Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez – The next Roost Meeting is at our regular meeting spot at OC 360 in the Fenwick Inn on April 12th at 7:30pm. At the meeting we will have Sign Up sheets for the Beer Truck at Springfest, the Convention, the Parade, and the Shorebirds Game on July 19th. Please contact me if you have any interest or questions if you can't attend the meeting and we will we have the right person get back to you.
Remember that your Roost Membership card entitles you to a 20% discount on food, beverage & apparel purchases at the Original Greene Turtle (116th St.). We encourage all Roost members and committees to patronize the Original Greene Turtle!
Remember that we collect plastic grocery bags at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (Local Food Bank & Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pickup truck is parked in front of OC 360 at every Roost meeting. Simply put your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck. This is a great way to recycle plastic bags for a good cause.
· Dates to Remember:
o Thursday, April 12 – Monthly Roost Meeting, 7:30pm @ OC 360.
o Friday, April 13 – Casino Trip to Harrington
o Tuesday, May 1 – Entertainment Committee meeting.
o Friday, June 1 – Scholarship Golf Tournament
· Membership: Thanks to everyone that have paid their dues so far. For those that haven’t yet, bring them to the next meeting, or please mail them to me, Susan White, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro, DE, 19939. Please make all checks payable to Ravens Roost #44. Thank you.
· Convention: Convention registrations and checks (made out to Ravens Roost 44 for $60 per person) must be submitted to me at the April 12 meeting. Any orders for t-shirts must also be submitted at that time.
Anyone can buy a commemorative t-shirt. Color choices for men are: ash, purple and white for t-shirts and tank tops; ladies--gray, purple, and white for V-neck t-shirts or tanks, and ash and purple for hoodies. Costs are $11-16 for men's, $13-15 for ladies, and $22 to $28 for the hoodies. The Council is also offering moisture wick short-sleeve and long-sleeves shirts in white, gray and purple. The moisture wick short sleeve range is from $13 to $19 for short-sleeve and $16-$20 for long-sleeve.
I have received the list of activities for the weekend. Some old favorites--horseshoes, corn hole, and bingo, in addition to some new ones--laser tag and plinko. Anyone registered for the convention may participate in the activities. I will have more details at the meeting.
Please consider joining your fellow Roost members at this giant party. It is a weekend full of fun, and hopefully sun (whatever that is!).
Jo Ann Elder firstname.lastname@example.org
· Convention Parade: Just wanted to share with everyone, that we found out today we will be able to get a Boardwalk Tram for the convention parade. I would think that with the Tram we will have many more members sign up to participate for the parade. I will have a signup sheet at the next membership meeting. Along with your name I will need your shirt size so we can order shirts for the parade. I will need a final count of everyone participating by the end of the meeting, so if you are sure you can participate please contact me right away so I can put your name on the list. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me at my email address or cellphone below. Looking forward to an overwhelming response for the parade.
· Harrington Trip: The Harrington Casino Trip is set:
o Departing: Montego Bay , Rose’s DE
o Cost: $20.00 per person, includes $15.00 free slot play and $7.00 towards lunch buffet
o Departing: Harrington at
o Please contact Mary Kendall to sign up, if you haven’t already participated need your name, birthday and where you will catch the bus. Email: email@example.com; Cell phone: 302-236–9617.
o Please make checks to Ravens Roost #44 and send checks to: Mary Kendall, 119 Pebble Drive, Dagsboro, DE 19939-9711 or you can pay at Roost meeting in March.
o UPDATE: Only two seats left!
· Apparel: 20th Anniversary Gear in Stock! There a few 20th Anniversary T shirts, Hoodies and Long Sleeve Shirts available in three colors - Black, Purple and Gray. Call me at 410-598-4597 if you're interested. Thanks, Eric.
· Penguin Swim: Each month Burley Oak Brewing Company has a guest artist display their work starting with the Berlin "2nd Friday" celebration. My artwork will be featured during the month of April. I am donating 10% of all sales during that month's show to the RR44 Penguin Swim Team's fundraising efforts for the annual AGH Penguin Swim. In conjunction with my show, the AGH Foundation is hosting a guest bar-tending event on Monday April 16 @ 6pm, to benefit "Healthway Drive Community Garden", a partnership between Atlantic General Hospital, Worcester County Health Department, and Berlin Nursing and Rehab Center. The event will include 2 Bartenders from Fagers Island donating tips, 50/50 raffle, Raffle of Basket of Cheer, 10% of bar ring donated by Burley Oak, and Live music from Darren Engh. Thanks, Gary Miller.
· Scholarship Golf Tournament: The Scholarship Golf committee once again are looking for donations of beer, wine, and liquor for the Ravens Roost Scholarship Golf Tournament basket of cheer. Donations will be picked-up at the April & May meetings.
· Good of the Roost: Vietnam Veterans Chapter #1091, Ocean City MD is dedicating a memorial bench to the eight Worcester County Veterans that gave their all during the Vietnam War. Ravens Roost #44 donated $500 toward this honor.
The dedication is scheduled for March 30, 2018, 11AM at the Worcester County Veterans Memorial in Ocean Pines.
Family, friends and the public are especially invited to attend this dedication for these eight heroes!
· PFC Barry H. Berger USA
· LCPL Frederick W. Bivens USMC
· SP4 Charles L. Briddle USA
· SGT Michael E. Gordy USMC
· PFC Alphonso L. Harmon USMC
· PFC Lewis M. Haywood USA
· SP4 Freddie Marshall Jr. USA
· MAJ Nutter J. Wimbrow lll USAF
For further information contact Nelson Kelly 410-213-5228 #1
o Tentative Entertainment Schedule 2018
§ April 13 – Harrington Bus Trip
§ May 1 – Entertainment Committee Meeting
§ May 3-6 – Springfest (Beer Truck)
§ May 31-June 3 – Council Convention
§ June 1 – Roost Scholarship Golf Tournament
§ June 2 – Convention Parade
§ July 14 – Annual Picnic
§ July 19 – Shorebirds Game - Shorebirds Event Thursday evening 7/19/18: $28pp (includes 2 hr. buffet, table/chair seating, giveaway visor & $2 pint cans)
There will be a signup sheet at the next meeting. We need at least 30 to signup + at least $250 deposit to book the event (Last year we had 53). We only have 24 signups so far so we cannot book our date yet. Anyone who can write a check or cash for $28pp can help us get it started. Those who cannot attend the meeting please call Ron at 302-436-4790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. There will also be a bus for an extra charge if we have enough interested.
§ September 29 – Crab Feast
§ October 27 – Halloween Bull & Oyster Roast
§ November ? – Harrington Bus Trip
§ December 7 – Christmas Party
o Potential Activities Under Discussion
§ Bus Trip to Canton
§ Duckaneer Cruise
§ Pub Crawl Kent Island
§ Eastern Shore Ghost Bus Tour
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Saturday - Easter Keg Scavenger Hunt - Adult Team Scavenger Hunt, Burley Oak Brewing Company. It's that time of year for our annual Easter Keg Hunt! April 7th from 12pm-2pm we will have registration here at the brewery with pizza! This event requires a team of 4-6 people. From there we will part with our teams and search for the colorful kegs visiting 8 downtown Berlin bars in the process!
Awards will be given out at 5pm for the following:
· Overall winning team
· Best Dressed (must be in all white)
· Best team name
· What’s the difference between light and hard? A guy can sleep with a light on.
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.