Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Tomorrow - Monthly Roost meeting @ the Blue Ox, 7:30 pm.
- Friday – WCS Meeting @ …
- Saturday - If you bought tickets to the Shorebirds game (it was rained out) the replacement game is tonight, 7 pm. Donna will have the tickets at the Thursday meeting.
- Wednesday, 9/3 - Booze Cruise to benefit AGH is SOLD OUT. If you signed up[ at the meeting you are on the list. For those that have not paid, all money MUST be turned in by the next Roost meeting on 8/28. If you will not be at the meeting you can mail a check to Tom at; 16 Avondale Dr., Ocean View, De. 19970. If you have signed up and will not be able to attend, please let Tom know so that the seats can be made available to others that want to go.
- Saturday, 9/6 - Bowling Night has been changed to September 6, 6 pm. Games are $3,25, shoes are $2, or we can pay $12pp for 2 games, shoes, one slice of pizza and all the soda you want. If interested contact Donna.
- Sunday - September 14 - Boardwalk Bike Ride, 9 am.
- RAFT UPS! Saturday, September 20. Bring some food to share, whatever you want to drink. You do not need a boat to participate. Sign up at the monthly meeting or Contact Ken Wolf , phone number (443) 280-1691 and email address email@example.com.
- Saturday, 10/4 - SMITH ISLAND/CRISFIELD TRIP - This trip conflicts with "' Ravens Weekend" so consideration is being given to a change to Saturday 9/13. Please come to the 8/28 meeting prepared to discuss that. Cost is $26pp but is discounted to $22 for group tickets of 15 or more. Boat leaves at 12:30pm & returns at 4:30. More details at meeting. If date change is made, we should reserve asap. For questions or comments necessary before the meeting contact Ron .
- Friday, 10/10 thru Monday, 10/13 - RAVENS ROOST #44 ROAD TRIP-2014. Sold out.
- Saturday, 11/1 - Beer/Wine Tasting & Jewelry Show to benefit AGH, 2 to 4 pm. Join us for a wine & beer tasting and Jewelry Show hosted by Costa Vineyard and Winery in , Md. (www.costaventosa.com). In addition, Glitter & Gold Jewelry will be offering a selection of jewelry items at reduced prices just in time for your Holiday shopping. Cost is $20/pp and includes a taste of 9 different wines, 3 different beers, a souvenir wine glass and light snacks. Bottles, cases or individual glasses of wine and glasses of beer will be available for purchase.
- Ravens Bus - The cost for the Ravens Bus this year for the 8-game regular season is $270 a seat. The checks should be made payable to Ravens Roost #44 and mail to me at 108 S. Ocean Dr., Ocean City, MD 21842 by August 1st. The cost for a seat for an individual game is $45 for a Ravens Roost #44 member or a guest of a Ravens Roost #44 member. The monies must by paid prior to the date of the game to secure your seat. Mike.
- We have two seats for the Ravens vs Steelers game for Thursday, September 11, 8:25pm. We are looking to sell these tickets - if you could put the word out to the Roost. Two tickets, Section 551, Row 17, Seats 18 & 19, price (face value of tickets - $87.00 each). Thanks for your assistance. Bev. firstname.lastname@example.org
- From John Lennon: I am now the Vice President of Ravens Roost #134. I was drafted not vigorously pursuing this position. I joined this roost because it was closer to my home. I have two tickets plus the bus, for the 09/28 (Panthers) game. I also have an individual ticket and bus for a number of games. I am seeking my cost. Is it permissible to for you to mention this availability in one of your e-mails to 44 members? Our roost is small in number at the present time so interest in my tickets is limited. If this is permissible, please provide my e-mail address of email@example.com. Thanks! John
- Marian (aka Mama C) is looking for a roommate for the Tampa trip. Gender is unimportant, being able to pay your half of the hotel stay is. Contact Marian @ 443.880.0862. Call her - she will not answer text messages.
- The Ravens wrap up the preseason Thursday night with a trip to the Big Easy to take on the Saints, 8 pm. Watch the back ups play - Coach has already said the starters won't play.
- Looking for the Ravens' 2014 schedule? Find it here.
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Today - Yin Therapeutic Stretch on the Beach, 49th Street on the Beach. A yoga technique w/similar effects of acupressure, emphasizing quiet, relaxed stillness. One of the most effective practices you will ever do in releasing more deeply held tension in the joints and deeper tissue, inspiring a renewed energy, comfort, and mobility throughout body and mind. This class is acceptable for beginners, but open to all levels. $16/person or $30/couple. Mats & water are provided at no extra cost. To reserve a spot/payment instructions/all other details, please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if within 24 please text 443-504-5135. Class size is limited, please make reservation early.
