Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez – The September Roost meeting will be moved to September 6, since the Ravens will be in Cincinnati on our normally scheduled meeting day. Remember you can go straight into our meeting room and order food. You don't have to go to the bar to order food and drinks.
The House Committee met to discuss ways to improve the flow and service at our monthly meetings. If you want to have dinner at OC 360 at our Roost meetings, please be advised that you need to order dinner in the bar or dining room BEFORE the meeting. We WON'T be taking food orders during our Roost meeting. Only drink orders. If you order dinner that is not ready by the time the meeting begins, your order will be brought in, but again, NO food orders will be taken during the meeting. OC 360 has generously offered to have modest snacks on the tables for us at the meeting. So, if you want to have dinner at OC 360, please come early enough to have dinner BEFORE the meeting.
The Raven Rap radio show starts tonight at the Original Greene Turtle at 6:30. There will be game day raffles for several games like last year. Panelists include MC Mike Bradley, Bobby Vermillion and Tony Lombardi.
Please think about stepping up to volunteer for Board and Officer positions and the Golf Scholarship Committee next year. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the responsibilities for any of these positions. or 410-598-4597.
Remember that your Roost Membership card entitles you to a 20% discount on food, beverage & apparel purchases at the Original Greene Turtle (116th St.). We encourage all Roost members and committees to patronize the Original Greene Turtle!
Remember that we collect plastic grocery bags at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (Local Food Bank & Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pickup truck is parked in front of OC 360 at every Roost meeting. Simply put your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck. This is a great way to recycle plastic bags for a good cause.
· Dates to Remember:
o Today – Entertainment Meeting
o Tomorrow – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 9/12 – Booze Cruise
o 9/29 – Roost Crab Feast
o 10/12 -Harrington Trip
o 10/17 – Pizza Benefit
o 12/7 – Roost Christmas Party
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. We currently have 172 members. I am still accepting dues. Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Road Trip: Bus Trip to Charlotte: Tickets are in for Charlotte trip. Will bring to next meeting. Call if you want to pick them up at my house. Also if anyone wants to help with Ent Comm and you work, please let us know and we can change meetings to evenings. Don’t forget to bring in t-shirts for the quilt Martha is going to make us. Thanks, Ent Comm
· Apparel: 20th Anniversary Gear in Stock! There a few 20th Anniversary T shirts, Hoodies and Long Sleeve Shirts available in three colors - Black, Purple and Gray. Call me at if you're interested. Thanks, Eric.
· - Friday, October 12th - Monday, October 15th, 2018. Package for two includes: Friday and Saturday stay, Sunday is complimentary. Breakfast buffet in the Beach House restaurant on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Tailgate Party, Eastern Shore style, Saturday on the Coconuts patio. Rates starting at $325 for two guests.
· Sports Memorabilia Silent Auction, Sunday October 7, 2018 12-5PM, American legion Post #166, 24th St. and Philadelphia Ave. Ocean City, Md. Please use 24th St. accessible entrance. Tailgate lite fare available- cash bar. NFL on the big screen w/ surround sound. Great chance to add to your collection or go Christmas shopping. ***Sports memorabilia donations welcome***. All money collected used for our Veteran and community charities. Call June Kelly for information 302 236 2261.
· Ticket Exchange:
o I would like to sell the following games. Bucks vs Ravens December 16 and Browns vs Ravens December 30. There are two seats Section 101, Row 32 seats 20 and 21. Visitors side the sunny side. Asking for face value for the tickets. Must buy both. Please call Marius Ambrose at 302-947-4168.
o I have 2 tickets for sale for the Ravens vs Buccaneers game on Sun. 12/16 @ 1pm. Seats are in Sec. 103, Row 32, seats 10 & 11. Face value of $146/each. Let me know if you are interested. Gary Miller
o Matt Herrmann is selling a full season of Ravens tickets at face value $1300 for both seats with option to buy PSLs during the next transfer period. Section 519 Row 17 Seats 7+8.
· Penguin Swim: AGH Website is up and the OC Ravens Roost #44 Penguin Swim Team page is ready to register those wanting to join the Team. Go to "" to register and donate. See Gary at the Aug. meeting for more info.
Our Annual Bar Hop Cruise (Booze Cruise) is scheduled for Wed. Sept. 12th. $35/pp includes boat ride to 3 waterfront bars, (1st stop is the Reel Inn, 2nd stop is Sunset Grill, and 3rd stop is Mad Fish). HH prices at each, cash bar on board the boat and 5 raffle tickets for prizes at each stop. Meet at MR Ducks (HH prices till 6pm), board The Explorer at 5:45, Depart at 6pm. Return to MR Ducks about 10:15 pm. Cash or check made out to OC Ravens Roost #44. Contact Gary for tickets at or sign up at the August meeting.
