Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez – The election for the 2018 Officers and Board of Directors will be held at the January 11th Roost Meeting. Thanks to Dennis and his Committee Joanne Faber and Rob Carpenter for volunteering for the Nomination Committee. We need more new members to volunteer for the offices and committees! Please think about getting involved!
All officers and one Board member will be elected at the meeting. I hope everyone and your family had a blessed Christmas and my very best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year! Beat the Bengals!!
· Dates to Remember:
o Tonight – Ravens Rap @ the Original Greene Turtle. 6 - 8pm. Show your support for the Ravens and Ravens Roost 44! Door prizes galore.
o Thursday, February 15 – Mini Golf Tournament
· Season Bus: Call Mike Grimes at 410.251.6821 for information.
· Ticket Exchange:
o For Sale: (3) seats. We would like to sell the PSL and can discuss the price if someone is interested in making an offer. The other options would be preferably to sell the whole season (at cost), but will consider selling by game if the tickets are available. Section 550, Row 21, Seats 9-11. Total amount = 2500.00 (833.00 each). We can be reach at, Craig at 410-977-4538 or Anita at 410-977-7760.
o We’d like to sell a set of either 2 or 4 tickets for the season. Section 532, row 10, seats 9-12 - $828 each for the season-face value. Call Don Vecchioni for more information at 443-909-6261 (cell).
o Single seat ticket for sale for each of the Ravens home games. $80 for each game ticket. Section 539, Row 10 Seat 5. Bus seat available for $40. Call Paul Neal 302-436-9017. Speak slowly if you leave a message. Thanks, Paul.
o Nick Costa 410-428-0131. Section 133 Row 33 seats 9 & 10. $140 each. He will sell tickets with or without PSL.
· OCRR44 Penguin Swim Team: First, we want to say THANK YOU to all of you who donated to individuals and to the Team as a whole AND to everyone who purchased raffle tickets. The raffle alone raised $1800. And another Big THANK YOU to Martha Worthington who did a GREAT job making the quilt which is what drove a lot of the ticket sales. Thanks to all of you, we are nearing our goal of raising $14,000 for the hospital.
If anyone would like to make a donation, there is still time. Just go to "www.aghpenguinswim.org", click on "Teams" then on "OC Ravens Roost 44". At that point you can pick an individual or donate to the Team by clicking on "donate" and filling in the required info.
Everyone is invited to come down to the Princess Royal to support and cheer for the Team. The hospitality room is on the pool level. There will be some refreshments in the room and you are welcome to bring more to share if you want. We go into the water at 1pm and will be going to BJ's for lunch after the awards ceremony. Everyone is welcome to join us for lunch as well.
Thanks for your support!!
The OC Ravens Roost#44 Penguin Swim Team.
· Elections: Nominations are now open for the vacant Roost leadership positions. At this time, we are looking for a new Vice President, and 2 Board members. It’s a good opportunity for both old and new members to get involved to help continue the good work of Roost 44. If you’re interested in serving in any of these positions, you can review the position descriptions in the bylaws on the website (www.ocravensroost44.com) or contact any of the Nominating Committee members listed below.
o Dennis Faber 410-600-0221 firstname.lastname@example.org
o Joanne Faber 410-600-0221 email@example.com
o Rob Carpenter 410-456-3990 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Apparel: We have some 20th Anniversary Apparel left if you missed out or would like to order more. Contact Eric Waterman - Eric_waterman@comcast.net or 410-598-4597.
• T Shirt 1 Large $6.00
• Long Sleeve Shirt 1 Small $8.25
• Zip Hoodie 1 XL $21.00
• T Shirt 1 XL $6.00
• T Shirt 1 XXX $10.50
• Zip Hoodie 1 XL $21.00
• T Shirt 1 L $6.00
• T Shirt 2 XL $6.00
• Long Sleeve Shirt 4 2X $8.25
• Zip Hoodie 1 2X $23.00
· Drag Queen Comedy Show. I am hosting as a way to raise money for Believe in Tomorrow. I am waiting on some pictures to create a flyer but the information is as follows: Saturday, January 13th from 7-11 at the Pit & Pub. Tickets will cost $25. The bar will be offering happy hour prices and a discounted menu, plus there will be some light hors d’oeuvres included in the ticket cost. I am limited to 100 people and I have an overwhelming response for people wanting tickets. I believe this will sell out fast, so I wanted to give you the information. Once I create the flyer I will forward it to you as well, but wanted you to know that I am beginning to sell the tickets now. Thank you, Maria.
· Mini Golf Tournament: Tentative date and time - Thurs Feb 15, 2018; 7-9pm for golf, food & prizes later at Greene Turtle.
o Where: Golf at 136th St. indoor venue with beer, wine and soda before and during play
o Current status:18 people signed up, need about 32-36 to make it work. This is open to non-members so it is ok to invite a friend(s).
o Format: same as last year: Foursomes of 2 mixed teams of 2 (male/female) - projected cost $25-30pp based on head count.
o Sign up: Please do this at the January Roost meeting - prefer earlier by calling Ron 302-436-4790 or email@example.com so proper planning can be done + a commitment to Old Pro Golf.
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Tonight - Ravens Rap Show - The Original Greene Turtle. Ravens Rap Show Live - all you need to know about your hometown team! Join your hosts Mike Bradley of 92.7 FM with special guests Bruce Laird and Tony Lombardi from Russell Street Report for expert analysis, fun commentary and insider info.
The Ravens Rap Show is filmed LIVE every Wednesday night from 6-8pm at The Original Greene Turtle! Featuring 16 ounce Aluminum Bud Light Bottles during the show - $3.00.
· A couple was holiday shopping at the mall, and the place was packed. As the wife walked through the mall, she was surprised to look up and see her husband was nowhere around. She was quite upset because they had a lot to do. Because she was so worried, she called him on her cell phone to ask him where he was.
In a calm voice, the husband said, "Honey, you remember the jewelry store we went into about 5 years ago where you fell in love with that diamond necklace that we could not afford and I told you that I would get it for you one day?"
The wife choked up and started to cry and said, "Yes, I remember that jewelry store."
He said, "Well, I'm in the bar right next to it."
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.
· Everyone have a safe and prosperous New Year!