Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez – At the last Roost meeting, the membership approved a recommendation by the Board to make a donation to Operation We Care. For those of you who weren't there, I thought it would be valuable to tell you a little about this organization. Operation We Care sends packages of food, sanitary items, snacks, disposable razors and many other items to our troops overseas. It is truly a worthy cause. If anyone has had friends or family deployed, you know how much these packages can mean. One thing I learned when I was shipping packages to a cousin deployed, was that troops love hot sauce to spread over their MRE's. You can learn more about the organization by going to their website www.operationwecare.org; like them on Facebook or call Jeff Merritt 410-713-8940. There is also a Donation Box at the Ocean City Post Office on 71-72 St. to make donations year round. Or you can send financial contributions directly to Operation We Care, Inc., 829 E. William St., Salisbury, MD 21804.
Remember that your Roost Membership card entitles you to a 20% discount on food, beverage & apparel purchases at the Original Greene Turtle (116th St.). We encourage all Roost members and committees to patronize the Original Greene Turtle!
Remember that we collect plastic grocery bags at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (Local Food Bank & Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pickup truck is parked in front of OC 360 at every Roost meeting. Simply put your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck. This is a great way to recycle plastic bags for a good cause.
· Dates to Remember:
o Thursday, May 31 thru Sunday, June 3 – Council of Ravens Roost Annual Convention
o Friday, June 1 – Scholarship Golf Tournament
o June 6 - Entertainment Meeting, 5:30pm, at the Original Greene Turtle.
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. As of today we have 124 members in our Roost, I am still accepting dues. Susan White, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Convention: Advanced convention registration closed, but members that want to attend can still register, it’s just too late to get a goodie bag. You can even register at the convention if you want. If you are still interested, contact Jo Ann @ email@example.com. We have 22 members going to the convention.
· Convention Parade: We have 27 people signed up for convention parade, and can’t accept any more since we need at least 75% of our participants to be registered for the convention.
We have booked the Tram, and Susan White will be taking care of everything the day of the parade.
We will be wearing the Roost Hawaiian Shirts and your lower portion of your body should be either khaki or white shorts, Capri’s or such. Shoes would prefer closed shoe since I don’t want anyone tripping or falling in flip flops or sandals please. We have a total of 7 participants that do not have the roost Hawaiian shirts and are looking for loaners for the participants. If you have a loaner please contact myself or Susan White; If you can loan a shirt please put your name inside your shirt using painters or masking tape so we can make sure you get your shirt back and bring to the May meeting.
The Theme for the parade is “Riding the Wave to Ravenstown”. We are looking for surfboards and boogie boards, including any beach related items to help compliment the theme. And you can wear anything that would complement this theme of riding the wave.
We have ordered purple “grape” salt water taffy to give away.
Meeting at tram at 8am at Tram Hub - it is adjacent to the Oceanic Motel at the inlet. The address is 703 South Philadelphia Avenue, the tram building is on the left just before the inlet. If you have any questions, or if you signed up and have changed your mind please let us know as quickly as possible.
Best Regards & Have a Great Day, Mary Kendall. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Road Trip: Bus Trip to Charlotte: Tentatively scheduled 10/26-10/29. Cost will be approximately $975 per couple. This includes bus to and from Charlotte, two $85 game tickets, and three nights stay @ the Doubletree Hotel. We will try to do a tailgate party before the game.
As of this past Thursday’s Roost meeting, we have 27 people signed up. Ask your friends!
There will be a $175pp non-refundable deposit required now so we can secure the bus and the rooms. This was done on the previous bus trip so we can be assured that people are really committed to going on the trip. The deposit will be refunded if the trip falls through. Donna
· Apparel: 20th Anniversary Gear in Stock! There a few 20th Anniversary T shirts, Hoodies and Long Sleeve Shirts available in three colors - Black, Purple and Gray. Call me at 410-598-4597 if you're interested. Thanks, Eric.
· Scholarship Golf Tournament: Ravens Roost 44 Scholarship Golf Auction: We are offering a "Buy it Now" item to the General Membership. 2 tickets to the Freeman Stage "Simply Diamond" performance. A preeminent Neil Diamond Tribute. Performance date is Saturday June 23rd at 7pm. Package will include 2 Center Stage Sponsor Chairs 7th row or better. Also, Sponsor Gate Admission as well as Sponsor Deck Access is included. Value $75. Buy It Now for $60. Two packages are available. If interested call Marc Grimes at 302-222-0159.
o Tentative Entertainment Schedule 2018
§ May 31-June 3 – Council Convention
§ June 1 – Roost Scholarship Golf Tournament
§ June 2 – Convention Parade
§ June 6 - Entertainment Meeting, 5:30pm, at the Original Greene Turtle.
§ July 14 – Annual Picnic
§ July 19 – Shorebirds Game - Shorebirds Event Thursday evening 7/19/18: $28pp (includes 2 hr. buffet, table/chair seating, giveaway visor & $2 pint cans)
The status is that we have 32 signed up ( + actually 2 bus drivers that we pay for food only for them). Of the signees 26 have paid, I have now booked it with a deposit and we are good to go. But we still need some more to sign up - especially for the bus because with 19 bus riders the cost pp would be about $10. Let’s get some more for a safety valve and lower bus costs.
§ September 29 – Crab Feast
§ October 27 – Halloween Bull & Oyster Roast
§ November ? – Harrington Bus Trip
§ December 7 – Christmas Party
o Potential Activities Under Discussion
§ Bus Trip to Canton
§ Duckaneer Cruise
§ Pub Crawl Kent Island
§ Eastern Shore Ghost Bus Tour
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Tomorrow thru Sunday - Cruisin' Ocean City, Convention Center and Inlet Lot. This popular car show features over 3,400 hot rods, customs, classics, street machines, muscle cars and more. Live entertainment, celebrity guests, special attractions, boardwalk parades, manufacturers vendor midway and more. Boardwalk Parades. So many things to see and do, so make sure you cruise on down to Ocean City, MD! Admission $10/day Thursday and Sunday, $15/day Friday and Saturday. Children under 14 are free with an adult. For additional information, visit www.cruisinoceancity.com.
· Tomorrow - Herman's Hermits Starring Peter Noone, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Universally regarded as one of Rock and Roll's finest and most versatile entertainers, Peter Noone is second to none! Star of stage, screen, and record, Noone's performances are the stuff of legend, deftly delivering a broad palette of music, all gems that, through his voice, defined a generation. Herman's Hermits, starring Peter Noone, is a must-see concert experience. Rock's premiere raconteur packs plenty of puns, but pulls no punches with his music. Over 60 million records sold! 20 Top 40 Hits, including: "I'm Henry VIII, I Am", "Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter", "There's a Kind of Hush", "I'm Into Something Good", "Silhouettes", "Wonderful World", "Just a Little Bit Better", "I Can Take or Leave Your Loving", "A Must to Avoid", and "Listen People". Don't miss Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone! Tickets: $29 - $49.
· Patient: “I was thinking about getting a vasectomy.”
Doctor: “That’s a big decision. Have you talked it over with your family?”
Patient: “Yes, we took a vote and they’re in favor of it 17 to 2.”
· A man calls 9-1-1 and says, “My wife is pregnant, and her contractions are only two minutes apart!”
The operator asks, “Is this her first child?”
“No, you idiot!” the man shouts. “This is her husband!”
· First Woman: My son came to visit for summer vacation.
Second Woman: How nice! Did you meet him at the airport?
First Woman: Oh, no. I’ve known him for years!
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.