Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Thursday thru Sunday – Water Conservation Group Meeting @ The Council of Ravens Roosts 49th Annual Convention, live and direct at the Castle in the Sand Hotel.
- Friday – Ravens Roost #44 16th Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament @ the Ocean Pines Golf & Country Club, 9 am. Even if you're not golfing you can participate in the silent auction. Lots of great stuff to be had!
- Saturday – Parade Day! Will have a float . Will meet at 8:30 at Sea Scape Motel. Will receive tee shirt, dark purple with Fly Like a Raven in gold letters. Float will have a football field with 2 goal posts, fake ravens, tree in middle with mama bird and baby birds. Would like everyone to wear black pants, capris, shorts. Black or purple shoes, flip flops. Design your own head gear - purple hair, ravens, etc. Parade starts 10 am.
- Sunday June 9 – from 3 to 5p.m. for a Fun Afternoon of Wine Tasting. This event is at, and hosted by Costa Ventosa vineyard and winery, in Whaleyville, Md. (www.costaventosa.com). A portion of the cost for this event will go to the RR44 Penguin Swim Team in support of Atlantic General Hospital. $15/pp includes a taste of 9 different wines, a souvenir wine glass, light snacks & horderves. Bottles, cases or individual glasses of wine will be available for purchase. For more info and tickets, contact Gary Miller @ 443-618-9972 or Bill Cordwell @ 443-669-4129.
- Sunday, July 7 – Ravens Roost #44 Annual Summer Picnic at White Horse Park, 1-6 p.m. Cost is as follows: members $10, guests 21 and over $15, guests 20 and below $10. All adults who attend the picnic will be given a ticket for entrance into a 50-50 raffle which will be drawn at the picnic. The picnic includes food (chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, salads etc.) as well as beer, soda and bottled water. There will also be games played such as horseshoes and any other games folks come up with. Also featured will be "Mister OC" playing tunes and flipping burgers! This event is rain or shine as the community center at White Horse Park has also been secured in case of bad weather. Anyone wishing to attend, please email Bill Cordwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-669-4129. A sign up sheet will also be available at the May and June meetings. All wishing to attend must be signed up and paid by July 1, 2013, so we have an accurate count for food and drinks. Checks can be mailed to me @ 558 Ocean Pkwy, Ocean Pines, MD 21811.
- October 4 – 7 – The Ravens Roost #44 road trip will be the Ravens/Dolphins game being played on Sunday, October 6th at 1pm. We will be staying at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach. This is the same hotel we stayed at in 2008. The rooms are $149/night, plus 11% room tax, for the intercoastal view rooms. If you want an oceanview room they are $169/night plus the room tax. I currently have 50 rooms reserved. The cost of the game-day ticket (we will be sitting in the lower section in the endzone), the bus transportation to the stadium and a commemorative tee shirt and koozie will be $150.00.You are to provide your own transportation to Fort Lauderdale. If you are flying out of Baltimore you might check both Southwest and Air Tran airlines. Both offer non-stop flights from BWI to the Fort Lauderdale airport-which is less than 10 miles from the hotel. Southwest also have flights out of Philly. Thanks, Mike Grimes.
- Friday, December 6 – Ravens Roost #44 Christmas Party @ the Cove Restaurant @ Bayside. More details soon.
- Raft Ups: June 23, July 21, August 25. Do not need to have a boat, as several have boats, but will need to bring a food item.
- Good Ravens news notes and nuggets from Sarah Ellison’s Blog here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Sunday – Beach Lights Spectacular, On the Beach at North Division St. Beach Lights Spectacular is a new, exciting show featuring lasers, lights and special effects displayed on a giant 5-story beach ball choreographed to action-packed music. Beach Lights Spectacular will be lighting up Ocean City three times a night every Sunday from Memorial Day to Labor Day! Show times are 9:30pm, 10:00pm and 10:30pm.
- Two priests decided to go to Hawaii on vacation. They were determined to make this a real vacation by not wearing anything that would identify them as clergy. As soon as the plane landed they headed for a store and bought some really outrageous shorts, shirts, sandals, sunglasses, etc.The next morning they went to the beach dressed in their 'tourist' garb. They were sitting on beach chairs, enjoying a drink, the sunshine and the scenery when a 'drop dead gorgeous' topless blonde came walking straight towards them. They couldn't help but stare.As the blonde passed them she smiled and said "Good Morning, Father! Good Morning, Father!" nodding and addressing each of them individually, then she passed on by.They were both stunned. How in the world did she know they were priests? So the next day, they went back to the store and bought even more outrageous outfits.Once again, in their new attire, they settled down in their chairs to enjoy the sunshine. After a little while, the same gorgeous topless blonde came walking toward them. Again she nodded at each of them and said "Good morning, Father! Good morning, Father" and started to walk away.One of the priests couldn't stand it any longer and said "Just a minute, young lady". "Yes, Father?" "We are priests and proud of it, but I have to know, how in the world did you know we are priests, dressed as we are?" She replied "Father it's me - Sister Kathleen!"The Lone Ranger and Tonto walked into a bar one day and sat down to drink a beer.After a few minutes, a big tall cowboy walked in and said "Who owns the big white horse outside?" The Lone Ranger stood up, hitched his gun belt, and said "I do. Why?" The cowboy looked at the Lone Ranger and said "I just thought you would like to know that your horse is just about dead outside".The Lone Ranger and Tonto rushed outside and, sure enough, Silver was about dead from heat exhaustion. The Lone Ranger got him some water and soon Silver was starting to feel a little better. The Lone Ranger turned to Tonto and said "Tonto, I want you to run around Silver and see if you can create enough of a breeze to make him start to feel better". Tonto said "Sure, Kemosabe" and took off running circles around Silver.Not able to do anything else but wait, the Lone Ranger returned to the bar to finish his drink. A few minutes later, another cowboy struts into the bar and asks "Who owns that big white horse outside?" The Lone Ranger stands again and claims "I do. What is wrong with him this time?"The cowboy says to him "Nothing much, I just wanted you to know - you left your Injun running"...
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Be sure to visit our website @ www.ravensroost44.com or our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory