Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez – The next Roost Meeting is at our regular meeting spot at OC 360 in the Fenwick Inn on March 8th at 7:30. At the meeting we will have sign up sheets for volunteers to work the Beer Booth at Springfest.
Remember that your Roost Membership card entitles you to a 20% discount on food, beverage & apparel purchases at the Original Greene Turtle (116th St.). We encourage all Roost members and committees to patronize the Original Greene Turtle!
Remember that we collect plastic grocery bags at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (Local Food Bank & Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pickup truck is parked in front of OC 360 at every Roost meeting. Simply put your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck. This is a great way to recycle plastic bags for a good cause.
· Dates to Remember:
o Friday, April 13 – Casino Trip to Harrington
o Friday, June 1 – Scholarship Golf Tournament
· Membership: Thanks to everyone that have paid their dues so far. For those that haven’t yet, bring them to the next meeting, or please mail them to me, Susan White, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro, DE, 19939. Please make all checks payable to Ravens Roost #44. Thank you.
· Parade: St. Patrick’s Day Parade in OC this year will be Saturday, March 17th. Due to lack of participation, for the first time ever, Ravens Roost #44 will not march this year.
· Convention: It's time to start thinking about this year's Convention and Parade to be held at the Castle at the Sand from May 31 to June 3, 2018. Registration is $60 per person. Your registration form and check (made out to Ravens Roost 44) need to be submitted to me by our April 12th meeting. There are separate forms and costs for children--if you need that information, please see me.
Commemorative shirts are also available. Color choices for men are: ash, purple and white for t-shirts and tank tops; ladies--gray, purple, and white for V-neck t-shirts or tanks, and ash and purple for hoodies. Costs are $11-16 for men's, $13-15 for ladies, and $22 to $28 for the hoodies. The Council is also offering moisture wick short-sleeve and long-sleeves shirts in white, gray and purple. The moisture wick short sleeve range is from $13 to $19 for short-sleeve and $16-$20 for long-sleeve.
This is an opportunity to get to know other Roosts and to get to know our own members better. We especially welcome our newer members to participate this year, and hope those who have attended before will come back. There are lots of activities during the weekend, including horseshoes, volleyball, a scavenger hunt, bingo, etc. More info on those will come at a later date.
I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have at the meeting, or any time. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me at 410-251-4360. Let's have as many of us as possible!
Thanks. Jo Ann Elder
· Harrington Trip: The Harrington Casino Trip is set:
o Departing: Montego Bay , Rose’s DE
o Cost: $20.00 per person, includes $15.00 free slot play and $7.00 towards lunch buffet
o Departing: Harrington at
o Please contact Mary Kendall to sign up, if you haven’t already participated need your name, birthday and where you will catch the bus. Email: email@example.com; Cell phone: 302-236–9617.
o Please make checks to Ravens Roost #44 and send checks to: Mary Kendall, 119 Pebble Drive, Dagsboro, DE 19939-9711 or you can pay at Roost meeting in March.
o Please sign up early bus only holds 50 people this time.
· From Irene:
o Tentative Entertainment Schedule 2018
§ April 13 – Harrington Bus Trip
§ May 3-6 – Springfest (Beer Truck)
§ May 31-June 3 – Council Convention
§ June 1 – Roost Scholarship Golf Tournament
§ June 2 – Convention Parade
§ July 14 – Annual Picnic
§ July 19 – Shorebirds Game - Shorebirds Event Thursday evening 7/19/18: $28pp (includes 2 hr. buffet, table/chair seating, giveaway visor & $2 pint cans)
There will be a signup sheet at the March meeting. We need at least 30 to signup + at least $250 deposit to book the event (Last year we had 53). Anyone who can write a check or cash for $28pp can help us get it started. Those who cannot attend the meeting please call Ron at 302-436-4790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. There will also be a bus for an extra charge if we have enough interested.
§ September 15 – Crab Feast
§ October 27 – Halloween Bull & Oyster Roast
§ November ? – Harrington Bus Trip
§ December 7 – Christmas Party
o Potential Activities Under Discussion
§ Bus Trip to Canton
§ Duckaneer Cruise
§ Pub Crawl Kent Island
§ Eastern Shore Ghost Bus Tour
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Friday, Saturday, & Sunday - Ocean City Film Festival, Art League of Ocean City. The Art League of Ocean City is proud to present Ocean City's second annual film festival showcasing 100 new films by regional and international filmmakers of every background and genre. Screening will be held at the Princess Royale Hotel, Clarion Resort and Fox Golf Coast Theater. Don't miss a special meet and greet party filmmaker Q&A's plus workshops led by local filmmakers. $50 all-access pass includes unlimited movies, "meet the filmmakers" opening night party with hors d'oeuvres, all workshops, and award ceremony. $10 day pass includes one day of movies.
· It was a stifling hot day and a man fainted in the middle of a busy intersection. Traffic quickly piled up in all directions, so a woman rushed to help him. When she knelt down to loosen his collar, a man emerged from the crowd, pushed her aside, and said, "It's all right honey, I've had a course in first aid."
The woman stood up and watched as he took the ill man's pulse and prepared to administer artificial respiration. At this point she tapped him on the shoulder and said, "When you get to the part about calling a doctor, I'm already here."
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.