Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
At the next Roost meeting, a Nomination Committee will be formed and candidates for all open occasions and Board positions will be assembled. At the December Roost meeting, the Membership will vote on all positions. At the January 2019 meeting, the results of the election will be announced. The new officers and Board will be sworn in at the February 2019 Roost meeting. Step up! We need candidates for all positions! Please call me for any questions or more information on the election - 410-598-4597.
Don't forget to bring your checks to the November Roost meeting for the Christmas Dinner. We have a great menu and entertainment scheduled. Contact Ron Apperson for more information ASAP 302-436-4790. Don't forget to buy tickets at the November Roost meeting for the special Roost #44 Quilt that will be raffled off at the Christmas Dinner.
Ghost Walk in Pocomoke was a hoot. Sorry you missed it.
Plastic bags will be collected at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (the local Food Bank and Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pick up truck will be parked out front of OC 360. Just drop your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck.
· Dates to Remember:
o 11/2 – Guest Bartender fundraiser
o 11/5 – Entertainment Committee meeting
o 11/8 – Monthly Roost meeting @ OC360. Deadline Date for completed Christmas Party Selection form submission and payment by cash or check. See Donna or Ron.
o 12/7 – Roost Christmas Party
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. We currently have 172 members. I am still accepting dues. Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Road Trip: Bus Trip to Charlotte: Trip people: Please call me when you get to Charlotte (410.627.7697). Trip committee is trying to get a tailgate party together and we’d also like to do the curling piano bar one night together.
If anyone has an old shirt from Charlotte, bring it or your Hawaiian shirt.
If you have to cancel at this late date, you will be responsible for the cost of your hotel stay. I signed the contract for all rooms, and I don’t want to have to pay thousands of dollars because you cancelled your room. That being said, a little rain shouldn’t stop is from having fun! It doesn’t rain int eh bars! Remember, we play better when it rains! I will bring extra rain gear.
Be safe to those driving. Tony has us leaving Friday 4am. We should be in Charlotte around 1 or 2.
· Apparel: 20th Anniversary Gear in Stock! There a few 20th Anniversary T shirts, Hoodies and Long Sleeve Shirts available in three colors - Black, Purple and Gray. Call me at if you're interested. Thanks, Eric.
· Ticket Exchange:
o I would like to sell the following games. Bucks vs Ravens December 16 and Browns vs Ravens December 30. There are two seats Section 101, Row 32 seats 20 and 21. Visitors side the sunny side. Asking for face value for the tickets. Must buy both. Please call Marius Ambrose at 302-947-4168.
o I have 2 tickets for sale for the Ravens vs Buccaneers game on Sun. 12/16 @ 1pm. Seats are in Sec. 103, Row 32, seats 10 & 11. Face value of $146/each. Let me know if you are interested. Gary Miller
o Matt Herrmann is selling a full season of Ravens tickets at face value $1300 for both seats with option to buy PSLs during the next transfer period. Section 519 Row 17 Seats 7+8.
o I have five (5) tickets Section 534 Row 23 Seats 17 thru 21 for the PANTHERS vs RAVENS away game on Sunday Oct. 28, 2018. Face Value $85.00 per ticket, will consider offer. If you are interested, please call Fred Frankowski 410-250-8625 or 443-859-3467.
· Penguin Swim: Thanks to everyone who came out to Fox's for our Penguin Swim Fundraiser. We were able to sell over $370 in raffle tickets and we received a check from Fox's for $386. Total raised for this event was $756.
Our next event is the "OP VIP Guest Bar-tending Fundraiser" on Friday Nov. 2nd at the Ocean Pines Yacht Club. Food and Drink specials and your choice of lots of raffle prizes that will be drawn throughout the evening. See attached flyer for more information.
Thanks again for your support!
o Entertainment Committee Meeting November 5, 11am @ the Original Green Turtle.
o Entertainment Schedule 2018:
§ December 7 – Christmas Party at Big Easy from 6:30 - 9:30. Print out the attached selection form and bring it to the meeting on Nov 8th. A few blank forms may be available at the sign in table. Party guests not able to attend the meeting please mail them to Donna as directed on the form. If time is too short for that, please call Ron Apperson at 302-436-4790 to provide the selections and make arrangements for payment. Note: 49 people signed up and only 36 have completed the forms. Signing up is still open.
§ Potential Activities Under Discussion
· Bus Trip to Canton
· Duckaneer Cruise
· Pub Crawl Kent Island
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Tonight - The Original Greene Turtle is very excited to be hosting our 18th Annual Ravens Rap Show! The show is taped every Wednesday from 6 - 8pm and will air each Sunday at noon on WGMD 92.7FM the Talk of Delmarva and on WMDT - TV47.
Each week we will be welcoming local sports authorities including: Mike Bradley our weekly host, Tony Lombardi from the Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, former Baltimore Colt Bruce Laird, John Gherig from ExploreOC, Bobby Vermillion from Resort Video Guide plus many more...
This year's sponsors will include: Toyota, GEICO, JC Tickets, Ocean City Golf Getaway, Ocean City Golf Club, Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, Explore OC, Holiday Inn Express, the Comfort Inn at the Gold Coast Mall, the Resort Video Guide and this year we are very excited to welcome MILLER LIGHT to the Ravens Roost family!! TONIGHT – MIKE AND TONY ONLY.
Our drink specials will be $3.00 MILLER LIGHT BOTTLES and $2.50 MILLER LIGHT DRAFTS and of course Ravens Roost members receive 20% off of regular prices (not including drink specials or Happy Hour Prices)!!!
· Saturday - Swing for Youth Golf Open - Benefits the OC Parks & Recreation Youth Programs, Eagles Landing Golf Course. With sell-out crowds each year, Eagles Landing will host the OC Recreation Boosters 8th Annual Swing for Youth Golf Open. A continued successful-event, the Golf Open consists of a 4-person Florida scramble and participation is limited. All-inclusive price of $125 per player, $500 per team.
· Saturday - Wings and Wheels Exposition - Exposition at the Ocean City Municipal Airport, Ocean City Municipal Airport. Ocean City Municipal Airport is hosting a "Wings & Wheels Exposition" on Saturday, October 27 from 10am - 2pm. Airplanes, jeeps, cars, trucks, jeeps and military vehicles. Music and Announcements by Randy Lee Ashcraft. Bring your own chair or blanket and enjoy the planes and automobiles and music! Registration is from 9-11 am. Vehicle registration is $15. The closing ceremony is at 1:30 p.m. with Trophies and Plaques being awarded and a 50/50 Drawing. Adults are $5 & Children 12 years of age and younger are free.
· Saturday - Shore Craft Beer Fest - Buy Your Tickets Now, Sunset Park. Come for the weekend and celebrate Shore Craft Beer Month! Approximately nine breweries will be serving sample sizes of their beer. Each brewery will be bringing two styles of beer for sampling. Food will be available for purchase and a band will perform on stage. Participating Breweries: Dogfish Head, Rubber Soul, Evolution Craft Brewing Co., Assawoman Bay Brewing Co., 3rd Wave Brewing Co., Backshore Brewing Co., OC Brewing Co., Fin City Brewing Co., RAR, Tall Tales Brewing Company, Mispillion River Brewing. Cost: VIP tickets - $40, Regular tickets - $25 in advance, $30 at the door, Designated Driver tickets - $5 (includes soda and water).
· Saturday & Sunday - Autumn Home & Condo Expo and Art and Craft Fair, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Say hello to Autumn by attending The Autumn Home and Condo Show, an event for homeowners in all stages of remodeling, landscaping and decorating their homes. Attendees will have the opportunity to view merchandise, product demonstrations, interior displays and exterior displays. Get advice from professionals and be inspired on how to enhance your home. Saturday - 10am to 6pm, Sunday - 10am to 4pm. Admission: Adults: $6, Seniors (55 & up) and Students: $5, Kids 13 & under and Military, Police, and Fire with ID: FREE.
· Saturday & Sunday - OCtoberfest: Halloween Beach Maze - Beach Maze, Ocean City Inlet. Wicked witches, pirates of the sand, scary scarecrows, ghouls in the graveyard, zombies, and more await your arrival. People of all ages, from newborns to grandparents, will enjoy a pleasant scream as they meandered the sands of the giant, bigger and better than ever, beach maze! Be there if you dare!
· A 5-year old boy went to visit his grandmother one day. While playing with his toys in her bedroom while grandma was dusting furniture, he looked up and said, "Grandma, how come you don't have a boyfriend?"
Grandma replied, "Honey, my TV is my boyfriend. I can set in my bedroom and watch it all day long. The TV evangelists keep me company and make me feel so good. The comedies make me laugh. I'm so happy with my TV as my boyfriend." Grandma turned on the TV and the picture was horrible. She started adjusting the knobs trying to get the picture in focus. Frustrated, she started hitting on the backside of the TV hoping to fix the problem.
The little boy heard the doorbell ring, so he hurried to open the door. When he opened the door, there stood Grandma's minister. The minister said, "Hello son is your grandma home?"
The little boy replied, "Yeah, she's in the bedroom bangin' her boyfriend."
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.