Fundraising Night at the new Fox's Pizza Den in West OC (in the new SC next to Home Depot and the new Michael's) on Wednesday Oct. 17th, 4pm to 7pm. 15% of your food bill will be donated to the OC RR44 Penguin Swim Team in support of AGH.
o Tentative Entertainment Schedule 2018
§ Entertainment Committee Meeting September 5 @ the Original Greene Turtle, 12pm. We are looking for Roost T Shirts as donations for a Roost quilt to be auctioned off at Christmas Party.
§ September 29, 12pm – 3pm – Crab Feast. All you can eat crabs, fried chicken, corn on the cob, hush puppies, soft drinks, and Miller Lite and Coors Light draft. $36pp, and that includes all taxes and gratuities. Marian will be accepting checks only, no cash, made payable to Ravens Roost #44.
§ October 12 – Harrington Bus Trip
· Date: Friday, October 12th, 2018
· Bus company: Blondee’s Express
· First Pickup – 8:30am Montego Bay
· Second Pickup - 9:00 am Rose’s Parking (DE)
· Arrival: 10:00 am Harrington Casino
· Departure: 3:00 pm
· Cost: $20.00 per person
· Rewards: $15.00 free slot play and $7.00 towards lunch buffet
· To sign up please contact Mary Kendall Email: . Cellphone: 302-236-9617. Let me know if you have any questions. Mary
§ December 7 – Christmas Party. A signup sheet will be distributed for all members who think they will attend if they do not have a conflict that prevents it. We need a head count to start planning with the venue beginning next Monday.
o Potential Activities Under Discussion
§ Bus Trip to Canton
§ Duckaneer Cruise
§ Pub Crawl Kent Island
§ Eastern Shore Ghost Bus Tour
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Beginning tonight - The Original Greene Turtle is very excited to be hosting our 18th Annual Ravens Rap Show! The show is taped every Wednesday (starting 9/5) from 6 - 8pm and will air each Sunday at noon on WGMD 92.7FM the Talk of Delmarva and on WMDT - TV47.
Each week we will be welcoming local sports authorities including: Mike Bradley our weekly host, Tony Lombardi from the Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, former Baltimore Colt Bruce Laird, John Gherig from ExploreOC, Bobby Vermillion from Resort Video Guide plus many more...
This year's sponsors will include: Toyota, GEICO, JC Tickets, Ocean City Golf Getaway, Ocean City Golf Club, Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, Explore OC, Holiday Inn Express, the Comfort Inn at the Gold Coast Mall, the Resort Video Guide and this year we are very excited to welcome MILLER LIGHT to the Ravens Roost family!!
Our drink specials will be $3.00 MILLER LIGHT BOTTLES and $2.50 MILLER LIGHT DRAFTS and of course Ravens Roost members receive 20% off of regular prices (not including drink specials or Happy Hour Prices)!!!
· Saturday - - 10th Annual Brews on the Beach, Hooper's Crab House. Come out to Hooper's Crab House for the 10th Annual Brews on the Beach event. Enjoy delicious craft beer provided by several breweries including The Fin City Brewing Co., Hoop Tea, 3rd Wave, Backshore Brewing Co., Tall Tales Brewing Company, Big Oyster Brewery, Misspillion River Brewing, Evolution Craft Brewing Co., Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales, Rubber Soul Brewing Co., and Burley Oak. Music will be provided by Opposite Directions.
· Sunday - , Somerset Plaza between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. Enjoy viewing classic cars while listening to live music in Ocean City Maryland. OC Cruzers will display approximately 15 vehicles along Somerset Street Plaza. The owners of the vehicles will supervise and educate spectators about their older cars. Live music or DJ will be provided. Select Sundays 2:30pm to 6pm. For more information, call 410-289-7739 or visit . Music Schedule TBA.
Save the Dates:
· Sep 9, 23
· Sunday - - Fundraiser for the Worcester County Humane Society, Macky's Bayside Bar and Grill. Come out to Macky's Bayside Bar and Grill for its Second Annual "Wagging Tail" - Gate Party sponsored by Tito's Vodka and Dogfish Head Distilling Company. Enjoy $2 Tito's Cocktails & $2 Dogfish Beers.
· Tuesday - -Annual Motorcycle Ride and Memorial Service, Ocean City Boardwalk. This annual event is a motorcycle ride and memorial service to commemorate 9/11/2001. Parade September 11 from 8:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. on the Boardwalk from 27th Street to North Division Street. For more Information, email John at .
· Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you anymore. We are lonesome here and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."
And God said, "No problem! I will create a companion for you that will be with you forever and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."
And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve. And it was a good animal. And God was pleased.
And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.
And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."
And God said, "No problem. Because I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."
And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them. And they were comforted.
And God was pleased. And Dog was content and wagged his tail.
After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."
And God said, "No problem! I will create for them a companion who will be with them forever and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."
And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.
And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings. And Adam and Eve learned humility.
And they were greatly improved.
And God was pleased. And Dog was happy.
And Cat didn't give a shit one way or the other.
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.