- Today thru September 1 - Tall Ship Event | El - A 16th Replica, Between 3rd and 4th Street. Tall Ship Event in Ocean City, Maryland, August 1 - September 1. Docked between 3rd and 4th Street. Travel back in time 500 years when you board the Galleon and experience first hand what it was like to sail the open ocean in the 16th century. The Galleon is a replica of the 16th century ships that Spanish explorers sailed on to discover much of the new world. The Galleon will be docked Bayside between 3rd and 4th Street and will be open for public tours from August 1st to September 1st. Admission: On Site: $15 for adults, $11 for children (6 - 12), Advanced: $12 for adults, $8 for children (6-12).
- Tonight - Wednesday Family Fun Nights, Ocean Pines Yacht Club Pool. Fun for the entire family! Wednesday Family Fun Nights are back for another summer. Every Wednesday, the Yacht Club transforms into a wave of fun for the young & young at heart! The pool is open for all ages to enjoy as a variety of DJs fill the air with the sounds of summer. Food & beverages will be available poolside for a small fee. ADMISSION: Only persons swimming pay a fee. Swim Members $3 (must show Membership Card), Resident $5, Non-Resident $7. Note: This is a Recreation Dept. Special Event — swim coupons or pool receipts do not grant admission.
- Tonight - Free Concerts on the Beach, On the Beach at North Division Street. Free, live entertainment every Wednesday, 8:00pm - 9:30pm from July 9 - August 27. Enjoy tribute bands and local favorites. Treat yourself to a collection of summer beach music, watch the sun set, view the sparkling blue ocean and dance by moonlight. There is no better setting for relaxing than Concerts on the Beach. The beach beat will have your hands clapping and your toes tapping to the variety of entertainment. For more information about Concerts on the Beach, call 410-250-0125. Entertainment subject to change without notice.
- Save The Dates - Summer Concert Schedule:
- August 27: Poole & the Gang (Rock)
- Tonight, Fridays and Mondays - Free Movies on the Beach, On the beach at the Carousel 118th Street, Princess Royal 92nd Street, 27th Street sponsored by The Commander. Enjoy a free movie on the beach with your family, on our 16-foot projector. Each week a general audience movie is presented free of charge. Bring a blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m.
- Tomorrow - Sunset Park Party Nights | Free Live Concert, S. Division St. & the Bay. Every Thursday night in July and August from 7pm - 9pm. Watch the sun set over the Isle of Wight Bay from the perfect location in Ocean City! Sunset Park is located along South Division Street between Philadelphia Avenue and the Bay in downtown Ocean City. All concert admissions and parking are free and open to the public. Beverages, including beer, are available for purchase by the Ocean City Recreation Boosters. All proceeds are used for youth programs in Ocean City. Please bring your own chair.
- 2014 Concert Schedule:
- August 28: Randy Lee Ashcraft & The Saltwater Cowboys (Country)
For more information, call 410-289-7739.
- Tomorrow - Concerts in the Park, White Horse Park. The OP Recreation & Parks Department is proud to continue our Summer Concert Series. This concert series is held every Thursday beginning June 19th. All concerts begin at 7pm in the Pavilion at White Horse Park. Patrons are encouraged to bring lawn chairs & a picnic, if desired. BYOB is also allowed. Bring your family & friends for a fun evening of entertainment. All concerts are child friendly, with a playground, swings, ice cream, hot dogs & family games such as corn hole for kids & adults.
- Concert Schedule:
- August 28: Fabulous 50's (Rock n roll from the 50's)
- Tomorrow - First State Ballet Theatre at the Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage, 7 pm. Classical and contemporary ballet highlights performed by First State Ballet Theatre, Delaware’s professional ballet company. Enjoy an enchanting performance by this professional company of bright young dancers performing under the artistic direction of Kirov-trained Pasha . Free. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair).
- Tomorrow thru Sunday - 56th Annual Labor Day White Marlin Tournament, Ocean City Marlin Club. Chairmen: , Bob , & Bill Fenwick. Registration: Thursday, August 28, 6:30 p.m. (FREE to paid OCMC boat members). Captain’s Meeting: August 28, 8:00 p.m. Fishing Days: (2 of 3) August 29, 30, & 31. Weigh-Ins: August 29, 30, & 31, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Sunset Marina. Awards Banquet: August 31, 6:30-9:00 p.m. Awards Presentation: August 31, 8:00 p.m.
