Road Trip: Please see this month's Ravens Caw for trip information, or call Gary, 443-618-9972. You do not have to be going to the game in order to buy a shirt. Please see/call Gary for more information.
· Season Bus: Bus seats for individual games are $45.00. Please contact Mike at 410.251.6821.
· Penguin Swim: SAVE THE DATE!! Wednesday Sept 7th. OC RR44 2016 Bar-Hop Cruise to benefit the Ravens Roost #44 Penguin Swim Team in support of the Atlantic General Hospital Penguin Swim. ALL MONEY RAISED IS DONATED TO AGH.
o Meet at MR Ducks. HH prices on food and drinks till 6 pm.
o 5:45 pm board “The Explorer” with Capt. Jack. Boat leaves PROMPTLY at 6 pm, will return about 10 – 10:30 pm. Cash bar on boat - $3 Beer, $4 Wine, $5 Mixed Drinks.
o First stop; Fishtails Start Boarding @ 6:50 pm, leave @ 7:00 pm.
o Second stop is OC Fish Company (formally Captains Galley). Happy hour prices on select drinks and food. Start boarding @ 8:10 pm, leave @ 8:20 pm.
o Third stop is Sunset Grill. Happy hour prices on drinks and food. Start boarding 9:30 pm, Leave 9:40 pm.
o 10 pm-ish return to MR Ducks.
o $35/pp. LIMITED TO 65 PEOPLE. This sells out fast so please sign up early. All checks should be made out to “Ravens Roost #44”. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot. Checks can be mailed to: 15 Winward Ct., Ocean Pines, MD 21811. Gary.
· Roost Apparel: The Hawaiian shirts ordered by Leslie Viands, Nancy Dalesio, Audrey Fohner and Moes Parrish have not yet been picked up. Maggie has a list of people who will buy them if they are not picked up by the September 8th meeting. Please contact Maggie at 410-208-2756 or email@example.com to make arrangements for pick up and payment. If no contact, they will be sold to the waiting list folks on September 8th.
· From the Prez:
o Bull Roast tix open to all members and public and that we are only selling 200.
o Anyone wanting to nominate member for member of the year must give, in writing, anyone they want to nominate to a board or member or previous winner. Board and previous members will vote by October's meeting.
o We will have a $10 tailgate at Greene Turtle for each away game. Also GT is having a "Thank a Police Officer" breakfast on Sept 15th from 9-11. Our Roost will be on banner as part sponsor for this.
o We will be changing our November meeting to 11/3 due to home game on our regular meeting night on 11/10.
· Bylaws Committee: I ask for any members to send me any additional thoughts on the proposed bylaw change as has been discussed at the last three meetings. The vote will take place at the September meeting. Gary.
· Tailgate @ Brandywine - As I mentioned at the Aug. meeting, "Brandywine Senior Living at Fenwick Island" has invited RR44 to enjoy a tailgate party with the residents. The two games we are looking at are Sept. 25th vs Jaguars and Oct. 23rd vs The Jets. Please let me know if you would be interested in attending either of these events. Gary, 443-618-9972.
· Entertainment Committee:
All members are welcome to join the committee! We need more participation from all members.
2016 Roost Entertainment Activities
o Boardwalk Bike Ride/ Walk - 2nd Saturday of September & October. Meet at 27th Street at 9 AM. Afterwards some of us go to breakfast at the Sahara on Johnny Unitas Way (19th Street). Come join us for breakfast whether you did the Boards or not. Another opportunity to see old friends and make new ones.
o Crab Feast - Saturday, October 1st at Shrimp Boat, 1-5 pm. $35 pp, which includes tax and grat. Menu includes crabs, fried chicken, corn on the cob, coleslaw, hush puppies, Coors Light and Miller Lite draft, soda, iced tea, and water. No children please but non-members are okay. Checks only payable to Ravens Roost #44. Sign Up Sheet at the August and September meeting and the cutoff date is September 20.
o Dover Air Museum & Dogfish Brewer Tours Sat. 10/15/16. Plan is to leave OC about 8:30 am , tour the museum for about 2 1/2 hrs, then go to brewery in Milton where lunch is on your own $. Tours & tasting of 4 beers is free. We will leave for OC whenever everyone is done. Our only pre-paid cost will be for the bus & that depends on how many we have & what bus arrangements I can get. If the bus has no bathroom (last resort) we will stop as needed because we have no real schedule to stick with. The event will be limited to a manageable size of 25. We currently have 16. You can sign up by calling Ron at 302-436-4790. First come, first served: we will start a wait list after 25.
o Bull & Oyster Roast - October 29th, 2-6 PM at the American Legion on 23rd St. and Coastal Highway. This is our annual fund raising event! So bring your friends and family too. Tickets are $40. The menu includes pit beef, fried oysters, raw oysters, oyster stew, sausage & peppers & onions, sides, dessert, beer and soda. Cash bar. Live music by The Stims. Sign up Sheet at next Roost Meeting or send checks, made out to Ravens Roost #44, for $40 PP to Eric Waterman, 311 S. Ocean Drive, OC, MD 21842.
o Canned Food Drive - Bring canned goods to November 10th Roost meeting for local food bank.
o Christmas Party - December 10th, 6-10PM at the Cove Restaurant at Bayside.
o Last Game of the Season Party – T/B/D
o Other Activities Under Discussion
o Raft Up
o Tour of the Castle (Raven Training Facility)
o Tour of M&T Bank Stadium
o Day trip to Chincoteague or Onancock
o Pub Crawl at Kent Narrows
o Tour of Seacrets Distillery
o Tour of OC Brewing Company
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Tonight - Free Movies on the Beach - Carousel Hotel on 118th St., On the Beach at the Carousel Hotel. Enjoy free movies on the beach every Wednesday from June 1 to August 31 at the Carousel Hotel on 117th St. in Ocean City MD. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m. For more information, call 800-626-2326.
Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:
o August 31: Star Wars; The Force Awakens
· Tonight - Free Concerts on the Beach, On the Beach at the Caroline Street Stage. Free, live entertainment while you relax on the beach Wednesday nights from July 13 to August 31 from 8:00pm - 9:30pm. Enjoy tribute bands and local favorites. Treat yourself to a collection of summer beach music, watch the sun set, view the sparkling blue ocean and dance by moonlight. There is no better setting for relaxing than Concerts on the Beach. The beach beat will have your hands clapping and your toes tapping to the variety of entertainment. For more information about Concerts on the Beach, call 410-250-0125. Entertainment subject to change without notice.
Season Concert Schedule:
o August 31 - Funk Shue (Funkiest 4 on the Shore)
· Tomorrow thru Sunday - The Wall That Heals is coming to: Delaware Tech's Owens Campus, Carter Partnership Center Lawn, 21179 College Drive, Georgetown, DE 19947.
Starting September 1st and will be there through September 4th. It will be open to the public 24 hours a day starting 4:00PM starting September 1st and runs through 4:00 PM September 4th. As part of this four-day event, the College is proudly hosting an opening ceremony on September 1st. I invite you to join us as we pay special tribute to our nation's heroes. Please RSVP if you plan to attend the opening ceremony by August 26, 2016, by calling Kim Holston at 302.857.1667, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wall That Heals, a 250-foot replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and mobile Education Center, honors the more than three million Americans who served in the U.S. Armed forces during the Vietnam War, and its wall bears the names of the more than 58,000 men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice in Southeast Asia during that time.
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial is the most visited memorial in our Nation's Capital, with more than four million visitors each year, yet many Americans - including many veterans and their families - have not been able to visit. The Wall That Heals gives many more people the opportunity to see the Memorial and honor those who served.
· Tomorrow - First State Ballet Theatre at the Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage. First State Ballet Theatre brings the beauty and excitement of professional ballet performances to audiences throughout Delaware. The company presents full-length ballets and mixed-repertory programs as well as features choreography from internationally renowned choreographers. Audiences will enjoy an enchanting performance by bring young dancers performing under the artistic direction of Kirov-trained Pasha Kambalov. Free. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair).
· Friday - The Drifters at Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage. Rock & Roll Hall of Famers The Drifters are one of rock ’n’ roll’s founding vocal groups. Through a historical journey, which included no less than five legendary lead singers, the group’s ongoing story has covered the spectrum of rock ’n’ roll. They were the first musical group to include string instruments into rhythm and blues music with their hauntingly beautiful song, “There Goes My Baby.” They were the first musical group to sell 2 million records with their pop classic, “Up On The Roof.” They were the first African American vocal group to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Their classic tune “Under The Boardwalk” is the most played R&B record of all time. $25. Bring Your Own Chair.
· Saturday - Season Finale with Fireworks and Mid Atlantic Symphony Orchestra at the Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage. Come celebrate Labor Day and America with the Mid-Atlantic Symphony Orchestra, in an evening of the great American Classics of Jazz, Swing and Orchestral Favorites, with some very special guests. Afterwards, celebrate our annual Labor Day weekend tradition with post-concert fireworks display! Free. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair).
· Sunday - Sundaes in the Park - Free Concert, Family Fun & Fireworks, Northside Park. Outdoor live music, children's activities, ice cream and fireworks...what could be better?
Bring your picnic basket and beach chairs to Northside Park, located at 125th Street and the Bay for ice cream sundaes, live entertainment, children's activities and fireworks. All entertainment is free. Create your own ice cream sundae with delicious toppings for a small price. Listen to your musical favorites and watch the sunset over the beautiful Assawoman Bay. Fireworks start at 9pm. For more information call 410-250-0125.
Live Music Schedule
o September 4 - The Janitors (Variety)
· Sunday - OC Beach Lights Spectacular - Lasers, lights, video, music and special effects, The Beach at North Division Street. Returning to Ocean City this summer is the fun and exciting free event for the entire family, OC Beach Lights Spectacular! These shows featuring lasers, lights, video, fireworks, music, special effects and audio production all displayed on a 5 story tall giant beach ball will light up the beach at North Division Street. The show is visible along the south end of the beach and boardwalk with the best viewing area on the Boardwalk at North Division Street. Show times are 9:30pm, 10:00pm and 10:30pm. Each show is approximately 8 minutes in length.
· Wednesday, September 7 – Worcester County Veterans Memorial @ Ocean Pines 10th Annual Golf Tournament, Ocean Pines Golf & Country Club. Check-in 11 am, Shotgun start @ 12 noon. $90 per player, includes greens fees w/ cart, range balls, lunch, door prize entry, dinner buffet, awards/prizes/goodie bag. For additional info contact Marie Gilmore @ 410.726.2881, or email@example.com.
· A blonde, a brunette and a redhead went into a bar and asked the bartender:
Brunette: "I'll have a J and C."
Bartender: "What is a J and C?"
Brunette: "Jack and Coke."
Redhead: "And, I'll have a G and T."
Bartender: "What's a G and T?"
Redhead: "Gin and tonic."
Blonde: "I'll have a 15."
Bartender: "What's a 15?"
Blonde: "7 and 7"
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory