Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez – The election for the 2018 Officers and Board of Directors will be held at the January 11th Roost Meeting. Thanks to Dennis and his Committee Joanne Faber and Rob Carpenter for volunteering for the Nomination Committee. We need more new members to volunteer for the offices and committees! Please think about getting involved!
4th and 12 on 49 yard line? C'mon Man!
· Dates to Remember:
o Thursday, January 11 – Monthly Roost Meeting, 7:30pm, at OC360.
o Thursday, February 15 – Mini Golf Tournament
o Friday, June 1 – Scholarship Golf Tournament
· Elections: Nominations are now open for the vacant Roost leadership positions. At this time, we are looking for a new Vice President, and 2 Board members. It’s a good opportunity for both old and new members to get involved to help continue the good work of Roost 44. If you’re interested in serving in any of these positions, you can review the position descriptions in the bylaws on the website (www.ocravensroost44.com) or contact any of the Nominating Committee members listed below.
o Dennis Faber 410-600-0221 email@example.com
o Joanne Faber 410-600-0221 firstname.lastname@example.org
o Rob Carpenter 410-456-3990 email@example.com
· Apparel: We have some 20th Anniversary Apparel left if you missed out or would like to order more. Contact Eric Waterman - Eric_waterman@comcast.net or 410-598-4597.
• T Shirt 1 Large $6.00
• Long Sleeve Shirt 1 Small $8.25
• Zip Hoodie 1 XL $21.00
• T Shirt 1 XL $6.00
• T Shirt 1 XXX $10.50
• Zip Hoodie 1 XL $21.00
• T Shirt 1 L $6.00
• T Shirt 2 XL $6.00
• Long Sleeve Shirt 4 2X $8.25
• Zip Hoodie 1 2X $23.00
· Drag Queen Comedy Show. I am hosting as a way to raise money for Believe in Tomorrow. I am waiting on some pictures to create a flyer but the information is as follows: Saturday, January 13th from 7-11 at the Pit & Pub. Tickets will cost $25. The bar will be offering happy hour prices and a discounted menu, plus there will be some light hors d’oeuvres included in the ticket cost. I am limited to 100 people and I have an overwhelming response for people wanting tickets. I believe this will sell out fast, so I wanted to give you the information. Once I create the flyer I will forward it to you as well, but wanted you to know that I am beginning to sell the tickets now. Thank you, Maria.
· Mini Golf Tournament: Tentative date and time - Thurs Feb 15, 2018; 7-9pm for golf, food & prizes later at Greene Turtle.
o Where: Golf at 136th St. indoor venue with beer, wine and soda before and during play
o Current status:18 people signed up, need about 32-36 to make it work. This is open to non-members so it is ok to invite a friend(s).
o Format: same as last year: Foursomes of 2 mixed teams of 2 (male/female) - projected cost $25-30pp based on head count.
o Sign up: Please do this at the January Roost meeting - prefer earlier by calling Ron 302-436-4790 or firstname.lastname@example.org so proper planning can be done + a commitment to Old Pro Golf.
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Friday - , Lighthouse Sound Restaurant. Burgers with Bob is Back! Every Friday night in January and February, Bob from Opposite Directions will be playing in our lounge from 6-9pm. A special burger menu will be available on these nights prepared by Chef Joel, plus we will have Happy Hour drinks specials from 4 - 7pm.
· Sam has been in business for 25 years and is finally sick of the stress. He quits his job and buys 50 acres in Alaska as far from humanity as possible. He sees the postman once a week and gets groceries once a month. Otherwise it's total peace and quiet. After six months or so of almost total isolation, someone knocks on his door. He opens it and there's a big, bearded man standing there.
"Name's Lars...Your neighbor from forty miles away...Having a birthday party Friday...Thought you might like to come. About 5...
"Great," says Sam, "after six months out here I'm ready to meet some local folks. Thank you."
As Lars is leaving, he stops. "Gotta warn you...There's gonna be some drinkin'."
"Not a problem...after 25 years in business, I can drink with the best of em."
Again, as he starts to leave, Lars stops. "More'n'likely gonna be some fightin' too."
Sam says, "Well, I get along with people. I'll be there. Thanks again."
Once again Lars turns from the door. "I've seen some wild sex at these parties, too."
"Now that's really not a problem," says Sam. "I've been all alone for six months! I'll definitely be there. By the way, what should I bring?"
Lars stops in the door again and says, "Whatever you want, just gonna be the two of us".
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.