- Friday - Invincible at the Freeman Stage | A Tribute to Michael Jackson, Freeman Stage, 8 pm. Join us as we celebrate the King of Pop’s birthday and present a thrilling theatrical experience with an emotional connection to Michael Jackson’s essence! Featuring the early moments with his brothers to his stratospheric rise to become one of the greatest entertainers of all time! This multi-media spectacular includes Michael Jackson’s greatest hits: “Billie Jean,” “Beat ,” “Smooth Criminal,” and more! This exhilarating performance includes a world-class dance company, Grammy Award-Winning vocalists and musicians, master percussionists and video jockeys. You will not want to miss this incredible show! $25 all ages. Seating is provided and assigned.
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday - Labor Day Weekend Art & Craft Festival, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Unique gifts and household items, including oil and watercolors, woodworking, furniture, stained glass, candles, pottery and more. For more information, please contact Ami Hastings at email@example.com or visit www.ocshows.info. Free Admission.
- Saturday - Sciencetellers at the Freeman Stage, Freeman Stage, 10 am. combines storytelling, comedy, and exciting science experiments into a dynamic and highly interactive learning experience. For ten years we’ve been delighting children and their families with our energetic and unique style of immersion you’re in the room, you’re part of the story!” Free. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair).
- Saturday - Wings and Wheels Expo, Ocean City Municipal Airport. Private aircraft, custom cars, and antique military vehicles will be on display. Talk to the owners while admiring the machines. For more information, contact Steven at 443-880-2413 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Admission: $5 per person, under 12 free.
- Saturday - LoveStory Duo Concert - Chapter Two | A Night of Wine and Dancing, Wine Cellars. Don't miss an amazing night of your favorite jazz, and soul hits from the 50's, 60's and 70's that will have you dancing and singing along with Duo all night long! The night will include entertainment, dancing, a glass of wine, local cheeses and chocolates. Tickets $25. Tickets are limited. Please call 302-436-1500 to reserve yours!
- Saturday - Season Finale Fireworks Celebration: Opera on a Summer Night, Freeman Stage, 7 pm Join us for an exciting evening of music as we present The Mid-Atlantic Symphony Orchestra with guest soloists from . Audiences will delight in this collaborative performance. These talented, local organizations will perform classical pieces to enjoy, to be energized by, and to be inspired by. Be sure to come early to get a great view of the fantastic fireworks finale, another Freeman Stage tradition! Free. BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair).
- Sunday - Somerset Plaza - Free Live Concert, Somerset Plaza between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. Enjoy a new series of FREE special events and concerts on Somerset Plaza, located on Somerset Street between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Avenue in downtown Ocean City. All events start at 3pm. OC cars will be on display during all music events. Somerset Plaza is a semi-pedestrian street that is closed to all vehicular traffic during these special events.
- Save The Dates... 2014 Concert Schedule:
- September 21: Kevin (Tsunami Sunset)
- Entertainment subject to change without notice. For more information, call 410-289-7739.
- Sunday - Sundaes in the Park - Free Concert and Family Entertainment | Every Sunday in July and August, Northside Park, 7-9 pm. Outdoor live music, children's activities and ice cream... what could be better? Bring your picnic basket and beach chairs to Northside Park, located at 127th Street and the Bay for ice cream sundaes and live entertainment. Live entertainment is free. Create your own ice cream sundae with delicious toppings for a small fee. Listen to your musical favorites and watch the sunset over the beautiful Bay. For more information call 410-250-0125.
- Save the Dates ... 2014 Entertainment Schedule:
- August 24th: Front Page News (Classic Rock) & Maryland DNR with Scales & Tales
- Sunday - OC Beach Lights Spectacular | Lasers, lights, video, music and special effects, The Beach at North Division Street. Returning to Ocean City this summer is the fun and exciting free event for the entire family, OC Beach Lights Spectacular! These shows feature lasers, lights, video, music and special effects all displayed on a 5 story tall giant beach ball. NEW this year the Beach Lights shows will display fireworks! Show times are 9:30pm, 10:00pm and 10:30pm.
- Monday - Beach Fireworks, On the Beach at North Division Street. Beach Fireworks Display is an amazing fireworks show choreographed to music. This event will take place every Monday and Tuesday night in July and August at 10pm on the beach at North Division Street in downtown Ocean City.
- Saturday, September 13 - VVA 1091 Bus Trip to the Vietnam Memorial, Washington D.C. COST $30. BUS LEAVES 8:00AM sharp. Bus will stop at Restaurant on return. BUS RETURNS 8:00PM app. Coach bus w/ bathroom. Pick-up in OC and OP (location to be determined). Info: email@example.com. 302 236 4171.
- Q: Why is diarrhea hereditary? A: It runs in your genes.
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory